Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD, DC (215) 630-4387

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Alison B

Where do I even begin?! Melissa over exceeded my wedding photographer expectations. From the moment I met Melissa, she was professional yet super personal and she made my husband and I feel comfortable. The weather was miserable with a little rain during our engagement... Read More photo-shoot and we weren't sure how the pictures would come out. But with Melissa's exceptional skills, she killed it! You would of never known it was raining. She managed to uniquely capture each picture. Her execution and enthusiasm during our engagement shoots made us excited to work with her again on our wedding day. Our wedding pictures turned out phenomenal. She captured so many special moments. Everyone from our wedding party commented on how easy it was to listen to her directions and just appreciate each photo she wanted to capture. I've got nothing but compliments after compliments on my pictures. I highly suggest going with Melissa Kelly Photography. You will not be disappointed. She will get down on the dirty gravel (literally) to capture that perfect shot. She is amazing and will nail it! I feel beyond lucky to have found and picked her to capture one of the most important days of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Brooke W

You simply can't get a better photographer than Melissa. Throughout the entire process, she is incredibly easy and comfortable to work with. She always responded so quickly to any email or call, and we received our photos very quickly too. The photographs are stunning- with just... Read More the right amount of pose to make everything look natural. We had so much fun working with Melissa, and will enjoy all the moments she captured for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Maureen D

Melissa Kelly was the best decision we made while planning our wedding! She was incredibly organized, professional and accommodating-not to mention our wedding photos are AMAZING. Her work truly speaks for itself and so many people are still commenting on our wedding photos... Read More almost 4 months later. There are only a handful of things from your wedding day you can physically walk away with, and I am so, so happy I trusted Melissa Kelly with our photos. Melissa captured so many magical moments from our day. We are forever grateful to her and her team! I cannot recommend Melissa Kelly Photography enough.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Kelly H

My husband and I can't recommend Melissa enough! She was personal, professional, organized and just easy to work with from start to finish. The best part of working with her is the care that she puts into her clients and her work and the small, personal touches. It rained the... Read More day of our wedding, but Melissa noticed a break in the rain and found a beautiful lake nearby where we took the most stunning, unexpected photos. Or the photo thank you notes that she surprised us with a few short weeks after the wedding. And the turnaround time for our photos was super quick! Melissa is truly an amazing photographer...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Emily L

Melissa Kelly Photography is THE BEST. Melissa and her co-photographer Kerry are absolutely amazing and such a pleasure to work with. I met Melissa when she photographed my best friends wedding 2 years ago, and I was so amazed at how professional she was and how comfortable... Read More she made everyone feel, I couldn't believe how easy it was. My wedding day was just the same. We shot our engagement photos one month before our wedding due to our busy summer schedule and it was the first time we had really met Melissa. She made me and my husband feel so comfortable. I was pretty vague and didn't really have an idea of what photos I wanted, just knew a few locations that would be cool. Melissa totally ran with it, took control, and it was like she had known the spots we were shooting all along! The wedding day was just the same. Before the ceremony, Kerry shot with the guys, Melissa the girls...again barely gave them any specific direction as to what we wanted, maybe a few photo requests, but they totally went above and beyond and took shots I didn't even know I wanted until I saw them! They handle family and bridal parties so well. Best of all, Melissa is SO efficient in getting the photos back to you. I didn't have any expectations as to when we would get the photos and figured when I get them, I get them...well with Melissa you can expect a high turn around with a personal touch. I cannot rave about Melissa Kelly Photography enough, she wasn't only our photographer, she is now our friend. Such a pleasure to work with and such a great person to know, I am so lucky to have met and worked with her.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Nikita D

Photography, to me, was one of the most important parts of my wedding day. I wanted to make sure I would have amazing pictures to remember the day and I did not take picking a photographer lightly. I cannot express enough how pleased I was with Melissa! From the first initial... Read More meeting, to the engagement shoot, and then to keeping in contact until the big day, she was absolutely amazing to work with. I cannot recommend her enough to people that are looking for a professional AND fun photographer!! Love her work AND love her!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Bridget M

Melissa was great to work with. She became less of someone we hired, to more of a friend. Of all the pictures she took for our day, multiple family members and friends have said how great work she did and that she is not just a photographer, but a true artist.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Kristen M

Book her, you will not be disappointed!! Melissa was an absolute dream to work with. She was hands down our favorite wedding vendor and we couldn't have imagined trusting anyone else to shoot our wedding. She responds extremely fast via email, efficient while taking pictures... Read More and a pleasure to spend your wedding day with!. Our fall engagement session came out beautiful- she has a true talent at finding light. Our wedding day pictures are breathtaking. We have SO many pictures we are in love with, its hard to pick our favorite. Melissa made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. She is willing to do anything for the perfect shot- she even stood in the Delaware River to get pictures for us! Make wedding planning easy and book Melissa!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Kim F

Melissa was an incredible wedding photographer- she arrived early and stayed late. She made us so comfortable for the photos and had them back to us within a couple of days! I could not recommend her more!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

If you've stumbled upon Melissa Kelly Photography on this site then look no further, she's the one you want! We spent a weekend meeting with photographers early on in the grueling vendor selection process, and Melissa was the last one we met with- which was a shame because we... Read More would have saved ourselves a few days if we met her first! We were immediately drawn to her easy going and humble personality, and loved how easy she was to talk to. Melissa took the time to get to know us and we used her for our engagement shoot, rehearsal dinner, and entire wedding day. While many vendors out there are clock watchers, and charge you extra for more hours, Melissa was never about that. She was just as interested in capturing as much of our day and weekend as we were- and she did it with the same laid back demeanor that she always has which made us feel so comfortable. Her work is pretty amazing too, which is an added bonus! Her responsiveness and communication is also unmatched. We could go on and on, but just do yourselves a favor and book Melissa for your wedding photography, that's all you need to know! Dan & Ali

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Gina C

Melissa is AMAZING! If you are looking for some freaking awesome pictures and if you don't want to worry about anything on your big day with photos she is your go to. From the second I hung up the phone I knew she was the one we were going to go with. She is fun and easy to... Read More work with and so creative!!! I haven't gotten my pictures back yet but saw a few sneak peaks and I know these will be amazing. I cant say enough good things besides THANK YOU and I am SO happy we went with her on our big day <3!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Kaitlyn D

I cannot say enough how amazing Melissa Kelly is! From the first time I emailed her, she promptly responded and set up a call for the same day. By the end of our conversation we had booked her for our wedding day. She is extremely friendly, professional, and immediately puts you... Read More at ease (which was great for someone who is camera shy like me). When we met in person a few weeks before the wedding, she took us through each detail of the day and helped us schedule our time to make sure we could get all of our “must-have” shots. When the wedding day came around, she was efficient, organized, and kept us right on schedule so we could focus on having fun with our bridal party. In addition to being such a wonderful person, her photography is absolutely amazing and worth every penny. She managed to pick perfect spots and shoot amazing pictures even in rainy weather. She even lied down in a puddle to get the perfect angle and pose – anything to make sure she gets the best shot! She was able to keep us all at ease, reign in a large and boisterous bridal party to get all of our shots, and do it all in a way that was fun and effortless. She had our photos back to us within a week and we loved looking through them over and over again. It was definitely the most important and best investment we made in our wedding day. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about what an amazing person and talented photographer she is. We loved working with Melissa and would highly recommend her!

Picture Perfect..and then some

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Valerie M

To say that Melissa Kelly is a great photographer would be the understatement of the year. She's way more than that. Her creativity, patience, direction, speed, and ninja-like skills are unparalleled. We noticed her wedding picture of the week on phillymag.com and we knew... Read More we had to meet. After sending an email that received a response in record time, we had scheduled our meet-up. From that first interaction with her, we were hooked on some MK. We didn't bother interviewing anyone else. We felt that great about our choice. We booked our engagement photo session with her as well and we knew that we had "our" photographer. She listened to all of our crazy ideas and lent her creativity in ways we couldn't have come up with. We feel in love with our pictures, and the best part, we saw them in days. Not weeks, but in hours. Amazing. As for the wedding, the biggest compliment we can give her was that we didn't even know she was there. Seriously...that's where the ninja skills come in handy. Sounds weird, but she was never up in our faces. Never too prescriptive. Never closed off from our ideas. The gal is a trooper and totally dedicated to you and her commitment to delivering the best work possible. And those pictures...swoon-worthy! She'll do anything for the shot and she's always painting you in the best light. The amount of compliments we've received are well worth any price that was paid. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention turn-around time once again. We had our pictures in just about a week or so. Seriously...that fast. By the way...Print those pictures! If you are looking for a photographer that delivers 100%, do yourself a favor and cancel your other appointments and get one on the calendar with Melissa. Feel that personal click that we felt, and then with every click of her camera, you're going to be in love with every image she captures.

BEYOND AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 abigayle l

Melissa Kelly is simply the best wedding photographer out there. While her pictures speak for themselves, it is really her laid back demeanor, sense of humor and all around ability to make her clients feel comfortable that sets her apart. She put up with my Pinterest inspired... Read More request for twirling pics, as well as some crazy family members, all with a smile on her face. She captures your day so completely and thoughtfully, and after working with her you are left feeling like... damn I want to be this girl's friend! BOOK HER NOW!

Amazing to work with

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Kimberly K

Melissa was AMAZING to work with. From the moment we met with her I knew she was who I wanted to work with. She made everything so easy and was wonderful to work with. She responds to any email I sent quickly and made sure I had nothing to worry about on the day of my wedding.... Read More From our engagement photos to our wedding day she made every step of the way fun and easy. She captured photos that I didn't even realize she was taking on the day of our wedding and was super speedy at getting our photos back to us! Her photos truly speak for themselves! I can't wait to work with her again!

Click here for the best wedding photos.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Heather G

From the moment that my husband and I met Melissa, we loved her. She translated our vision for our wedding perfectly. She has an incredible eye for those perfect moments that we cherish the most. She is professional, and communicates very well.

Couldn't have been happier

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

From our first interaction until the beautiful package delivering our final photographs, Melissa was as easy to work with as I could have imagined. She is quick to reply to any questions, efficient and fun to work with on the day of the event and is speedy in turning around the... Read More photographs afterwards. And most importantly, she is an EXCELLENT photographer. The composition, use of light, depth of field, color, it was all top notch.

Photography

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Maura G

MKP is the best investment we made for our wedding! Our engagement and wedding photos will line our walls for a lifetime. Melissa is professional, honest, and does amazing, quality work. If you have ever had your photo taken professionally before, you know that expertise is not... Read More the only important aspect, but feeling comfortable as well. Melissa made us feel like family, and we felt very relaxed with her, which made our pictures come alive even more! If you do one thing for your wedding, book MKP, I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Best Philly Photog

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Jackie G

We hired Melissa Kelly to photograph our wedding and she was by far our favorite vendor to work with. Her laid back style was a great fit for us, and she was also super reliable and responsive whenever we had any questions or requests. Our pictures came about great and we can't... Read More stop looking at them. Melissa made us feel really comfortable and relaxed while still capturing our excitement of the day! Highly highly recommend!

the happiest bride.

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 colleen l

melissa was the best thing that ever happened to us! we wanted a very caught in the moment type feel for the pictures on our special day. she took charge and got all the portraits with bride & groom, bridal party, and family over and done with time to spare! she was very... Read More flexible with lots of people floating around. she was open to suggestions but definitely had the professional background to know exactly how she wanted us to pose. the pictures are just gorgeous and as my mother-in-law quoted "i've never seen anything like this before," just proves that she is that good. it was such fun corresponding back and forth with her during the engagement months. melissa showed up was such a positive energy to be around. she made our day so special and we will always have the pictures to take us back to the dream day. thank you so much for working with us! we feel so lucky to have had you there.

THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 darla d

I am so happy Melissa was my wedding photographer!! She captured EVERYTHING!!! Not only does she take great pictures but she's so easy to talk to & makes your special day more fun!! She will go above & beyond to capture that perfect picture!! I 110% recommend her to everyone!!... Read More She's fantastic!!!!!

The BEST wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Trish S

Having Melissa shoot our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! I was looking for a very specific style for our pictures, as soon as I saw Melissa's work I fell in love. We had been looking for months for the perfect photographer, we met with several people, I didn't... Read More just want perfect pictures, I wanted the perfect photographer...as soon as my husband & I met Melissa, we both knew she was the one. I consider her style as "capture the moment", she caught reactions that will bring back special memories of the entire day for years to come. Melissa got incredible pictures of the smallest details, her creativity is amazing. Of course we got the standard family photos, but Melissa even had a way of making those fun. It was very important to me that the photographer blended in, I didn't want someone getting in the way of special moments between us and our family/friends. I guess "blending in" is kind of an odd expectation for someone carrying around a camera, but I honestly forgot Melissa was there, my husband & our parents agreed. A few weeks before the wedding Melissa came to our house to check out where I'd be getting ready and get a feel for the lighting, she also drove around the neighborhood to find unique locations for bride/groom pictures. During that visit Melissa helped plan a wedding day schedule and we put together a list of must have photos. Everything I wanted, Melissa said she could do, and she did it, not a single request I made was missed! And she managed to keep my very large wedding party (16 people) on schedule the entire day, with a smile on her face, all while making sure everyone had fun. As if our entire wedding day experience with Melissa wasn't enough to remind us that we made the best decision, she had our proofs on a website to share within 5 days!! Oh yea, and we had the disk with full access to print within 10 days!!! We got married in June and I'm not kidding, I glance at the photos every single day and am reminded of a different memory through a different picture. How lucky are we that we can flip through pictures for the rest of our lives that bring back memories from one of the best days we'll ever have??!! We cannot say enough positive things about Melissa, we would recommend her to anyone, we consider ourselves lucky that Melissa was part of our wedding day!

She made our day

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Delilah H

I researched a handful of photographers before I found Melissa based on a recommendation of a friend who had used her at her wedding. I had been at that wedding and LOVED the pictures so I was already pretty sold on Melissa. But the icing on the cake is that Melissa was so much... Read More more affordable than any other photographer I had talked to. My husband and I met her to discuss possibly working together, and after about two minutes I knew I had to work with her. Not only were her pictures gorgeous, but she was so relaxed and super friendly. We got our engagement photos (part of her package) done by her as well as our wedding. She was phenomenal. Her style is more journalistic, which was nice because we could be ourselves. But she also had some great suggestions for some structured pictures that came out beautifully as well. On our wedding day, Melissa was a lifesaver. She kept everything organized and on time and she made it fun. She was with me and my bridal party and her two wonderful assistants were with my husband and his groomsmen while we were getting ready. Melissa was really unobtrusive, but had a take charge attitude that I really appreciated. We had met beforehand and created a timeline of the day and a list of must have pics. When it was time for wedding party and family photos, we just went down the line of her list. If it sounds like I am gushing, I am. Melissa and her assistants were just so amazing! I got more compliments on her pictures than I could keep track of. I'm so happy that we chose her as our wedding photographer! She's the best!

The most AMAZING photographer

Reviewed on 2/17/2013 Amie E

Melissa is by far the most amazing photographer! She was so accommodating to all of our photo requests when it came time to family photos. I am in love with every single picture Melissa took. Her extensive background in photography and her eye for beauty made each picture more... Read More perfect than the last.