Documentary, Lifestyle

Online Proofing

Cranston, RI
Serving New England

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Kim not only is an extremely talented photographer, but also has the ability to make you feel comfortable, beautiful, and relaxed. I was an out of town bride and live about 7 1/2 hours away from the venue. Kim was always attentive, responsive, and flexible. She always listened... Read More to my thoughts/ideas and gave me great advice and suggestions. Kim and her assistant were able to capture some incredibly beautiful moments of my husband and I's wedding. I always wanted pictures that were a bit more editorial/candid/etc and she was able to make our posed pictures look natural! Not only that but the she makes you feel like you're a movie star the entire time. She arrived right on time at the venue and immediately started snapping away. Her assistant was also present and photographed the groomsmen and groom, and was able to give my smile-shy husband some advice so he didn't frown in every single picture. Kim uses a bunch of different cameras and is constantly thinking about lighting, background, etc to get the perfect shot (which she got many of). Towards the end we had to add on another hour due to a delay that occurred before our introductions, and she was completely fine with staying and I could tell she just wanted to make sure I was happy. Also, many of my guests had no idea that she was taking pictures! She was not intrusive at all and really captured our wedding beautifully. Last but not least, the product is stunning. I have over 600 pictures from our wedding and am having an incredibly hard time figuring out which ones to print and hang up around the house! They're all so wonderful. Thank you Kim for everything!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Amanda A

I have had the pleasure of working with Kim twice; first for my sister's wedding two years ago and then for my own this past summer. She did such a fantastic job for my sister, I knew that I wanted Kim as my photographer when my day came. With so many things to worry about... Read More throughout the wedding planning, I knew that Kim wasn't going to be one of them. Start to finish she was extremely professional, prompt, and her genuine excitement for the work made me feel at ease and confident that she would do a fabulous job. Kim has a way of making you so comfortable in front of the camera that you forget she's there. But when you need a little help, she's there to guide you, primp you, and make sure she gets the perfect shot. Kim has a way of anticipating those magic moments and expertly captures the energy of the people and party through her photographs. I received hundreds of photos from Kim and every single one was fabulous. I truly can't say enough good things about Kim and am so thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with her.

AWESOME photographer!! Highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Kim Praast and her photography. The wedding photographer was one of the things I really, really cared about in all of the wedding planning. Since the photos are what you'll have when everything else is said and done. We interviewed 4... Read More photographers before Kim and none of them really clicked. But as soon as we met with Kim, I knew she was the one! She was very easy to talk to and understood the vision I had for the wedding photos. She has a great energy and is very professional. She always responded to any emails or text messages quickly. And I guess most important of all her photos were AMAZING!! In addition to awesome wedding photos, she had them edited and back to us really quickly after the wedding. I loved working with Kim and highly recommend her to any Bride and Groom!!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Rachel L

Kim was a pleasure to work with! She was very organized from the start. While we had to reach out to other vendors proactively to make sure everything was on track, we always knew where we stood with Kim. A week or so before the wedding we had a lengthy discussion about all of... Read More the details- she really wanted to make sure she captured every moment perfectly for us and she did! The pictures came out absolutely beautiful! Would definitely recommend working with her to any future bride :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Elizabeth M

Kim was an absolute dream as our wedding photographer! I am from out of state and she made the time to meet with me whenever I was available. She was easy to reach by phone, email or text. From the moment I first spoke to her on the phone, I felt at ease that I had found the... Read More right photographer. She was professional and personable in capturing our special day and getting some great shots of our guests. I loved that she did some portraits and some more artistic shots along with the generic wedding photos. Kim made me feel beautiful which is what everyone deserves on their wedding day! Thank you so much Kim!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Leslie B

This is a very belated review, but as we look back on our wedding photos from last summer, we realize that we never did take the time to submit a review on our experience with Kim. We were married on Block Island last June. Without hesitation, Kim agreed to take the ferry out... Read More to the island to shoot our wedding. She did an excellent job capturing all of the important moments (wedding prep, ceremony, cocktails, toasts, and our reception) and made sure to snap all of the other photos (including many of our hand-made decorations) on our shot/request list. We met before the wedding to discuss our visions and desires and she absolutely fulfilled them! Kim is a total professional. She was a delight to work with. And her photos are really excellent. We would definitely recommend using Kim for your wedding or other event!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

Kim is amazing! She gave us what we asked for and then some!! She pays attention to what you want to capture and does it in the most unique, inspiring way. She was excited to work a little "out of the box" with us and made our dream pictures into a reality. It was a lot of fun... Read More too!!!! Thank you again, Kim!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Matthew L

We absolutely loved working with Kim. We found her based on her stellar reviews from wedding websites and they were totally accurate! From our first meeting with Kim, we felt instantly at ease and knew we wanted her to be our photographer. She was so easy to talk to and... Read More really tried to get to know us so that she could appropriately capture us on our wedding day. She absolutely did. She was so easy to work with and was so flexible with us throughout the whole process. She knew when to take charge to rally the troops to get the group photos done so we could enjoy our day but still have great photos to look back on. We recently received all of our photos and will have a hard time deciding which to print since we love to many of them. If you are looking for your wedding photographer, look no further, you can't go wrong with Kim!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

We are incredibly happy that we chose Kim for our wedding and engagement photos. The engagement shoot was one of our first photo experiences, and Kim did a fantastic job of encouraging and teaching us. Even with unfortunate weather during the scheduled date, she quickly found an... Read More indoor venue that was hip, interesting and romantic. During the day of the wedding, Kim and her assistant worked really well with us and all of the friends and family, and many guests commented on how lovely the photographers were when interacting and unassuming when taking candid shots. Kim has a great eye and really got to know us before each shoot, and she really captured the dynamics of our relationship in a great way. Overall, we were very happy with the quality of photos from both shoots and the price with full access to photos was a definite value. Thanks Kim!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Elizabeth B

Kim was an amazing photographer to work with. She was always available and easy to reach when we had questions, and she was very professional while at the same time very friendly and approachable. Kim has a great personality and was fun to work with! She helped keep the timeline... Read More of the day on track but was still relaxed and easy-going- which is a difficult balance! Our photos came out better than I could have imagined- she was able to get every shot I was hoping for- even with our extra-large wedding party. I would definitely recommend Kim to anyone looking for an exceptional photographer!

Kim is the best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Liz B

Love Kim Praast Photography

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Kim was absolutely amazing!!! We met her at the rainbow wedding expo and we instantly connected! We had our choice of photographers but there was something about Kim that we knew it was ment to be for us to work together on our special day. Kim has a warm heart and an outgoing... Read More personality that is just contagious . Kim was fun to work with and super flexible to say the least. If you need a photographer Kim is your girl. Our day was that much more memorable because of Kim Praast Photography !!

Beyond Our Expectations

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

There are truly no words to adequately describe our elation with the photographs from our wedding day. Kim and her team are extraordinary. Capturing more than photographs, they capture the feeling of the moments during your day. That in itself is priceless. We were very... Read More picky when it came to choosing a photographer, and wanted to make sure that the photographs were authentic and didn't feel "posed for". Kim is amazing, talented, professional, punctual, organized, communicates consistently, and is able to anticipate the needs of her clients. She asked prior to our wedding day if there were any family members in particular that we wanted pictures with, and that made the portraits so much easier. It also allowed us to relax and know that when we were talking to people, she was aware of when to take a picture. Another great thing that sealed the deal and made us want to hire her, is that in the contract, she identifies what would happen if she is sick and unable to attend the wedding. Photos are guaranteed. No worrying if someone won't show up after you write a deposit check. There is no other photographer we would recommend, and for any pictures in the future, we will only use Kim.

photography review

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Kim did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos. She was also very responsive and flexible and I received my wedding photos only a few weeks after the wedding!

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

My husband and I had a very small and intimate wedding at a vineyard which included ourselves plus 15 guests. Kim took a variety of shots and was very warm and kind to us, which made us feel comfortable. She interacted graciously with us and our guests and helped to make our... Read More day memorable. Not only did I enjoy the experience of having her take our pictures on our wedding day, but I also love the finished product! The pictures came out great and Kim was awesome!

Made a Great Day Better

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

We interviewed a few photographers and Kim was definitely the right choice. She was fun, easy to work with, and very positive. Her pictures looked great and all of our guests loved her as well. I would recommend her to anyone.

Made a Great Day Better

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Best wedding decision we made!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Kim went above and beyond and provided us with the most beautiful photos from our big day. She shot our engagement photos and our wedding day and was such a pleasure to work with. She kept me calm on the big day, arrived EARLY to our venue, and made taking photos FUN! The... Read More product we received is more amazing than I ever could have imagined and I HIGHLY recommend choosing her as your photographer. We are having a hard time choosing which pictures to frame - what a great problem to have!

Louise & Greg's Wedding 5-17-15

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

Kim was very good in responding to our phone calls and emails. We had a year to plan our wedding so there was no stress. She met with us at the Easton Beach Rotunda a few weeks before the wedding and had such great ideas on where to take pictures in case of rain on our wedding... Read More day. We also had the permission of Chanler Inn to use their grounds for picture taking with our wedding party. Kim had some wonderful ideas inside and outside at the Chanler Inn! She and her assistant were very professional, friendly and the photos came out beautiful! I love the candid shots of our guests. It was like we were reliving our wedding day again and again! We would highly recommend Kim and her team for any wedding or event!

We loved Kim!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Jamie F

We decided to go with Kim for our Valentine's Day wedding not only because we liked her work, but because we liked her so much! Kim was super flexible when we had to move up the time of our wedding because of an impending snowstorm. One of the best things about Kim was her... Read More ability to really bring everyone together (and smiling!) for those big group shots-she even got a couple of smiles from a less than enthused ring bearer. Because she has a great sense of humor, an easy-going attitude and a quick smile, she is a great person to have around you on your big day! On top of all that, Kim's prices are super reasonable and I loved that she offered a wide range of packages. I love the pictures that Kim got from our wedding. Her willingness to be outside with us in a snowstorm yielded the best pictures from the wedding. I would highly recommend Kim! She's the best!

Kim Praast is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014

I've met Kim at Fashion Week one year because she was the photographer of the event. We exchanged numbers and kept in contact and worked on several projects together! I'm a hair and makeup artist and am never disappointed by her prints at the end of the photoshoot! We recently... Read More just did a Fantasy Photoshoot together and she captured the girls in an outstanding way! Every picture looks like it could be on the cover of a magazine! Her eye is outstanding! She never let's me down and I know every time I work with her the pictures will be beautiful! Every bride to be I meet I've referred Kim Praast for their photographer and have had quite a few clients impressed and pleased by her. Her work is impressive and screams Pure Talent! It's hard to find that perfect photographer that could take all types of pictures. Kim Praast is the woman for the job , any job, if it's a photoshoot or wedding! It was a pleasure working with her and looking forwards to more projects in the future!

Great photographer and great memories!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Miranda S

When planning our wedding, my husband and I were getting frustrated with trying to find the right photographer. My hairstylist suggested Kim, and we never looked back! Her website gallery is superb, and when we met in person, everything clicked. Kim is personable, reliable,... Read More professional -yet fun! Her work is impeccable. She gave us clear and explicit directions to get the perfect shots. My wedding party and guests were very complimentary. The wedding photos turned out beautiful!!! Kim did a wonderful job of incorporating our ideas and wishes into our portraits. She managed to make superheroes and wrestling belts look classy for my very particular groom - so if she can do that, she can do anything! The results are gorgeous and unique in every way. We could not be more pleased! I would recommend Kim Praast to anyone in search of a qualified photographer without hesitation.

Photographer & Photos BLEW US AWAY

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 kimberly s

Kim Praast Photography was truly one of the best choices we made when planning the wedding. My fiance and I found Kim online and fell in love with her art immediately. She was the only vendor we went with that we did not know and did not know anyone who knew, so it was a big... Read More decision. We knew though when we met her that she was the perfect person to capture the memories that will last us a lifetime. From the initial meeting to the hours we spent having her take engagement shots to the wedding day, it was obvious that Kim is both an artist and proffessional. It's a tough thing to straddle, but Kim does it with humor and grace. Kim was super fun to work with, she put us at ease and deftly managed our cameral shyness and lack of patience with posing for those torturous family shots. Kim not only took great pictures, but she chose very well and edited like a champ to produce about a zillion photos that flattered everyone in them. She made us look really good! Then she created gorgeous books that were the BEST gifts ever for our parents (who also love Kim by the way). Everything happened in a timely, stress free and friendly way and resulted in photos and memories that will make my family smile for the rest of our lives. DO NOT HESITATE to book Kim Praast Photography, you will be lucky to get her and glad you did!

Kim Praast Photography, THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Darlene W

We hired Kim Praast Photography for our wedding. She was by far the best choice we made. Quality, attention to detail and on budget! Kim had every detail down and worked with us to find a package that covered every thing we wanted and was with in our budget. We felt like we... Read More didn't have to skimp on the one thing I really wanted, AMAZING PHOTOS OF OUR WEDDING! Kim P is an extraordinary photographer, and she delivered. We love our photos, worth every penny and then some!!!!! We highly recommend Kim Praast Photography!

Picture Perfect!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Marissa R

Kim is nothing short of spectacular!! A good wedding photographer basically comes down to what? Being easy to work with and taking great photos—Kim did both with flying colors! From the first time we met with her in Starbucks six months before our wedding, we knew she was... Read More exactly what we were looking for. She executed the day perfectly! The last thing we wanted was spending half our wedding posing for photos instead of actually celebrating the day together. Kim was so great about keeping the photos moving along, while still managing to take all the shots we wanted- ranging from more traditional family portraits, to some great outdoor shots of just the two of us, to really fun, hilarious photos from the dance floor. Strangely, I don't really remember seeing Kim during the reception, but she still managed to take so many photos of our guests, it was like she was everywhere all at once. Most important, the end product was everything and more promised and expected. We have countless beautiful, creative, emotional, real, personality and atmosphere capturing pictures that we will treasure forever. In fact, I'm in the process of making an album for my parents and it's actually hard because there are so many great photographs. I spent so much time planning the wedding, particularity important to me were the small personal details (DIY projects, signs, centerpieces) and she took the most amazing shots of all of it. Looks like they came out of the Knot. And the reaction from my friends and family after seeing the photos was incredible, I'm still hearing compliments about how amazing they turned out. Just of the few of the emails we received after sending the photos "Wow!!!!  Beautiful!!!" (groom's mom); "We love the photos.  They are very artistic. Kim captured the charm of the evening perfectly.  There are so many good ones that it will be tough to select the keepers" (my dad); "Wow!  I'm blown away!  I cannot get over how perfectly your photographer captured everything about your wedding.  The details she photographed are incredible!!!  And you and John couldn't look any more beautiful, happy, glowing, content, natural.... just so special :) I hope you are loving the pictures... I could look at them all night!!  I will again in the morning to see which are my new favorites.  I'll start writing them down so we can compare notes :)" (my best friend); "Love, love, love the pictures!  You look absolutely gorgeous!  And she was really able to capture the essence of the day" (my sister-in-law) We feel so lucky to have found her!

Start a Conversation!