Sensational Host

in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Sensational Host Caterers

For over 35 years, Sensational Host Caterers has had the privilege to help couples plan their dream weddings. Take a tour through one of our 19 venues in South Jersey & Philadelphia to find the perfect space! Honored with the awards of the Knot's Best of Weddings & Best of South Jersey!

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

3030 Route 73 N, Maple Shade, NJ in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area. (888) 215-7388

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elizabeth L

AMAZING! I was a bit nervous since we started with Tyler, then had Morgan and finally ended with Kelley as our coordinator. KELLEY WAS PHENOMENAL! She made everything, and I mean everything simple for us! I met with her about two weeks before the wedding to give the final head... Read More count and go over the final details. Kelley took everything that we wanted and made it our dream reception AND MORE! The food was amazing! We had a serve that was solely making sure we the bride and groom were taken care of and made sure we ate! The staff was friendly and kind! They even sent us on our way with plates of food!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Kelsey O

We just used Sensational Host as our wedding caterer at Johnson's Locust Hall Farm and were BLOWN. AWAY. Chelsea, our point of contact, is an absolutely incredible person. She has an amazing attention to detail, an endless amount of patience, and truly listened to our wants and... Read More concerns. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I hope to have future events to plan with her! We love you Chelsea!! The food itself was AMAZING. When we went for our tasting they had greeted us at the door with a sign congratulating our engagement, champagne for us to toast to, and all of the table setting options we could ever wish to design with! The food was just unbelievable. We had the goat cheese stuffed chicken and have craved it so intensely that we have plans to request that dish from S.H. every year on our anniversary! They were also so excited to help us customize our menu to fit US. I hate BBQ but love pierogis - so she made us a pierogi BAR! And whats more of a crowd pleaser than that? A mashed potato bar... in martini glasses.. MASHTINIS! The food was fun, delicious, and a huge hit! And on to the lovely Bridget... Bridget, we love you. You were the best wedding event coordinator we could have ever asked for. She kept me calm when a thunder storm opened up at the start of the ceremony, handled all details with our venue contact, and kept us on time and focused. She was a beautiful soul that I couldn't have gotten married without. So if you want a caterer that cares, Sensational Host is the company to hire! Thank you all again for all your hard work!!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Monica Y

When we were deciding who to go with, we went with sensational host because of Des who was there at the time and assured me that everything was going to be fine and that she would stick it out with me till the end. A couple months in, we get an email that she is no longer with... Read More the company. I was very upset that all they did was send an email and no one else contacted me for months. Normally, this should result in a phone call as we were deep in planning the wedding. This was a stressful time where we paid a deposit and wanted someone to help us along the way as this was our first and only wedding and we were spending so much money with them. Finally, after countless emails and phone calls, someone got back to us who was the manager. As time went on we were dealing with 2 ladies (who I think were new or didn't know what they were doing). They set a timeline but wouldn't follow it. I needed the table numbers for my name cards and they told me they would give it to me but never did. And then when asked for it again they told me to create my own table numbers as a template and send it to them. They told us that the final headcount would be 2 weeks before the wedding and that it was final. They asked for the headcount a week before the wedding. Also they said that all final payments were needed 2 weeks before the wedding as well. I ended up calling them myself 3 days before the wedding asking them if they wanted the final check. During the walk through they were late and tried to play it off as that was the scheduled time. How inappropriate! ********Lastly, they told me that no employees were allowed to touch the card box and they did and we were missing $2,000 dollars. We had to call the guests who didn't give anything which is very embarrassing for the guests and for us. And not only did they not do ANYTHING about it but they were also not considerate and just that they knew their employees didn't do it. So sorry. Then they asked me if I wanted to interview every employee that was at the wedding. How might this help me? This is the not the way I wanted to be treated as a customer from the very beginning when this is one of the largest purchases made for my one day wedding. Very frustrating company to work with. Hire and train better employees. This is also a stressful time for the bride and groom. Just be careful with the details because they were not detail oriented and they went back on their word.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Tiffany C

Our contact at Sensational Host was Cory and he was absolutely amazing! He met us at our venue (Camden County Boathouse) and gave us a tour and really helped us to see exactly how our wedding day would look and how the day would flow. Cory provided us with a timeline of when we... Read More had to get everything done, which was so helpful because I had no idea where to start! Sensational Host provides the DJ and the Bakery which made things so much easier for me! I cannot even say enough good things about the food!!! Our wedding flowed perfectly and I never felt stressed during the planning process and that was all thanks to Cory and Chelsea at Sensational Hosts!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kendra B

We used SenHost for our wedding in Sept 2016. We met the team just 6 months before the wedding, and wanted a backyard barn wedding with our own genuine touch plus some true elegance. Not only did Cory & Chelsea make the process fun and smooth, but they truly made this unique... Read More combination come to life with their creativity, professionalism and wow-- the food was amazing. We were able to serve 150 people lobster & filet, outside, under the stars with our own personal beer garden and elegant barn table setting. The staff was warm, easy, professional but mostly, -- SenHost made the process smooth and wonderful. I would not just recommend them, I would say you would be crazy to go anywhere else. They truly get it. Thank you SenHost.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Arielle B

EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING! Kara and Cory were so accommodating and made us feel like we were their one and only wedding (even though we were far from it). All of our guests said the food was unbelievable, which it was. And you can't beat their prices! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Erica B

There is a lot of positive things to say about Sensational Host. But let's start with the good stuff: the food. I had been excited about the food at our wedding for over a year after we had our tasting. The selection hors d'oeuvres is really expansive and there is something for... Read More everyone. Plus they can craft a more seasonal menu if that's what you want and really work with you to make things just to your preference. The entrees on the day-of were actually mind-blowing. The serving sizes are more than generous and everything was so wonderfully seasoned and creative enough that it wasn't just "wedding food" but still wasn't enough to scare pickier eaters. The most memorable dish for me was the strip steak. That thing was massive, and they were perfectly cooked. I managed to talk to a few guests who all agreed. The crab cakes were also really stunning. Another important thing to note about Sensational Host is the service. This really truly is one of the most professional services in the Philadelphia area. Working with Cory and Chelsea over the last year and a half was so effortless, so easy going. We spent a lot of time thinking "are we missing something?" because the process was so easy! They were quick to respond to anything, and on the day-of we had absolutely nothing to worry about at the venue. We literally just showed up and everything was done and perfect. The catering staff itself was also really wonderful. The servers, bartenders and our were all a ton of fun to be around. They were super friendly, fun and great company to be around, and a lot of them remembered us from the times we had been around Sen. Host for meetings and what-not, so it felt like a really personal experience. Our guests have since told me they enjoyed dancing with a few of the servers too so I know they appreciated the company as well. Sensational Host was perfect for us because it is such a professional, well-composed team at a price that didn't blow our budget. They made our day so worry free and fun and they made planning the wedding fun too. We were fully prepared for this process to be stressful and difficult, but we quickly learned that when you've got the right team helping you, it's one of the best things you'll ever do!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Maegan R

Sensational Host did an Awesome job with our wedding! It felt like they were a part of the family and not just workers! Cory was very responsive whenever we had questions and even put up with our many mind changes! Also the food, well that was just delicious..not one food was... Read More undesirable!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Bethany F

Wow. We cannot get over how perfect our wedding day was. And we really owe it all to Morgan and her crew at Sensational Host. Morgan was meticulously organized and made the planning stress disappear, no matter how many late night emails we exchanged. The day of was no different:... Read More we were able to be calm and fully present knowing that our day was in their hands. Every person on staff was professional and extremely attentive; not only to the wedding party but the guests as well. Our family and guests cannot stop raving about the fantastic food and service. You can do no wrong with Sensational Host. They are clearly the best at what they do and because of them our day was PERFECT.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Rachael K

We were pleasantly surprised at the experience we had with Sensational host!! With the very reasonable rate we had for our wedding day, we have continued receiving so much feedback on how amazing the food was at our wedding. Morgan was beyond a pleasure to work with and... Read More extremely helpful in guiding us through the planning of our day. I can't express enough how appreciative we are at how amazing everything turned out on our day. I have already recommended them to a few friends planning their upcoming weddings in the new year.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Antonia A

We worked with Tyler and Morgan for our wedding and were very pleased with their service. We loved that Sensational Host had us for a tasting before we booked, and we went with them when we saw the unique menu they offered. What we particularly liked was that higher quality... Read More items weren't an additional cost, as they had been at other caterers. Plus, they included the cake and DJ in their package that made their services a great value. Our guests were thrilled with the food, as were we. Morgan worked hard the day of to get the venue ready, and was very organized in planning the event in the months leading up to it. Our maître d' for the evening, Britt, was an absolute boss. Britt essentially waited on us hand and foot and made the night go so smoothly. Overall, we were super pleased with Sensational Host's services.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Alexandra V

We were so thrilled with working with Sensational Host and their team (Cory and Chelsea) as they were just beyond outstanding. Over a year ago we met them through a single phone call. We had actually used them 28 years ago for our wedding when they were known as Perfect Host and... Read More here they were supporting out daughter's wedding. We also used them for a holiday party and engagement party as we wanted to make sure they were good and instead they were amazing. Great team service and so patience with working with us on developing the best evening for our daughter and son in law. We loved the food tasting pre wedding activity and endless meetings to go over the fine details of our wedding at Cairnwood Estates. Their family business is great and we highly recommend them to all.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Haley D

My husband and I got married at Cairnwood estate on May 27 2016 and we could not be happier with how our day turned out! I want to thank Morgan andTyler for making sure everything ran perfectly! It was absolutely a fairytale come true! Even almost two months later I get... Read More butterflies thinking about how wonderful our day was and it would not have been possible without Morgan and Tyler and the entire staff at sensational host! The food was amazing!!!!! Our guests even weeks after were saying how delicious everything was and also how perfect of a day it was! So thank you for making our wedding day dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

We chose Sensational Host as our caterer and they did not disappoint. The food was great and so were Tyler and Morgan. They also had a Krispy Kreme donut station for a dessert option and everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Aubrey S

I got married at Cairnwood Estate April 22, and I am still on cloud nine a week later. Sensational Host did everything to make it the perfect day. Special shout out to Morgan and Tyler for making sure that the day went smoothly, down to every last detail! Tyler spent time... Read More picking up every last piece of confetti, and Morgan sat with my mom for 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect. That's just to name a few things! Chris, my maitre'd was the most genuine guy I've ever met and would do anything to make my husband and I happy-- (not many people would follow us around during pictures to make sure we had food and drinks) YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Thank you for being the part of the best day of my life. I would absolutely recommend Sensational Host to any newly engaged couple. We love you!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Louise O

Great staff, amazing hosts they were right there when I needed them and made everything perfect! The food was delicious! Anyone getting married must book with Sensational host!!!

2016-04-14T10:59:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Jenn J

Sensational Host was absolutely amazing. I don't have a single bad thing to say about them. We went in with a budget and they helped us get to that mark with ease. Cory and Kara walked me through every step and kept me updated with any changes, payments, or important dates along... Read More the way. Contacting them was so easy, if I asked a question they got back to me that day or early the next.. It was just so easy dealing with the them haha! I had 260 people at my wedding and everything went off perfectly. The day of my wedding I didn't have to do anything, they made sure everything was the way I asked it to be from from timing to decorations to service. And everyone raved about the food!!! It was soooo good!! It was perfect. Thanks Sensational Host!!!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Jason P

Service was outstanding!!!

Best Full Service Catering!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Dorcas T

Sensational Host went above and beyond our expectations on our wedding day! From day one our event managers were a pleasure to work with - they answered all my questions ( and I was a bride with a lot of questions and attention to detail!). I also didn't have a wedding planner,... Read More which was ok because Sensational Host not only catered our event but it was like having a wedding planner also! They took just as much care to each detail that I did and it showed. They transformed our venue, provided an excellent and attentive staff for our event, and the food was INCREDIBLE. We received genuine compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed the food. I am so happy we chose Sensational Host to be part of our wedding day - it was perfect!

Don't have a wedding with out Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Renee D

Can't imagine anything less than a 5-star review for Sensational Host!!!!! Sensational Host was outstanding from our initial contact through the wedding day. We could not be happier with the food, service, and incredible team that guided us through the whole process.... Read More Sensational Hosts wedding menu for the Camden County Boat House was DELICIOUS, modern, fun, flavorful, and completely personalized. Every guest said the food was amazing and it didn't taste like regular "wedding food". Not one person left hungry. We were so fortunate to have Kara and Cory by our sides every step of the way - super responsive, wonderful ideas, great energy and paid attention to every detail. They both went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we visioned. I truly could not have planned our wedding with out them. We felt we were in good hands every step of the way, and knew that on wedding day, our guests would be well taken care of, too. We could not speak higher about Sensational Host and their team, and would recommend them to anyone getting married or hosting an event! Thank you Cory and Kara for giving my Husband and I the wedding of our dreams!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Matt H

Overall excellent experience working with Sensational Host. Our event planners Cory and Kara were very responsive to our needs and questions throughout the wedding planning process. We were very happy with the DJ and cake which were included in the package. The food and service... Read More were both good. When looking at the final invoice cost, and the quality of the food/service we received, I'm definitely glad we decided to go with Sensational Host.

They helped make our day amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Corey and Kara were our planners and they were great! We were impressed with them from the first meeting and they continued to impress us (and eventually our guests). Unlike other caterers we interviewed they worked with us to make our wedding day our own, and didn't just try... Read More to give us the same wedding they gave everybody else. Whenever we came up with an idea, they provided us valuable input on how it could work and offered ideas for tweaking it based on their experienced. We were greatly impressed with both everything they did to make the wedding day our own, and the food! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding day and that is, in large part, due to Sensational Host!

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Alyssa c

Choosing Sensational Host to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We got married on October 17th at The Historic Smithville Mansion. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Sensational Host is a big reason why it was the most perfect day. Through my entire... Read More year of planning Cory and Kara were excellent. Any questions or concerns I had they were both quick answer. Anything that I needed to rent, or wanted to find Kara was on top of it and makes wedding planning easy! I was a little nervous the day of that a lot of stress would fall on me because our wedding was not at your traditional venue. I was WRONG. They did everything for me. Decorated the tent and ceremony exactly the way I wanted it, and they directed the entire ceremony so I did not have to worry about a single thing. Not only are Kara and Cory the best, so is the entire staff. Before and after the ceremony they made sure us and our bridal party always had a drink in hand and I was followed around with a tray of hors d'oeuvres because they wanted to make sure I ate! ( as if I already didn't feel like royalty that day!) At my reception one of my guest was sitting down the whole time due to bad knees. The wait staff quickly picked up on that and served him his drinks all night, and it was really appreciated. Excellent Service. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was!! Sensational Host doesn't just cater and serve your guests food (great food!), they go above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. Thank you Kara, Cory and the Sensational Host team for making our wedding the BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

If your newly engaged, plan your wedding with Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Amanda P

If you looking to plan the wedding of your dreams, then you must work with Sensational Host. We had our event at Collingswood Grand Ballroom, but they work with many beautiful venues in the South Jersey/Philly area. Cory was great at helping us to customize our wedding... Read More package to include all the details we wanted, while staying within our budget. Kara is amazing with details and timelines - she kept us on track, without adding stress. She had great ideas to compliment some of the visions I had for our day and helped add things to our wedding that I never knew I wanted! :) Cory and Kara were always prompt to answer emails and phone calls - which is HUGE when your coordinating all the details involved in a wedding (which was even more than I expected). They helped me with any wedding detail.. even if it had nothing to do with the venue or catering! The wedding night... it was awesome to see every detail come to life. Both the presentation and taste of the food was AMAZING. We received compliments from our guests all night. David was our Maitre'D and he was the best! Not only did he make sure we always had a drink in our hands and a taste of all the different hors d'oeuvres, he even helped with my bustle when my mom was too overwhelmed with happiness to remember what the seamstress taught her! If I could do it all over again... there is not one thing I would change! Thank you to the entire Sensational Host team for making our dream wedding become a reality! xo, Amanda & Bill

Best day of my LIFE!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Lauren N

We had the BEST experience! Our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be and we had no worries of anything going wrong. The music was great, the food exceptional (people are still talking about it), and the service incredible. Everyone was so nice and attentive and not just... Read More to myself and my husband, but to every one of our guests. I am not a planner by any means, and the staff helped me every step of the way and were very patient and kind. We are actually trying to think of another event, obviously smaller scale, that we can use their services again! Great to know they also do corporate events, catering, and other smaller events! Best day of our lives!