Scott Payne The Knot Tyer!

Helping two become ONE! Scott is an outgoing Texas ordained minister of 33 years who loves collaborating with couples so their dream wedding will come true! Congratulations on your engagement!

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Marble Falls, TX Austin / Hill Country / Fredericksburg (830) 613-8812

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Shana B

Words cannot express how wonderful Scott is, not only as an officiant, but as a person in general. Scott was there for us every step of the way up until the wedding day! He answered all of our questions and any time I started to get nervous about something, he was there to... Read More reassure me and put my mind at ease! He did such an amazing job at our ceremony and made it a nice, comfortable, and humorous experience! He has such a bright personality and I couldn't imagine having anyone else for our wedding day :) It was absolutely perfect. Thank you, Scott!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erica B

Oh my gosh, Scott is a gem! Our wedding coordinator Rachel, recommended Scott to us and boy are we lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony! Scott is AMAZING! Our guests LOVED everything about our ceremony - especially how wonderful Scott is and how great he is at making... Read More people feel relaxed and connected. We spoke with him for over an hour and a half before contracting him for our wedding, and the entire conversation was so easy and natural. He is full of life and truly makes you feel special! Before the wedding, he spoke to both my husband and I separately and went over everything we would need to know, including some fun little tricks to use to make sure we did everything right :) He wasn't sure he was going to stay much past dinner but he ended up staying the entire night - even helping to coordinate our sparkler send-off! He truly is a great person and we are so lucky to have had him officiate our ceremony and celebrate our big day with us. Afterwards he even sent us a copy of the marriage certificate that he mailed in as well as some info on how to change my last name :) We recommend him whole-heartedly and without reservation. Thank you so much Scott for everything - we love you!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Caitlin C

You won’t find anyone better than Scott! When it came time to start looking for an officiant, my (now) Husband’s co-worker recommended Scott, and boy are we glad that he did! We immediately felt at ease and comfortable from the first time we spoke with Scott about our vision for... Read More

the ceremony. He is truly passionate about what he does and goes above and beyond in every way possible to make sure that your wedding day is exactly how you envision it and nothing short of absolutely amazing! After the ceremony when we were taking the bridal party photos, Scott was right there making small tweaks here and there to my veil, flowers, boutonnieres, etc to make sure that everything was perfect for the photographers. AND not only did he officiate our wedding, but he was also the DJ and MC for the reception! We were able to give him a thumb drive of songs that we wanted played and he even took requests and downloaded a few songs on site that he didn’t have. My husband and I both received countless comments from our guests about how great Scott was and we couldn’t agree more! We are so thankful for Scott and his enthusiasm and passion for what he does – our wedding day would not have been the same without him!

Reviewed on 4/18/2018 Rebecca B

I truly don’t know where to start when it comes to Scott. I saw his photo on The Knot and I instantly knew he would be officiating our wedding. His smile was infectious and I immediately felt joy. Upon meeting him, it was like joining up with an old friend. We sat with him for... Read More two hours past our originally scheduled one hour meet. He was incredible!!! We spoke on so many topics, and truly got to know each other. He was beyond personable, kind, and selfless with his time. When going over things for the ceremony it was like he had known Blake and I our whole lives. Getting married can be stressful in general, but planning it yourself can truly be overwhelming. He brought me such peace and comfort at a much needed time in just my overall daily life. Truly, a miraculous person we needed in our lives. Come the day of the ceremony he yet again blew us away. The calmness and laughter he brought was so refreshing and needed. Our entire group of friends and family adored him. He absolutely amazed us all. When you don’t think he can blow you away anymore- HE DOES! He helped us stage photos, sat with family and friends to chat and eat, comforted us and our parents before the ceremony. I really could go on forever! When he went to leave, I’m not sure if I said this out loud but I thought “don’t leave us!!!” He is someone you wish you could spend everyday with. Afterwards he still goes above and beyond by mailing your marriage license for you, sending links about the bride changing her name, resources about staying happy in marriage, etc. He was beyond anything we could have asked for and everything we knew he would be after meeting him and more. He was the beat to the heart of our ceremony, and filled our souls with such happiness. My husband and I couldn’t be more grateful to have had Scott with us on the most special day of our lives and truly believe he will be a soul friend forever. Do not let this one slip away! I cannot recommend him enough. Truly, one of the best people I have ever had the privilege to meet. I honestly want to say so much more, but I want you all to get to know him the way we did and part of that is doing it personally and face to face. It is such a special experience and one I wouldn’t trade for anything. Again, we are so grateful and blessed to have had Scott and couldn’t picture having anyone else with us on our wedding day. Bless you Scott, we truly appreciate you and give you all the love you showed us throughout this process!

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Paige B

Scott helped us tie the knot on March 30th and I was so impressed with our ceremony! He was such a joy to talk to and have make our day even more special than it already was. Everyone loved him and he had a ton of helpful tips. I would highly recommend anyone to hire Scott for... Read More their wedding! I can not wait to share pictures when they come in.

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Lizzie S

Scott was nothing short of ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!! My husband and I were married out in the beautiful Driftwood, TX. We have the incredible fortune to hear about Scott Payne from a friend and let me tell you…He made the day more perfect than we could have ever imagined. From... Read More giving us an absolutely love-filled and gorgeous ceremony, to helping us coordinate pictures and many other duties which he did out of the goodness of his heart so that our wedding day went smoothly. Not to mention, it was FREEZING the day of the wedding and Scott INSISTED on giving me his coat so that I wasn’t cold during our outdoor pictures and reception. I could list millions of other things that made our hearts swell with love, but you just have to experience his kindness and love for yourself to truly understand how wonderful he is. HIGHLY RECOMMEND SCOTT PAYNE!!!! We love him forever!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2018 Jessica L

Once we first met with Scott, we knew right then and there that he would be the perfect officiant for our ceremony. Not only did he keep our ceremony interesting, lively and fun, but our family loved him. He made sure that everyone participated in such an important day in our... Read More lives. He made my husband and I feel so comfortable and made the ceremony so easy. We recommend Scott to anyone looking to have the perfect wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 4/03/2018 Whitney H

What is apparent the first time meeting Scott is that he loves what he does. He brought that enthusiasm to our ceremony and created an atmosphere that was warm and inclusive and made it truly feel like the joining of two families. Scott worked with us as we went through... Read More several drafts of our ceremony script and made welcome suggestions. He guided us, but very much left it for us to shape our ceremony to something unique and meaningful to the both of us. My wife and I live outside the area and could only meet with Scott once before the ceremony. Nonetheless, he felt like a friend guiding us to “I do”. He struck the perfect tone with our small ceremony and brought a level of energy that served to amplify the joy already in the air. Our families even commented on how great he was. It was truly a special day, and he played a role in making it so. He has both our thanks and our upmost recommendation!

Reviewed on 3/28/2018 Erika S

Scott Payne was a fantastic officiant for our wedding on March 18th, 2018. From the very beginning, he provided my husband and I with a wealth of information, including some 40-50 something (!) attachments for ideas on how to personalize our ceremony, resources about... Read More marriage/advice about marriage, even documents about changing the last name. He is also upfront and forthcoming about pricing, how to book, etc, which was very helpful in the early part of the process. Scott helped my husband and I relax throughout the entire planning process and the wedding itself, and truly helped us celebrate our wedding in exactly the way we wanted to by respecting our wishes regarding personalizing our ceremony. He was also very responsive to all of our many questions and requests. He is a funny, kind, and wonderful person to us as well as our family, friends, and all our wedding guests. He even entertained our dog, Cosmo, who was the ringbearer at times during the rehearsal dinner and on the wedding day. I also really love his friendly nature and ability to engage everyone during the ceremony. I could not recommend Scott enough for anyone who is seeking a wedding minister or officiant in the Central Texas area. Scott truly helped us tie the knot!

Reviewed on 3/26/2018 Allie H

Scott was truly amazing! We loved working with him! He made everything so easy and stress free! Truly enjoyed having him!

Reviewed on 3/22/2018 Shannon G

I can NOT say enough good things about Scott. He took the time to get to know us and personalize our ceremony. He took the time to make us both feel comfortable and made our day a lot of fun.

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Raeann J

Scott was the absolute best! He added some humor into the ceremony because my and my now husband were very nervous. He has been so helpful to us since before we even met with him. Once we met him we just knew he was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. We didn’t bother... Read More looking for anyone else! Scott, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything and we can’t thank you enough. If I could post pictures I would!

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Courtney M

Scott was absolutely fantastic! From our introductory phone call, to the wedding, his positive energy was infectious, and his ceremony was heartfelt, spiritual, and full of laughter. He came to see each of us individually right before the ceremony and was a calming presence at a... Read More very nervous time. Our guests loved the ceremony and raved about how great he was!

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Michael D

Scott is just the best. Super helpful at walking us through the ceremony during the rehearsal. It really puts your mind at ease when you have someone like Scott making sure your ceremony goes off without a hitch. Can't thank him enough. Thank you thank you, Scott!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Cathy S

Scott Payne was the best officiant we could have asked for! I was lucky enough to happen upon him by searching for Austin area wedding officiants. I could quickly see from online reviews and all the amazing and helpful content he has on his website that he was, at the least,... Read More very professional. But...I soon found he was far more than that! He is truly good and an expert at this. He blessed us with the most meaningful ceremony we could ever dream of. He helps from the beginning with tips and recommendations on obtaining your marriage license, spends valuable time getting to know you and designing your ceremony to be unique and exactly designed for your wants and needs and continues providing assistance all the way to post ceremony on how to easily change your last name. We can’t believe we were blessed to find him. He’ll always be a special memory of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Amy L

Where to start? Scott was the absolute best! From our first interaction, I knew that he was the perfect man for the job. When we sat down with Scott a few months before the wedding, Scott made us feel so at ease, he is so charismatic and congenial. He also gave us so many... Read More suggestions and options for the ceremony, to where it made it very personalized to who Jonathan and I are as a couple. We really should pay Scott for wedding coordinator fees, because he helped out so much on wedding day. From shooing guests away from the bar and into their seats for the ceremony, to announcing the cake cutting and activities, his ability to project his voice was nothing short of astounding. Scott was so fantastic, we even had some guests try to book him for their wedding at our ceremony! My husband and I are so happy with how our wedding day went, and Scott played such an integral part in making it perfect.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Ali B

Scott is AMAZING! He provides you with so much useful information and is so wonderful! Almost every single one of my guest said how amazing the ceremony was because of Scott. Every time I sent him an email he responded back with a timely manner. He is very reliable, responsible,... Read More and offers a great price! If I could give 10 stars I would!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Danny M

Scott Payne was the minister of our small wedding which consisted of my fiancé, her son and myself. When our photographer canceled at the last moment due to an emergency, Scott rose to the occasion by recruiting a hotel employee to act as our videographer and photographer using... Read More my iPhone X. My fiancé needed assistance with her vail and flower bouquet and she didn’t want me to see her prior to the wedding, so Scott jumped in to help get her with the finishing touches! After the wedding ceremony, Scott stuck around to take more photos while suggesting different scenes and poses. He went WAY beyond the call of duty and spent more time with us to make our day extra special! So needless to say, Scott is top notch and we are forever grateful for him. I recommend him for any wedding, large or small.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Daniela M

Scott is probably one of the sweetest people in this world. When we first approached Scott to interview him to do our wedding, he was very prepared and organized, but the biggest thing for us was how he made us feel right there and then. He has a way with words and can truly... Read More make you feel emotions just in the way he speaks. In the second meeting after deciding to go with Scott, he asked us several questions and from that he was able to create a customized ceremony outline based on what we wanted and how we wanted it. We come from a Hispanic background so to us it was important that we blended both traditional and more modern ideas in the ceremony and Scott was able to do just that. Throughout the 10 months leading to the wedding, my fiance and I met with Scott multiple times over Skype to refine the ceremony Scott had created for us. We reviewed it and refined it multiple times until it was just how we wanted it to be. He really emphasizes how important it is that the ceremony is based on what we wanted. On the big day, Scott was there on time and dressed to impress. He was very prepared, and walked both my fiance and I through the outline and gave us some pointers to calm us down as much as he could. Ever since the wedding we have heard nothing but amazing feedback on Scott and our ceremony. It was filled with laughter, love, and just full of emotion thanks to the way Scott controls his words and enunciation. He is truly amazing. You will not be disappointed if you choose him.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Stephanie R

Fantastic experience, very flexible, accommodating, and helpful. Scott has a wonderful personality and connects well with people even on the initial meeting.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Andrea Graciela D

I was nervouse about our wedding and ceremony until we met Scott. I felt an immediate relief upon talking to him the first time and every time thereafter as he helped us develop our unique union. Scotty helped to incorporate my Venezuelan traditions with my fiance's Scottish... Read More American ones to create a truly one of a kind ceremony. Being married to him was a blessing, and I really do feel like we have a friend in him for life, after all he did for us. Thank you, Scott, for a beautiful wedding, beautiful letter ceremony, and beautiful start to our life together.

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Tiffany S

Scott was amazing! He walked us through every detail from the first phone call. He made sure our ceremony was our own and exactly what we wanted. The day of the ceremony, he spent time with each of us separately to make sure everything was going to be effortless and flawless. He... Read More truly loves what he does and it shows! I cannot recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Roselind A

I can't imagine our ceremony being performed by anyone other than Scott Payne. Our wedding felt like it was designed specifically for us with no other one like it. I've never been to a wedding in which everyone was talking about how awesome the officiant was. During the... Read More ceremony, we laughed and we cried. He involved our guests and they truly felt like part of the ceremony and our lives. There was definitely no boredom or tuning out by our guests during the ceremony. He put everyone at ease whether that be by giving an ice breaker, performing magic tricks or singing. He offered to do absolutely anything we needed. He offered me his coat in 40 degree weather, thought to fix my train when the ceremony started (I didn't have bridesmaids), had a tissue in my hand the second I started to cry and discreetly took it back when it was time for the rings. He thought of everything! He took the time to stay for our post ceremony Christmas party and seemed to really be one of the family. He blessed our meal and performed a wine box ceremony, which was really special to us. He took as much time as needed before, during and after our wedding day to insure everything was exactly as we wanted.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Darrell W

My wife and I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding than Scott Payne. Once we decided to have our wedding at my Aunt's lake house in Spicewood, we began searching for a local officiant. We saw nothing but glowing reviews for Scott, and from the moment we... Read More contacted him, we both knew he was the right one for us. His energy and passion for making our event special was evident in each and every communication we had with him. It was infectious – and got US really excited for all the little things along the way. Leading up the the wedding, he sent over a ton of ideas, extras, suggestions, and example ceremonies (including non-religious ones suitable for us in particular), reminding us that he was there to provide what WE wanted. One of his ideas led us to take a fun day trip to Austin to acquire the much more attractive and modern-looking wedding certificate from Travis county, instead of our local one from Houston. Days before the wedding, he also completely surprised us with a full translation of the ceremony into Russian for my wife's mother to follow along. We planned (and ran) our wedding ourselves. On the day of the wedding, he jumped in and helped out in numerous little ways, including lining our wedding aisle with the rose petals we had set aside for that purpose, and later on, gave fantastic photo suggestions. We had mentioned to him how important it was for us to begin at 11:11 am (on our 11-11-17 wedding date) and he firmly yet clearly guided everyone out to the ceremony when needed so that we began on time. As far as the ceremony, Scott was like an orchestra conductor, guiding everyone in taking breaths and staying present, breaking the ice with lots of humor, and building the emotion of the ceremony to a beautiful crescendo as he pronounced us man and wife. It was beautifully done. The day was as emotional as we had wanted, not just for us, but for our guests. Many people commented on what a great ceremony it was, and that “they were really feeling the love.” My divorced parents even had a moment (beyond their usual civility) of heartfelt appreciation for each other – something that hadn't occurred in decades. And this was due in so small part to the tone that was set – and cultivated – by Scott Payne. Thank you Scott. Seriously – you're the best.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Natalie S

Scott was great! My wife and I were unable to meet him in person before the ceremony as we live out of state but he was very accommodating and we talked through phone and email beforehand. On the day of the ceremony he walked us each through and noted from his previous... Read More experiences the potential difficulties so that we were able to avoid them. Overall he was extremely friendly, professional, and created a great experience that all enjoyed.

Scott Payne

Minister of 33 yrs. performed 100s of Wedding Ceremonies. Also a pro. singer. Before he met his wife, Scott wrote a duet titled: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True". Following this, he went to a music camp in the Texas Hill Country. For the talent show, he asked a girl to sing his duet with him. Together, they prepared to sing the song but ended up NOT doing so. A year from that date they were married at that camp and sang that song to each other on their wedding day and the Title of the song CAME TRUE: "Fulfilled By A Love That's True"! Since that day, Scott loves Weddings w/ all his heart!