Sensational Host

in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Sensational Host Caterers

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

3030 Route 73 N, Maple Shade, NJ
in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Don't have a wedding with out Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Renee D

Can't imagine anything less than a 5-star review for Sensational Host!!!!! Sensational Host was outstanding from our initial contact through the wedding day. We could not be happier with the food, service, and incredible team that guided us through the whole process.... Read More Sensational Hosts wedding menu for the Camden County Boat House was DELICIOUS, modern, fun, flavorful, and completely personalized. Every guest said the food was amazing and it didn't taste like regular "wedding food". Not one person left hungry. We were so fortunate to have Kara and Cory by our sides every step of the way - super responsive, wonderful ideas, great energy and paid attention to every detail. They both went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we visioned. I truly could not have planned our wedding with out them. We felt we were in good hands every step of the way, and knew that on wedding day, our guests would be well taken care of, too. We could not speak higher about Sensational Host and their team, and would recommend them to anyone getting married or hosting an event! Thank you Cory and Kara for giving my Husband and I the wedding of our dreams!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Matt H

Overall excellent experience working with Sensational Host. Our event planners Cory and Kara were very responsive to our needs and questions throughout the wedding planning process. We were very happy with the DJ and cake which were included in the package. The food and service... Read More were both good. When looking at the final invoice cost, and the quality of the food/service we received, I'm definitely glad we decided to go with Sensational Host.

They helped make our day amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Corey and Kara were our planners and they were great! We were impressed with them from the first meeting and they continued to impress us (and eventually our guests). Unlike other caterers we interviewed they worked with us to make our wedding day our own, and didn't just try... Read More to give us the same wedding they gave everybody else. Whenever we came up with an idea, they provided us valuable input on how it could work and offered ideas for tweaking it based on their experienced. We were greatly impressed with both everything they did to make the wedding day our own, and the food! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding day and that is, in large part, due to Sensational Host!

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Alyssa c

Choosing Sensational Host to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We got married on October 17th at The Historic Smithville Mansion. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Sensational Host is a big reason why it was the most perfect day. Through my entire... Read More year of planning Cory and Kara were excellent. Any questions or concerns I had they were both quick answer. Anything that I needed to rent, or wanted to find Kara was on top of it and makes wedding planning easy! I was a little nervous the day of that a lot of stress would fall on me because our wedding was not at your traditional venue. I was WRONG. They did everything for me. Decorated the tent and ceremony exactly the way I wanted it, and they directed the entire ceremony so I did not have to worry about a single thing. Not only are Kara and Cory the best, so is the entire staff. Before and after the ceremony they made sure us and our bridal party always had a drink in hand and I was followed around with a tray of hors d'oeuvres because they wanted to make sure I ate! ( as if I already didn't feel like royalty that day!) At my reception one of my guest was sitting down the whole time due to bad knees. The wait staff quickly picked up on that and served him his drinks all night, and it was really appreciated. Excellent Service. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was!! Sensational Host doesn't just cater and serve your guests food (great food!), they go above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. Thank you Kara, Cory and the Sensational Host team for making our wedding the BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

If your newly engaged, plan your wedding with Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Amanda P

If you looking to plan the wedding of your dreams, then you must work with Sensational Host. We had our event at Collingswood Grand Ballroom, but they work with many beautiful venues in the South Jersey/Philly area. Cory was great at helping us to customize our wedding... Read More package to include all the details we wanted, while staying within our budget. Kara is amazing with details and timelines - she kept us on track, without adding stress. She had great ideas to compliment some of the visions I had for our day and helped add things to our wedding that I never knew I wanted! :) Cory and Kara were always prompt to answer emails and phone calls - which is HUGE when your coordinating all the details involved in a wedding (which was even more than I expected). They helped me with any wedding detail.. even if it had nothing to do with the venue or catering! The wedding night... it was awesome to see every detail come to life. Both the presentation and taste of the food was AMAZING. We received compliments from our guests all night. David was our Maitre'D and he was the best! Not only did he make sure we always had a drink in our hands and a taste of all the different hors d'oeuvres, he even helped with my bustle when my mom was too overwhelmed with happiness to remember what the seamstress taught her! If I could do it all over again... there is not one thing I would change! Thank you to the entire Sensational Host team for making our dream wedding become a reality! xo, Amanda & Bill

Best day of my LIFE!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Lauren N

We had the BEST experience! Our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be and we had no worries of anything going wrong. The music was great, the food exceptional (people are still talking about it), and the service incredible. Everyone was so nice and attentive and not just... Read More to myself and my husband, but to every one of our guests. I am not a planner by any means, and the staff helped me every step of the way and were very patient and kind. We are actually trying to think of another event, obviously smaller scale, that we can use their services again! Great to know they also do corporate events, catering, and other smaller events! Best day of our lives!

Made it easy!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kara K

Kara was great! So easy to communicate with, responded very quickly. They made it so easy to do things through them and only have to make payments though them! Great food! Great service!

Amazing company with excellent staff

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jacqueline T

I recently had my wedding this past September, and Sensational Host catered my event. When I first started talking to the company, my contact was Keegan. He helped me through the tasting process, and kept me informed with everything. After our tasting we canceled all other... Read More appointments with the other catering companies because we knew immediately that Sensational Host was the company we would use. Once signed with Sensational, everything fell into place. Not only do you get above and beyond add-ins on your package, but I also got an amazing wedding planner, Kara. She made the rest of planning my wedding easy and stress-less! No matter what I changed with our wedding she quickly changed things for me in an instant. The day of my wedding I thought I would of been one of the frantic brides, but Kara and Keegan made the day go perfectly! The food was amazing, the staff was amazing, and at the end of the night Sensational Host made my wedding AMAZING!

Great people, poor execution

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Lisa M

We worked with Tyler and Kara. Both very nice and friendly. Easy to work with, very flexible. We just had some mishaps during the actual event. Initially we wanted two bars, but we were talked into one with 2 bartenders, yet there were still long lines. Bartenders ran out of... Read More basics like limes and did not display the liquor so people did not know what we had. One of the pasta station cooks admitted she had never done it before and several guests got cold pasta. We had also requested champagne and wine to be passed around to alleviate some of the bar lines and that was never done. Finally, we have some picky wine people in the family so we made sure to have dessert wine but it was never put out. The room looked beautiful and the food tasted good, but just execution-wise was not what you expect from spending so much money.

2015-07-28T15:13:17 Response from the vendor

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for reviewing us. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and make this right.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Emily M

We are happy to say that we worked with Cory and Kara to plan our July 11th, 2015 wedding. We contacted Sensational Host back in the beginning of 2014, and emailed back and forth to see if they met our requirements for what we were looking for in a caterer. We met with Cory at... Read More the Camden County Boathouse and we were instantly impressed by him. He went through anything and everything we needed to know about S.H. and what they had to offer. We walked out of the Boathouse knowing that we were going to work with them and we couldn't wait to get started. We met a few more times to just go over the details from food, set up, decorations, etc. Eventually we met Kara who, for me as the bride, was more than I could have asked for when it came to a wedding planner/coordinator. When we didn't know what linens to chose, she worked with us to really paint the picture for us. My husband and i are extremely visual people and this whole process was very difficult, not being able to see what we were planning along the way. Kara helped us to understand and "see" what the day was really going to look like. As time went on and I sent about a few hundred emails to Kara and Cory with those "small" questions, they responded every time quickly and clearly. Never making us feel like we were burdening them or asking too many stupid questions. We felt like we were emailing friends of ours to ask for help with something. No question was too small or insignificant. They were always happy and willing to answer any question or concern we had. They always made us feel comfortable and at ease with the entire planning process. When he day finally came, we had nothing to worry about. Cory, Kara, and the entire Sensational Host staff was truly SENSATIONAL. They transformed the Boathouse into a wedding that really tailored to our individual personalities and tastes. From the family picture table, to the guest tables, and the head table, every detail was beyond beautiful, and if it wasn't for them, it wouldn't have looked nearly as great as it did. The bartenders were very friendly, quick getting our guests their drinks, and never let my husband or I go thirsty. Our Maitre'D was so attentive to our needs. We were starving while we were taking pictures with the photographer, so she brought us hors d'oeuvres, then noticed which ones we ate the most of, and brought us more of those. She brought us drinks before our drinks were even finished. She truly made us feel like royalty. The service over all was phenomenal. Our guests were so pleased and so impressed by every detail. Everyone told us how great the waiters/waitresses were and it truly showed. Unfortunately, it was our fault for not contacting the Boathouse ahead of time to see if we could leave our decorations there for the night, but the SH staff was so helpful in packing everything up and helping us get it out onto the bus so we could transport it to the hotel. Overall, if my husband and I were to get married again, we would choose Sensational Host every time, from the food to the service and back again, everything was beyond our expectations and we highly recommend them. Cory, Kara, and the entire Sensational Host staff, we thank you for making our wedding day so special, and one we'll never forget. Wishing you all the best, Brian & Emily Ehret

2015-07-24T09:20:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily and Brian! We had a blast working with you from the start and your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Best of luck to you both from the SenHost team!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Kimberly C

I was actually very exciting about working with Sensational Host. I've read amazing things about them, and was looking forward to them planning my wedding! My fiancé was actually the one to contact them first. He was working with Tyler and trying to find a time to tour the... Read More Camden County Boathouse. Unfortunately, my hours at work are awful so it was hard to schedule a time... but it seemed like they weren't really trying to work with us either. I get that they're busy, believe me- but since then we haven't received any form of contact. Looks like we will be going with another caterer, unfortunately.

Made Everything Easy

Reviewed on 4/02/2015

From start to finish, our experience with Sensational Host was smooth as silk. Our contact person was Kara - she answered all our questions and made everything much less nerve wracking. I felt confident knowing that whatever I threw her way, she would handle. The food was... Read More delicious and at the tasting, they took detailed notes of what we did or did not like and adjusted accordingly. Everyone at the reception raved about the food! The actual event ran smoothly; Kara and her team made sure we were well attended to. It felt great having someone to go to with any questions or concerns at the venue. We definitely felt cared for and pampered! Add delicious food to that and I don't know why you'd go anywhere else!!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Jasmine R

We loved working with Sensational Host from beginning to end. Our point of contact was Kara, who I wanted to hug by the end of the event. She was super responsive and organized, and she treated our wedding with the same care as if it were her own. The day of staff was also... Read More fantastic, even wrangling vendors to get pricing to add extra time on to the event and sending us off with a to go bag of meals and cupcakes. They were all truly amazing. Of course there was the important part of the food, which was great, in addition to innovative options like a craft beer and slider station (which we jumped all over). We had such a fantastic experience and are so thankful to Sensational Host for making our day amazing!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Moira T

Sensational Host is wonderful! Cory and his team worked with us to plan a beautiful wedding. They answered all our questions in a timely manner and provided guidance and recommendations as the wedding approached. On the wedding day, SH handled everything!!! Their wedding day... Read More staff was helpful, experienced and happy.

We Loved Our Caterer!

Reviewed on 12/24/2014 Sarah B

Wanting a custom menu for our wedding and expecting exceptional customer service, we found Sensational Host to be the best choice at the most reasonable, competative price. From creating our ideal menu and helping coordinate the many details a wedding requires, the staff was... Read More always professional, helpful, and friendly with thier quick responses. On the day of, everything went 100% smoothly and they were integral in the our succesful wedding day. We cannot reccomend this company highly enough!

A. Maz. Ing.

Reviewed on 12/20/2014 Marcie S

I don't even know where to begin. From the first emails, Keegan was amazing. He worked to make sure that the vision I had for my wedding was carried out to the last detail. From sitting down and creating our custom menu to the additions or take aways I later requested.... Read More Everything was handled professionally and quickly and every question was answered and all fears reassured. Johanna was amazing! Knowledgeable and worked her best to make sure I always had a drink in my hand and she reaaaaaly tried to make me eat (The most delicious curried chick pea fritters EVER! I could have eaten them all day) and most importantly that I enjoy the night without a worry about anything. Thank God for her quick thinking and stepping up-- when our venue wanted to throw away our accessories (some very sentimental) she took responsibility for them and made sure of their safe return to my husband and I. DELICIOUS Food, Amazing employees, and stress free planning execution of events. I mean, what else do you really need? Thank you Thank you Thank you will be lifelong repeat customers!

Just perfect!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Ashley C

Sensational Host was wonderful. They are so reasonably priced for everything I could have wanted at my wedding. I never had to worry about a thing because throughout the entire process Cory and Kara were just absolutely wonderful. They made it happen and put me completely at... Read More ease throughout the entire process; very accommodating. Additionally, I never even had a worry in the world on my wedding day because it was all taken care of perfectly. Highly recommend!

Simply Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Sensational Host catered my wedding this fall and they were absolutely amazing. Their wedding packages include everything we needed which was such a big help. The package we went with included wedding cake, DJ, centerpieces and full bar. It was so nice because they coordinated... Read More with all of our other vendors to help make the day go smoothly. It has been over a month since my wedding and I still have people telling me how good the food was. I would highly recommend Sensational Host to anyone and everyone

Groom of my wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Louis

My wife and I got married in August. This was a new venue for Sensational Host and they did a fabulous job organizing and preparing for our special day. We met and spoke to Tyler numerous times before our wedding and we felt confident that he would do a wonderful job. Many of... Read More our guests commented that the food was very good and there was more than enough for everyone. The bartender was quick, thorough and friendly. Our wedding day went smoothly (minus the rain during our ceremony) and we are thankful to Sensational Host for playing a big role in making our wedding day so memorable.

October 2014 wedding at Smithville Mansion

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Sarah G

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much to Cory, Kara & Johanna for making our wedding day perfect!!! From day one, everyone at Sensational Host was extremely helpful and kind, especially with all of my non-stop emails :) Everything was planned exactly the way I wanted it. Even the rain... Read More and damp day of couldn't get these guys down. They did everything they could up until the last minute to ensure that our day went off without a hitch and was still just as beautiful as we had planned. Thank you again so much for making this a day to remember!!!! Love, Sarah & Clint

Truly Sensational

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Danamarie D

I simply cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. Based on reviews that I have read, I knew I wanted to have Sensational Host plan and execute my wedding. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, a lot of decisions, a lot of stress, and a lot of balls juggling in... Read More the air. All who were involved in my special day helped make everything beautiful and memorable. I had the best time of my life at my wedding, but from the time the cocktail hour started to the very end of the reception every conversation I had with my guests was about how impressed they were with the whole event, especially the food. The food is AMAZING. We were so well taken care of, as were our parents and all of our guests! They are amazing to work with, always available and unbelievably accommodating! To this day, family and friends still bring up the wedding because they have never experienced such an "over the top" event.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Sarah D

We were referred to Sensational Host by a friend and are so happy that we were! They helped us visit 4 different venues going through all the options at each. Once we picked the venue we wanted, our event planners Tyler and Becca helped us with all the details (which was a bit... Read More overwhelming at first). Our tasting was amazing, the food was so good! We are still getting comments from friends and family about the food. Tyler and Becca really made the whole planning process easier than we thought. Thank you so much Tyler and Becca!

Fabulous catering service

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

From the moment we walked into Sensational Host, we were welcomed with open arms. Cory and Kara were incredibly accommodating to our needs. The planning of our wedding was incredibly effortless thanks to the professionalism and knowledge of Cory and Kara. The execution of the... Read More wedding reception was flawless due in great part of the service staff such as Ron the chef, Alicia, the maitre d', and all the kitchen staff and servers involved in the set up and serving of the buffet food. Our day was smooth and drama free. Thank you for making our special day a huge success.

Service + Food that was Above + Beyond!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Nerrisa W

Where do I even begin? Cory and his team were completely amazing throughout the entire planning process. I was introduced to Sensational Host through my wedding planner, Truly You Events, and from that point on, Cory was super responsive to every email and was completely... Read More flexible and accommodating to everything my fiancé (now husband) and I were envisioning for the day. Our outdoor tent wedding took place on September 13 at the Chapel at Sandy Hook. He and his team spent the day setting up in the rain and then didn't miss a beat when the power went out for 20 minutes! They served dinner in the dark and kept the evening moving smoothly... I'm not sure many others could have handled it the same!! Above all, the quality of the food was amazing. I'm still getting comments from guests two weeks later raving about how much they enjoyed their dinner. I can’t thank Sensational Hosts enough for their remarkable service. I can’t wait to attend another wedding that they’re catering! Thank you, Cory!!! Nerrisa & Josh

Good job!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014

We had a very good experience using Sensational Hosts. Once we were hooked up with our personal planner, we felt at ease as she was very helpful. They took care of everything at the wedding and set everything up that we wanted-down to our most insane detail! The food was... Read More great and service wonderful. Would definitely recommend.