Scott Payne The Knot Tyer!

Helping two become ONE! Scott is an outgoing Texas ordained minister of 31 years who loves collaborating with couples so their dream wedding will come true! Congratulations on your engagement!

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Marble Falls, TX Austin / Hill Country / Fredericksburg (830) 613-8812

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Shana B

Words cannot express how wonderful Scott is, not only as an officiant, but as a person in general. Scott was there for us every step of the way up until the wedding day! He answered all of our questions and any time I started to get nervous about something, he was there to... Read More reassure me and put my mind at ease! He did such an amazing job at our ceremony and made it a nice, comfortable, and humorous experience! He has such a bright personality and I couldn't imagine having anyone else for our wedding day :) It was absolutely perfect. Thank you, Scott!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erica B

Oh my gosh, Scott is a gem! Our wedding coordinator Rachel, recommended Scott to us and boy are we lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony! Scott is AMAZING! Our guests LOVED everything about our ceremony - especially how wonderful Scott is and how great he is at making... Read More people feel relaxed and connected. We spoke with him for over an hour and a half before contracting him for our wedding, and the entire conversation was so easy and natural. He is full of life and truly makes you feel special! Before the wedding, he spoke to both my husband and I separately and went over everything we would need to know, including some fun little tricks to use to make sure we did everything right :) He wasn't sure he was going to stay much past dinner but he ended up staying the entire night - even helping to coordinate our sparkler send-off! He truly is a great person and we are so lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony and celebrate our big day with us. Afterwards he even sent us a copy of the marriage certificate that he mailed in as well as some info on how to change my last name :) We recommend him whole-heartedly and without reservation. Thank you so much Scott for everything - we love you!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Caitlin C

You won’t find anyone better than Scott! When it came time to start looking for an officiant, my (now) Husband’s co-worker recommended Scott, and boy are we glad that he did! We immediately felt at ease and comfortable from the first time we spoke with Scott about our vision for... Read More the ceremony. He is truly passionate about what he does and goes above and beyond in every way possible to make sure that your wedding day is exactly how you envision it and nothing short of absolutely amazing! After the ceremony when we were taking the bridal party photos, Scott was right there making small tweaks here and there to my veil, flowers, boutonnieres, etc to make sure that everything was perfect for the photographers. AND not only did he officiate our wedding, but he was also the DJ and MC for the reception! We were able to give him a thumb drive of songs that we wanted played and he even took requests and downloaded a few songs on site that he didn’t have. My husband and I both received countless comments from our guests about how great Scott was and we couldn’t agree more! We are so thankful for Scott and his enthusiasm and passion for what he does – our wedding day would not have been the same without him!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

Scott was a delight throughout the whole process! We loved him from the moment we met him and just KNEW he was the perfect fit for us. Scott helped us lay out our ceremony exactly how we wanted it, and helped fit it exactly to our likes and wants. Scott helped ease our nerves... Read More on the day of, and made sure to walk through everything with us individually to ensure that we knew exactly what we were doing, so we didn't have any "Americas Funniest Videos" moments. We invited Scott to stay for our reception and enjoy the food and family fun with us, and we are so glad that we did! He was a delight to have around, and we have had everyone at our wedding express how much they loved him because he was so funny and friendly!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jason C

Scott was a truly exceptional minister. He was easy to work with and created a uniquely, initmate ceremony. I would highly recommend him without any reservations.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jason C

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kendall F

From the moment I first contacted Scott about my wedding, he was absolutely the sweetest and easiest person to work with! I was living in England with my then fiancé, and Scott was so great about Skyping us through the 6-hour time difference to answer any and all questions we... Read More had. He created the perfect ceremony for us, and I couldn’t have dreamed up anything more perfect for us as a couple. All of the guests I spoke to during the wedding asked how we found him, and told us how incredible they thought he was. We are so happy that we found Scott, and that we will always know him and consider him a friend! :)

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Adriana D

We were so pleased to have Scott officiate our wedding. He was a HUGE hit with all our family and friends. We have not heard one comment about our wedding which has not been accompanied by a huge compliment for Scott as well and how awesome he was! It was the perfect blend of... Read More funny and sweet which is exactly what we wanted! He went above and beyond to make our day special and to make us feel comfortable. He was absolutely, hands down the perfect fit for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Tiffany N

Scott didn't really feel like just an officiant, he felt like family. All our guess loved him and thought the ceremony was beautiful. Scott kept things light so it made it easier to not cry and ruin my makeup. He went above just helping us tie the knot, he helped coordinate some... Read More small hick ups a nervous bride didn't think about. I highly recommend hiring Scott to be a party of your family on your special day.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Katie U

Having Scott officiate our wedding was one of the best decision we made. He went above and beyond and truly exceeded expectations. The ceremony was beautiful and we did a wine box ceremony during the reception which everyone loved and I am excited to have for the rest of our... Read More lives. Our DJ had some issues and Scott kept the party going by getting everyone started in singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas." He even offered to grab his guitar and play for us. His organization and tips before the ceremony really helped things go smoothly and ease some of our nervousness. If you are looking for an officiant Scott is absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Brittany W

Scott took the extra time to get to know us and personalized our wedding ceremony with only 3 days notice and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. He is awesome at what he does and makes you feel like you've known him forever. If you are looking for a... Read More very personable, compassionate minister he's your guy!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Alex S

Scott was amazing. I truly consider him a friend at this point due to how comfortable and at ease he put everyone. He took the time to speak with both the bride and I separately immediately prior to the ceremony and put everyone in a knowledgeable (whats about to go down) and... Read More comfortable mood. He is definitely in my wedding photos this guy was awesome. Everyone at the wedding said he did an incredible job and captured our essence as a couple perfectly with just enough of everything we asked for in our previous skype interviews with him. Scott is awesome. Come on, how many grooms write officiant reviews? Truly top tier. Professional, but fun. What more do you want? You absolutely will not be disappointed if you choose Scott. He will tailor the ceremony to your specific requests and make it absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Dwayne M

We found Scott through the recommendation of our venue (Chapel Dulcinea) and he was everything we hoped for, fantastic through every step of the process! We were pretty late on getting started with all the wedding logistics (about three weeks out) but he was able to work with us... Read More to design the wedding of our dreams, all while not feeling rushed. We first filled out a short ‘get-to-know-you’ type document about each of our backgrounds, interests, etc. and then scheduled an hourish long virtual meeting; I had problems with Skype so had to switch over to phone but the sincerity and love for what he does was obvious just from Scott’s voice. He truly does want to help you craft the perfect ceremony, entirely to your wishes, rather than pushing a certain agenda (we’re non-religious). He proposed a variety of various activities for us to do and we eventually chose the “Letters of Affirmation” (where we each wrote a letter to read aloud, without the other person knowing what would be said), “Hand-fastening” (involves tying a knot around each of our joined hands – root of the saying!), and something like ‘the Big Reveal’ (where I had my back turned until a certain moment to see her for the very first time – great photo). He always replied quickly, with genuine warmth in his emails, and complete understanding of our busy schedules. When the big day arrived, he was there almost as early as we were! He talked with us both separately as to the exact logistics and also worked closely with the photographers (Peary Photography, also very good) on setting up the perfect shot opportunities. The ceremony was actually just us (no family or friends, as we wanted to focus 100% on each other) and started off with a few jokes to put us each at ease. He spoke loudly and clearly enough to be heard on my video camera in windy weather and everything went according to plan! He even mailed off our certificate so we didn’t have to worry about is as we finished preparing for the honeymoon. Again, it’s just so clear that Scott loves what he does and was himself thrilled to be part of our special day -- that comes through in both the planning, and performance of, the ceremony and I HIGHLY recommend him.

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Sharon K

We decided to have a small, intimate wedding, but wanted to incorporate our Christian beliefs into the ceremony. How blessed we were to have found Scott. From our very first contact with him, we knew we had found the right guy to help direct us to ensure our ceremony was... Read More perfect. He worked with us on every aspect, right down to the smallest detail. Words cannot express how awesome this man is. He even played his guitar, and sang for us. Our friends and family are still talking about what a beautiful & romantic wedding we had. Thank you again Scott.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Lindsey W

I cannot begin to explain how Scott made our ceremony absolutely perfect in so many different ways!!! Seriously , this wonderful man has not missed his calling on being an amazing officiant. I have been to wedding's that were no where near as interesting as he made our... Read More ceremony. First off , when I reached out to him to interview, I honestly had no idea where to begin ! I had never been married!!! Good thing is , I didn't have to!!! Scott immediately forwarded over 30 attachments , so that I had the ability to personalize my ceremony exactly the way I would dream of it being. He interviewed with my husband and I for two hours over the phone on account that we were 4 hours away from him . He didn't rush getting to truly know us and our love story over the phone. Once he found out my hobby of crafting and my husbands of wood work , he had GREAT recommendations for our big day. Scott suggested I make our fasting cord and my husband craft our wine ceremony box. The fact that he suggested these show how sentimental marriage between 2 people is for him !! We will cherish the things we made for years to come in our marriage. You can definitely tell this is not just a job to him , it's his passion!! On our wedding day I was running late on getting myself and the wedding party ready and he waited oh so patiently . Before I walked down the isle Scott came to my room to go over things again and make sure I was good with them and that I remembered what to do. Even down to the smallest details , like what side my mom needed to sit on in order to not trip on my dress because it was such a happy emotional day for both of us. He involves the guest in your ceremony by speaking to them and not just the bride and groom. I was very Avid on my son being included in my ceremony and Scott was so very patient and accommodating with Zachary!! During pictures he stayed and even jumped up to fix my train to my dress a time or two for our photographer! This man is truly amazing and if you choose for him to officiate your marriage YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! Thank you again Scott from the bottom to the top of mine , Brandon, and Zachary's hearts!!!! We will never forget you!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Gloria S

Scott Payne is an AMAZING officiant and a WONDERFUL person. He was such a joy to work with. He has such a sweet soul and a delightful personality and his work only reflects these wonderful characteristics. He worked with us for many months to develop a ceremony that would... Read More reflect our personalities and heritage and the end result was PERFECT and very us. We translated parts of the ceremony to Spanish and he was super helpful throughout the planning process and gave us great recommendations and was open to all of our changes and additions. Our guests, families and my husband and I absolutely loved Scott and the beautiful ceremony that he prepared for us. There were a lot of laughs and happy tears and nobody got bored. We are sooo happy that Scott married us and we are very very thankful. If you are looking for an officiant in the Austin area, look no further and call Scott he is the BEST!! Thank you soo much Scott, Jorge and I will always have a special place in our hearts for you!! Love, Jorge and Gloria.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Scott S

We met Scott a few weeks before our wedding and knew right away that he would be perfect for officiating the ceremony. His suggestions for how to personalize our wedding helped create a simple but beautiful ceremony. He also imparted incredibly valuable wisdom to my wife and me,... Read More which has already helped us better understand each other, even though we had already been together for six years. Scott's advice has set the foundation for a long and enduring marriage.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Chelsea M

Scott did such an amazing job! He kept the crowd laughing and kept our nerves down because he knew how emotional we were. He personalized our ceremony and it was perfect. Scott was very helpful with any questions we had and always answered promptly. He was so helpful in every... Read More way and had great advice/tips. We were very fortunate to have scott marry us because he was very personable and everyone loved him! HIGHLY RECOMMEND Scott Payne :)

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Trey G

My wife and I fully recommend Scott Payne as he was a key part in making our wedding such a surreal evening! His ceremony was perfect and support along the way made it for a very low pressure day. All of our guests only had positive words regarding Scott's service, pre-dinner... Read More blessing and any other interactions throughout the night. We even noticed in the pictures that he strategically backed out of our first kiss photos so that the natural backdrop was highlighted. What a pro!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Rachel R

Scott was amazing throughout our entire wedding process!! He made our "pre-wedding" meetings fun and beneficial, he is great at communication, and on the wedding day he did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony. He made it a beautiful, fun, and happy ceremony! He included the... Read More crowd in our ceremony and got people smiling and laughing! At the reception we had countless people come up and tell us the ceremony was truly the happiest one they had ever been to..! And our friends and family have been to ALOT of weddings! We did not have someone in our lives who we immediately thought of to be our minister which is why we turned to theknot to help us choose one. I am SO glad we chose Scott. He made us feel special and not just like "another client". You will not be disappointed with Scott! :)

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Kelsey C

Scott was amazing! We loved having him officiate and give the blessing at the reception. Several of our guests commented on how great he was. He gets everyone involved and really helps keep the nerves to a minimum. He had also been to the venue we were at and had some good ideas... Read More for photos that were specific to that location. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a fun and personal ceremony. We planned our whole wedding remotely and he was incredibly helpful and accommodating despite our limitations.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Helen L

Scott was the perfect minister for our wedding. He is so personable and really took the time to get to know us and our love story. My husband and I were planning long distance so Scott was nice enough to skype with us and after speaking with him it was an easy choice. He sent... Read More us many suggestions for the ceremony including verses, prayers, vow options, etc. so we were able to customize our ceremony exactly how we wanted. He confirmed all the details the week before then met with my husband and I separately before the wedding to review and make sure we felt comfortable. We were so happy he stayed for dinner and said the blessing. What a genuine soul and lovely person. You will be so happy if you choose him to perform your ceremony. Look no further!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Shannon H

I cannot begin to express how amazing Scott was as our officiant. After reading countless reviews, I knew he was the one. This thought was solidified when he laughed at a "goof" my then fiance had in some paperwork we submitted. Needless to say, we both felt incredibly... Read More comfortable with Scott after he accepted us for our quirky ways. He made the best day of our lives better than we could have imagined. Everyone loved him and the excitement he brought. If you're looking for someone who will go above and beyond to make sure you're as happy as can be - Scott is your guy! Thank you Scott for making this day everything we could have ever imagined.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Melissa D

Scott you are Awesome Awesome Awesome!! We had an out of town wedding in Dripping Springs and we were looking for a minister that would complement the both of us, we wanted someone who was friendly, funny and personable and that's exactly what we got. After speaking with Scott... Read More over the phone I booked him immediately, no question about it! We live about 3 hours from the Dripping Springs area and on our own choosing decided to drive out for the weekend so we could meet him. I'm so glad that we did we sat and had coffee and talked with him for a cupple hours, it felt like we had been friends for years. He has so many ideas for your ceremony and what he wants most is for it to complement you!! Day of wedding he had it all under control he was right there to fix what I had forgotten ( which was quite a few things) my family and friends raved about how great he was personally and with the way he performed the ceremony had everyone laughing and later trying not to cry. Scott was also able to attend our reception on the roof top of Trudy's for a bit. I couldn't be happier with my choice and I know you would feel the same way because he's just that great at what he does. We didn't have a "stranger" marry us we had a friend, and you can't find that everywhere. Thank you so much Scott for your love and devotion for making wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Linda N

We were so lucky to find Scott! He is absolutely AMAZING! When we first met Scott, we knew he would be our Officiant. He was SO nice and made us feel comfortable from the start!! We had no idea what to do or even expect during our wedding but he helped us out every step of the... Read More way and answered any questions we had. During the wedding, he was so friendly to every one of our guests that they all felt like they knew him or wondered if he was a family friend of ours. He took what could’ve been a boring and stiff ceremony and it made it so much fun and relaxing. We couldn’t have asked for anyone better to make our day even more special. Thank you for everything you did for us!!

Scott Payne

Minister of 31 yrs. performed 100s of Wedding Ceremonies. Also a pro. singer. Before he met his wife, Scott wrote a duet titled: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True". Following this, he went to a music camp in the Texas Hill Country. For the talent show, he asked a girl to sing his duet with him. Together, they prepared to sing the song but ended up NOT doing so. A year from that date they were married at that camp and sang that song to each other on their wedding day and the Title of the song CAME TRUE: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True"! Since that day, Scott loves Weddings w/ all his heart!