Scott Payne The Knot Tyer!

Helping two become ONE! Scott is an outgoing Texas ordained minister of 31 years who loves collaborating with couples so their dream wedding will come true! Congratulations on your engagement!

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Marble Falls, TX Austin / Hill Country / Fredericksburg (830) 613-8812

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Shana B

Words cannot express how wonderful Scott is, not only as an officiant, but as a person in general. Scott was there for us every step of the way up until the wedding day! He answered all of our questions and any time I started to get nervous about something, he was there to... Read More reassure me and put my mind at ease! He did such an amazing job at our ceremony and made it a nice, comfortable, and humorous experience! He has such a bright personality and I couldn't imagine having anyone else for our wedding day :) It was absolutely perfect. Thank you, Scott!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erica B

Oh my gosh, Scott is a gem! Our wedding coordinator Rachel, recommended Scott to us and boy are we lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony! Scott is AMAZING! Our guests LOVED everything about our ceremony - especially how wonderful Scott is and how great he is at making... Read More people feel relaxed and connected. We spoke with him for over an hour and a half before contracting him for our wedding, and the entire conversation was so easy and natural. He is full of life and truly makes you feel special! Before the wedding, he spoke to both my husband and I separately and went over everything we would need to know, including some fun little tricks to use to make sure we did everything right :) He wasn't sure he was going to stay much past dinner but he ended up staying the entire night - even helping to coordinate our sparkler send-off! He truly is a great person and we are so lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony and celebrate our big day with us. Afterwards he even sent us a copy of the marriage certificate that he mailed in as well as some info on how to change my last name :) We recommend him whole-heartedly and without reservation. Thank you so much Scott for everything - we love you!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Caitlin C

You won’t find anyone better than Scott! When it came time to start looking for an officiant, my (now) Husband’s co-worker recommended Scott, and boy are we glad that he did! We immediately felt at ease and comfortable from the first time we spoke with Scott about our vision for... Read More the ceremony. He is truly passionate about what he does and goes above and beyond in every way possible to make sure that your wedding day is exactly how you envision it and nothing short of absolutely amazing! After the ceremony when we were taking the bridal party photos, Scott was right there making small tweaks here and there to my veil, flowers, boutonnieres, etc to make sure that everything was perfect for the photographers. AND not only did he officiate our wedding, but he was also the DJ and MC for the reception! We were able to give him a thumb drive of songs that we wanted played and he even took requests and downloaded a few songs on site that he didn’t have. My husband and I both received countless comments from our guests about how great Scott was and we couldn’t agree more! We are so thankful for Scott and his enthusiasm and passion for what he does – our wedding day would not have been the same without him!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Amanda M

Scott made our wedding day so special! Our guests couldn't believe we hadn't known him for years. He did a fantastic job keeping us calm the day of the wedding and during the ceremony. He is such a joy to be around, and I would 100% recommend him to everyone looking for a... Read More Minister to make their ceremony memorable!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Katya B

Where do I begin to talk about how absolutely AMAZING Scott is?! First of all, you know you had a phenomenal officiant when the wedding party and the guests can't stop talking about how fun, helpful and overall wonderful he was. Truly, he was like a wedding fairy godfather! Not... Read More only is he truly passionate about what he does but he is so knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. He is a wealth of information regarding anything related to your wedding and can literally probably answer any question you have. He is also just incredibly kind and genuinely caring and helpful. The day of the wedding, he was there early to help do the rehearsal but before and after, he just offered to help set-up or get anything ready, it was so appreciated by us and our families. With 100% honesty, I would recommend him to anyone getting married. All those qualities are just bonuses, as an officiant he was the absolute best. He helped us create a ceremony we were happy with, that was engaging, a reflection of who we are as a couple and just overall beautiful. Hiring Scott was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Chelsey K

Scott has a perfect five star rating for a reason! His personality and professionalism are above and beyond. He helped set the tone for our wedding by being a bit playful and funny but also bringing it back to the serious side when it came to our ceremony. Scott is so organized... Read More and prepared, he has so many options to help you create the perfect ceremony. I know that weddings are an emotional time but our entire guest list had tears in their eyes during the ceremony! I can’t recommend Scott enough and I am so thankful for him making our day absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Carly T

Scott was AMAZING – truly. To give you an idea, chose Scott as our officiant because he officiated my SIL’s wedding FIVE years ago – that’s how much his ceremony stuck with us. The second their wedding was over, I looked at Chris and said, this is the guy that is going to... Read More officiate us. He’s enthusiastic, kind, vocal and is with you the ENTIRE process. We spoke with Scott nearly a year before our wedding, and he reached out multiple times to check in, and even wished us good times during the holidays. Scott also had great ideas to incorporate into our ceremony – we did the Wine Box and the Hand Ceremony, both which he made unique to us. We also got to pick and choose from multiple ceremony options to make our vows our very own - he also made it easy to incorporate some of our own verbiage into our vows and he helped us ensure that it flowed smoothly – If you’re looking for someone that feels like family, and that helps make you feel comfortable in a situation that can easily feel like an anxious rush, Scott is your guy. He is patient and attentive and you will not regret allowing him to officiate and be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Avery M

Scott Payne was truly the highlight of our wedding ceremony. He was an absolute JOY to work with, literally, he brings so much laughter and joy to everything. He spent time getting to know us before we mapped out our wedding ceremony, and made the whole process truly enjoyable... Read More and easy. The first day I met Scott he told me about the wine box ceremony idea. I was immediately completely in love with the idea, and with the passion with which he spoke about it. I will never forget that day and how excited I was to have him as our minister. Our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect, and so very us. Scott takes time to understand you as a couple, and get to know what you truly want and do not want during your wedding. I will forever remember our beautiful ceremony, and the wedding wine box which we will continue to use for the rest of our lives. I had so many people come up to me and tell me how genuinely nice, happy, and AWESOME Scott was, and I absolutely could not agree more. I couldn't stop smiling ear to ear during the rehearsal or the ceremony. If you are picking a minister/officiant, do yourself a favor and look no further than Scott. He will be the best decision you make for your wedding, and will make your wedding a day you will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lisa F

There aren’t enough words to describe how amazing Scott is! He is a man that truly loves what he does, and it shows! From the very start of meeting Scott, we knew he was the perfect fit for us! He took the time to get to know us and wrote the most the most beautiful ceremony... Read More that was truly fitting to who we are. Then when it came time for the day of, he brought his words to life with his love and energy! He wowed our family, friends, guests and once again us. Everyone wanted to know where we found such a fresh breathe of air! In addition, to his beautiful words and amazing energy he had so many little tips and tricks that helped us but no one ever noticed. Our day would not have gone as smoothly without him. He even knew how to help us take a breather, enjoy our moment and hear the words we were saying. We actually got to live in our moment instead of it just being a blur. He was also so helpful as we prepared for our big day! He gave us great resources about marriage and love (some of them even humorous). He checked in so many time in the months, weeks, days before. He always brought comfort and excitement to us when he checked in. Scott is PERFECT! You won’t find someone else that puts so much love into their work as Scott does! We are so thankful Scott will be a part of our memories forever. We can’t him enough for bringing so much love to our special day. We strongly recommend Scott for your wedding - It will be a decision you’ll never regret!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Xu F

Scott did a wonderful job on our wedding! He turned our wedding ceremony into the most beautiful moment in our life. We met Scott by chance at Chapel Dulcinea when we were checking a few wedding spots. We did not know he was a minister until he came to us and said hello. One... Read More week later we decided to have him as our minister, and we had a long conversation at a Starbucks at Bee Cave. Scott gave us multiple choices of ceremonies and listened to every piece of our opinions. He was trying to help us and make our dream come true from the bottom of his heart. Now I believe the encounter of Scott with us was God’s will, not by chance!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Erina J

We are so happy we chose to hire Scott as our officiant. Before the wedding day, Scott took the time to meet with us and discuss what we were looking for in a ceremony. He truly cares that the ceremony signifies you as a couple. Scott helped calm our nerves before and during the... Read More ceremony (the icebreaker definitely helped!)...he does a great job uniting both families and all our friends together! He put together a beautiful ceremony that we will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Steven M

Scott is probably the best officiant I have seen for any wedding. He charmed the pants of of the entire wedding, and has so many excellent ideas floating around in his head, you'll never lack for things to explore in setting up your ceremony. I hope you have the energy to keep... Read More up with this awesome human. PS: Ask about the wine box! Excellent idea!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Shirlene H

I can't say enough about the love and light of god that glows from Scott Payne. He is awesome!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kaci M

We used Scott Payne based off of referral and we are truly grateful that we chose him to officiate our wedding. It was completely customized to fit us perfectly. Because of him we feel that our wedding day ran so seamlessly. We thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for being... Read More a huge part in our special day. Love, the Moore's

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lauren T

We picked Scott out of a ton of options and we are SO glad we did. He was fantastic. From the very beginning he took the time to get to know us and find out if we were all going to be a good fit. It turns out it was a perfect fit. He is easy to talk to. Gives you TONS of... Read More suggestions and ideas based on your idea of your perfect day. We chose to go with one of his suggestions, the Wine Box Ceremony, and it was truly an amazing experience and the guests LOVED it. Especially since the wine box was made by a family member. Scott calmed our nerves and made the crowd laugh, which was definitely our personality. We HIGHLY recommend pick Scott to officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Robert S

Scott did a great job as our officiant for our wedding day. He was very helpful in getting everything set up and helping the wedding coordinator as well as ensuring everything ran smoothly. There was a sense of comfort whenever Scott showed up and that was very much appreciated.... Read More Would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Valencia L

Scott Payne was absolutely amazing!! I loved how personal he got with our wedding party. Everyone thought we've known Scott for a long time. I highly recommend Scott to be your officiant!! He let me pick exactly what I wanted and I even added more stuff into our ceremony. Thank... Read More you again Scott for helping us have the best wedding officiant ever!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 John B

Wow!! I can't thank Scott enough for an amazing job. We were overly joyed at everything he did for us from day 1. The day of the ceremony he arrived early to make sure we were comfortable with everything. He goes above and beyond to make your day absolutely remarkable. I was... Read More blown away at how many of the guests commented on how great Scott was and how much fun they had. For Scott: We can't thank you enough for everything. It was more than a dream come true and you will always hold a very special place in our hearts!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Tiffany S

Scott was absolutely wonderful to work with! He gave us ideas we hadn't thought of and guided us through the whole process. He made us feel comfortable and at ease beforehand and was just full of life and emotion during our ceremony. Between the laughs and the tears, I... Read More couldn't imagine it being any more perfect. Everyone adored him! Thank you so much, Scott!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

Scott was a delight throughout the whole process! We loved him from the moment we met him and just KNEW he was the perfect fit for us. Scott helped us lay out our ceremony exactly how we wanted it, and helped fit it exactly to our likes and wants. Scott helped ease our nerves... Read More on the day of, and made sure to walk through everything with us individually to ensure that we knew exactly what we were doing, so we didn't have any "Americas Funniest Videos" moments. We invited Scott to stay for our reception and enjoy the food and family fun with us, and we are so glad that we did! He was a delight to have around, and we have had everyone at our wedding express how much they loved him because he was so funny and friendly!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jason C

Scott was a truly exceptional minister. He was easy to work with and created a uniquely, initmate ceremony. I would highly recommend him without any reservations.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kendall F

From the moment I first contacted Scott about my wedding, he was absolutely the sweetest and easiest person to work with! I was living in England with my then fiancé, and Scott was so great about Skyping us through the 6-hour time difference to answer any and all questions we... Read More had. He created the perfect ceremony for us, and I couldn’t have dreamed up anything more perfect for us as a couple. All of the guests I spoke to during the wedding asked how we found him, and told us how incredible they thought he was. We are so happy that we found Scott, and that we will always know him and consider him a friend! :)

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Adriana D

We were so pleased to have Scott officiate our wedding. He was a HUGE hit with all our family and friends. We have not heard one comment about our wedding which has not been accompanied by a huge compliment for Scott as well and how awesome he was! It was the perfect blend of... Read More funny and sweet which is exactly what we wanted! He went above and beyond to make our day special and to make us feel comfortable. He was absolutely, hands down the perfect fit for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Tiffany N

Scott didn't really feel like just an officiant, he felt like family. All our guess loved him and thought the ceremony was beautiful. Scott kept things light so it made it easier to not cry and ruin my makeup. He went above just helping us tie the knot, he helped coordinate some... Read More small hick ups a nervous bride didn't think about. I highly recommend hiring Scott to be a party of your family on your special day.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Katie U

Having Scott officiate our wedding was one of the best decision we made. He went above and beyond and truly exceeded expectations. The ceremony was beautiful and we did a wine box ceremony during the reception which everyone loved and I am excited to have for the rest of our... Read More lives. Our DJ had some issues and Scott kept the party going by getting everyone started in singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas." He even offered to grab his guitar and play for us. His organization and tips before the ceremony really helped things go smoothly and ease some of our nervousness. If you are looking for an officiant Scott is absolutely the best!

Scott Payne

Minister of 31 yrs. performed 100s of Wedding Ceremonies. Also a pro. singer. Before he met his wife, Scott wrote a duet titled: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True". Following this, he went to a music camp in the Texas Hill Country. For the talent show, he asked a girl to sing his duet with him. Together, they prepared to sing the song but ended up NOT doing so. A year from that date they were married at that camp and sang that song to each other on their wedding day and the Title of the song CAME TRUE: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True"! Since that day, Scott loves Weddings w/ all his heart!