April Smith Photography

Serving Orange County, Los Angeles and Temecula

The Greatest Gift in Life is to Be Loved!

If you are like most of our brides, then love is one of your deepest needs. Your breath depends on it. Your heart overflows when you experience it. Love is something you freely give to others and you treasure it when it is given to you. We'll photograph you experiencing love to it's fullest on your wedding day. It's what we do best!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Serving Orange County, Los Angeles and Temecula (909) 957-5795

Beautiful photography, excellent investment!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Kasandra R

Here is a fun fact: on your wedding day you get TWO best friends. There's the one that you're marrying and spending all day with... and then there's the OTHER one you're spending all day with. That's your photographer. You know how you get getting ready pictures, ceremony... Read More pictures, reception pictures and all those other shots of every tiny little thing in between? That's because they're with you more than any of the other vendors that day, and because of that... you should choose wisely. Clearly, these five red stars mean my new husband and I chose wisely. :] An excellent photographer and a true professional, April's photography resonated a lot with what we were looking for in terms of style, personality, and of course, budget. Her aesthetic is just the right blend of clear, crisp and natural quality - while still maintaining a beautiful editorial or photojournalistic look. So far we've only received our engagement pictures back, but we know April's ability to capture genuine and authentic emotions will be leaving us with not just pictures, but an awesome way to look back on and recall some of our favorite memories from this time in our life. During our engagement shoot my husband and I were really nervous about taking posed pictures, and our biggest concern was coming out with staged, almost-cheesy images. April's method of asking questions, playing games, and having us interact with each other on a normal level definitely made us feel more at ease about having a camera in our face, lol. We also play a lot, move around, and laugh quite a bit; April was able to capture all of that in our engagement photos and so much more. During our wedding we had a long day stacked ahead of us, but April & Amanda - and our amazing team of vendors - helped move everything along and kept the schedule together perfectly (giving us opportunities to get the photo ops we wanted, but also truly giving us time to spend with our family and friends). Pricing was very reasonable and so worth it. When you put your photography needs in April's hands, you know you're getting great pictures... but also peace of mind knowing that the best moments of your day are being taken care of by a professional. Like we said, a photographer is literally with you from beginning to end of the day... so you might as well make a new friend out of the process! My husband and I couldn't have picked a better photographer and friend to capture our special day. Thank you SO much!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Jenna R

Where do I begin with April?! She is one of those kinds of people that you feel like you can be friends with instantly! Throughout our engagement shoot she had us tell each other about a favorite memory, date, etc so that the photos would capture true emotion. And the photos... Read More turned out AMAZING! She is so talented and she just sent us our wedding photos on a cute flash drive and (surprise) they are the most beautiful photos I have ever seen! The quality and amount of the photos you get is unreal. Brides to be, you will be making the best decision on a photographer if you choose April. I would definitely say that she is the best decision I made when it came to wedding vendors and her prices are great. Do yourself a favor and book her... you wont regret it!

2016-05-17T14:36:17 Response from the vendor

Ah... Thank you beautiful bride of mine! I know who you are and I just LOVED working with you and your man. You two made my job so much fun! I am blessed to have had the opportunity to work with you and know you!... Read Less Read More

Best Investment Ever!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lauren C

April and Amanda were such a pleasure to work with and I'm not sure words can describe how amazing they actually were, but I'll try (and even with the help of the husband, who loved them as much as I did!) Our first experience working with April was during our engagement shoot,... Read More some of the poses may have felt a little awkward, but she kept assuring us that there was a method to her madness. Sure enough, our engagement photos, came out true to who we were and not just a standard set of engagement photos. We were so lucky that April was as intent on getting to know us during the engagement photos as she was, because on the day of the wedding, it was already as if we had known her for years. It was like working with an old friend. However, this old friend was so organized and on point it was jaw dropping. While we had a day of event coordinator, we can honestly say that April and Amanda were 10x more attentive and helpful. They were with us every step of the way. Making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, ensuring that they got at least a few photos of the groups we wanted within our larger families. I even had a "crisis" with my bustle where no one could find the hooks, and April and Amanda came to the rescue. They even continued to bustle it back up for me when it would come undone. We truly felt like April and Amanda were the best money we spent on our wedding. Not only were they amazing to work with on the day of, but our photos came out just as wonderful. So much that we've had a difficult time trying to choose the right ones for our album. They're all so amazing! If you're looking for a photographer that is like working with a friend, and produces great photographs, I highly recommend April Smith Photography. One of the best decisions we made during the planning of our wedding and one we would make over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Katie N

I don’t know where to begin with April Smith Photography. So let’s just start from the beginning. Before my husband and I met with April, we met with 5-6 other photographers and although we liked their work we did not click with any of them like the way we clicked with April.... Read More When we met April, we instantly fell in love with her work and her personality. We felt so comfortable with her and it just felt right. We booked her for our wedding in less than 24 hours of meeting with her and we could not be happier with the results of both our engagement shoot and our wedding day photos. Let me start by saying that I am no model and I am quite awkward in front of the camera but with April’s direction and critique I looked so natural! Our engagement photos were simply beautiful and perfect! She took her time with us and we never felt rushed or uneasy. It was also so much fun. For our wedding day, she was no different. She was so easy to work with and so professional. She truly went above and beyond for us, and we couldn’t be more appreciative. April captured so many beautiful and memorable moments for our wedding, when I look back at the photos; it feels as if I am reliving that wondering day again. Thank you April!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Talia M

April was the best wedding photographer we could have imagined. She also did our engagement photos. When we first got engaged we were unsure if we even wanted to do a professional photographer. We are SO grateful we did. If it wasn't for April our wedding day would have not gone... Read More on schedule or have the memories captured that were most special to us. We highly recommend April. She made us feel comfortable & natural for all our photos!

2016-10-19T16:09:19 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor to work with you guys!!!! Thanks for choosing me to be a part of your special day. I loved working with you and your family!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Alan R

We highly recommend April Smith Photography! Both April and Amanda were simply wonderful to work with - during the prep and on our wedding day. We met with April prior to our wedding to discuss the look and feel we wanted with our photos, and she captured just that! They were... Read More very professional, sweet, organized and handled our large wedding party very well. They were mindful about what photos we wanted to capture and helped guide us to what would work best on that day, given timing, lighting, etc. They treated us more like friends than customers and we couldn't be happier to have hired April Smith Photography. The images we've received are beautiful and will be treasured for years to come!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

I highly recommend April Smith Photography! The entire process of working with April was exceptional. I really appreciate her intentionality to get to know my fiancé and I prior to the wedding. During this meeting she not only helped to coach us on poses and other ways to ensure... Read More the best wedding day photography experience, but also helped us navigate a dilemma about whether or not we wanted to take time away from the reception for additional couple shots. The way April articulated and executed her vision for helping to create natural moments to showcase our love for each other as a couple was very impressive --- she understands the significance and specialness of weddings! April's professional, warm, and caring presence added to my enjoyment of the wedding day! I really appreciated how she made the effort to learn and use family and friend's names while taking the various group photos. April's photography work is beautiful! I love the beauty of the photographs and how they captured the various moods and moments of the day!

2016-08-31T21:37:24 Response from the vendor

Ah... You bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things. I am grateful that you experienced your wedding the way that I hoped you would! I am honored to have been a part of your special day.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Brittany R

April was amazing! I could not have asked for a more perfect photographer for our wedding. She was professional, kind, and efficient. Our pictures came out beautiful, even better than I could have possibly imagined! And she was very quick to finish editing as well, which was... Read More great because your so excited to get your pictures back! 5 star experience, 5 star photographer!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kathryn K

Photography was high on our priority list for our wedding and we could not be happier with April Smith Photography! We absolutely love our photos and April made sure to capture every moment that we wanted and then some. She was also more than willing to work within our budget... Read More which we really appreciated. On the day of the wedding April made me and my husband feel so comfortable. She also was a huge help and created and adhered to a timeline which I very much needed since I did not have a wedding planner! She made sure that I had everything I needed all while coordinating with all of my family members and bridesmaids to make sure we had all of our essential shots. With the second shooter they were able to capture some beautiful artistic photos in addition to the traditional ones. After the wedding she delivered within the promised timeline (I have heard horror stories about other wedding photographers!). She even gave us a sneak peek and created a beautiful blog of all of the highlights from our wedding that we could share with friends and family. I would absolutely recommend April Smith Photography to any bride who wants a stress free wedding day with beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Joan B

Working with April was an absolute pleasure. My husband and I had been shopping around for photographers. when we met April within the first 5 to 10 minutes of speaking with her we knew we wanted to work with her. April made us very comfortable, before talking business she took... Read More time to get to know us as individuals and our love story. During our engagement photo session, My husband I were nervous. April helped us to relax was able to make it a memorable and fun experience. For the wedding day, April provided us with a detailed timeline to keep things organized as well as helping us to know what to expect. April is very professional, fun and easy going. All our pictures turned out to be absolutely stunning!! I would highly recommend April, choosing her is definitely one of the best investments we made toward our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Natalie R

I absolutely love April Smith Photography. I don't really like taking pictures because I often feel like photographers try to stage a lot of their pictures. However, April was very natural with the way she takes photos. My husband and I loved working with her. Our engagement... Read More and wedding photos came out perfect. April was also very easy to get a hold of and she responded promptly to emails and phone calls. I will definitely work with her again when the time comes to grow our family.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Katarzyna S

We loved working with April. It is one of the best decisions that we made in planning our wedding. The photos of our elopement beat our expectations. Beyond that, April was friendly, helpful, professional, and fun every step of the way. Thank you April for capturing the best... Read More day of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

April Smith Photography shoot our wedding and we couldn't be happier with our pictures and the outcome of the whole experience. From the engagement shoot to the final product of our prints everything was perfect and streamlined. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and it was... Read More great to have April be so professional, work with our coordinator and provide a product that was exactly what we expected. My wife liked her style and they got along great. At the first meeting with April she asked us what was the most important thing we wanted captured and we told her that we wanted to capture the FUN we had celebrating with our friends and family. She did just that. The photos show the beauty of the day but more importantly the Beauty in the people that came together to celebrate our marriage. Great job! Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Maria L

April is the most kind and genuine photographer that we have ever met with! She has such a loving style of photography

Professional, personable, and high-quality

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Jenna P

April was a dream to work with from the very beginning! We hired her for our wedding and engagement photos. She and Amanda captured so many beautiful moments from our wedding day and we couldn't be happier with the decision we made to hire April Smith & Co. Photography. Not only... Read More were they incredibly professional and personable, but most importantly the final results were stunning. Hiring April was hands down one of the best decision we made during wedding planning process and we will be forever grateful for the memories she capture for us on our wedding day!

Beyond Our Expectation!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Parnun P

My husband and I hired April as our photographer for our wedding back in July 2014. We had so much fun taking pictures. She was amazing, personable, and very easy to work with. The quality of her work was beyond our expectation. We highly recommend April as your wedding... Read More photographer. P.S. Also recommend getting the photo booth. It was a hit at our wedding!

Friendly, fun, and beautiful results!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Amy T

April did an amazing job at our wedding! My husband and I were planning our event from out of state and April was available and always ready to help us out when we needed to discuss details. She was timely with getting things settled and the day of the event went so smoothly... Read More that I didn't have to lift a finger to get things perfect. She handled the crazy members of our wedding party in a way that assured me she was getting the awesome shots she/we wanted but that didn't take away from the fun mood everyone was in. When we had an amazing sunset during dinner she didn't hesitate to quickly pull us away from the party and get a couple shots that turned out to be amazing. Overall, I could not have been happier and would definitely recommend her to anyone. Well done!!

Smile Inside, Smile Outside

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

Being our third appointment of the day we were a little hesitant to make the drive to Upland but we were glad we did. What we liked most about is that she helps to bring out the natural feelings of the moment and capture it with the camera. It's not just about posing and... Read More "look this way" or "put your hand there." She's good at working with people, including some non-English speakers in our party. If you are smiling on the inside then you will smile for the photos without having to fake or force it. The most valuable advice we were given is that you have to feel comfortable with your photographer so it's important to meet with them as a couple so they can see how you are together too. Many photographers can work with you on your budget (within limits), but it helps to have a clear idea of what is most important to you and to know what you are getting. We opted for hi-res digital copies only and no album or engagement session, although we may go back for an album. Finally an etiquette tip: keep your appointments because you never know which one will be the best fit. As I said we almost didn't meet with her. And do let the vendors know whether you select them or not to save them from awkward follow-ups. P.S. She also specializes in baby photos and her studio looks great for that. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 amanda u

From start to finish April did an amazing job and helped to make the day of the wedding flow flawlessly and free of any stress. We just recently recieved our pictures and we couldn't be more elated with how they turned out, April and kasey were great and I'm so thankful we... Read More chose them to add to our beautiful day!!!

April Smith is Fabulous!

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Chanelle K

We got married this summer in Carlsbad Ca and our photos came out absolutely spectacular because of April Smith! She is super sweet and very professional. She captured every moment perfectly, gave us the best direction to make sure we got the shots we wanted, and everyone loved... Read More her! She has an eye for the perfect photo and we are so happy with our wedding photos! She was available for questions throughout the entire wedding planning process and was so easy to work with on our big day. We love April and would absolutely recommend her to every bride and groom out there! Amazing work!

Boudoir photo shoot

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Liz R

April was amazing! She truly made me feel comfortable and confident during the whole shoot:). She had a cute studio with different rooms. Her style is a little more conservative than raunchy which made all the photos look classy and sexy but leaves something for the... Read More imagination. The book at the end looked amazing:) very happy.

Wonderful Boudoir Photographer

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Jennifer R

I had the pleasure of working with April Smith for my boudoir photo shoot. I was somewhat nervous going into the Boudoir shoot however April is a true professional that made me feel totally comfortable and knew exactly what poses would look best. I received my portfolio back... Read More and I was truly impressed with her work. I highly recommend her!

Wonderful Photographer

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Emily M

April was fantastic to work with! She was sweet, considerate, professional, and the photos turned out wonderfully. Highly recommend working with her!

Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Lisa Y

April is truly a gem! It can be overwhelming researching for a photographer, so I was thrilled when my friend referred me to April. After our first meeting, it was an easy decision for my husband and I. We immediately felt comfortable and confident in April that we hired... Read More her for engagement and wedding photo sessions. April is very down-to-earth and she makes you feel comfortable behind the camera. She produces amazing shots and creates priceless memories. During our engagement and wedding photos, she played little “games.” She asked us to make promises/pledges to each other or remind one another of a silly inside joke, and even though I jokingly gave her a hard time because I was in tears and my make-up was running, it reminds you and your significant other of how important you are to each other. I highly recommend working with April and I look forward to working with her again.

Boudoir Photography

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Jeana E

This review is for engagement photos and boudoir photography, as I have not yet had my wedding. April's photos speak for themselves, they are absolutely beautiful! Before my engagement and boudoir shoots, I had never had my photos taken professionally. I am SO happy with... Read More both services provided by April. Firstly, our engagement was a lot of fun. April is so sweet, and fun to work with. She knew the best spots, and coached us all the way through the shoot, which was helpful. She had the photos ready for us to view very quickly, which I really appreciated. For my boudoir shoot, I don't think I could have been happier! April made me feel extremely comfortable, and beautiful. The finished product looks fantastic and I can't wait to give the album to my soon-to-be husband! Overall, I highly recommend April for your photography needs. It's very obvious that April takes pride in her work and will go to great lengths to make her clients happy.

April Smith

Hello! Your love is our focus when we photograph weddings. You, experiencing heartfelt connections with the people you love most, become our photos. Over the past 10 years, we have developed a way of zeroing in on and capturing the most riveting moments that will happen throughout your wedding! This is what make our photos more than just a pretty picture. If we photograph your wedding, your images will be rich with emotion. Your photos will remind you, not only of how your wedding looked, but also how it felt! If this sounds like what you want, then we would love to hear from you!

Start a Conversation!