City Of Issaquah-Pickering Barn

Issaquah, WA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with City Of Issaquah-Pickering Barn

A BALLROOM IN ISSAQUAH, WA

Couples, who want to add a rustic touch to their wedding day seek the City of Issaquah-Pickering Barn out. This venue is located in Issaquah, Washington and is managed by the City of Issaquah. It is 12,000 square feet of space. The historic red barn on the grounds is a wedding picture favorite. The City of Issaquah-Pickering Barn is located in downtown and is near Cougar Mountain Zoo and next to the Triple X drive-in restaurant. It is surrounded by gorgeously landscaped grounds that is really the spirit of the Northwest. It has a courtyard and gazebo on its grounds. It provides a rustic ambience to any wedding day. Treat guests to a walk around the farmer's market that is held every Saturday. Couples, who plan their wedding at Pickering barn, can choose from the following spaces.

Hay barn. Couples host their ceremony and reception in this space. This space is rustic elegance at its very best. It features lofty ceilings and metal rafters that are ideal for hanging decorations and specialty lighting. It features unique lighting that puts the spotlight on wedding day events. This venue space has the capacity for 350 guests.

Dairy barn. The would-be ceilings of the dairy barn puts couples and gas at the forefront of an elegant wedding. It features detailed woodworking that mixes a rustic and bucolic style. This space accommodates up to 400 guests.

The wedding planning team at Pickering Barn gives couples the freedom to plan a memorable wedding. A rental deposit needs to accompany every booking. Weekend events are priced higher than weekday events. Each booking includes nine hours of access, which include set-up and cleanup time. The barn is rented to only one couple at a time.

General liability insurance is required for all couples. Confetti, birdseed and rice are not allowed. Couples may choose from a list of caterers provided by the City of Issaquah-Pickering Barn. Alcohol must be served by a licensed bartender or caterer. Amplified music is okay both indoors and outdoors but must and by 11 p.m. Smoking is allowed outside only. Included with the booking are tables and chairs. Couples need to provide their own table linen and napkins.

The wedding team at Pickering Barn provide couples with the makings of planning a great wedding day. Additionally, they provide the following extra perks:

• Bride's dressing area
  • Groom's dressing area
  • Outdoor lighting
  • On-site manager for the day of the wedding

Country Charm in Issaquah

The Pickering Barn is a historic site from the 1800's. It's simple charm, rustic architecture and park-like grounds create a memorable setting for your special day. Accommodating up to 400 guests, the venue offers enough indoor & outdoor options to hold your ceremony and reception.

Ballroom, Barn

1730 10th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA (425) 837-3320

Loved our venue!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Ashley D

At first the space was a little intimidating when considering decorations, because the Pickering Barn is huge! But once it was filled with out guests and decorations it was the most gorgeous venue I could have imagined. Jera was super helpful, contacting her through email was a... Read More breeze which I was thankful for because sometimes a bride just doesn't want to pick up her phone!

GORGEOUS venue!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Amanda G

My wedding turned out JUST BEAUTIFUL! Thanks in large part to the wonderful flowers/gardens at this venue. The barns also offer a rustic (hay barn) or steam punk (dairy barn) feel for whatever wedding you want to have. It's expensive, but you're paying for quality. They have... Read More all the chairs, tables, & MANY of the extras you need for you big day, as well as helpful attendants to setup/teardown so you don't have to worry about it. And, unlike some places, they are honest with their assessment of your deposit return -- a very admirable quality in an industry that loves to take money from brides/grooms.

Venue

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 holly a

I loved having my wedding at the pickering barn. Such a beautiful place and all the venues employees were so nice and helpful!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Shannon R

This venue is fantastic. Beautiful, plenty of space, great backdrops for photographs both indoor and outdoor. It is a great price for what you get and setup and cleanup help were included.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Rachel J

Even on the hottest day of June, the Pickering Barn was beautiful. The staff worked to provide us fans to keep us cool and create ways for our guests to survive the heat. They helped us clear out the venue so quickly and stayed incognito the whole time. Definitely worth pursuing... Read More and seeing if this beautiful red barn is your soon to be perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Thavanh P

This was a great place to get married and have the reception in one place.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Ellie M

We loved having our wedding at the Pickering Barn! We chose it mostly because of the size, as we had a guest list of about 250 and most venues in our price range could only hold about 100. It is so beautiful too! I wasn't involved in the set up/tear down but everything seemed to... Read More go very smoothly with the staff helping. The only bummer for us is that because its a government owned venue, we weren't able to bring our own homemade food for the reception like we were hoping to do. The venue is right across the street from Costco so we ended up buying all our food there and bringing it over, which worked out fine. Overall we loved it and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Tucie S

We loved the venue, it was perfect for our winter wedding (important to get heaters as guests were still a little cold). The only thing we didn't like was the speakers during the reception- they were pretty quiet and a little fuzzy at times making it less of a party vibe for... Read More dancing.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Jennifer N

This was my first choice for a venue because it had a beautiful outdoor space for photos, beautiful indoor space for a fall wedding and had the capacity we needed to accommodate our LARGE Asian family. It really had everything I was looking for in a venue. We kept it simple... Read More with decor and wanted the venue to stand out on it's own. However, during set up, I was under the impression that with all the information I had provided with where the tables were to go, that the staff would be aware of this. But instead I had family and friends calling me and asking where the tables were to go. I even arrived early to help with finishing touches and get dressed, and found that I still had to ask for little things such as where another table was to be present in the lobby and an easel. Regardless, the staff was amazing, helpful and very easy to work with. I loved it!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 WISTEN K

Just had my wedding here, August 7th. The venue was beautiful and perfect on the day of. The tables were set up and there were no hiccups to complicate things. The only thing that upset me was no being able to do a sparkler exit and that because the wedding was on a Sunday we... Read More had to be out by 10 pm. Most guests that worked the next day either left early or stayed till last call so it ended up being fine but I was a little sad that it was still light out for the dancing

The Perfect Setting!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Kristin G

We wanted a barn atmosphere, but didn't want our guests to have to drive far or stay far away. Pickering Barn was the perfect location, close to hotels. We were able to bring in all of our own vendors, so we could use whoever we wanted. They were really easy to work with and... Read More helped to make everything run flawlessly! If I could re-do my wedding day, I would have it at Pickering Barn again in a heartbeat!

In A Word...PERFECT!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jensen B

My daughter was married at Pickering Barn in May 2015, and they could not have been any more friendly and accommodating! I am in the wedding business, so I understand the importance reviews hold with clients. I give this venue the HIGHEST of recommendations...they were an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with. All of that PLUS gorgeous grounds...absolutely PERFECT!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Whitney T

This venue was absolutely stunning. It also had the tables, chairs, and equipment needed included (which keeps down rental costs). It was so beautiful and big to accommodate my entire extended family! The bummer is that I did it on a Saturday and because of the Farmer's... Read More Market you can't get in to set up until 3 PM. You have to have guests leave by 11 PM because you need to be cleaned up and out by midnight. If you are looking to dance into the night, it can't happen at this venue. Overall, it was clean, spacious, and beautiful. Lots of different setting for pictures!

Beautiful and Affordable

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Surekha S

This is such a spectacular venue, especially for a large wedding. Beautiful for a large outdoor (or indoor) wedding, convenient large indoor room for sit-down reception, tons of beautiful spots for photos, lots of available parking, and it's SO AFFORDABLE. I had the flexibility... Read More of going with my own vendors, and bringing my own bar supplies. We got gorgeous pictures by the gazebo and walking out in the little trail and finding nature spots for photos. It was so much fun. The staff was very expeditious transitioning from the ceremony to the reception too! Everyone was really helpful. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone trying to plan a big wedding (mine was 400 people). I love Pickering Barn!

Pickering Barn Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Juanita R

While there is no perfect venue, I found Pickering Barn to come as close as possible. From the time we met the staff to reserve the site to the day of the wedding, the staff was helpful, provided information about open houses where we could bring wedding party members, family... Read More and friends to see the venue. If staff were on site, they took time to answer any questions that needed to be asked. The day of the wedding, August 10, 2014, the staff was most helpful to the wedding planner with setup and tear down after the wedding. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Pickering Barn as a wedding site.

Pickering barn

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Rachel R

Fantastic venue! Staff were very helpful- everything looked beautiful! They provide chairs and tables (set up / take down). They also do a fabulous job with landscaping. We loved that we could bring in our choice of catering and have both indoor / outdoor space.

Great affordable venue!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Meryl

Such a gorgeous venue. Also its affordable. You don't work much with the people who run it directly, but if you have a coordinator or planner that doesn't become a problem.

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Susie M

Our wedding at the Pickering Barn was truly amazing! We fell in love with the venue immediately and loved the idea of having an open canvas to do what we wanted with! It was spacious and the grounds were very pretty - and incredibly affordable. The staff were very attentive... Read More in answering my questions quickly during the months of planning and were very easy to work with. The open houses were helpful too. Everything went off without a hitch! Thank you Pickering Barn for the great memories.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Cyndee E

This place is beautiful in the summer. It was an open space that really had what we wanted because we had kids coming to the wedding. BUT the coordinator Jera was AWFUL to work with. It became a lot more work than we had really thought out with the all DIY concepts. It turned... Read More out beautiful all in all but I wouldn't do the ALL DIY again!

Beautiful Venue, bad customer service

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 Kati N

We had a 200 person wedding at Pickering Barn and the setting and wedding day was absolutely perfect! It is a perfect setting for a "rustic/country" wedding. We used the Hay Barn for our ceremony and the Dairy Barn for our reception. The setting was beautiful (except for the... Read More big construction crane next door) and very conveniently located. However, I have to say that the event coordinator, Jera Gilmore was a nightmare to work with. We had pre-paid for our rehearsal dinner but she booked a different event on the SAME evening so we were forced to do our rehearsal the morning of our wedding! Every time we had a question for her she would send us a condescending email response with very little information. We were actually scared to ask her anything because she made us feel like we were a huge burden - I actually had to turn all communication over to my fiance because she was so rude to me. We spoke with her manager about it and asked if there was someone else we could work with but he just said that "that is how she is, she is very efficient." We were not pleased with his response - we were spending a lot of money on the venue and wished that they could have been more accommodating. So, brides - if you are going to need a lot of guidance from a venue I would not recommend Pickering Barn.

Wedding at Pickering

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Molly R

It was great. Beautiful with flower baskets and affordable venue. Best part is being able to choose own caterer and wedding planner.

Overall would recommend

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Kristen T

Pickering Barn was absolutely gorgeous! All of the flowers were blooming during my wedding (late August), which made for the perfect pictures and setting. Also, I loved that I could do my ceremony (outside), reception (big barn), and dancing (small barn) all at one venue. My... Read More only problem with the venue was the lack of customer service that was received by people helping out in my wedding and by myself. Certain issues did make it hard to have an overall perfect experience. (Hence the 4 stars) Otherwise, my wedding was perfect and I loved the venue :)

Venue Pickering Barn

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Carli S

What a beautiful venue! The flowers were in full bloom ready for some gorgeous pictures! They really do great job with the upkeep of the venue and keeping it picture perfect! The staff was very strict with a lot that we did. For instance, we had peanuts in the hay barn on... Read More top of all the cocktail tables and they made us take them off because a few people were throwing them on the ground. Kind of ruined the look of the tables. They also were very concerned when my sister came to pour me a glass of champagne before the toast with the bottle because she wasn't the bartender. It was getting a little ridiculous throughout the night with all the little things. I wish they would've relaxed a little. The value of what you get is awesome. You really get a lot for what you pay for. The staff sets up the tables and chairs and you do the rest. You really do need to hire quite a few companies to help with everything though which is how it adds up. Overall, I would recommend to friends and family.

Pickering Barn

Reviewed on 4/03/2012 Jennifer A

We had a great experience having our wedding at Pickering Barn. The staff was very helpful and everything went smoothly.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Karla S

This beautiful barn set the stage for my country/rustic meets modern wedding. The staff was great, it was so easy to get in, set-up and tear down. I would highly recommend it for a location - and not too far away either.