Maxie B's Bakery & Dessert Cafe

Greensboro, NC

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

2403 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, NC (336) 288-9811

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Zoe P

Having Maxi B's do my wedding cake and cupcakes was a dream come true. My husband and I have been faithful clients of theirs for years, so it was a no-brainer when we decided to hire them to do our cake for us. The cupcakes were a spur-of-the-moment decision, when we went in for... Read More our cake tasting and left with too many flavors we loved to choose from. Thus, we decided our guests should have as many options as we wanted! We had a lovely assortment of strawberry pots (our favorite!), Oreo, chocolate, and vanilla, and our guests LOVED them all. Our cake was simple, and looked exactly like our inspiration pictures that we sent to Shannon (who by the way is amazing - she is so sweet and extremely responsive to e-mails). The cake was delicious and we cannot wait to eat our top tier on our 1 year anniversary! Maxi B's is quality from start to finish.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Ashley C

Maxie B's has been my favorite bakery since I was a student at UNCG. I have purchased birthday cakes and stopped in for a slice many times. I was so excited to use Maxie B's for our wedding cake and of course it was amazing! We did a smaller tiered lemonade cake and side... Read More cakes of fresh strawberry and carrot. All of our guests loved the cakes and we had multiple people asking us where they were from and said they would drive to Greensboro just to have Maxie B's! Shannon was very responsive and easy to work with, we didn't have to worry about anything!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Kate T

Shannon and her wonderful team are very professional and quickly answered any questions I had. They created the most beautiful (and tasty!) "naked" cake for our wedding. Thanks again Maxie B's! :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Cassie M

HANDS DOWN - the best cake I've ever had. We loved every Maxie B flavor offered so much that we couldn't choose and had to have 5 different flavors for our wedding cake tiers. We love everything about Maxie B's from the service and staff - to the end product. Our cake was just... Read More as beautiful as it was delicious. We have literally gone to Maxie B's for every occasion since (and leading up to our wedding) because we can't get enough. Almost every guest came to us and complimented the cake during the wedding and afterwards because......it was that good. From our first tasting to our wedding day, we were not disappointed! Can't wait to celebrate our 1 year anniversary for another excuse to go back for more!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

Maxi Bs cant get enough stars from us! From start to finish was an excellent happy experience. They were very easy to work with and the flavor is so delicious. We havent tried one flavor we didnt like. I am definetly not a red velvet person but after having theres i was like wow... Read More this is really really good. However our favorite was the lemon almond & the raspberry jam. We had high expectations with our wedding cake as that was the main focus for me (bride) on our wedding.. i was blown away! My guests were taking photos with it and of it!!! My expectations were definetly crushed with their amazing work. I recommend this bakery 1000%. You cant go wrong in anyway! Worth every penny. We felt we were under charged! Thank you Maxi Bs so much, it was so beautiful I wish I could share the photo! Thank you for working with us being 3.5 hrs away... we cant say enough! So glad we found you :)

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Michelle I

Our experience with Maxie Bs was incredible! They were so accommodating, helpful and took great care to ensure that everything would be achieved as discussed. Planning a wedding in NC from CA was difficult but Maxie Bs really went the extra mile...from accommodating my tasting... Read More a few weeks out (during valentines weekend), helping to ensure cake portions and size were right from a guest attendance change all the way to placing the flowers perfectly on the cake. They were 5 stars all the way! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Lauren R

We used Maxie B's for our wedding cakes! We had 7 different round 9" cakes with a 2 tiered cake for us to cut. The cakes were, hands down, the best we ever had! Maxie B's was incredible and so easy to work with throughout the entire process. And we heard nothing but amazing... Read More reviews from all of the wedding guests!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lindsay K

One of the best decisions from our wedding was choosing Maxie B's as out cake vendor! From the romantic cake tasting, to the professional and caring relationship with the designer, and of course the gorgeous cake the provided, we could not have been happier. Every single detail... Read More was handled by the bakery, and they did a magnificent job. This was one area that was completely stress free. They made everything so easy with quick communication and working with us and our desires from day 1. I recommend this place to everyone!!! Beautiful design, one of a kind cake, and don't even get me started on how delicious their cakes are!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Jenny D

Everything from our consultation to the end result went perfectly. Shannon was awesome and we got a lot of compliments on our cake and cupcakes! I can’t wait for our first anniversary so I can go back and get another taste. Delicious and gorgeous!

Beautiful & Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lauren W

My family have always ordered cakes from Maxie B's for all family occasions. We always knew we would get a wedding cake from here when the time came. You do have to book early with them because they can get booked quickly during popular wedding months! We ordered a small 3... Read More tiered cake and then cupcakes in various flavors! Everything was delicious and the cake was beautiful. The vision we created with Shannon was executed perfectly! The cake tasting experience with Maxie B's was our favorite aspect of wedding planning! We can't wait for our one year anniversary cake, which Maxie B's includes as part of your cake package. Highly recommended!

MOUTH WATERING

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Furat S

The best cakes out there. My favorite part of the wedding and easily the most easy and generous vendors to work with!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Aphton K

I had a specific vision for my wedding cake, and Maxie B's designed a cake EXACTLY how I had described. They really take the time to ask questions to understand exactly what you want. There were 350 guests at our wedding, and every guest I talked to said it was the best wedding... Read More cake they ever had. I will get every single cake from Maxie B's because I really had an excellent experience.

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Jennifer H

We used Maxie B's for our wedding cupcakes and small personal cake to cut! They are very professional to work with not to mention their cakes are amazing!! We order a red velvet personal cake which is our favorite flavor. We chose 6 different cupcake flavors because we couldn't... Read More narrow the flavors down because they are all so good! You need to try the Carmel Pecan cake....to die for!

Great Cupcakes had by All!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

I was referred to Maxie B's by my maid of honor and we could not have had a better experience. They were thorough and clear about all options and plans. They have choices for every budget and the tasting was amazing! We did cupcakes and cookies for 175 people at a VERY... Read More reasonable cost. Highly recommended for anyone needing desserts for an event!

12/13/14 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/20/2014

When we were looking for a bakery to do our cake we had no idea where to turn. My then fiance found Maxie B's on the internet. He went there and got a couple different slices of cake and cupcakes to try at home. We were both hooked!!! They were way better than anything... Read More we had ever had. We were having a small ceremony and didn't want to spend a fortune but still wanted elegant and nice. So we booked a consultation and boy were we surprised. They give you 6 whole slices of cake to try and then bring home if you can't finish it. They were all delicious but we had narrowed it down. We decided to go with a two tier cake and 24 cupcakes done four different ways. We rented the stands from Maxie B's. They even gave us a few days after to return the stands which was so helpful. We still had family in town and it was a 45 minute drive. Everything was perfect and the guests including my 10 year old niece said it was the best cake she has ever had. We had a tiny bit left over so I'm good for a little bit. But I will definitely be going there as a my bakery! Thank you so much Maxie B's!!!

Amazing Wedding Cake and Cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Kelly M

We worked with Shannon at Maxie B's for our wedding this fall. We had heard good things and they went above our expectations. The cake is utterly delicious and Shannon was so patient and accommodating during our tasting. We tasted about 15 cake flavors and were able to go... Read More home with all samples that were leftover. We ended up doing 150 cupcakes along with a 6 inch cutting cake for us and only cost us $550. This include cake stands for our cupcakes, delivery and tax. Wide variety of flavors too. The carrot cake and Guinness Stout Cupcakes are our favorites. Shannon was also wonderful to coordinate with us the week leading up and had all information in plenty of time. Highly recommend and you will not be disappointed. We stop by every time we are near Greensboro to grab a cupcake now.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

I love Maxie B's, so when I got engaged I knew I wanted them to make my wedding cake. I definitely don't regret using them. My cake looked perfect, and tasted even better! All of my guests were thrilled with it! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone in the Greensboro... Read More area.

Best Wedding Cake Ever

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Sarah B

Maxie B's goes beyond the average cake and deliveries the best tasting and looking wedding cakes ever. We ordered 5 average everyday cakes from them for our farm house cake table. Hummingbird, pineapple coconut, German chocolate, chocolate with cream cheese icing, and strawberry... Read More butter cream. We ordered them plain icing, as if we just walked in and asked for a cake. They were beautiful on our table and tasted so good. Our guest loved the variety and took slices home since we ordered more than needed. My husband and I ate cake for a week after our wedding! Maxie B's goes beyond cakes and the love and quality shine bright with them. I highly recommend Maxie B's for any budget and type of cake needed

Delicious Cakes

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Amanda T

I worked with Shannon at Maxie B's. She was great to work with and was quick to respond to my emails. Maxie B's has the most incredible cakes. They are moist and rich in flavor. Shannon has great ideas for how to make your wedding cake look beautiful and still stay within your... Read More budget. I was so pleased with how my cake turned out. My guests loved it and we had very little cake left at the end of the night.

Amazing Vendor!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Tammy G

I had never been to Maxie B's until I started wedding planning. Maxie B's is a preferred vendor for my venue so that's what introduced me to this lovey establishment. Working with Shannon was amazing. I was an out of state bride so Shannon worked mostly with my sister in the... Read More beginning. She took my pinterest board and really came up with her own design and look and feel for our wedding cake and cupcakes. I came in at the end to confirm everything and I loved absolutely everything. The cakes at Maxie B's are amazing. I found my favorite southern flavors upon my first visit and I incorporated them into our southern rustic wedding theme! If you're looking for great-tasting, beautifully designed cakes... you'll get it at Maxie B's!

Classic Customized Wedding Cake & Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Shelby W

Maxie B's did a 4 tier white cake for our wedding with pug dog cake toppers that we found to personalize it. They had several photos for us to look through to get ideas from for the patterned tiers. It came together perfectly, not to mention the cake tastes amazing! We did 3... Read More flavors, apple, strawberry and a lemon pound cake. It was perfect for our summer wedding. I also got a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. They took my idea of Maryland blue crabs and brought them to life. It couldn't have been any cuter! The Oreo flavored cake was excellent, too!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Jenny

Maxie B's delivers the best of both worlds!! My cake was both beautiful and delicious. Shannon was incredibly helpful. We enjoyed going into the bakery (which is decorated beautifully) and trying out the cake. Shannon helped us create the cake that could capture the essence... Read More of the wedding and stay within our budget. Two of our recently engaged friends decided to use Maxie B's for their wedding cake after having it at ours (which makes me happy because I'll get to have more of their delicious cake in the near future!)

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Lenee S

Maxie B's and Shannon were wonderful to work with. The cake was beautiful and we received many compliments on how great it tasted!

Honest review!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Alyson G

I had previously used Maxie B's for 3 different family birthday cakes so I was already impressed with their work. However, when I met with Shannon for the first time, I knew I was in for a treat (no pun intended!). I already had design ideas in mind, but she added details that... Read More made my design truly amazing! Not only was the cake absolutely delicious and was complimented by many, many guests, but the customer service at Maxie B's was also fantastic. A week before my wedding I was contacted saying the bride from the previous weekend had broken the cake stand I was going to use. I had a mini freak-out, but was rest assured that I would receive my cake stand fee as a refund. They also gave me another stand on my day that was perfect for our wedding details. I will definitely continue using Maxie B's for all my special events!

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Morgan S

Maxie B's went above and beyond my expectations! Both the wedding cake and the grooms cake were spectacular!!! They took the images I gave them and not only made them a reality, but made them even prettier!!! They tasted just as amazing as they looked : ) Everyone was raving... Read More that it was the best cake they had ever had!! Thank you guys soooo much!!!