Sensational Host

in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Sensational Host Caterers

For over 35 years, Sensational Host Caterers has had the privilege to help couples plan their dream weddings. Take a tour through one of our 19 venues in South Jersey & Philadelphia to find the perfect space! Honored with the awards of the Knot's Best of Weddings & Best of South Jersey!

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

3030 Route 73 N, Maple Shade, NJ in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area. (888) 215-7388

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Maura S

Using Sensational Host as our caterers was the best choice we made during our wedding planning process. From the beginning, Cory was super helpful, attentive, and comforting. He always answered any questions we had and was willing to work with us to make our catering package... Read More exactly what we wanted. Jeffrey was great in assisting with all of the details and providing us with guidance regarding our decor and accessories. He quickly responded to any emails and helped put our mind at ease in those stressful weeks leading up to the wedding. Cory was also there the day of our wedding and helped to ensure that everything ran smoothly from cocktail hour into the reception. Together they were a great team and we really couldn't have done the day without them. We cannot recommend the Sensational Host team enough!!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Samantha S

Sensational Host made our wedding day perfect! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to make our day more amazing than we already imagined it would be. The food was delicious and everyone had a great time.

2017-10-02T10:07:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We're so happy we could help with your big day!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Joanie H

We had a great experience with everyone we worked with at sensational hosts and our wedding day was perfect in large part thanks to them!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Megan D

The Marian House is absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice. My fiance and I have been working with Erika from Sensational Host since June and we're thrilled to have her helping us plan our wedding. She has patiently walked us through all of the details of our... Read More wedding, answered our questions and is always quick to respond when I reach out to her. She always has great ideas and suggestions to help make our wedding perfect and she understands our vision for the day and our tastes perfectly. She has taken so much of the stress out of the wedding planning for us. I can't wait to see how everything comes together as our wedding date approaches. We know we're in good hands and we're very happy that we chose Sensational Host and The Marian House for our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Marianna L

The SenHost Team cannot be beat. The food, service, responsiveness and patience when it came to our wedding was all fantastic. I have recommended them to everyone I know. They will do a great job for your wedding. They will make sure you EAT! DRINK! and most importantly, DANCE!... Read More The whole day went smoothly. Can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Grace T

Sensational Hosts was an outstanding caterer. Their food was phenomenal, and presented so beautifully. Not a single negative comment from our guests. Chelsea was also extraordinarily helpful - always available to talk over details before the wedding, very timely with giving us... Read More more info or quotes, and super organized and calm on the wedding day which was all much appreciated. Their staff too were super friendly, polite, and attentive. I'm so happy we went all the way to PA to find SenHosts for our wedding in NJ!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elizabeth L

AMAZING! I was a bit nervous since we started with Tyler, then had Morgan and finally ended with Kelley as our coordinator. KELLEY WAS PHENOMENAL! She made everything, and I mean everything simple for us! I met with her about two weeks before the wedding to give the final head... Read More count and go over the final details. Kelley took everything that we wanted and made it our dream reception AND MORE! The food was amazing! We had a serve that was solely making sure we the bride and groom were taken care of and made sure we ate! The staff was friendly and kind! They even sent us on our way with plates of food!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Kelsey O

We just used Sensational Host as our wedding caterer at Johnson's Locust Hall Farm and were BLOWN. AWAY. Chelsea, our point of contact, is an absolutely incredible person. She has an amazing attention to detail, an endless amount of patience, and truly listened to our wants and... Read More concerns. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I hope to have future events to plan with her! We love you Chelsea!! The food itself was AMAZING. When we went for our tasting they had greeted us at the door with a sign congratulating our engagement, champagne for us to toast to, and all of the table setting options we could ever wish to design with! The food was just unbelievable. We had the goat cheese stuffed chicken and have craved it so intensely that we have plans to request that dish from S.H. every year on our anniversary! They were also so excited to help us customize our menu to fit US. I hate BBQ but love pierogis - so she made us a pierogi BAR! And whats more of a crowd pleaser than that? A mashed potato bar... in martini glasses.. MASHTINIS! The food was fun, delicious, and a huge hit! And on to the lovely Bridget... Bridget, we love you. You were the best wedding event coordinator we could have ever asked for. She kept me calm when a thunder storm opened up at the start of the ceremony, handled all details with our venue contact, and kept us on time and focused. She was a beautiful soul that I couldn't have gotten married without. So if you want a caterer that cares, Sensational Host is the company to hire! Thank you all again for all your hard work!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Stephanie V

I went for a tour and was so impressed! It was Elegant, yet Rustic , exactly what I was looking for. Just booked October 2018, can't wait!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Gia D

Beautiful Venue and great location! We had our Tasting and the food was incredible! Definitely recommended!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Nicole D

I just booked my December 2018 at The Marian House and my fiance and I can not me more excited! It has been a journey trying to find something that the both of us loved as well as finding a location convenient enough for our family & friends. When we find out the Marian House... Read More was newly renovated, we called and spoke to Erika to scheduled a tour. Off the bat my fiance was impressed with the amount of parking and we were both happy that it was minutes from the bridges, an major highways. When we saw the new space we were both blown away. The fireplace is going to be a the perfect focal point for our holiday wedding all dressed with lighting & accessories, we can't wait!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Teresa R

I was stunned by how beautiful the updates turned out for The Marian House. It doesn't even look like the same building. The combination of the high ceilings, spacious ballroom, and brand new fireplace really tie the place together and bring it to life. The bar is completely... Read More remodeled and modern, it looks awesome and I can't wait for my guests to experience it. Erika is great and gets back to me so quickly with all questions I have. Check this place out, you'll love it!

2017-06-16T09:48:57 Response from the vendor

We are so Happy you love all the new upgrades to the Marian House. We can not wait for your wedding day

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Jessica R

I took a tour of the Marian House with Erika and it was great! The space is so beautiful, especially the new updated bar area and stone fireplace. I cannot wait to have my event here!

2017-06-16T09:50:06 Response from the vendor

We are excited to host your event and look forward to making sensational

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 barbara o

Exceptional is the word that comes to mind with respect to Sensational Host Caterers. From my daughter's bridal shower to her wedding reception Cory and his staff were there to help us every step of the way. They made the planning seem effortless. The food was outstanding as... Read More was the service. They made sure that every detail was meticulously carried out and on time. 5 stars hardly seems enough to give Sensational Host because in my book they are a "10. Thank You Cory & staff for making our daughter's dream wedding come true!

2017-05-17T08:39:28 Response from the vendor

We would love a 10 rating! Thank you for the kind words, we will be sure to share this with our entire team! Enjoy the upcoming summer months!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Diane P

There is nothing bad I can say about any aspect of our wedding when it came to Sensational Host and what they represented at our wedding. From the taste test up to and including the last minute details including the day of, they were professional, informative, helpful and... Read More awesome! The food is amazing - the service is incredible and their connection to who they use if they don't handle something themselves (i.e. cakes) is also top notch. I will certainly use them for any catering event I plan in the future!!

2017-05-16T14:51:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the note! We're so happy you had an amazing time at your wedding! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Monica Y

When we were deciding who to go with, we went with sensational host because of Des who was there at the time and assured me that everything was going to be fine and that she would stick it out with me till the end. A couple months in, we get an email that she is no longer with... Read More the company. I was very upset that all they did was send an email and no one else contacted me for months. Normally, this should result in a phone call as we were deep in planning the wedding. This was a stressful time where we paid a deposit and wanted someone to help us along the way as this was our first and only wedding and we were spending so much money with them. Finally, after countless emails and phone calls, someone got back to us who was the manager. As time went on we were dealing with 2 ladies (who I think were new or didn't know what they were doing). They set a timeline but wouldn't follow it. I needed the table numbers for my name cards and they told me they would give it to me but never did. And then when asked for it again they told me to create my own table numbers as a template and send it to them. They told us that the final headcount would be 2 weeks before the wedding and that it was final. They asked for the headcount a week before the wedding. Also they said that all final payments were needed 2 weeks before the wedding as well. I ended up calling them myself 3 days before the wedding asking them if they wanted the final check. During the walk through they were late and tried to play it off as that was the scheduled time. How inappropriate! ********Lastly, they told me that no employees were allowed to touch the card box and they did and we were missing $2,000 dollars. We had to call the guests who didn't give anything which is very embarrassing for the guests and for us. And not only did they not do ANYTHING about it but they were also not considerate and just that they knew their employees didn't do it. So sorry. Then they asked me if I wanted to interview every employee that was at the wedding. How might this help me? This is the not the way I wanted to be treated as a customer from the very beginning when this is one of the largest purchases made for my one day wedding. Very frustrating company to work with. Hire and train better employees. This is also a stressful time for the bride and groom. Just be careful with the details because they were not detail oriented and they went back on their word.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Tiffany C

Our contact at Sensational Host was Cory and he was absolutely amazing! He met us at our venue (Camden County Boathouse) and gave us a tour and really helped us to see exactly how our wedding day would look and how the day would flow. Cory provided us with a timeline of when we... Read More had to get everything done, which was so helpful because I had no idea where to start! Sensational Host provides the DJ and the Bakery which made things so much easier for me! I cannot even say enough good things about the food!!! Our wedding flowed perfectly and I never felt stressed during the planning process and that was all thanks to Cory and Chelsea at Sensational Hosts!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kendra B

We used SenHost for our wedding in Sept 2016. We met the team just 6 months before the wedding, and wanted a backyard barn wedding with our own genuine touch plus some true elegance. Not only did Cory & Chelsea make the process fun and smooth, but they truly made this unique... Read More combination come to life with their creativity, professionalism and wow-- the food was amazing. We were able to serve 150 people lobster & filet, outside, under the stars with our own personal beer garden and elegant barn table setting. The staff was warm, easy, professional but mostly, -- SenHost made the process smooth and wonderful. I would not just recommend them, I would say you would be crazy to go anywhere else. They truly get it. Thank you SenHost.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Arielle B

EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING! Kara and Cory were so accommodating and made us feel like we were their one and only wedding (even though we were far from it). All of our guests said the food was unbelievable, which it was. And you can't beat their prices! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Erica B

There is a lot of positive things to say about Sensational Host. But let's start with the good stuff: the food. I had been excited about the food at our wedding for over a year after we had our tasting. The selection hors d'oeuvres is really expansive and there is something for... Read More everyone. Plus they can craft a more seasonal menu if that's what you want and really work with you to make things just to your preference. The entrees on the day-of were actually mind-blowing. The serving sizes are more than generous and everything was so wonderfully seasoned and creative enough that it wasn't just "wedding food" but still wasn't enough to scare pickier eaters. The most memorable dish for me was the strip steak. That thing was massive, and they were perfectly cooked. I managed to talk to a few guests who all agreed. The crab cakes were also really stunning. Another important thing to note about Sensational Host is the service. This really truly is one of the most professional services in the Philadelphia area. Working with Cory and Chelsea over the last year and a half was so effortless, so easy going. We spent a lot of time thinking "are we missing something?" because the process was so easy! They were quick to respond to anything, and on the day-of we had absolutely nothing to worry about at the venue. We literally just showed up and everything was done and perfect. The catering staff itself was also really wonderful. The servers, bartenders and our were all a ton of fun to be around. They were super friendly, fun and great company to be around, and a lot of them remembered us from the times we had been around Sen. Host for meetings and what-not, so it felt like a really personal experience. Our guests have since told me they enjoyed dancing with a few of the servers too so I know they appreciated the company as well. Sensational Host was perfect for us because it is such a professional, well-composed team at a price that didn't blow our budget. They made our day so worry free and fun and they made planning the wedding fun too. We were fully prepared for this process to be stressful and difficult, but we quickly learned that when you've got the right team helping you, it's one of the best things you'll ever do!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Maegan R

Sensational Host did an Awesome job with our wedding! It felt like they were a part of the family and not just workers! Cory was very responsive whenever we had questions and even put up with our many mind changes! Also the food, well that was just delicious..not one food was... Read More undesirable!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Bethany F

Wow. We cannot get over how perfect our wedding day was. And we really owe it all to Morgan and her crew at Sensational Host. Morgan was meticulously organized and made the planning stress disappear, no matter how many late night emails we exchanged. The day of was no different:... Read More we were able to be calm and fully present knowing that our day was in their hands. Every person on staff was professional and extremely attentive; not only to the wedding party but the guests as well. Our family and guests cannot stop raving about the fantastic food and service. You can do no wrong with Sensational Host. They are clearly the best at what they do and because of them our day was PERFECT.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Rachael K

We were pleasantly surprised at the experience we had with Sensational host!! With the very reasonable rate we had for our wedding day, we have continued receiving so much feedback on how amazing the food was at our wedding. Morgan was beyond a pleasure to work with and... Read More extremely helpful in guiding us through the planning of our day. I can't express enough how appreciative we are at how amazing everything turned out on our day. I have already recommended them to a few friends planning their upcoming weddings in the new year.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Antonia A

We worked with Tyler and Morgan for our wedding and were very pleased with their service. We loved that Sensational Host had us for a tasting before we booked, and we went with them when we saw the unique menu they offered. What we particularly liked was that higher quality... Read More items weren't an additional cost, as they had been at other caterers. Plus, they included the cake and DJ in their package that made their services a great value. Our guests were thrilled with the food, as were we. Morgan worked hard the day of to get the venue ready, and was very organized in planning the event in the months leading up to it. Our maître d' for the evening, Britt, was an absolute boss. Britt essentially waited on us hand and foot and made the night go so smoothly. Overall, we were super pleased with Sensational Host's services.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Alexandra V

We were so thrilled with working with Sensational Host and their team (Cory and Chelsea) as they were just beyond outstanding. Over a year ago we met them through a single phone call. We had actually used them 28 years ago for our wedding when they were known as Perfect Host and... Read More here they were supporting out daughter's wedding. We also used them for a holiday party and engagement party as we wanted to make sure they were good and instead they were amazing. Great team service and so patience with working with us on developing the best evening for our daughter and son in law. We loved the food tasting pre wedding activity and endless meetings to go over the fine details of our wedding at Cairnwood Estates. Their family business is great and we highly recommend them to all.