Montilio's Bakery

Boston, Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod/Islands, Northern RI

Montilio's Bakery

At Montilio’s Baking Company high quality ingredients and impeccable workmanship go into every wedding cake we create. During your consultation, a trained wedding specialist will help you design the perfect gourmet cake for your special day. The possibilities are endless when you choose Montilio's Bakery, from intricate scroll work and custom matched colors to hand made pastillage flowers. You will also sample an assortment of different cake flavors, fillings and frostings that are guaranteed to please any palette.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

134 Spark Street, Brockton, MA Boston, Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod/Islands, Northern RI (508) 894-8855

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristen P

Two words: Cannoli cake. My husband and I are not huge cake people, or dessert people in general. But we knew we wanted a wedding cake to participate in the traditional cake cutting. The folks are Montilio's Bakery were kind and professional when we first contacted them and... Read More worked with our schedule (we live out of state) to arrange for a tasting. When we went in for a tasting, it was amazing. We were brought various cake samples to chose from, and wondered how we would ever decide because EVERYTHING was scrumptious. When we finally had it narrowed down to two flavors, we were assured that we could, in fact, have two flavors in our wedding cake. My choice: cannoli cake. My husband’s choice: carrot cake. I had seen, like many other brides, cake inspiration on Pinterest that I was hoping to make a reality. After showing our consultant what I had in mind – she showed me an example of a cake she could design for us. She then custom designed it to incorporate all of the details I was hoping for, and more. The bottom layer of the cake had a textured, ruffled look to match the bottom of my wedding dress. The top layers had a wave-like look to resemble the ocean that you could see from our wedding venue. When I saw the cake in person – it was more than I could have imagined. Having it sitting on our dance floor was like a beautiful decoration. And the cake itself?! Delicious!! I wish I could eat it every day! Thank you so much to the Montilio's team for creating something so beautiful and edible!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Christine K

Our wedding cake came out perfectly! It was exactly how we imagined. We were most surprised at how GREAT it tasted; so moist. We got tradition chocolate with chocolate mouse and vanilla buttercream. A lot of the guests commented on the quality. My husband and I ate extra... Read More pieces when we got back to the room and in the morning for breakfast!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Rachel F

Most delicious & beautiful wedding cake ever! Thank you Nikki and everyone at Montilio's!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Ashley T

We had an almond olive oil cake for our wedding cake and it was the most delicious cake ever! It was beautifully decorated and such a unique flavor. It was more than I ever could've hoped for!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Cathelyne G

What a treat this was!! Our wedding cake came out amazing and everybody raved about it and how good it tasted. I can't wait to defrost our top tier on our one year anniversary. They delivered beyond my expectations! The decorations were absolutely spot on and while our... Read More decorations were simple and classic, it was still elegant and absolutely breath taking.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Jacqueline B

My husband and I were married in July and Montilio's was recommended by the venue we used as part of the package. We were not disappointed-- we went to meet with Montilio's for the cake tasting and tried over a dozen kinds of cake (yikes!) before deciding on the two flavors we... Read More wanted for our several tiers. In addition to wanting delicious cake, we had requested a "naked cake" which uses some frosting, but is see through at some points. It was at an additional cost but came out absolutely gorgeous. We had given Montilio's a photo of what we hoped our cake would look like, and they worked with our florists Lopez the Florist in Dorchester to make almost the exact cake (honestly, in my opinion better). We were under the impression that most people at weddings are too busy or distracted to pay much attention to the cake, but we got several comments in the days and weeks following our wedding about how delicious the cake was (we chose the Italian Olive Oil) . I highly recommend Montilio's for any of your cake needs-- not to mention that the savory treats looked equally as good while we were there!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kayleigh G

Both our main cake and our gluten free grooms cake were a huge hit at our wedding! The designs were perfect and the cakes were both gorgeous and delicious! I am so glad that we chose Montilio’s for our special day!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Becca B

Montilio’s was fabulous to work with. We went in not really knowing how the appointment would go, and it was so fun! Definitely one of our more enjoyable vendor meetings. The person we worked with made us feel so welcome and ran through how the cake ordering process worked and... Read More asked if we had any taste or style preferences. They let us taste about 8 cakes or so, and we chose two different flavors (espresso and chocolate) that they alternated between layers and both were to die for and not too sugary. We showed her a picture of a Pinterest cake and they absolutely nailed it. Our cake was 100% one of the most beautiful parts of our wedding day. We received a lot of compliments about how pretty it was! They were really reliable and professional.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jenn R

The most delicious cake Ive ever had.. and our guests thought so too! We had a four tier cake with each tier being different. We had strawberry grand marnier, cannoli, and raspberry. The cake texture was perfect, the frosting was not overly sweet, and the fillings were... Read More absolutely delicious! I had showed them a picture of a cake I liked and they replicated it exactly! It was beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Heather R

George and his team are simply amazing! We loved our cake and so did our guests! I was nervous about how the metallic gold frosting for the scrolls was going to look but they did a fantastic job!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Erica M

Our wedding cake from Montilio's was delicious and so beautiful. They did a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Andrea O

Montilios came with our wedding package as a choice and we liked working with them and we our from Milton as well. Picking them was a no brained for us. Unfortunately, when our cake got delivered it was a mess. My aunt had to put it back together before the reception. She made... Read More it look very nice and the taste was still great. We got the vanilla cake with raspberry filling. A few days later, montilios called us directly to offer a 50 percent refund and a cake topper for our 1 year anniversary. We are very thankful for their great customer service.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Meghan D

Thanks for a beautiful wedding cake! My husband and I wanted a simple and clean cake design, and Montilio's did not disappoint. The suggested texturing to the otherwise all white cake we requested added a beautiful touch. We had a vanilla cake with strawberry and cream filling,... Read More as well as a semi-sweet frosting. Delicious- plus the added bonus of having a small gluten free cake for myself and a few guests with Celiac disease... all of whom were able to eat the cake without any adverse reaction!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Caitlyn H

There are no words to say how happy we were with our wedding cake! My vision was literally plucked from my brain and brought to life. The quality and taste of the cake goes without saying that Montilios is by far the best bakery to go to when you need a special event cake. Im... Read More savoring every piece of cake we came home with because I don't want it to be gone EVER! Everyone was easy to work with, and nothing about the cake design or ordering process was hard. I will use them for years to come!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angela P

We loved our cake from Montilio's! We literally searched the Boston Metro area with 6+ tastings before agreeing on a 4-tier cake (with 3 different flavors) and traditional buttercream frosting. The cake designer was so friendly and helpful when deciding on a design. The only... Read More down side was that I preferred fresh flowers to be added as my "topper" and both Montilio's and my florist were uncomfortable taking on the responsibility. Luckily, my dad is in the business so once the cake and flowers were delivered, he was able to do the finishing touches. Everything worked out well and we would order our cake from Montilio's all over again! Can't wait for our anniversary to see how the top tier tastes :)

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kati W

At our July 2017 wedding at the Red Lion Inn, we had the privilege of having a naked cake from Montillo's Bakery. We had a lovely tasting and decided on the cannoli cake, and it was THE BEST. Guests are still raving about how amazing it was, and I need to make a trip to... Read More Brockton to have some more. I recommend getting the JFK cake as your top tier to enjoy at your one year anniversary. Be sure to go to the tasting and choose the cake you like, but one your guests will LOVE. Furthermore, our cake was on time and just what we asked for.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jessica B

My husband and I used Montillio's through our venue for our cake and absolutely loved them! They were very flexible and adaptable to what we wanted to do. Our final cake was beautiful and delicious (red velvet with ribbon and adirondack chairs on top.) The process of working... Read More with them was so easy and fun and we had nothing to worry about. We were very confident with them. Great experience!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amanda C

Unfortunately I wish I could give them a better rating, but I can't. They came as package deal with our venue so we just went with them. We had our tasting and sat down with someone and went over what we wanted. Our colors were seafoam green, blush pink, and gold. We wanted our... Read More cake to match our seafoam, they told us that was no problem and asked for a swatch of our bridesmaid dresses. No problem, we gave them the swatch thinking it would be all set. The day of our wedding I saw our cake and it was not at all seafoam green or even close to seafoam green, it was a St. Patrick's Day green, a dark green. I was not happy. Why ask for a swatch if you aren't going to attempted to match the color at all?!?! However, I will say the actual cake itself tasted good. All in all that is the only thing that went wrong on our day, the color of a cake, so I really can't complain. I do, however, cringe when I see our wedding pictures and see a dark, st. Patricks' day cake next to our light colored seafoam napkins.... I wish we had just gone with white instead of trying to match, but they told us that was not a problem if we gave them a swatch. Sorry Montilio's but I wouldn't recommend you to others. Your cake taste was good, but when it comes to a very important day, I wouldn't trust your decorating ability.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Alyssa S

We loved our wedding cake from Montilio’s! We opted for three layers of the lemon-orange marble and one layer of the presidential white with raspberry buttercream...so delicious and perfect for our summer wedding! The staff at Montilio’s was willing to accommodate our opposite... Read More schedules to book a cake testing at a location convenient to us, and they turned out a stunning cake. Thank you to the staff for such a sweet addition to our perfect night!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Lauren L

Montilio's did a fabulous job on our cake!!! Not only did it look exactly how we had envisioned, but it tasted AMAZING! They let us to a combination of layers - strawberry shortcake, chocolate and carrot cake, and it was so hard to decide which was the best (although ultimately... Read More I'll have to go with the carrot cake). When doing a few wedding cake tastings I honestly thought all of the cakes would taste somewhat similar, but Montilio's stood out against the competition by a long shot. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Nicole T

Montilio's did such a beautiful job with the decoration of our little wedding cake and mini cupcakes! Everything tasted delicious that night and even 5 days later we were still snacking on them! The cake and cupcakes were so moist and flavorful and all of our guests raved about... Read More them! Thank you Elisa and Elissa for all your help!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Michelle L

Montilios made our cake perfectly. We wanted a simple design and showed them one photo. They were able to execute the perfect design for what we ordered. And can we talk about the flavors?! We liked having a variety for our guests and each layer was delicious (especially the oil... Read More cake). We had so many people tell us how delicious it was. We would recommend Montilios to anyone planning an important party or wedding as they are professional and take care of all the planning.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Stellina S

The ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! We hired Montillio's for our wedding cake and wedding "cake bar" for our event on 7/8/17. People were RAVING about our wedding cake all night long. George and Elissa are a delight to work with. They are sooooo accommodating and they truly made my wedding a... Read More success!! The cake George made was more of a MASTERPIECE! I am talking 10 tiers of absolute beautifulness!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Carly W

THE BEST cake I've had in my entire life. We happily chose Montillios Bakery for our wedding on 5-27-17 and it was one of the best choices we made. We had a cupcake tower of 5 different mouth watering flavors. Our guests raved over the cake. People kept going back for seconds!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Jessica H

We used Montillios for our wedding and could not be happier. Was a 4 tier cake and all the guests loved each flavor. We can't wait for our one year to dig into the top tier! Not only was the wedding cake awesome we also did a surprise birthday cake during the reception and that... Read More was amazing as well. Everything from the service to the taste of the cake was impeccable!