Invite & Write joins Reed Cohen Papers & Events

New York, NY

OUR NEW ADDITION: Margaret from Lee's Art Shop!!

Reed Cohen Papers & Events is an easily accessible midtown studio, offering fine paper, engraving, calligraphy and special gifts. We have the area's largest selection of contemporary, custom and traditional invitations, announcements, stationery for personal or corporate use, calligraphy, favors, personalized gifts and more! With the new addition of Margaret from Lee's Art Shop, we now can provide in-house printing and design. Margaret is well known and respected in the city for her custom work, attention to detail and her ability to executive ideas into a beautiful final product. We at Reed Cohen - Louann, Nancy, Bunny and Margaret - look forward to working with you in creating the paper goods that best reflect your taste, imagination and budget. Make an appointment to visit us!

Signs, Custom Invitations, Escort + Place Cards, Menus, Programs, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Embossing, Engraving, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

200 West 57th Street, New York, NY (212) 594-5942
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel P

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the women at Reed Cohen Papers and Events. Coordinating a wedding with its myriad of details is indeed overwhelming. From the moment I hired Louann and Nancy I began to take a breath. Everything that needed to be done was... Read More facilitated by them. Their demeanor is warm and friendly and I was able to relax. They guided me with regard to my venue, vendors, paper goods including Save the Date, an exquisite invitation, program, thank you notes, escort cards, place cards, table numbers, menus and wedding favors. I cannot recommend this dynamic duo strongly enough. My fiancée who was skeptical at the beginning of the process became their greatest cheerleader. Hats off to these great ladies!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jackie S

Reed Cohen was recommended to me and I couldn’t have been happier. Working with Nancy and Louann was easy from the start. From the minute I met them I felt like I knew them forever. They made all of the stress of planning a wedding go away the minute I walked into their... Read More office. As an organized person, I didn’t realize the details that go into planning one of the most important days of your life but I soon realized I wouldn’t be stressed anymore by working with them. They worked with me on every detail while keeping in my budget and almost a year later I still get compliments on my wedding invitation and throughout the evening of my wedding people kept coming up to me and telling me how beautiful all the details were and I owe it to them. I would recommend them for anything from a wedding to a simple luncheon. They will make your day fabulous from start to finish.

2016-10-24T15:43:48 Response from the vendor

We thank you for your wonderful words...you and your mom were so wonderful to work with. You made wonderful decisions and everything that you selected was stunning. We especially loved your logo. You took it off of your invitation and used it everywhere!! Again, our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Sharri K

Absolutely amazing! I was dreading the invitation process and had procrastinated as long as I could before meeting with Nancy at Reed Cohen. She was beyond lovely and helpful! She was respectful of my budget and within the time of our first meeting she had helped me design the... Read More most gorgeous invitations with so many creative and thoughtful ideas. I was beyond thrilled with the results! They exceeded all my expectations plus, I received so many compliments from my guests. She and her partner, Louann, made the entire process so enjoyable that I had regretted waiting so long to see them. They are a wealth of information and every meeting with them educated me on another aspect of the wedding process. They truly know everything pertaining to planning a wedding and their knowledge and expertise on everything (especially the invitations, programs, yarmulkes and escort cards, etc.), was invaluable. If you are unsure who to trust or which direction to go for your invitations, etc. do not hesitate to go to them. They are true professionals and a pleasure to work with and you will be thrilled with the results!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Allie S

Working with Nancy and Louann of Reed Cohen simplified what I thought was an extremely daunting task. From the moment I walked into their office they were warm, welcoming, and immediately understood what I was looking for my wedding invitation and made the entire process easy... Read More and seamless. Nancy and Louann provided their honest opinions, always kept my budget in mind and were readily available to answer any wedding related question. I very much enjoyed working with them and would highly recommend Reed Cohen for your wedding needs!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jess W

Nancy and Louann were exacting in their goals - to get me what I needed for my wedding, and to make sure that I LOVED IT. They reminded me of this many times. You have to love it! What's refreshing is that they aren't afraid to offer an honest opinion that something was crap... Read More or ugly which I really valued. In an industry where practically everything is a speciality item, and discretionary, you can feel like you are getting fleeced or upsold by wedding vendors right and left. The good news is that Nancy and Louann aren't allergic to the word budget and will be honest with you. With that said, they will not let you order flimsy paper stock and will make sure that all printed elements of the affair-- programs, menu cards, escort cards, are elegant. You also work with them as an incredibly experienced team jointly the whole way through - no clueless inexperienced assistants to worry about here. I was very happy with their computer calligraphy vendor for the invitation envelopes and would recommend them to prospective brides without hesitation.

2016-10-24T15:47:07 Response from the vendor

Jess - thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review. And of course, we loved being featured in the Westchester Magazine. We so enjoyed working with you and like proud mothers, we wish you a 'happily ever after"!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Barbara B

I was assigned the joyous task for arranging for my niece's bridal shower. I knew I needed help -- so I asked a few friends for recommendations for invitations, shower accessories and favors. And each one said the same thing: run, don't walk to Reed Cohen Papers and Events.... Read More So I did -- and the recommendations were spot-on! Nancy and Louann knew exactly what I was looking for - but they made it even better!! They were very respectful of budget. They had some many choices and great ideas- and they guided me along the road. They made the process so much fun! I was thrilled and the shower was a smash success. I wholeheartedly recommend Reed Cohen - and I will use them again and again for all of my paper goods. They are my next stop for Holiday Cards!! Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016

I had a great experience with Reed Cohen and Papers & Events. I would highly recommend them, Nancy and Louann were always available and responsive, took their time with me when we first met, and never felt rushed. In addition, they always gave their honest opinion and feedback... Read More and never push me into doing anything that was not necessary for the wedding. I randomly came upon them in a small crisis moment during my wedding planning and they were extremely helpful! I very much enjoyed my experience and would highly recommend them for wedding planning. I wish I came upon them when I first started my planning!

2016-10-24T15:48:54 Response from the vendor

Samantha - thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We were so happy to assist with your wedding accessories and answer all of your wedding questions. Wishing you a wonderful life with your groom!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Nancy truly made our wedding the best day of our lives. From the moment we met with her, we knew it was a match and it was obvious that she loves what she does. It’s usually hard to give up so much control on such an important day, but we trusted her completely. She walked us... Read More through everything, would answer our questions no matter the time, and really was like a therapist when we got overwhelmed. Her negotiating skills are something to marvel at as she kept getting the hotel to throw in extra after extra. As in all weddings, small issues arose with a vendor during the reception, but Nancy was on the case and got it resolved before anyone could tell. She took a huge weight off our shoulders on such a stressful day, and allowed us to really just enjoy the day. We would highly recommend Reed Cohen for assisting in your special day.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Stacy K

Hiring Nancy to plan our wedding was by far the best decision we made! Her expertise, attention to detail, ruthless negotiating skills, contract reading ability (former lawyer) and endless contacts in the business not only saved us a TON of money, but made our wedding seamless... Read More and unforgettable for us and our guests! I can’t tell you how many times friends have approached us after our wedding saying it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, and we have Nancy to thank for making our wedding even better than we hoped it would be! Throughout the entire planning process, Nancy’s endless tips and advice made sure we invested in the necessary upgrades when needed with our vendors and pointed out the areas where we could save money at the same time. With Nancy at our side, every dollar we invested in our wedding was well spent! We visited 15 venues before finally deciding on the Park Hyatt. When touring the ballrooms, Nancy was able to look at the ballrooms and could tell immediately if the space was going to be a good setup for our party. With a 200 person guest list, many venues say they can fit 200 people, but Nancy could tell right away whether or not they could easily fit that amount or if we would be cramped. We never would have visited the Park Hyatt without her suggesting it, and we’re thrilled that she did! Since we’re Jewish and decided to get married in July, we had to have a 7pm ceremony. Nancy suggested that we serve heavy hors d’oeuvres since people would be very hungry after the ceremony. She was able to get the hotel to give us 2 food stations in addition to 6 passed hors d’oeuvres for the same price! Later on, she also got them to throw in extra desserts on the dance floor, which were a huge hit with our guests! Most importantly, Nancy’s timeline for our reception was a HUGE factor in making our wedding the most fun! No one was sitting for long periods of time, and the dance floor was packed all night! She made sure we got the most out of our band, and it made all the difference in the world! I’m beyond grateful for all of Nancy’s time, effort and attention in making our wedding the best day ever! I would hire Nancy again in a heartbeat and have already recommended her to all of my friends in New York. If you’re dreaming of having a magical wedding that your friends and family will remember as one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to then you need to hire Nancy Cohen!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Allison K

Reed Cohen Papers & Events were fantastic to work with! They were extremely reliable and knowledgeable, I felt confident that everything would come together just right, and it did. :) Thank you reed Cohen Papers & Events for helping make my wedding the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Stephanie F

Our experience working with Nancy and her team was terrific. Selecting our save the dates and invitations was easy and enjoyable. Nancy gave us great advice along the way and we received everything quickly. Definitely a five star service!

2016-05-23T17:54:15 Response from the vendor

We thank you for your lovely review. Working with you and fiance was an absolute delight for us as well - and your invitation suite including the coordinating save the date was so special. Wishing you both a wonderful wedding....pictures please!!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Erin M

I don't even know where to begin!!! From start to finish they have thought of everything from wedding invites to welcome cards for my welcome bags! I have received so many complements and they were all done beautifully! My fiance wanted Bird names for the Tables and they... Read More customized them beautiful with stunning table holders.... Can't go wrong with Bunny, Louann and Nancy!!!

2016-05-10T15:12:07 Response from the vendor

We thank you for your wonderful review. You were an absolutely pleasure to work with...Please do not forget: you promised to send us photos!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Gillian K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Reed Cohen Papers. These ladies are complete pros. Nancy and Bunny made the process of choosing our save the dates and invitations actually a fun one. They also provided crucial input when it came to proper etiquette and language for... Read More the paper items. Nancy was respectful of my budget and helped me find both a save the date and invitation package that I loved (as did our guests - many of whom keep sending notes about our invitations!). There some things you can buy online for your wedding, but for the paper goods it's certainly worth going to the experts in person! Nancy spent a ton of time helping me mix and match elements of various invitations until we found the magic mix. These ladies are also just wonderful, fun, patient, and kind people. A pleasure to deal with. I'll be back for sure and I'll be sending my friends and family as well!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Erin M

I worked with Nancy and her team for my wedding collateral (invitations, calligraphy, menus, programs, napkins, and escort cards). She was fabulous to work with, quick to answer any questions we had and everything came out just as discussed. She made a chaotic time of planning... Read More a bit less so, and we were so thrilled with everything. I would recommend their business to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 wendy g

Shopped all around DC for wedding papers (save the date, invitation) and kept seeing the same things. I wanted new and different ... was told by friends to visit Reed Cohen Papers & Events when I was in NYC. What a find!! Nancy and Louann were amazing. They have an immense... Read More selection of save the dates - from whimsical to romantic. After talking about my vision of the wedding, they pulled sample after sample - honing in on my vision. They were very respectful of budget. I was thrilled with what I selected - and I could not have done it without them! Working with them long distance was a snap - they were beyond attentive to my questions and concerns. I wholeheartedly recommend Reed Cohen. Such professionalism and kindness. This is the place to go!! Best recommendation - EVER! My thanks and appreciation to Nancy and Louann

Custom invites

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jodi K

I had a really good experience using Reed Cohen for my invitations. I had a vision and they were able to customize something until it was exactly the way I wanted it to be. Nancy and Louann are perfectionists and revised the invites as many times as necessary (at no cost to me).... Read More Their office is conveniently located in midtown, which I appreciated. I also got my welcome bags for the hotel guests from them, and they were adorable. I would definitely recommend using Reed Cohen for your paper goods!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Debra L

An unbelievable miracle has happened!!! I found the Reed Cohen women and my life has been made so much easier with regard not only to wedding planning (for which they are doing an incredible job) but also all paper goods such as invitations, escort cards, menus, programs,... Read More hospitality bags, tags and on and on. They have even come up with a phenomenal wedding favor. Not only do I love Nancy and Louann but my demanding mother can find no fault and is thrilled that they are on board. If anyone needs hand holding. great suggestions, kindness and warmth combined with exquisite taste, these are your go to women. It is one stop shopping and the process is so pleasant. I could not be more satisfied.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 sol g

happy wife, happy life, we used reed cohen papers and events for our wedding coordinators and all paper goods. they were the best investment you made. our wedding was terrific and enjoyable. we love Nancy and Louann.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Nancy O

My friends gave me the best recommendation--Reed Cohen Papers & Events is the one!! After meeting with them a few time, I knew that I was in good hands. They offered me the most practical advice on all things wedding. And the girls could not have been nicer and more helpful.... Read More With their guidance, I ordered the most wonderful save the dates - so clever, better than I ever expected. I cannot wait to start the wedding invitation process!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Elizabeth B

This was my best wedding vendor! Louann and Nancy of Reed Cohen were patient, budget-conscious, creative, and detail-oriented in every aspect. My invitations, menus, programs, and escort cards were exquisite and so suited my wedding. I could not have been happier. Louann and... Read More Nancy are the absolute best, and I have recommended them to all my friends.

Flawless, Fabulous, Fantastic

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Nancy was the easiest person to work with. Her knowledge is amazing and she guided us through the entire process with her expertise. Nancy of course knew all the proper etiquette for every detail needed. We can't thank Nancy and her team enough for how easy she made everything... Read More for us. We used her for invitations, escort cards, napkins, everything and anything you could possibly need. She is the best!!

Great invitations

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Olivia M

I really loved working with Nancy, Louann and Bunny at Reed Cohen. They were very helpful w/my invites & thank you notes and were more than willing to share all of their wedding expertise with me. They are very knowledgeable about the industry and will help steer you in the... Read More right direction without being pushy. They are also respectful of budgetary constraints.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Sarah

Originally found Bunny, now of Reed Cohen, by doing a search on The Knot as well as some other sites, and saw the glowing reviews. I just couldn't get comfortable buying my invitations online, so I made an appointment. They were very flexible on the time and their office is... Read More centrally located in Manhattan. First off, I can't begin to say how nice these ladies are. From the minute you walk in the door, Nancy, Louann, and Bunny are welcoming and outgoing. What I liked most was their honesty. They get a feel of what you want and guide you every step of the way. They aren't afraid to say if they don't love a certain combination or layout. I ended up spending more than I'd hoped, but that's only because I saw the engraved cards and there was no going back after that. My invitation is GORGEOUS. It's completely different than what I thought it would be going in, but it turned out perfect. I can't say enough about the calligraphy services as well. Would definitely use Nancy, Bunny, and Louann at Reed Cohen again, and may be using them for other odds and ends. Thanks, ladies!

"Best Invite Ever"

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Nancie G

"Best Invite Ever" was the comment I received from some of my guests. Bunny helped us every step of the way - picking the right invite, selecting best colors, tweaking font and style, choosing most appropriate wording/text. The final product turned out great! I highly recommend... Read More Bunny and am very pleased with the final product.

Exceptional!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Shana B

Of all the vendors I used for my wedding, Bunny at Invite and Write was by far the best. She gave me one-on-one personal service that was truly exceptional. I ordered my save the dates, invitations, envelopes, programs, place cards and cocktail napkins from Invite and Write.... Read More Everything was perfection. I can't thank Bunny enough for all her help throughout my wedding planing process.