Scott Payne The Knot Tyer!

Helping two become ONE! Scott is an outgoing Texas ordained minister of 33 years who loves collaborating with couples so their dream wedding will come true! Congratulations on your engagement!

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Marble Falls, TX Austin / Hill Country / Fredericksburg (830) 613-8812

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Shana B

Words cannot express how wonderful Scott is, not only as an officiant, but as a person in general. Scott was there for us every step of the way up until the wedding day! He answered all of our questions and any time I started to get nervous about something, he was there to... Read More reassure me and put my mind at ease! He did such an amazing job at our ceremony and made it a nice, comfortable, and humorous experience! He has such a bright personality and I couldn't imagine having anyone else for our wedding day :) It was absolutely perfect. Thank you, Scott!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erica B

Oh my gosh, Scott is a gem! Our wedding coordinator Rachel, recommended Scott to us and boy are we lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony! Scott is AMAZING! Our guests LOVED everything about our ceremony - especially how wonderful Scott is and how great he is at making... Read More people feel relaxed and connected. We spoke with him for over an hour and a half before contracting him for our wedding, and the entire conversation was so easy and natural. He is full of life and truly makes you feel special! Before the wedding, he spoke to both my husband and I separately and went over everything we would need to know, including some fun little tricks to use to make sure we did everything right :) He wasn't sure he was going to stay much past dinner but he ended up staying the entire night - even helping to coordinate our sparkler send-off! He truly is a great person and we are so lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony and celebrate our big day with us. Afterwards he even sent us a copy of the marriage certificate that he mailed in as well as some info on how to change my last name :) We recommend him whole-heartedly and without reservation. Thank you so much Scott for everything - we love you!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Caitlin C

You won’t find anyone better than Scott! When it came time to start looking for an officiant, my (now) Husband’s co-worker recommended Scott, and boy are we glad that he did! We immediately felt at ease and comfortable from the first time we spoke with Scott about our vision for... Read More the ceremony. He is truly passionate about what he does and goes above and beyond in every way possible to make sure that your wedding day is exactly how you envision it and nothing short of absolutely amazing! After the ceremony when we were taking the bridal party photos, Scott was right there making small tweaks here and there to my veil, flowers, boutonnieres, etc to make sure that everything was perfect for the photographers. AND not only did he officiate our wedding, but he was also the DJ and MC for the reception! We were able to give him a thumb drive of songs that we wanted played and he even took requests and downloaded a few songs on site that he didn’t have. My husband and I both received countless comments from our guests about how great Scott was and we couldn’t agree more! We are so thankful for Scott and his enthusiasm and passion for what he does – our wedding day would not have been the same without him!

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Michael D

Scott is just the best. Super helpful at walking us through the ceremony during the rehearsal. It really puts your mind at ease when you have someone like Scott making sure your ceremony goes off without a hitch. Can't thank him enough. Thank you thank you, Scott!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Cathy S

Scott Payne was the best officiant we could have asked for! I was lucky enough to happen upon him by searching for Austin area wedding officiants. I could quickly see from online reviews and all the amazing and helpful content he has on his website that he was, at the least,... Read More very professional. But...I soon found he was far more than that! He is truly good and an expert at this. He blessed us with the most meaningful ceremony we could ever dream of. He helps from the beginning with tips and recommendations on obtaining your marriage license, spends valuable time getting to know you and designing your ceremony to be unique and exactly designed for your wants and needs and continues providing assistance all the way to post ceremony on how to easily change your last name. We can’t believe we were blessed to find him. He’ll always be a special memory of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Amy L

Where to start? Scott was the absolute best! From our first interaction, I knew that he was the perfect man for the job. When we sat down with Scott a few months before the wedding, Scott made us feel so at ease, he is so charismatic and congenial. He also gave us so many... Read More suggestions and options for the ceremony, to where it made it very personalized to who Jonathan and I are as a couple. We really should pay Scott for wedding coordinator fees, because he helped out so much on wedding day. From shooing guests away from the bar and into their seats for the ceremony, to announcing the cake cutting and activities, his ability to project his voice was nothing short of astounding. Scott was so fantastic, we even had some guests try to book him for their wedding at our ceremony! My husband and I are so happy with how our wedding day went, and Scott played such an integral part in making it perfect.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Ali B

Scott is AMAZING! He provides you with so much useful information and is so wonderful! Almost every single one of my guest said how amazing the ceremony was because of Scott. Every time I sent him an email he responded back with a timely manner. He is very reliable, responsible,... Read More and offers a great price! If I could give 10 stars I would!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Danny M

Scott Payne was the minister of our small wedding which consisted of my fiancé, her son and myself. When our photographer canceled at the last moment due to an emergency, Scott rose to the occasion by recruiting a hotel employee to act as our videographer and photographer using... Read More my iPhone X. My fiancé needed assistance with her vail and flower bouquet and she didn’t want me to see her prior to the wedding, so Scott jumped in to help get her with the finishing touches! After the wedding ceremony, Scott stuck around to take more photos while suggesting different scenes and poses. He went WAY beyond the call of duty and spent more time with us to make our day extra special! So needless to say, Scott is top notch and we are forever grateful for him. I recommend him for any wedding, large or small.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Daniela M

Scott is probably one of the sweetest people in this world. When we first approached Scott to interview him to do our wedding, he was very prepared and organized, but the biggest thing for us was how he made us feel right there and then. He has a way with words and can truly... Read More make you feel emotions just in the way he speaks. In the second meeting after deciding to go with Scott, he asked us several questions and from that he was able to create a customized ceremony outline based on what we wanted and how we wanted it. We come from a Hispanic background so to us it was important that we blended both traditional and more modern ideas in the ceremony and Scott was able to do just that. Throughout the 10 months leading to the wedding, my fiance and I met with Scott multiple times over Skype to refine the ceremony Scott had created for us. We reviewed it and refined it multiple times until it was just how we wanted it to be. He really emphasizes how important it is that the ceremony is based on what we wanted. On the big day, Scott was there on time and dressed to impress. He was very prepared, and walked both my fiance and I through the outline and gave us some pointers to calm us down as much as he could. Ever since the wedding we have heard nothing but amazing feedback on Scott and our ceremony. It was filled with laughter, love, and just full of emotion thanks to the way Scott controls his words and enunciation. He is truly amazing. You will not be disappointed if you choose him.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Stephanie R

Fantastic experience, very flexible, accommodating, and helpful. Scott has a wonderful personality and connects well with people even on the initial meeting.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Andrea Graciela D

I was nervouse about our wedding and ceremony until we met Scott. I felt an immediate relief upon talking to him the first time and every time thereafter as he helped us develop our unique union. Scotty helped to incorporate my Venezuelan traditions with my fiance's Scottish... Read More American ones to create a truly one of a kind ceremony. Being married to him was a blessing, and I really do feel like we have a friend in him for life, after all he did for us. Thank you, Scott, for a beautiful wedding, beautiful letter ceremony, and beautiful start to our life together.

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Tiffany S

Scott was amazing! He walked us through every detail from the first phone call. He made sure our ceremony was our own and exactly what we wanted. The day of the ceremony, he spent time with each of us separately to make sure everything was going to be effortless and flawless. He... Read More truly loves what he does and it shows! I cannot recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Roselind A

I can't imagine our ceremony being performed by anyone other than Scott Payne. Our wedding felt like it was designed specifically for us with no other one like it. I've never been to a wedding in which everyone was talking about how awesome the officiant was. During the... Read More ceremony, we laughed and we cried. He involved our guests and they truly felt like part of the ceremony and our lives. There was definitely no boredom or tuning out by our guests during the ceremony. He put everyone at ease whether that be by giving an ice breaker, performing magic tricks or singing. He offered to do absolutely anything we needed. He offered me his coat in 40 degree weather, thought to fix my train when the ceremony started (I didn't have bridesmaids), had a tissue in my hand the second I started to cry and discreetly took it back when it was time for the rings. He thought of everything! He took the time to stay for our post ceremony Christmas party and seemed to really be one of the family. He blessed our meal and performed a wine box ceremony, which was really special to us. He took as much time as needed before, during and after our wedding day to insure everything was exactly as we wanted.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Darrell W

My wife and I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding than Scott Payne. Once we decided to have our wedding at my Aunt's lake house in Spicewood, we began searching for a local officiant. We saw nothing but glowing reviews for Scott, and from the moment we... Read More contacted him, we both knew he was the right one for us. His energy and passion for making our event special was evident in each and every communication we had with him. It was infectious – and got US really excited for all the little things along the way. Leading up the the wedding, he sent over a ton of ideas, extras, suggestions, and example ceremonies (including non-religious ones suitable for us in particular), reminding us that he was there to provide what WE wanted. One of his ideas led us to take a fun day trip to Austin to acquire the much more attractive and modern-looking wedding certificate from Travis county, instead of our local one from Houston. Days before the wedding, he also completely surprised us with a full translation of the ceremony into Russian for my wife's mother to follow along. We planned (and ran) our wedding ourselves. On the day of the wedding, he jumped in and helped out in numerous little ways, including lining our wedding aisle with the rose petals we had set aside for that purpose, and later on, gave fantastic photo suggestions. We had mentioned to him how important it was for us to begin at 11:11 am (on our 11-11-17 wedding date) and he firmly yet clearly guided everyone out to the ceremony when needed so that we began on time. As far as the ceremony, Scott was like an orchestra conductor, guiding everyone in taking breaths and staying present, breaking the ice with lots of humor, and building the emotion of the ceremony to a beautiful crescendo as he pronounced us man and wife. It was beautifully done. The day was as emotional as we had wanted, not just for us, but for our guests. Many people commented on what a great ceremony it was, and that “they were really feeling the love.” My divorced parents even had a moment (beyond their usual civility) of heartfelt appreciation for each other – something that hadn't occurred in decades. And this was due in so small part to the tone that was set – and cultivated – by Scott Payne. Thank you Scott. Seriously – you're the best.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Natalie S

Scott was great! My wife and I were unable to meet him in person before the ceremony as we live out of state but he was very accommodating and we talked through phone and email beforehand. On the day of the ceremony he walked us each through and noted from his previous... Read More experiences the potential difficulties so that we were able to avoid them. Overall he was extremely friendly, professional, and created a great experience that all enjoyed.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Feng L

Scott is such a nice,, kind and responsible officiant with great sense of humor. He reached us out early before the wedding and worked through the details of what we want for our ceremony. He showed up early and helped us break the ice. A little surprise magic trick was shared... Read More with the bride party at the backstage, and it helps us to get rid of the nervous mood. And he took great care of my as groom during the whole wedding ceremony. In any way, you will never regret to choose Scott. -Feng

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Cheyenne B

Our wedding was small but beautiful. We had it at the Chapel Dulcinae. With it being so small, our help was limited. When Scott introduced himself to me, I felt as if a friend was there and he took control. I had trouble finding our cross for the ceremony and he magically... Read More appeared with it as he found it. When the ceremony started, we had someone using spotify for the music. He had me turn my back so I couldn't see the bride. I said "we need to play the procession song" and he motioned for the person to play it. It was nice to have that. The ceremony itself was fantastic. Scott went above and beyond. He lightened the mood so I wouldn't cry my eyes out and he spoke beautiful words. He even helped the photographer to organize the pictures. If you want to tie the knot, then he will make that knot a strong one by giving am excellent service for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Ada P

Scott went above and beyond in our wedding day! If you want someone that will be helpful, sweet, loving and caring, then Scott is your person! He will make you laugh, make you feel relaxed, and even thought that might be the first time you have seen him, you will feel like you... Read More have always known him! Scott is a true man of God and you his beautiful words will make you feel His presence. Look no more, this is the guy you want.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Tim M

Where to start! Scott was fantastic – cannot say enough positive things about our experience from start to finish, and hope that we can continue to visit and keep in touch with him in the future! We met Scott very soon after we were engaged after seeing how highly recommended he... Read More is, and had such a great feeling from the start. He is truly a special guy who loves what he does and has an unmatched positive energy that is genuine and contagious! He helped us to think through and plan how our ceremony would be structured, and what we did or didn’t want to include – Scott did not push anything on us or make us feel at all like this would not be our special, personal day! Leading up to the day-of Scott was communicative and checked in on us from time to time to wish us happy holidays or just see how things were going – that was so appreciated to know that we weren’t just two names on his calendar. On the day of, Scott was early, confident and friendly. He knew most of our vendors already, and they had such great things to say about him as well (if we weren’t already 100% confident we made the right choice, that would have been plenty to get us there!), and he was accommodating and friendly to our close friends and family that were a part of the wedding. The actual ceremony was perfect – I’m sure Scott can accommodate any tone you could ask for, but he was confident in speaking, and extremely engaging, personable, and funny (not in an unprofessional or overly corny way whatsoever, just genuinely such a positive guy!). We had so many comments from friend and family that thought our ceremony truly set the tone for the night. One more thing – Scott spent time with both my bride and I separately before the ceremony to pass on some tips, words of advice, and generally to ease some of our nervousness – with a father’s demeanor and experience, he was able to offer some invaluable tips to me for the “mechanics” of the process (i.e.: the father’s handoff of the bride, the ring ceremony, etc.) and more importantly some tips to stay fully present in the moment. I can’t say much more – be supremely confident in Scott for your wedding, as he is truly a one-of-a-kind person and even more rare when it comes to an officiant for what is such a special day. Thank you Scott!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Allie G

We selected Scott to be our officiant after some research and after getting to meet him in person. From our first meeting, we knew he was a great fit and we booked him to officiate our wedding on the spot! He is super personable and kind and does not make you feel alienated if... Read More you are not an every-week-churchgoer. He provided us with a ton of options to choose for to customize our ceremony and let us also incorporate elements not within his list of ideas. We were able to tweak this over the year after we first met with him as we continued to review and refine what we wanted for our ceremony. Before our ceremony, Scott took time to meet with each of us to impart much-welcomed advice for the ceremony. He even showed my dad how to properly hug me before handing my off to my husband-to-be without ripping off my veil - something none of us would have ever thoughts about! Our ceremony was the most special part of our wedding and not only did we feel it, but our guests did too! We had so many compliments after the ceremony about how incredible it was and it really set the tone for the reception. Scott’s energy was incredible and he lightened the mood at the beginning with a couple of genuinely funny and appropriate ice breakers that eased my and my husband’s nerves. During the ceremony, he had so much perfectly-placed enthusiasm and when he announced us as husband and wife, I literally felt like his gusto and tempo were a drumroll and my heart was pounding with excitement! Scott is such a thoughtful and wonderful human and I hope you will consider having him officiate your wedding. This is the most important part of your wedding day and he will make it more special than you can imagine!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Amanda M

Scott made our wedding day so special! Our guests couldn't believe we hadn't known him for years. He did a fantastic job keeping us calm the day of the wedding and during the ceremony. He is such a joy to be around, and I would 100% recommend him to everyone looking for a... Read More Minister to make their ceremony memorable!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Katya B

Where do I begin to talk about how absolutely AMAZING Scott is?! First of all, you know you had a phenomenal officiant when the wedding party and the guests can't stop talking about how fun, helpful and overall wonderful he was. Truly, he was like a wedding fairy godfather! Not... Read More only is he truly passionate about what he does but he is so knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. He is a wealth of information regarding anything related to your wedding and can literally probably answer any question you have. He is also just incredibly kind and genuinely caring and helpful. The day of the wedding, he was there early to help do the rehearsal but before and after, he just offered to help set-up or get anything ready, it was so appreciated by us and our families. With 100% honesty, I would recommend him to anyone getting married. All those qualities are just bonuses, as an officiant he was the absolute best. He helped us create a ceremony we were happy with, that was engaging, a reflection of who we are as a couple and just overall beautiful. Hiring Scott was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Chelsey K

Scott has a perfect five star rating for a reason! His personality and professionalism are above and beyond. He helped set the tone for our wedding by being a bit playful and funny but also bringing it back to the serious side when it came to our ceremony. Scott is so organized... Read More and prepared, he has so many options to help you create the perfect ceremony. I know that weddings are an emotional time but our entire guest list had tears in their eyes during the ceremony! I can’t recommend Scott enough and I am so thankful for him making our day absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Carly T

Scott was AMAZING – truly. To give you an idea, chose Scott as our officiant because he officiated my SIL’s wedding FIVE years ago – that’s how much his ceremony stuck with us. The second their wedding was over, I looked at Chris and said, this is the guy that is going to... Read More officiate us. He’s enthusiastic, kind, vocal and is with you the ENTIRE process. We spoke with Scott nearly a year before our wedding, and he reached out multiple times to check in, and even wished us good times during the holidays. Scott also had great ideas to incorporate into our ceremony – we did the Wine Box and the Hand Ceremony, both which he made unique to us. We also got to pick and choose from multiple ceremony options to make our vows our very own - he also made it easy to incorporate some of our own verbiage into our vows and he helped us ensure that it flowed smoothly – If you’re looking for someone that feels like family, and that helps make you feel comfortable in a situation that can easily feel like an anxious rush, Scott is your guy. He is patient and attentive and you will not regret allowing him to officiate and be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Avery M

Scott Payne was truly the highlight of our wedding ceremony. He was an absolute JOY to work with, literally, he brings so much laughter and joy to everything. He spent time getting to know us before we mapped out our wedding ceremony, and made the whole process truly enjoyable... Read More and easy. The first day I met Scott he told me about the wine box ceremony idea. I was immediately completely in love with the idea, and with the passion with which he spoke about it. I will never forget that day and how excited I was to have him as our minister. Our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect, and so very us. Scott takes time to understand you as a couple, and get to know what you truly want and do not want during your wedding. I will forever remember our beautiful ceremony, and the wedding wine box which we will continue to use for the rest of our lives. I had so many people come up to me and tell me how genuinely nice, happy, and AWESOME Scott was, and I absolutely could not agree more. I couldn't stop smiling ear to ear during the rehearsal or the ceremony. If you are picking a minister/officiant, do yourself a favor and look no further than Scott. He will be the best decision you make for your wedding, and will make your wedding a day you will never forget.

Scott Payne

Minister of 33 yrs. performed 100s of Wedding Ceremonies. Also a pro. singer. Before he met his wife, Scott wrote a duet titled: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True". Following this, he went to a music camp in the Texas Hill Country. For the talent show, he asked a girl to sing his duet with him. Together, they prepared to sing the song but ended up NOT doing so. A year from that date they were married at that camp and sang that song to each other on their wedding day and the Title of the song CAME TRUE: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True"! Since that day, Scott loves Weddings w/ all his heart!