Sensational Host

in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

3030 Route 73 N, Maple Shade, NJ
in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Bethany F

Wow. We cannot get over how perfect our wedding day was. And we really owe it all to Morgan and her crew at Sensational Host. Morgan was meticulously organized and made the planning stress disappear, no matter how many late night emails we exchanged. The day of was no different:... Read More we were able to be calm and fully present knowing that our day was in their hands. Every person on staff was professional and extremely attentive; not only to the wedding party but the guests as well. Our family and guests cannot stop raving about the fantastic food and service. You can do no wrong with Sensational Host. They are clearly the best at what they do and because of them our day was PERFECT.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Rachael K

We were pleasantly surprised at the experience we had with Sensational host!! With the very reasonable rate we had for our wedding day, we have continued receiving so much feedback on how amazing the food was at our wedding. Morgan was beyond a pleasure to work with and... Read More extremely helpful in guiding us through the planning of our day. I can't express enough how appreciative we are at how amazing everything turned out on our day. I have already recommended them to a few friends planning their upcoming weddings in the new year.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Antonia A

We worked with Tyler and Morgan for our wedding and were very pleased with their service. We loved that Sensational Host had us for a tasting before we booked, and we went with them when we saw the unique menu they offered. What we particularly liked was that higher quality... Read More items weren't an additional cost, as they had been at other caterers. Plus, they included the cake and DJ in their package that made their services a great value. Our guests were thrilled with the food, as were we. Morgan worked hard the day of to get the venue ready, and was very organized in planning the event in the months leading up to it. Our maître d' for the evening, Britt, was an absolute boss. Britt essentially waited on us hand and foot and made the night go so smoothly. Overall, we were super pleased with Sensational Host's services.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Alexandra V

We were so thrilled with working with Sensational Host and their team (Cory and Chelsea) as they were just beyond outstanding. Over a year ago we met them through a single phone call. We had actually used them 28 years ago for our wedding when they were known as Perfect Host and... Read More here they were supporting out daughter's wedding. We also used them for a holiday party and engagement party as we wanted to make sure they were good and instead they were amazing. Great team service and so patience with working with us on developing the best evening for our daughter and son in law. We loved the food tasting pre wedding activity and endless meetings to go over the fine details of our wedding at Cairnwood Estates. Their family business is great and we highly recommend them to all.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Haley D

My husband and I got married at Cairnwood estate on May 27 2016 and we could not be happier with how our day turned out! I want to thank Morgan andTyler for making sure everything ran perfectly! It was absolutely a fairytale come true! Even almost two months later I get... Read More butterflies thinking about how wonderful our day was and it would not have been possible without Morgan and Tyler and the entire staff at sensational host! The food was amazing!!!!! Our guests even weeks after were saying how delicious everything was and also how perfect of a day it was! So thank you for making our wedding day dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

We chose Sensational Host as our caterer and they did not disappoint. The food was great and so were Tyler and Morgan. They also had a Krispy Kreme donut station for a dessert option and everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Aubrey S

I got married at Cairnwood Estate April 22, and I am still on cloud nine a week later. Sensational Host did everything to make it the perfect day. Special shout out to Morgan and Tyler for making sure that the day went smoothly, down to every last detail! Tyler spent time... Read More picking up every last piece of confetti, and Morgan sat with my mom for 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect. That's just to name a few things! Chris, my maitre'd was the most genuine guy I've ever met and would do anything to make my husband and I happy-- (not many people would follow us around during pictures to make sure we had food and drinks) YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Thank you for being the part of the best day of my life. I would absolutely recommend Sensational Host to any newly engaged couple. We love you!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Louise O

Great staff, amazing hosts they were right there when I needed them and made everything perfect! The food was delicious! Anyone getting married must book with Sensational host!!!

2016-04-14T10:59:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Jenn J

Sensational Host was absolutely amazing. I don't have a single bad thing to say about them. We went in with a budget and they helped us get to that mark with ease. Cory and Kara walked me through every step and kept me updated with any changes, payments, or important dates along... Read More the way. Contacting them was so easy, if I asked a question they got back to me that day or early the next.. It was just so easy dealing with the them haha! I had 260 people at my wedding and everything went off perfectly. The day of my wedding I didn't have to do anything, they made sure everything was the way I asked it to be from from timing to decorations to service. And everyone raved about the food!!! It was soooo good!! It was perfect. Thanks Sensational Host!!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Jason P

Service was outstanding!!!

Best Full Service Catering!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Dorcas T

Sensational Host went above and beyond our expectations on our wedding day! From day one our event managers were a pleasure to work with - they answered all my questions ( and I was a bride with a lot of questions and attention to detail!). I also didn't have a wedding planner,... Read More which was ok because Sensational Host not only catered our event but it was like having a wedding planner also! They took just as much care to each detail that I did and it showed. They transformed our venue, provided an excellent and attentive staff for our event, and the food was INCREDIBLE. We received genuine compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed the food. I am so happy we chose Sensational Host to be part of our wedding day - it was perfect!

Don't have a wedding with out Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Renee D

Can't imagine anything less than a 5-star review for Sensational Host!!!!! Sensational Host was outstanding from our initial contact through the wedding day. We could not be happier with the food, service, and incredible team that guided us through the whole process.... Read More Sensational Hosts wedding menu for the Camden County Boat House was DELICIOUS, modern, fun, flavorful, and completely personalized. Every guest said the food was amazing and it didn't taste like regular "wedding food". Not one person left hungry. We were so fortunate to have Kara and Cory by our sides every step of the way - super responsive, wonderful ideas, great energy and paid attention to every detail. They both went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we visioned. I truly could not have planned our wedding with out them. We felt we were in good hands every step of the way, and knew that on wedding day, our guests would be well taken care of, too. We could not speak higher about Sensational Host and their team, and would recommend them to anyone getting married or hosting an event! Thank you Cory and Kara for giving my Husband and I the wedding of our dreams!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Matt H

Overall excellent experience working with Sensational Host. Our event planners Cory and Kara were very responsive to our needs and questions throughout the wedding planning process. We were very happy with the DJ and cake which were included in the package. The food and service... Read More were both good. When looking at the final invoice cost, and the quality of the food/service we received, I'm definitely glad we decided to go with Sensational Host.

They helped make our day amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Corey and Kara were our planners and they were great! We were impressed with them from the first meeting and they continued to impress us (and eventually our guests). Unlike other caterers we interviewed they worked with us to make our wedding day our own, and didn't just try... Read More to give us the same wedding they gave everybody else. Whenever we came up with an idea, they provided us valuable input on how it could work and offered ideas for tweaking it based on their experienced. We were greatly impressed with both everything they did to make the wedding day our own, and the food! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding day and that is, in large part, due to Sensational Host!

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Alyssa c

Choosing Sensational Host to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We got married on October 17th at The Historic Smithville Mansion. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Sensational Host is a big reason why it was the most perfect day. Through my entire... Read More year of planning Cory and Kara were excellent. Any questions or concerns I had they were both quick answer. Anything that I needed to rent, or wanted to find Kara was on top of it and makes wedding planning easy! I was a little nervous the day of that a lot of stress would fall on me because our wedding was not at your traditional venue. I was WRONG. They did everything for me. Decorated the tent and ceremony exactly the way I wanted it, and they directed the entire ceremony so I did not have to worry about a single thing. Not only are Kara and Cory the best, so is the entire staff. Before and after the ceremony they made sure us and our bridal party always had a drink in hand and I was followed around with a tray of hors d'oeuvres because they wanted to make sure I ate! ( as if I already didn't feel like royalty that day!) At my reception one of my guest was sitting down the whole time due to bad knees. The wait staff quickly picked up on that and served him his drinks all night, and it was really appreciated. Excellent Service. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was!! Sensational Host doesn't just cater and serve your guests food (great food!), they go above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. Thank you Kara, Cory and the Sensational Host team for making our wedding the BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

If your newly engaged, plan your wedding with Sensational Host

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Amanda P

If you looking to plan the wedding of your dreams, then you must work with Sensational Host. We had our event at Collingswood Grand Ballroom, but they work with many beautiful venues in the South Jersey/Philly area. Cory was great at helping us to customize our wedding... Read More package to include all the details we wanted, while staying within our budget. Kara is amazing with details and timelines - she kept us on track, without adding stress. She had great ideas to compliment some of the visions I had for our day and helped add things to our wedding that I never knew I wanted! :) Cory and Kara were always prompt to answer emails and phone calls - which is HUGE when your coordinating all the details involved in a wedding (which was even more than I expected). They helped me with any wedding detail.. even if it had nothing to do with the venue or catering! The wedding night... it was awesome to see every detail come to life. Both the presentation and taste of the food was AMAZING. We received compliments from our guests all night. David was our Maitre'D and he was the best! Not only did he make sure we always had a drink in our hands and a taste of all the different hors d'oeuvres, he even helped with my bustle when my mom was too overwhelmed with happiness to remember what the seamstress taught her! If I could do it all over again... there is not one thing I would change! Thank you to the entire Sensational Host team for making our dream wedding become a reality! xo, Amanda & Bill

Best day of my LIFE!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Lauren N

We had the BEST experience! Our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be and we had no worries of anything going wrong. The music was great, the food exceptional (people are still talking about it), and the service incredible. Everyone was so nice and attentive and not just... Read More to myself and my husband, but to every one of our guests. I am not a planner by any means, and the staff helped me every step of the way and were very patient and kind. We are actually trying to think of another event, obviously smaller scale, that we can use their services again! Great to know they also do corporate events, catering, and other smaller events! Best day of our lives!

Made it easy!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kara K

Kara was great! So easy to communicate with, responded very quickly. They made it so easy to do things through them and only have to make payments though them! Great food! Great service!

Amazing company with excellent staff

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jacqueline T

I recently had my wedding this past September, and Sensational Host catered my event. When I first started talking to the company, my contact was Keegan. He helped me through the tasting process, and kept me informed with everything. After our tasting we canceled all other... Read More appointments with the other catering companies because we knew immediately that Sensational Host was the company we would use. Once signed with Sensational, everything fell into place. Not only do you get above and beyond add-ins on your package, but I also got an amazing wedding planner, Kara. She made the rest of planning my wedding easy and stress-less! No matter what I changed with our wedding she quickly changed things for me in an instant. The day of my wedding I thought I would of been one of the frantic brides, but Kara and Keegan made the day go perfectly! The food was amazing, the staff was amazing, and at the end of the night Sensational Host made my wedding AMAZING!

Great people, poor execution

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Lisa M

We worked with Tyler and Kara. Both very nice and friendly. Easy to work with, very flexible. We just had some mishaps during the actual event. Initially we wanted two bars, but we were talked into one with 2 bartenders, yet there were still long lines. Bartenders ran out of... Read More basics like limes and did not display the liquor so people did not know what we had. One of the pasta station cooks admitted she had never done it before and several guests got cold pasta. We had also requested champagne and wine to be passed around to alleviate some of the bar lines and that was never done. Finally, we have some picky wine people in the family so we made sure to have dessert wine but it was never put out. The room looked beautiful and the food tasted good, but just execution-wise was not what you expect from spending so much money.

2015-07-28T15:13:17 Response from the vendor

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for reviewing us. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and make this right.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Emily M

We are happy to say that we worked with Cory and Kara to plan our July 11th, 2015 wedding. We contacted Sensational Host back in the beginning of 2014, and emailed back and forth to see if they met our requirements for what we were looking for in a caterer. We met with Cory at... Read More the Camden County Boathouse and we were instantly impressed by him. He went through anything and everything we needed to know about S.H. and what they had to offer. We walked out of the Boathouse knowing that we were going to work with them and we couldn't wait to get started. We met a few more times to just go over the details from food, set up, decorations, etc. Eventually we met Kara who, for me as the bride, was more than I could have asked for when it came to a wedding planner/coordinator. When we didn't know what linens to chose, she worked with us to really paint the picture for us. My husband and i are extremely visual people and this whole process was very difficult, not being able to see what we were planning along the way. Kara helped us to understand and "see" what the day was really going to look like. As time went on and I sent about a few hundred emails to Kara and Cory with those "small" questions, they responded every time quickly and clearly. Never making us feel like we were burdening them or asking too many stupid questions. We felt like we were emailing friends of ours to ask for help with something. No question was too small or insignificant. They were always happy and willing to answer any question or concern we had. They always made us feel comfortable and at ease with the entire planning process. When he day finally came, we had nothing to worry about. Cory, Kara, and the entire Sensational Host staff was truly SENSATIONAL. They transformed the Boathouse into a wedding that really tailored to our individual personalities and tastes. From the family picture table, to the guest tables, and the head table, every detail was beyond beautiful, and if it wasn't for them, it wouldn't have looked nearly as great as it did. The bartenders were very friendly, quick getting our guests their drinks, and never let my husband or I go thirsty. Our Maitre'D was so attentive to our needs. We were starving while we were taking pictures with the photographer, so she brought us hors d'oeuvres, then noticed which ones we ate the most of, and brought us more of those. She brought us drinks before our drinks were even finished. She truly made us feel like royalty. The service over all was phenomenal. Our guests were so pleased and so impressed by every detail. Everyone told us how great the waiters/waitresses were and it truly showed. Unfortunately, it was our fault for not contacting the Boathouse ahead of time to see if we could leave our decorations there for the night, but the SH staff was so helpful in packing everything up and helping us get it out onto the bus so we could transport it to the hotel. Overall, if my husband and I were to get married again, we would choose Sensational Host every time, from the food to the service and back again, everything was beyond our expectations and we highly recommend them. Cory, Kara, and the entire Sensational Host staff, we thank you for making our wedding day so special, and one we'll never forget. Wishing you all the best, Brian & Emily Ehret

2015-07-24T09:20:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily and Brian! We had a blast working with you from the start and your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Best of luck to you both from the SenHost team!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Kimberly C

I was actually very exciting about working with Sensational Host. I've read amazing things about them, and was looking forward to them planning my wedding! My fiancé was actually the one to contact them first. He was working with Tyler and trying to find a time to tour the... Read More Camden County Boathouse. Unfortunately, my hours at work are awful so it was hard to schedule a time... but it seemed like they weren't really trying to work with us either. I get that they're busy, believe me- but since then we haven't received any form of contact. Looks like we will be going with another caterer, unfortunately.

Made Everything Easy

Reviewed on 4/02/2015

From start to finish, our experience with Sensational Host was smooth as silk. Our contact person was Kara - she answered all our questions and made everything much less nerve wracking. I felt confident knowing that whatever I threw her way, she would handle. The food was... Read More delicious and at the tasting, they took detailed notes of what we did or did not like and adjusted accordingly. Everyone at the reception raved about the food! The actual event ran smoothly; Kara and her team made sure we were well attended to. It felt great having someone to go to with any questions or concerns at the venue. We definitely felt cared for and pampered! Add delicious food to that and I don't know why you'd go anywhere else!!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Jasmine R

We loved working with Sensational Host from beginning to end. Our point of contact was Kara, who I wanted to hug by the end of the event. She was super responsive and organized, and she treated our wedding with the same care as if it were her own. The day of staff was also... Read More fantastic, even wrangling vendors to get pricing to add extra time on to the event and sending us off with a to go bag of meals and cupcakes. They were all truly amazing. Of course there was the important part of the food, which was great, in addition to innovative options like a craft beer and slider station (which we jumped all over). We had such a fantastic experience and are so thankful to Sensational Host for making our day amazing!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Moira T

Sensational Host is wonderful! Cory and his team worked with us to plan a beautiful wedding. They answered all our questions in a timely manner and provided guidance and recommendations as the wedding approached. On the wedding day, SH handled everything!!! Their wedding day... Read More staff was helpful, experienced and happy.

Start a Conversation!