Montilio's Bakery

Boston, Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod/Islands, Northern RI

Montilio's Bakery

At Montilio’s Baking Company high quality ingredients and impeccable workmanship go into every wedding cake we create. During your consultation, a trained wedding specialist will help you design the perfect gourmet cake for your special day. The possibilities are endless when you choose Montilio's Bakery, from intricate scroll work and custom matched colors to hand made pastillage flowers. You will also sample an assortment of different cake flavors, fillings and frostings that are guaranteed to please any palette.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

134 Spark Street, Brockton, MA Boston, Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod/Islands, Northern RI (508) 894-8855

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristen P

Two words: Cannoli cake. My husband and I are not huge cake people, or dessert people in general. But we knew we wanted a wedding cake to participate in the traditional cake cutting. The folks are Montilio's Bakery were kind and professional when we first contacted them and... Read More worked with our schedule (we live out of state) to arrange for a tasting. When we went in for a tasting, it was amazing. We were brought various cake samples to chose from, and wondered how we would ever decide because EVERYTHING was scrumptious. When we finally had it narrowed down to two flavors, we were assured that we could, in fact, have two flavors in our wedding cake. My choice: cannoli cake. My husband’s choice: carrot cake. I had seen, like many other brides, cake inspiration on Pinterest that I was hoping to make a reality. After showing our consultant what I had in mind – she showed me an example of a cake she could design for us. She then custom designed it to incorporate all of the details I was hoping for, and more. The bottom layer of the cake had a textured, ruffled look to match the bottom of my wedding dress. The top layers had a wave-like look to resemble the ocean that you could see from our wedding venue. When I saw the cake in person – it was more than I could have imagined. Having it sitting on our dance floor was like a beautiful decoration. And the cake itself?! Delicious!! I wish I could eat it every day! Thank you so much to the Montilio's team for creating something so beautiful and edible!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Christine K

Our wedding cake came out perfectly! It was exactly how we imagined. We were most surprised at how GREAT it tasted; so moist. We got tradition chocolate with chocolate mouse and vanilla buttercream. A lot of the guests commented on the quality. My husband and I ate extra... Read More pieces when we got back to the room and in the morning for breakfast!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Rachel F

Most delicious & beautiful wedding cake ever! Thank you Nikki and everyone at Montilio's!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Erica M

Our wedding cake from Montilio's was delicious and so beautiful. They did a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Andrea O

Montilios came with our wedding package as a choice and we liked working with them and we our from Milton as well. Picking them was a no brained for us. Unfortunately, when our cake got delivered it was a mess. My aunt had to put it back together before the reception. She made... Read More it look very nice and the taste was still great. We got the vanilla cake with raspberry filling. A few days later, montilios called us directly to offer a 50 percent refund and a cake topper for our 1 year anniversary. We are very thankful for their great customer service.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Meghan D

Thanks for a beautiful wedding cake! My husband and I wanted a simple and clean cake design, and Montilio's did not disappoint. The suggested texturing to the otherwise all white cake we requested added a beautiful touch. We had a vanilla cake with strawberry and cream filling,... Read More as well as a semi-sweet frosting. Delicious- plus the added bonus of having a small gluten free cake for myself and a few guests with Celiac disease... all of whom were able to eat the cake without any adverse reaction!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Caitlyn H

There are no words to say how happy we were with our wedding cake! My vision was literally plucked from my brain and brought to life. The quality and taste of the cake goes without saying that Montilios is by far the best bakery to go to when you need a special event cake. Im... Read More savoring every piece of cake we came home with because I don't want it to be gone EVER! Everyone was easy to work with, and nothing about the cake design or ordering process was hard. I will use them for years to come!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angela P

We loved our cake from Montilio's! We literally searched the Boston Metro area with 6+ tastings before agreeing on a 4-tier cake (with 3 different flavors) and traditional buttercream frosting. The cake designer was so friendly and helpful when deciding on a design. The only... Read More down side was that I preferred fresh flowers to be added as my "topper" and both Montilio's and my florist were uncomfortable taking on the responsibility. Luckily, my dad is in the business so once the cake and flowers were delivered, he was able to do the finishing touches. Everything worked out well and we would order our cake from Montilio's all over again! Can't wait for our anniversary to see how the top tier tastes :)

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kati W

At our July 2017 wedding at the Red Lion Inn, we had the privilege of having a naked cake from Montillo's Bakery. We had a lovely tasting and decided on the cannoli cake, and it was THE BEST. Guests are still raving about how amazing it was, and I need to make a trip to... Read More Brockton to have some more. I recommend getting the JFK cake as your top tier to enjoy at your one year anniversary. Be sure to go to the tasting and choose the cake you like, but one your guests will LOVE. Furthermore, our cake was on time and just what we asked for.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jessica B

My husband and I used Montillio's through our venue for our cake and absolutely loved them! They were very flexible and adaptable to what we wanted to do. Our final cake was beautiful and delicious (red velvet with ribbon and adirondack chairs on top.) The process of working... Read More with them was so easy and fun and we had nothing to worry about. We were very confident with them. Great experience!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amanda C

Unfortunately I wish I could give them a better rating, but I can't. They came as package deal with our venue so we just went with them. We had our tasting and sat down with someone and went over what we wanted. Our colors were seafoam green, blush pink, and gold. We wanted our... Read More cake to match our seafoam, they told us that was no problem and asked for a swatch of our bridesmaid dresses. No problem, we gave them the swatch thinking it would be all set. The day of our wedding I saw our cake and it was not at all seafoam green or even close to seafoam green, it was a St. Patrick's Day green, a dark green. I was not happy. Why ask for a swatch if you aren't going to attempted to match the color at all?!?! However, I will say the actual cake itself tasted good. All in all that is the only thing that went wrong on our day, the color of a cake, so I really can't complain. I do, however, cringe when I see our wedding pictures and see a dark, st. Patricks' day cake next to our light colored seafoam napkins.... I wish we had just gone with white instead of trying to match, but they told us that was not a problem if we gave them a swatch. Sorry Montilio's but I wouldn't recommend you to others. Your cake taste was good, but when it comes to a very important day, I wouldn't trust your decorating ability.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Alyssa S

We loved our wedding cake from Montilio’s! We opted for three layers of the lemon-orange marble and one layer of the presidential white with raspberry buttercream...so delicious and perfect for our summer wedding! The staff at Montilio’s was willing to accommodate our opposite... Read More schedules to book a cake testing at a location convenient to us, and they turned out a stunning cake. Thank you to the staff for such a sweet addition to our perfect night!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Lauren L

Montilio's did a fabulous job on our cake!!! Not only did it look exactly how we had envisioned, but it tasted AMAZING! They let us to a combination of layers - strawberry shortcake, chocolate and carrot cake, and it was so hard to decide which was the best (although ultimately... Read More I'll have to go with the carrot cake). When doing a few wedding cake tastings I honestly thought all of the cakes would taste somewhat similar, but Montilio's stood out against the competition by a long shot. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Nicole T

Montilio's did such a beautiful job with the decoration of our little wedding cake and mini cupcakes! Everything tasted delicious that night and even 5 days later we were still snacking on them! The cake and cupcakes were so moist and flavorful and all of our guests raved about... Read More them! Thank you Elisa and Elissa for all your help!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Michelle L

Montilios made our cake perfectly. We wanted a simple design and showed them one photo. They were able to execute the perfect design for what we ordered. And can we talk about the flavors?! We liked having a variety for our guests and each layer was delicious (especially the oil... Read More cake). We had so many people tell us how delicious it was. We would recommend Montilios to anyone planning an important party or wedding as they are professional and take care of all the planning.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Stellina S

The ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! We hired Montillio's for our wedding cake and wedding "cake bar" for our event on 7/8/17. People were RAVING about our wedding cake all night long. George and Elissa are a delight to work with. They are sooooo accommodating and they truly made my wedding a... Read More success!! The cake George made was more of a MASTERPIECE! I am talking 10 tiers of absolute beautifulness!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Carly W

THE BEST cake I've had in my entire life. We happily chose Montillios Bakery for our wedding on 5-27-17 and it was one of the best choices we made. We had a cupcake tower of 5 different mouth watering flavors. Our guests raved over the cake. People kept going back for seconds!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Jessica H

We used Montillios for our wedding and could not be happier. Was a 4 tier cake and all the guests loved each flavor. We can't wait for our one year to dig into the top tier! Not only was the wedding cake awesome we also did a surprise birthday cake during the reception and that... Read More was amazing as well. Everything from the service to the taste of the cake was impeccable!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Sarah M

Montilio's is awesome! We had the best time cake tasting at the Brockton location. Kathy was so sweet and really understood the classic design we were looking for. Montilio's made a stunning cake that was expertly decorated. Our wedding guests cannot stop talking about how... Read More delicious it was!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Shereine D

We got a "cutting cake" and cupcakes for our wedding and the flavor was out of this world delicious! The decor on the cutting cake was also super cute.; I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jaime C

My husband and I got married on Sunday May 7th and Montilio's Bakery made our wedding cake. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious. Montilio's Bakery discussed every detail of our wedding cake down to the silver dots along the scrolling of the cake. Our cake looked exactly... Read More as I pictured it and we couldn't have asked for a better bakery. I am also a GF bride and Monitilio's makes GF cake. My husband and I had the GF carrot cake as the top tier of our wedding cake and it was absolutely amazing. You couldn't even tell it was GF. My husband and I would highly recommend you to choose Montilio's as your bakery for your wedding cake.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Teja H

Montilio's whipped up one of the best red velvet cakes we have ever had. It was so moist and delicious. Montilio's brushed it with grand marnier and made it with butter cream frosting. Soooo delicious! They executed our design to perfection! We cannot wait to order more cakes... Read More from Montilios in the future!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Angela I

Montilio's exceeded our expectations!!! We ordered our wedding cake through them and could not be happier with how it came out. Going into our appointment we weren't sure what we wanted. They provided so many different flavor combinations to try and we were able to choose 2 for... Read More our cake. The design was a combination of a couple of different pictures I had and it came out GORGEOUS! I know I'm biased, but it's the best looking wedding cake I've seen. We highly recommend Montilio's for wedding cakes!!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Sarah B

AMAZING!!! From our tasting (SO much fun), to choosing two different types of cake (cannoli and carrot!) for our tiers, to Italian cookies on each one of our tables, Montillio's was perfect. And our cake came out BEAUTIFUL. It was classic, with intricate, beautiful detail for a... Read More fall wedding at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem. They are the BEST. I couldn't believe people were coming up to me at the wedding saying how beautiful the cake was!! That's how great it came out! Choose Montillio's, you won't regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Megan D

Montilio's made our wedding cake and it was not only delicious but visually stunning. It came out exactly as pictured and they were amazing to work with.