Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Online Proofing

432 Golden Valley Drive, Oakville, MO (314) 761-7250

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 morgan w

My husband and I decided last minute that we wanted to elope. Aloha was one of a few I contacted but I guess you could say she "had me at hello." her response time was SO fast, she answered all of my questions (and boy did I have a lot), she gave me amazing suggestions when I... Read More was completely and utterly lost. I didn't have time or extra money to spend so I didn't have flowers and she went out of her way to get them for me. On the day of our ceremony, it was SO COLD! And of course I didn't listen to my husband and didn't bring a jacket. She gave me her sweater and made it all about our day. I have NEVER written a review on anything but I had to write one for her. She made this day so incredibly special for us.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Paige B

We knew that we wanted Aloha to shoot our wedding ling before we were engaged. we actually picked our wedding date based on her availability. Aloha shot a wedding we wete involved in, and we knew we wanted her for our wedding. Aloha took the time to make the day personal, we... Read More didn't feel rushed, and she made sure to capture every detail. It was incredible that she with us all day, so nothing was missed. Aloha is VERY professional and so super fun! She played a huge part in making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katie O

Aloha is wonderful. Her personality, demeanor, and experience helped create and provide beautiful photos. She was able to keep me calm and weather challenges that a wedding day can throw at you from colder than anticipated temps (and snow) to poor venue management of vendor... Read More meals! She is a true professional and a joy to work with! From Coordinating a large wedding party to hitting a tight timeframe to producing images I didn't know were possible, Aloha delivers time and again. She knocked it out of the park with our engagement photos and captured our most memorable and priceless day in a truly beautiful way. Thank you Aloha!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amanda L

We immediately clicked with Aloha from the 1st time we met her. Her personality was so down to earth and she was easy to communicate with. She provided us with comfort knowing she had years of experience, things to avoid or things to make sure were included on our big day. She... Read More wasn’t just a photographer for us, she was a coordinator. She handled tough situations that arose during the wedding day. She was flexible and was able to adjust to our needs as the timeline was set back a little. She remained calm and ensured me that everything would be okay, and it was all better than okay!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jerami M

Aloha and her crew was absolutely amazing. Took time explaining how and making our vision come to life. Bringing such a thrill and excitement to our day. Being there every step of the day meant everything!!:) Aloha has given my children and childrens children something that will... Read More last a lifetime. I'm in love with our pictures! Absolutely mindblowing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Chelsea F

My husband and I got engaged in June 2016. We were searching for the "perfect" photographer. We met with many and we just didn't "click." I finally saw Aloha with an old friend of mine at Starbucks one day and Ciara introduced us. The next week we met at Starbucks with my... Read More parents. After just talking with her and looking at pictures online I knew she was the ONE. She has been amazing through the whole wedding process whether it be with timelines for the wedding or just being realistic. She suggested we did a first look since we were getting married on a Friday. She said "why spend the day that is all about you two apart instead of together?" I LOVED hearing that because it was so true and no other photographer we met with said that to us. She introduced us to our amazing florist "Petal Pushers STL." Aloha was our backbone on September 15th. She kept the wedding party on time and point. Lastly, our pictures were beyond incredible. Our pictures look like they are out of a wedding magazine. I cry just looking at our pictures because they are simply PERFECT. She is so quick to get back with you and able to work WITH you. Please give her a SHOT! She won't disappoint.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Erica H

My husband and I fell in in love with her work a few years ago when we were apart of a wedding and she was the photographer. I knew right then and there that she would be the one to photograph my wedding. The booking process was easy and just as advertised. Aloha shot my... Read More engagement pictures and they turned out amazing and we the location was beautiful. I loved the fact that on our wedding day we had her all day. She took her time to capture all those sweet special moments. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking a quality work in the St. Louis area.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Katie H

I wanted Aloha Kelly for my photographer a couple years before I was even engaged. I am extremely picky with photos and never trust people to know how to angle or get good lighting. Once I saw some of aloha work I knew I could trust her and relax. She did our engagement and... Read More Wedding photos, we also used her fish eye photobooth. Any request I had she made sure to prioritize, she is amazing with finding the best natural light and guide everyone. I love her laid back but very attentive to detail personality. I love pictures and knew they would be a huge priority for me and Aloha did not let me down. She was with me for my entire day and I was always comfortable and trusted her and her team. I have multiple friends who say they regret not using her. She's the best in Saint Louis :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lindsey S

Aloha is an Incredible photographer, and Such a friendly person! I was confident in her dedication to making my day as special as it could be from our very first phone call. She has a passion for what she does and it shows in her outstanding work! I will forever be grateful... Read More that she is the person we chose to capture our big day . Some of her creative advice ended up being the most treasured additions to my wedding!. Her team went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect in everyway, despite any hurdles. From the beginning of the day to the very end.. they were there every-step of the way capturing the story of the best day of our lives! I am so glad I chose Aloha as my photographer, and trust me you will be too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

I don’t think I can give Aloha’s work and work ethic credit with only one review. Working with her has been amazing! I found her about a year and I half before our wedding and I just fell in love with every photo I came across. As soon as we started talking I knew she was going... Read More to be my photographer. At the time I was a little bit of an emotional mess since my husband was deployed, I lived in Texas where I didn’t know anyone and wedding planning was supposed to be my “distraction”. Aloha was nothing but comforting and I really felt like she was going to be a great fit. One thing I really liked about Aloha from the beginning was that she wasn’t pushy. She said if we didn’t decide to go with her that she would help us find the right photographer for us. Obviously, we chose her as our photographer and she did not disappoint. I feel like she captured our day beautifully and tastefully. Even after our wedding was done she quickly helped me get a photo for my husbands birthday. Her customer service and urgency in the situation really surprised me and made me feel valued. I don’t think many other photographers would bend over backwards like she does. I can’t recommend Aloha enough & I can’t wait till our paths cross again for a maternity shoot! ;)

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kirsten T

We chose Aloha for our wedding photographer & it's probably the most anticipated part of our wedding. Even my grandmother adores her. Her personality and her business ethic is nothing shy of excellent and I'll recommend her to anyone without blinking and eye!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Caitlin C

I worked with Aloha during my engagement session as well as my wedding. I'm not a very natural person when cameras are involved, but she put me at ease and made the whole process so smooth! I didn't feel at all unsure of what to do with her guidance and got amazing pictures.... Read More Knowing my pictures were going to turn out great really took a lot of worry out of the wedding day. She does amazing work both with clients and on film! I will (and have) recommended her to anyone in search of a photographer!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Nicole J

I love everything about Aloha and her team. I have had the pleasure to work with Aloha for our Engagement photos as well as a Boudoir session with her. All I can say is WOW! She really knows how to use the camera and capture the beauty in every picture. Our engagement pictures... Read More ended up being a rainy, cloudy and very humid day and of course the complete opposite of what you are wanting to make you feel beautiful and flattering. She of course capture the love we share for each other, instead of how hot and sweaty we were and how my curls had become flat. I was nervous to look at the pictures because I felt that I looked awful and couldn't imagine anything had turned out well. Well she of course provide me wrong. I was blown away! I couldn't believe the beauty she was able to capture and turn how uncomfortable I was into something amazing. So when it came to my Boudoir session I knew I was in good hands. I was still very nervous and didn't know what to expect. I was keeping this a secret from my now husband because I was doing it for a Wedding gift. I had to keep everything to myself and had to sneak around the day of so he wouldn't know something was up. Welp, that was hard and nearly impossible but the surprise was ohhh so worth it! I have never felt so beautiful, strong, sexy and comfortable in my own body in my entire life. Aloha made me feel all those things. With barely knowing her, having this connection with her and questions and answers leading up to the photo shoot was such a bonus and confidence booster. When it came to my wedding day Aloha was taken by another bride which was sad to find out. But she promised me the best service even though she wouldn't be there and made me feel so confident and comfortable again with using her mentor as our head shooter. And I can honestly say besides missing her on my Wedding Day I am so glad I trusted her. She was so right Paul was everything she is and may be a little more, only because he’s been around longer.  I am so grateful for Paul and Kristen on my wedding day and even though Aloha wasn't there I was care free and knew I was in the best hands. I highly recommend Aloha and her team they are truly very professional and trustworthy. Thank you for being there in some of the best times of my life and the most memorable times too.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Lindsey N

What can I say?? Aloha and her staff are wonderful and she does AMAZING work!! From our engagement pictures to the day of the wedding, Aloha was so quick to respond to any questions that we had and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The day of the wedding her and her... Read More assistant Jen were wonderful. My husband and I did not do a first look, so I went on the bus with the rest of the wedding party and Aloha offered to take Mike to Piper Palm House....She thinks of everything:) Aloha ended up being our wedding coordinator that day because she is just that good and she made the day run so smooth for us. Mike and I felt that we could relax and enjoy ourselves because we knew we were in good hands!! I would (and have) recommend Aloha to anyone that I know is getting married and looking for a great photographer. We cannot wait to see our wedding photos and we are so happy that we chose Aloha for our special day:)

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Danielle H

We are SO happy that we chose Aloha for our wedding photographer on 2/25/17. She was recommended by our florist Petal Pushers STL. Aloha and her staff were SO nice and wonderful to work with! Aloha had so many great ideas for unique and memorable shots. She came to the... Read More salon at 8:30 AM, then to the venue for pre- wedding photos, then on to the park for even more pre- wedding photos. Aloha really went above and beyond to get the perfect shots! She took photos of the ceremony, formal family photos and candid shots during the reception. I know she put in at least a 12 hour day! We cannot wait to see the finished product and we know all the photos will be fantastic! We were extremely pleased and would HIGHLY recommend Aloha Kelly.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Laura K

Aloha was amazing! I heard about her from a coworker and the price and her personality was a perfect fit for me and my wedding! I had a great feeling about her from the start and she proved to be exactly what I was needing. The day of the wedding we were running a little behind... Read More because of a hair glitch and she took charge and made the pictures still happen like I wanted. She was professional and great at getting everyone in the pictures to do what was needed to get the shot. I loved the way she took charge and made the pictures for the wedding amazing! I am still waiting for the final results but she sent me some sneak peeks and they were stunning!! I highly recommend Aloha for any special event you have. She makes you feel like you have known each other forever and makes everything so comfortable and fun. The team she brought were amazing and they way she worked with Zack, our videographer was just the icing on the cake. They acted like they came as one package and meshed together so perfectly! I couldn't have been more pleased with Aloha and her photography skills and coordination for so many aspects of the wedding. 100% satisfaction!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Channa B

Aloha Kelly and her staff were great from the time of our engagement session to a year later for our wedding day. Aloha is super friendly and is fun to work with. Plus her talent is outstanding. As a photographer, it also becomes there job to make sure the day runs smoothly and... Read More will help out anyway she can throughout the day while capturing details, and she did just that. I knew the importance of picking a photographer as the images could be the last memory I have to remember our day. Aloha did not disappoint us and did an amazing job capturing our wedding to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kat C

Aloha was a fantastic photographer and wonderful to work with. She gave fabulous ideas on where to shoot during our engagement and wedding sessions. She took pictures all day and throughout the evening as well. Her work is amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Sara G

Not knowing anything about planning a wedding or photographers in particular, I turned to a coworker, whose daughter was married October 2015, for helpful advice. She had nothing but wonderful things to say about all of her daughter's vendors, but she was particularly pleased... Read More with her photographer. Upon meeting Aloha, I knew I would love her as well! Aloha and her partner, Paul, are simply the best. They were so helpful the day of our wedding, even going the extra mile to help wrangle our niece and nephew into family photos. I have only seen a few teasers but they look gorgeous and I cannot wait to see the finished products! I have always said that I don't care much for taking photos or having them taken of me, but Aloha may have made me into a convert! Thank you so much

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

I'm so embarrassed that it has taken me this long to write a review for this MASTER of capturing special moments. My wife and I regularly pull out our leather bound custom album and just gaze in awe at how Aloha milked every moment out of our time together. She has a warmth in... Read More her soul that comes through her art. She sees light unlike any other photographer I've ever worked with. Because of this, I've been able to use her for other professional photo opportunities in music and marketing. Aloha is worth EVERY PENNY you will spend with her. If you gave her 5 bucks, she could turn it into an irreplaceable piece of photographic art that you will cherish for years to come. She is a rose among many thorns. Don't make the mistake of going with anyone else. Not only did she come photograph our wedding, she came on a last minute elopement to a destination wedding on a secluded beach and she squeezed it in between other shoots she had. She spent hours in airports and flying losing sleep so she could make it work for us.... You want someone who will go the extra mile for you??? Aloha Photography... PERIOD.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016

Aloha is literately the most amazing person, I’ve had a few different types of shoots with her. The first and most important thing is she is STELLAR photographer; her photos are impeccable and her editing is perfect! She was a model before becoming a photographer so she knows... Read More the best angles, positions that will flatter anyone, tricks to do with your lips or eyes that will make the photos turn out better, etc. This knowledge of being in front of the camera and behind it is priceless and something you won’t get from most other photographers. So, her photography is great but you probable already know that if you are reading this review; what stands out about Aloha is her personality!! She is so sweet and kind and encouraging and helpful! She somehow manages to get into really scary positions so that you have the perfect shot from the perfect angle!! She has become a personal friend of mine over the course of the almost 5 years I’ve known her and been getting photos taken because she is impossible not to like! I’ve always dreaded pictures but she has changed that for me, it’s so fun shooting with her that you forget about your nerves and then once you see the final product you are just completely blown away at how you look in them and how super high quality they are. I’ve had other photographer friends tell me how much they liked her use of lighting and that her photography is very skilled which means a lot coming from her peers! She makes things affordable because she wants everyone to be able to afford “boutique” quality photography. She is passionate about what she does because she loves helping people. If you are looking for a hidden gem in all of the high quality (usually high cost) photographers out there you have found it! Another thing I love about Aloha is how flexible she is, that’s rare to find especially in wedding photography. I would say if you love her work as much as everyone has stated they do, contact her and tell her what you are looking for; I’m positive that she can find a package that will work for you!

Great Quality Pictures and Service

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Kelsey T

We hired Aloha off of a recommendation from a friend and could not have been happier about our experience with her. She was so easy to communicate with in the months leading up to the wedding and worked with us to figure out the details of the day and staying within our budget.... Read More I was so thrilled that she and her team arrived early in the day and stayed until the end of the reception (about 11 hours). Aloha showed me a few pictures as we went along throughout the day, which gave me a sneak peak of what sort of shots she was getting. She kept the photos moving on schedule and our wedding day couldn't have gone any smoother. She and her team were so personable and enjoyable to work with and kept us all at ease throughout the day. We are waiting on our pictures still but we loved what she sent us in our sneak peak after the wedding and are really satisfied with the quality of her work!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 ShaRhonda B

My wedding was held on May 15 2015 and Aloha was very accommodating throughout the entire process I love the photos we received back and any questions I had she answered with no problem. It took about 2 months to receive my photos back after the wedding but that's normal and... Read More exceptional in some cases. I would highly recommend Aloha to anyone her and Paul were very interested in making my day and engagement shoot perfect.

Never again

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Kaelin J

will never use Aloha Kelly Photography again. Great photos, horrible business. I was an August bride and I am still waiting on product I paid in full for, before the wedding (over $2000) Something very tragic did happen in Aloha's life..however I did not receive a single... Read More email/text/call stating my images would be late. Upon contacting her I have received nothing but lies on the dates images/products would come to me. For example Nov. 11th "USBs are going out next week"...I'm still waiting for the USB (Dec. 23rd). She calls this "necessary extensions." I have left voicemails and texts and will never receive a reply for over a week after reaching out 2-3 times. Her "assistants" are handling communication. I have received 1 email regarding my order since my wedding. However if you're a new bride/want her business she'll reply within minutes. If you are really patient and don't mind the amount of time it will take to see photos/product then you will be happy with the end result. I will never use them again because of the lack of customer service and professionalism she displays .

2015-12-23T10:46:03 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry about all this Kala. There was communication after the death. I informed everyone, or my associates did. You have your images and you had them in the extended timeframe given through the online gallery. Back orders on the custom USB's during the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

No matter where you are in the wedding planning process, planning that special event, or just capturing a moment in time to cherish forever, Aloha will take care of you. What I enjoyed most about working with Aloha was how caring she was to make us comfortable and capture... Read More our moments. Neither I, nor my husband, are models, but you wouldn't know that by looking at the photos Aloha took of us. She caught us in natural moments, gave us the advice we needed, and let us just be ourselves. And in that process, she captured the best us there is. Aloha exceeds expectations in the warmth, generosity, and talent departments. She captures light (which light is, evidently, the key to the it all) to make every picture special. Choosing the right photographer is critical. You'll find that with so much going on, you won't be able to remember it all. With Aloha, you'll be able to enjoy your day, as perfect as it was, for years to come. Thanks, Aloha! You really did make our day incredible!!