Wedding Photography

As a wedding photographer, capturing the moments of people who are making the ultimate commitment to each other is what I’m most passionate about. These are the moments you only get once, and I am very honored that you are considering me to help you keep these memories for a life time.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

240 Kent Ave, Brooklyn, NY Tri-State. NY, NJ, CT. (917) 937-8069

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Jivin J

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are currently searching for a Photographer for your engagement or wedding, LOOK NO FURTHER! I've come across a lot of photographers work and Serena's is by far the best i have seen. She is very attentive to details, and responds to emails same day.... Read More When i first came across Serena and JP, at that time Silver Slate Media, we were a bit hesitant since we did not see any pictures of any Indian couples on her website. But she assured us she would make sure she listens to all our requests, and yes she came through! The day of the shoot, Serena and JP arrived early to set up for shooting, I think they got their around 630 AM. Needless to say, that day went awesome. She made sure, we got what we wanted and of course when we were unsure, she directed us so we get the best shots. We also booked her for our wedding as well, and we can't wait to see the finished work. I recommended her to one of my friends who will be getting married in November, and she booked Serena and JP as well. Again, folks if you are looking for a photographer who is amazing work and fairly priced, don't waste your time looking around, just go ahead and book her and she will take care of the rest!

2017-07-27T17:24:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the compliment. You and Susan are a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to photograph your big day next year!!! ❤❤❤

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Alejandra G

Serena has that great photographer eye and just what we were looking for! I love how calm she remains throughout the day, but still great with giving direction and caputuring our day! She knows when to direct a shot and go around and get those natural photos as well. She caught... Read More moments we didn't even know took place and for how quickly the day flies by this was key for us. Our guests loved her and we felt like we could enjoy our day. She has a modern way of shooting and keeps it fresh we didn't want everything to look like traditional staged photos though we did ask for some. She knows how to deliver. There were a lot of great candid shots that looking back our guests didn't even realize she was there. She floated around the venue capturing the details and making the memories last for years to come! We highly recommend going with Serena!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 John M

My wife Cj and I were married this past December 2016. We were searching for wedding photographers with a more keen, modern eye rather than a photographer to take the "old fashioned" standard wedding photos. We searched through at least 60-70 companies and then I remembered... Read More meeting a photographer at a TEDx event in NYC a few years earlier that had a really easy-going vibe. I remembered how well she handled all the prestigious speakers and how she got them to do things to get her shots (very impressive as I was an organizer and I couldn't get them to do jack!). I emailed her to see if she did wedding photos and she directed me to her website to review her wedding work. WOW.... we loved what we saw and we hired her immediately. Serena and JP arranged a call with us to discuss what we were looking for; the types of shots we wanted, individual, group, family, table, etc. They were very thorough and went through the ceremony shots reminding us that not only the bride walking down the aisle was important, but the groom reactions to her doing so as well. They got ALL the key traditional shots and then took some improvised shots of us and family. For the reception they were like butterfly's all around the room; there, but not there, and getting many shots of us interacting with family and friends. We were excited to see all the final wedding photos and when we did we were absolutely blown away. GORGEOUS pictures! We never looked better and my family and friends keep ordering photo's of themselves as well! We HIGHLY recommend Serena and JP of SilverSlate Media and if you can actually book them you will be extremely lucky! Wishing all good luck with your plans and a beautiful marriage! John & Cj

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Simon J

From our initial conversation, I knew we were in good hands. Serena really understood the look and feel we were looking for. She showed up very early and stayed until the job was more than done. Reliable and talented. Can't wait to use her again for our next event!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Henry W

Serena is very professional she communicated very well with me and my wife before the wedding. Our wedding day shoot went smoothly, she's not intrusive but she managed to get great shots. We are very happy with the final photos and wedding album.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Marc I

Serena is a very talented and passionate photographer. She approaches every shoot with great energy and enthusiasm, which she is effortlessly able to share with the people she photographs. Her pictures end up being wonderfully candid moments capturing her subjects natural... Read More beauty.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Jade C

Serena was exceptional, always one step ahead, she has a gift for capturing beautiful candid moments. We were very happy with our wedding photos and have several favorites! We collaborated beforehand and on the day of, she arrived early and handled the room gracefully. We will... Read More definitely be calling for future events. Thank You!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Ya G

Serena and JP, they are awesome ! Looking for best photographers for your wedding ? Strongly recommend those two professionals. They make me feel confident. With their outstanding skills, as the result, our photos are way much better than we expected. It's actually a big... Read More surprise.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Aaron M

My best collection of photos were take by Serena by far. Whenever people see these photos, they would ask who the photographer is and want to get in contact with her. Too bad that I am in Beijing, and she is based in NYC. I am waiting for meeting Serena again to have more... Read More photos taken by her. I think Serena is very talented and she knows how to capture the best moment of you.

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 SImon D

JP and Serena were excellent as the photography/videography team. Well mannered and discreet, and when they needed to be, they were clear and vocal with their direction to the guests to set up the shots - just what I wanted in a photographer! Our personal shots were excellent,... Read More Serena just made us feel so comfortable, and her results are stunning. The overall quality of photography returned to us, the videography, the photography was so wonderful, I'm just happy that we'll have these as the memories of our big day! Can't recommend them enough!

Serena Xu-Ning Carr

I started my photo business in Beijing back in 2011. While getting booked to do a shoot across US, I met my future husband and in 2015 I became a bride myself! To me, finding love in photography and life, go hand in hand. Without photography, I wouldn't have found my husband, without love I wouldn’t have started photography business or a new life here. Capturing the moment of people who are making the ultimate commitment to each other and getting a unique set of photos for each couple to call their own is what I’m most passionate about.