Is this your business? claim it now

Sew Sweet Alteration

Kansas City , MO

Alterations, Fashion Services, Fashion

303 NE 58th Terrace , Kansas City , MO (816) 455-8855

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Rachel S

I've had 3 items altered here overall, a skirt, a dress and my wedding dress and I don't know that I'll come back. Only the regular (non wedding) dress turned out alright. My wedding dress...was perfect when she pinned it and I had it on, but looked terrible on my wedding day.... Read More I had a few fittings prior and everything seemed perfect, but after the final fitting Mary must have taken the pins out without actually altering the straps on the dress one last time as requested. The top of the dress fit horribly and I felt awful in my dress. You could see through / down my chest area all day. Not how I wanted to feel on my wedding day. Maybe I should have tried it on one last time before I left her shop with it, but I had just had it on days before and was confident it was ready. If I can figure out how to attach a picture I will. Just imagine a perfectly fitted bodice on the left and a misshapen loose disaster on the right. I read several Yelp! reviews that indicated the shop was a little unorganized and Mary seemed to have too much going on, I will completely agree with that statement. The shop is small, the changing stalls are basically big enough for half a person and only close with curtains...people sitting in the chairs 2 feet away from you could see everything. Oh and each time I went in to pick up one of my items they would struggle to find it and ask me if I was sure someone had called to tell me it was ready...um, yes. I am sure. Also, all signage in the shop says for formal (prom/wedding) they only take cash, and then say cash or check for everything else. All they took was cash, no matter what item I was paying for, and no matter what I had been told on the phone!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amber O

Mary is a sweetheart and goes the extra mile! Reasonably priced, somewhat difficult to find. Mary work is outstanding. She did my wedding dress and all bridesmaids. Thanks Mary!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Abby K

Mary at Sew Sweet is GREAT! Not only did she make my dress fit like a dream, she was so fast - I had to go in a few weeks before the wedding to get the dress taken in a little more and she had it done with in a couple of days. Her prices are also very competitive. Loved working... Read More with her!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Jena Prue

This was my only wedding vendor I wasn't crazy about. Although she did a good job, I felt that I was overcharged for tiny things I wanted done to my dress. She was a little unorganized and every time I came in she was working with one or two other people, so I never felt like I... Read More was getting her full attention. The bow she sewed on fell off my dress and my mom had to fix it last minute! Also, the dressing rooms at the store were like shower curtains that didn't close all the way, so I felt really uncomfortable when there were men in the dressing room beside me. I wasn't totally happy with what I paid for.

quality work at a fraction of the price

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Hannah H

Mary is the best kept secret in KC! If you need your dress altered contact her! I had cups put in my dress, I had it let out, I had it hemmed and I had a bustle put in for a total of $250 and the work looked great! Go and see her, she will do a great job for you! Her... Read More shop isn't fancy and a little hard to find, but her work is fantastic!