New Orleans Wedding Photographer

We capture the love, joy, and tender moments of your Love Story in a candid, unobtrusive manner. Our weddings are individual artistic creations, hand-edited one by one to perfection. We are energetic and consistent in capturing breathtaking images.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

2323 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA (985) 956-0098
PINTEREST

Best decision of my whole wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Sarah V

I cannot sing Roddy Orgeron's praises enough! From start to finish, Roddy and his assistant photographer exceeded all of our expectations. To be honest, at first I was reluctant to book him because it was far outside of our photography budget. However, after dealing with cheaper... Read More photographers in New Orleans, I realized I was going to get what I pay for. Not only that, but I kept daydreaming about Roddy Orgeron's beautiful portfolio. So, a few months before the wedding, we decided to splurge and book him. It turns out, that of all the vendors I used in my wedding, this was the one splurge I did not at all regret. His photos came out so stunning and truly captured the magic of what it felt like to be in the moment. From the action shots, to portraits, to unique and surprising perspectives- All utterly blew me away! Not only were his photographs stunning, but he was professional, punctual, and thorough in every way. He responded to e-mails and calls immediately, and I didn't have to worry about him being in the right place at the right time through all the moving parts of our wedding. He and his assistant photographer, Jay, were very present, yet non-intrusive. I can't believe some of the shots they got because I had no idea they were even around to take them! My husband and I are so glad we have Roddy's photos with us throughout our marriage to remind us of the emotion and joy and spectacle of this once in a lifetime event that was our wedding. Book him now. You will not regret it!

Amazing talent, great personality, fantastic results!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

This guy not only understood what I was going for, he was able to enhance the entire experience and leave me with better memories than I could have imagined. My husband doesn't like having his photo taken and he sure as hell doesn’t like to pose for strangers. 5 minutes into... Read More our engagement shoot, Roddy was able to wrangle smiles out of him and now we have engagement shots that are not only cool but are wall-hanging-worthy. He brought out our true personalities and pushed us just enough to get the best shots but let us be ourselves. The guy is super talented, don't get me wrong, but one of his biggest strengths is his personality and his ability to quickly read and understand his clients. This brings him to the next level and turns you and your vision into actual works of photographic art. For the wedding, I kind of had a vision; I just didn’t know how to articulate it. I can’t imagine that I was easy to work with but he and his team were always professional, energetic and encouraging. They interpreted my desires and gave us exactly what wanted, even if I hadn’t known what to ask for. His style is crisp and vivid. He didn't retouch, filter or edit heavily and his photojournalist style was such a welcome departure from the shabby-chic, pinterest-burlap-and-acorns style that is so pervasive in the wedding photo industry. That wasn't our thing, so we were a good stylistic fit for him, but I was impressed beyond my expectations. The images were creative and thoughtful. His team was flexible and inventive. They interacted with the guests in a really positive way and we were thrilled to have them be part of the party! He had the proofs to me quickly--less than two weeks. His pricing is low compared to others in town. I don't know why, but I know that he could and probably should be charging a lot more than I paid. I cannot recommend Roddy enough. He has natural talent, impeccable instincts and fantastic delivery. You'll regret not booking this guy--I am so glad I did!

NOLA Wedding - Life, Love, & Roddy

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 john m

AMAZING! I don't even know where to begin. Destination wedding in NOLA. My wife was in charge of music. I was in charge of pictures. After a lot of soul searching and hours and hours of combing through random wedding pictures from random photographers online, we settled on... Read More a few photographers to interview. When the dust settled, I chose Roddy and couldn't have been happier with my decision. All the things you would expect from a photographer: he was very accommodating, very professional, very friendly, and of course very talented........but that isn't what separates Roddy from the rest. Roddy showcased the intangibles as well - a consideration for composition, lighting, and perspective. A great vision for a picture opportunity before it happens. The fantastic artistic element that he puts into his images were second to none. The ability to position himself into the party atmosphere without being in the way but still engaging and charasmatic enough that all of our guests were happy to engage with him. Patterns, colors, and style definately take him from just being an ordinary photographer and moreso into the range of an artist. I see now why he wins countless awards; and like any good artist I imagine a good deal of preparation, thought, skill, and hard work went into honing his craft. The creativity he took with the finished product was absolutely amazing. My guests LOVED the pictures. My wife LOVED the pictures. I LOVED the pictures. We share them with everybody and in turn evey single person comments on just how well done and unique our pictures are. I'm not typically a review-writing kind of guy, but I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to toot this guy's horn. I would absolutley recommend Roddy Orgeron Photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Without a doubt: 5 Star praise.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Hilary L

Roddy and Jay are the best! We first met Roddy about a year before our wedding because he offered to do an engagement shoot as part of our package. Even though we don't live in New Orleans, we decided to go down and do it on one of our vendor trips to look at caterers, florists,... Read More etc. We immediately felt at ease with Roddy as we darted around City Park to take pictures and scout for where we would shoot on our wedding day. Before we knew it our wedding had arrived and we had Jay shoot the rehearsal, and both Roddy and Jay at shoot our wedding day. Roddy was with me and Jay was with my now husband during prep and then both covered the ceremony, second line, and reception together. The attention to detail, ability to make everyone around them at ease, and managing to be everywhere while not interrupting anything are just a few of the many reasons we love these guys! Then we got the pictures. AMAZING! The talent both Roddy and Jay posses is envious. They truly told the story of not only our wedding day, but of us and our love. We cherish these photos and we cannot recommend them enough. Roddy and Jay - thank you both so much!!! Hilary + Dan

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Michelle S

There are too many photographers out there that simply snap pictures of an event without any creative or artistic element to them- at that point, you can just ask your friends to snap a bunch of pics from their phones. I knew I wanted a photographer who crafted a story about the... Read More best day of our lives. After looking through various portfolios of NOLA photographers, Roddy's work stood out so much compared to the others that I knew I needed to have him! I even waited to confirm the date with the venue until I was sure Roddy was available that day! But Roddy doesn't simply take great pictures, he provides an amazing experience. He took the time to really get to know us as a couple even though we were all the way in Chicago planning the wedding, and even though we met him on our wedding day, it felt like we were longtime friends. He was also super responsive after the wedding and provided me with the link to the photos before I even thought to ask for them. Everyone loved our wedding photos, and I'm so happy that we chose Roddy to help us remember our wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Rachael D

I cannot say Thank You enough to Roddy and Jay for capturing my wedding in such a beautiful and real way. I chose Roddy because he has a real grasp of lighting and how to make someone look great regardless of their environment. My wedding and reception were indoors which makes... Read More event photography immensely more difficult. Roddy and Jay brought their lights, cameras, and experience and the results are phenomenal. All the photos are breathe taking, especially the candid shots, which I know are incredibly difficult to catch. I already got my canvas print in the mail and hung it up! I can't stop admiring the photos. Thank you so much for what you do!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Brionne V

Literally had the most amazing experience with Roddy and Addie. I am absolutely camera shy and not very photogenic but the images and moments that they created for my husband and I are absolutely incredible. They are both very personable and I couldn't be happier with my choi ev... Read More I am so excited and grateful that we chose Studio Orleans to be our wedding photographed

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Bre S

Working with Roddy was such a great experience! We had scheduled our photoshoot for our wedding day (we eloped at the courthouse) but it turned out that a huge storm was on its way so we asked Roddy if we could arrange an alternative shoot date. He was totally flexible and... Read More everything turned out better than we could have imagined. We ended up shooting a day earlier; the weather was perfect, the photos were GORGEOUS, and Roddy was such a wonderful person to work with. I have to admit, I wasn't entirely looking forward to the shoot, as I do not particularly enjoy having my photo taken, but Roddy made it so much fun and we left the shoot feeling like we had made a new friend. When we received our photos (it only took approximately one week) we couldn't have been happier, and our friends and family were completely blown away by Roddy's unique style. There's a reason why this guy has 5 star ratings across the board: he's kind, professional, fun, creative, and passionate about what he does - everything you could want in a great photographer. :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Ashley B

Roddy was great! He even came early to catch some bridal prep! The pictures turned out beautifully. He did a great job of capturing how fun and magical our night was! I'm so happy we went with Studio Orleans!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 H L

Roddy was one of our favorite vendors. He was really easygoing and fun to work with and made us feel as comfortable as we could in front of the camera. Our pictures look absolutely incredible--beautiful, natural, artistic without being "out there" and a great mix of candids and... Read More posed shots. I would 100% use him again for my wedding. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Kristy P

When I first decided to plan a destination wedding from New Jersey to New Orleans, I had no idea where to even begin. How would I possibly find quality vendors from afar? As I began the planning process, I started asking around and researching. Not only did Roddy Orgeron... Read More (Studio Orleans Photography) immediately came up with outstanding reviews, multiple vendors I spoke with around the city also suggested his work. After reviewing the website and seeing such talent, I could envision the same for my own wedding. I decided to give him a call. His immediate response was impressive but actually talking to him on the phone put me at ease. We connected instantly and I found his approach to be truly sincere and caring. He wasn't out to "sell" me but more to support me and my vision. After hanging up the phone, I felt compelled this was the right choice for me. And boy was it. From all of my questions, calls and emails, there was nothing that went unanswered or unplanned. Roddy assured me that it would be perfect and that it was my day to enjoy, not to stress over. He advised me to take it all in and let him capture the memories of the day. When Roddy and Jay showed up to greet me during bridal prep, it felt like old friends coming to be a part of it all. Their attention to detail was incredible. The ease, flow and direction they gave helped keep everything running smoothly and on time. They were great listeners and most importantly, fun! They helped my husband and me to enjoy our most memorable day in our favorite city. The experience was perfect in every way. When the pictures were presented, I was in LOVE. He captured the vintage, southern feel I envisioned while making sure to capture the spirit of New Orleans. When I say the pictures were incredible, they were. I could not have chosen a better photographer. Their talent and artistic ability is truly remarkable. Studio Orleans has an amazing reputation for a reason. The only hard part of the process, out of everything, is now selecting which ones to frame because they are all so amazing. Thank you Roddy and Jay for being you. For being genuine and making our wedding day one to cherish. Top Notch, all the way! Kristy and Dan Panckeri, NJ 11/20/16

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Pauline C

Hiring Roddy was a great decision. Roddy was patient, calm and collected - just what you need on your wedding day. Roddy was receptive to our ideas and suggestions - and made us feel completely at ease. That showed in the photos. Delivery of the proofs was super quick, just... Read More two weeks and we are expecting the digital copies for our use any day now. Great job! Loved the photos.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Tara G

I can't say enough about Roddy and Jay! They are absolutely amazing and so talented! That are hands down the best decision we made!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Aleecia F

If I could give Studio Orleans 10 stars I would... My husband and I were not familiar with the New Orleans area one bit, but because of work we knew our wedding would have to be in New Orleans in order for our family in Florida to attend. We didn't have anyone to ask for... Read More references so we decided to check on theknot.com for suggestions and base our decision on their portfolio, price range, and what the package includes. Roddy photographed our engagement session in downtown New Orleans and it was magical. He created beautiful and unique moments out of nothing but the scenery in the area. That day was hot, rainy, and extremely humid so of course I was worried about my hair frizzing and looking sweaty, but when we received the pictures back from Roddy we fell in love. We knew we had to have him for our wedding as well. When you book Roddy's team you get nothing but the BEST. Roddy was unable to shoot our wedding himself but he sent Jay and Mike and I couldn't have been more excited. This team is the EPITOME of professional. They answer emails within 24HRS if not sooner, they ask you for a list of the important pictures you must have, and then they use their creative genius to capture moments of your big day that you will definitely forget in all of the excitement. Jay never rushed me when getting ready or pressured us to take photographs when we were busy or running behind schedule, he was extremely patient and him and Mike were EVERYWHERE. The biggest compliment I hear about my wedding is that I had amazing photographers. There were SO many amazing shots I couldn't even pick a favorite! We had to have gotten back 1,000 amazing quality photos! Our package also included a free Gallery Wrap (Canvas), a mobile app which allowed me to show my friends and family a sneak peek f my photos before everyone else, and a USB with ALL of your pictures. BOOK Studio Orleans NOW.. you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michelle M

We hired Roddy for our small Elopement Ceremony at the Pharmacy Museum in New Orleans and couldn't have made a better choice. He kept our ceremony intimate by blending into the surroundings and taking wonderful pictures. We barely noticed he was there taking great pictures.... Read More We were so pleased he captured our special memories.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Paige H

Roddy was absolutely amazing to work with. He captured so many incredible shots which will allow us to look back and remember our special day with so much joy. I can't recommend Roddy Orgeron enough. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Kenneth K

I am from out of town and recently got married in New Orleans, LA. We we referred to Roddy through a friend and couldn't have been in better hands!!! Being out of town added a lot of stress, the wedding day included, but Roddy made it picture perfect! (Literally) We are so happy... Read More with the outcome of our beautiful pictures and are grateful to have had Roddy and his team by our side on our special day!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Marie T

Everything Roddy and his team did was great! We had two photographers for 7 hours and all our pictures are wonderful! They came in on time and with great care!! Thanks a million!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

We used Roddy Orgeron Photography for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner aboard the Creole Queen in New Orleans. Roddy was fantastic! He was personable, punctual & professional. We have beautiful photographs to help us remember a fabulous event for my son and his new bride. I... Read More highly recommend Roddy if you have photography needs in the NOLA area.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Roddy Orgeron Photography made sure our special day was everything we dreamed it would be. He was a pleasure to work with and he is amazing at what he does. Roddy captured special moments that we will forever cherish. The detail and quality of our photos are amazing. My husband... Read More and I were very pleased with our decision to book Roddy Orgeron Photography. We would recommend him and his staff to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Renata H

Roddy is fantastic! We are in love with our engagement photos. We were looking for a photographer who has a more artistic aesthetic vs. a more traditional photographer, and he did not disappoint. We have hired him to do our wedding as well.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Daniel P

I could not have asked for a better experience from start to finish! Roddy was staying in touch from day one and with us not being from new orleans he was there to help me with any questions I might have had ; ) I love my engagement and wedding pictures so much!! They are... Read More pictures I will always be proud of for a life time!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Bianca H

WOW! Just WoW!! My husband and I are beyond pleased with Roddy and his assistant photographer Jay's work! They do amazing work and do not disappoint with their talent! They captured amazing moments from start to finish and their angles are just perfect with every moment! Our... Read More wedding day was almost a blur after returning from our honeymoon, but with Roddy's skills we were be able to relieve our day over and over again!! Thanks so much Roddy!! We can't thank you enough!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Roddy is by far the best wedding photographer in New Orleans. I have been in over ten weddings in New Orleans in the past two years and can honestly say that Roddy's work is echelons above the rest. He made the experience fun and light, but still took some of the best photos... Read More that I have ever seen. It was a true pleasure having him as our photographer and I highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Wow!!!! I can't express enough how thrilled and satisfied we were with how amazing our engagement photos turned out and what a wonderful experience we had taking the photos with Roddy. My fiancé and I Iove New Orleans and even though we are getting married in Barbados chose... Read More to have are wedding pictures taken in New Orleans. I knew I wanted something artistic and unique, and for weeks I looked through numerous websites at different photographers. It wasn't until I happened across Roddy's site did I find what I was looking for. I was truly amazed by his talent and knew I was making the right choice in choosing him as our photographer.... but, when I saw the photos for the first time I never imagined they could be better than what I had imagined!!!! We were blown away by his ability to capture each special moment in such a unique artistic way. We had so much fun taking the pictures, getting to know Roddy, stopping for a drink, all while wondering around the city capturing such special moments in time. I'm not sure if the actual wedding can top this!! Thank you again Roddy for the amazing photos and absolute wonderful experience. Ashley and Greg

Studio Orleans