Janis Nowlan Band "Party With The Best!"

PHILA PA DE MD NJ NY CT Chesapeake Bay To Cape Cod & Poconos

Melt Your Shoes Dancing 2017 Pick Best Of Weddings

Rock your Wedding Day with 5-Star High-Energy Non-Stop Janis Nowlan Band. Live Showcase 7:30pm Wed. Oct 4. Rsvp [email protected] It's your day! Ceremony, Cocktails, Dinner & Dance Party Reception, Janis Nowlan Band is Continuous Live Music Entertainment for an unforgettable day that Brides, Grooms, Parents & Guests all rave about! Janis Nowlan keeps your party smooth & energized, and your guests entertained & engaged with amazing singers, powerhouse horns, a spectacular repertoire of latest hits & irresistible favorites tailored to your tastes melding genres & generations. 10 Times Winner of The Knot Pick Best Of Weddings, Best of Weddings Hall Of Fame Inaugural Honoree, NBC America's 15 Best Wedding Bands. "If it’s Janis Nowlan, check the Will Attend box and go party" -MainLineBiz

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

PHILA PA DE MD NJ NY CT Chesapeake Bay To Cape Cod & Poconos (610) 296-2626

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Sarah B

Do you want everyone dancing at your wedding? Do you want talented vocalists? Do you want superb musicians? Do you want a fantastic MC? If you answered YES to these questions, then you better call Janis to book them quick! Every single one of my guests gushed about how amazing... Read More this band is. Every time I looked around, not a single person was sitting. Even my mom danced, and she NEVER dances! Leading up to the wedding, Janis will work with you to create your perfect playlist and is more than happy to take special requests (just make sure you do so a couple months beforehand). No one wanted the last song to be over, and when it did, everyone stayed on the floor to give them a huge round of applause. Best band ever!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Dana S

The Janis Nowlan Band was so much fun! Planning a wedding out of town, we had to go by wedding reviews and YouTube videos to choose our band. My mom and aunt were able to go to a showcase and give us a report. My aunt called me excitedly after the showcase and said we HAD to... Read More book them! We never heard the band live until our wedding day, which I realize is somewhat untraditional, but it was a super lucky gamble. Janis played piano during our ceremony. She even learned John Williams' "Jurassic Park Theme" for us to exit our ceremony to! Then there was jazz music during our cocktail ceremony. The big band played for the whole reception. I loved talking directly to Janis on the phone to organize the night. We chose all of the ceremony music together, then the entrances. The band learned a new song for our first dance too. My husband was able to choose a few songs to play with the band, which was a huge highlight of our night (video is on their Facebook). He did not practice with them ever, but they pulled it off seamlessly! One of the things that impressed me most is that Janis said they didn't really play with a set list, they adjusted based on the crowd. Our families were up dancing all night. The Janis Nowlan Band is a group of super talented musicians, with fun personalities, who seem like they really love what they do. They were a wonderful addition to our wedding and I would highly recommend to anyone wanting live music.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Leigh Ann C

Working with Janis Nowlan and her band was such a wonderful experience.  We started our journey sampling different bands for our special day and instantly knew that this band was the perfect fit for us.  We just couldn't stop dancing!  We wanted a team of people that could light... Read More up the room and get people out on the dance floor! You can't help yourself but dance and sing along with the band.  Their music just brings everyone alive!  Every single member of the band is enthusiastic and animated.  They play such a diverse range of music and found a way to appeal to every guest at the celebration.  Janis, the band leader, gave us nothing to worry about.  She was excited for our wedding and often called to chat about our wedding day to ensure that it was perfect, and it was.  Janis and her band learned to play my father/daughter dance song that my father and I danced to when I was in fourth grade! The song and the dance will be cherished forever!  Janis asked us what kind of music we were looking for and our only request was that we wanted them to fill the room with energy and keep our guest dancing.  We have never danced so much in our lives!!!  They ran the show so flawlessly and really made our celebration special. So many of our guests had so many amazing things to say about the band! Everyone truly had a remarkable time! We can't wait to become their newest groupies and follow them around to hear them play!  It's really an experience everyone should have.  Their music fills the heart with happiness! You are truly missing out if you don’t choose the Janis Nowlan Band !! -The Chominski/DeBlasios

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Lauren S

The Janis Nowlan band was absolutely incredible! They were the band for our wedding in August and completely blew us away. All of our guests were dancing the entire time and were raving about the band then and continue to do so now. The music was amazing. Janis is extremely... Read More thorough and spent time talking to me on the phone going through every detail. The Janis Nowlan band truly helped our dream wedding come to life!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Sue M

Fantastic Folks- Tremendous Band, guaranteed good time!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Monica B

The Janis Nowlan band were amazing at our wedding this June. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time, even people that usually don't like to dance! I liked them so much that we had them play for an extended time. Everyone raved about the band and wanted them to perform at... Read More their own weddings. I would definitely recommend the Janis Nowlan band for anyone who cares about music and making the dance floor one of the best parts of their wedding.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Maureen R

We had a fantastic experience working with the Janis Nowlan band. We attended a friend's wedding and knew they HAD to be our wedding band. They had everyone on the dance floor all night long. Janis is very accommodating and detail-oriented when planning the evening. She... Read More called to confirm she had the appropriate line-up of events such as toasts, dances, etc. and she made it a point to learn everyone's names in our wedding party. Thank you for the best party of our lives! We recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to every couple looking to have a lively and fun reception!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Amber B

Janis Nowlan made our wedding unforgettable. From the second they opened up the dance floor, our guests were having the time of their lives. Family and friends of all ages - from 5 to 80 - tore up the dance floor and had a blast! Janis also lends an extremely personal touch.... Read More She and I talked on the phone numerous times leading up to the wedding so that Janis could make sure all our details and requests were in perfect order. Janis and her band live up to the hype. I would choose her again in a second! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Dana W

Janis Nowlan and her band are truly the best! They definitely made my wedding day a day to remember! They kept everyone dancing and no one wanted to leave! I am so glad my mom recommended them to us and are well worth it as they work hard to make sure their guests are happy!... Read More Janis is a gem to work with!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Ross W

The Janis Nowlan Band made my wedding a day I will never forget they kept my guests moving all day my family and friends all came up to me and said how awesome the band was. They truly are the best band i have ever heard my now wife and i were very happy with how they performed... Read More and very accommodating to anything that we wanted to do. Once again they are truly the best band i have ever heard and i hope everyone can use them for any kind of event that they need.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Douglas L

Best wedding band out there. Janis was awesome. She was very helpful throughout the whole process. The band is fantastic and everyone danced all night. The number one comment we received from our wedding was about how good the band was. since we live in New York and got married... Read More in philly it was hard for us to actually go see bands, so we ended up booking Janis based on YouTube videos! it was scary but we 100% made the right decision. Book the Janis Nowlan Band. They are the best.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Andreina S

You know you are partying with the best when you partying with Janis and her band! She is amazing and made our reception tons of fun from beginning to end. Janis and all the band members were super nice and fun to dance and sing along. My family is from Venezuela, my husband's... Read More from Philadelphia and everybody had a wonderful time with the music. Janis and the band made sure to adapt the music repertoire to all tastes and cultures, and offered a welcoming environment so everybody could hit the dance floor. I think I barely sat down during the whole night because it was so much fun every song they played! I HIGHLY recommend Janis Nowland Band

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Courtney K

Janis Nowlan and her band were absolutely amazing! My husband and I could not have been happier to have had them as part of our wedding in August 2016. The dance floor was filled all night long thanks to their fun, high-energy performance—guests are still telling me how much... Read More they loved the music! Janis took the time to make a personalized plan with us before the event, and even learned two new songs we requested. From the ceremony to the cocktail hour and all through the reception, they helped make our big day complete. I highly recommend Janis and her band!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Megan F

The Janis Nowlan Band played for my wedding on 11/26/2016; and it was awesome! Janis had everyone dancing all night. The guests were all totally thrilled, as were we. Janis was easy to work with, very professional and organized. Highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Adrian L

Janis and her band absolutely MADE my wedding. Our guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night. If you want to have a wedding where guests are devastated when the music stops then book the Janis Nowlan Band now. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carolyn B

NO COMPARISON First saw the Janis Nowlan Band perform years ago, they were absolutely phenomenal and they have only gotten better since! Our daughter's wedding was a blast, everyone was still on the dance floor at the end of the night and no one wanted the music to end! They... Read More are in the business of making dreams come true and they are better at it than anyone! Incredibly talented musicians who are an absolute pleasure to deal with, love, love, love them! We can never thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer B

JANIS NOWLAND BAND is AMAZING. Our guests cannot stop raving about how great the music was and how fun the party was. They are a pleasure to work with and absolutely bring the house down. My feet still hurt from dancing so much. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jacqueline K

Jacqueline said... There are not enough words to express how much I LOVE this band nor is there enough stars to rate them! I always told myself that when I got married I would have a DJ instead of a live band. Well, that all changed when I got the chance to see the Janis Nowlan... Read More Band play at a friends wedding. I was in love and instantly hooked! I knew that this was the band I wanted for my wedding. As soon as my husband and I were engaged, I contacted Janis. I then took my husband and my parents to one of the band's showcases and they were blown away! Janis is an incredible person! During the entire planning process she checked in and asked about our family and it felt like we had known her our whole lives! When the big day started to get closer, Janis made sure she took care of everything. We were able to pick our wedding song and parent dance songs as well as all the songs they played at our wedding. This band has no limits! They can play anything from country to soul to pop to rock, even the popular novelty dances! We went over introductions, ceremony music, cocktail music, EVERYTHING. Janis made sure that I had one less thing to stress about. When it came time to dance, the amazing band was incredible and they didn't miss a beat! They had everyone from my 1&1/2 year old daughter to my 92 year old grandmother on the dance floor! We had the perfect wedding and I have to give a big thank you to the Janis Nowlan Band for being a big part of that perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Cyndi M

Janis and the band were amazing! I am an older bride and wanted a band that would make for a great party. I picked the right band! Janis was helpful prior to the wedding helping me with my timeline, (I didn't want to do typical wedding stuff throughout the night), was great... Read More when I asked her to shorten our first dance song and created a spot on dance list suited for our guests. Everyone had a great time. I have to apologize to my guests if I didn't get around to see them at their tables, but once dinner was over no one was sitting for the rest of the night! The band was outstanding and I highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to use at your next event!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Paige S

AMAZING. Everyone danced the entire night. They really are the best. Janis is so great to work with! Have to been to multiple weddings where they have played and they are always amazing.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Devin W

Hands down the BEST wedding band in the area! We were fortunate enough to see Janis Nowlan and the band live at a friend's wedding and when my husband and I got engaged, there was no question about who we were going to call first. Janis works with you directly and is the epitome... Read More of professional. She also is genuinely excited about making your wedding day special and getting your guests on the dance floor. We worked together to plan the day-of-schedule, so it was tailored to our needs and wants (like getting people dancing right away, when to do the special dances, speeches, cake cutting, etc). She and the band also learned some special song requests we had and did a dance-off, which our guests loved. So many guests commented on how great the band was and that it was the BEST that they have ever heard. I may be bias but I agree!!! Thank you Janis, Rick, & band!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lane C

One of the best decisions of our September 24, 2016 wedding was having The Janis Nolan Band. We are now about a month out and have had time to reflect on our perfect day and hear guests feedback, and every single person I talk to has said what an incredible band we had. We are... Read More going through a time where we are back-to-back weekends with weddings, so we notice details about other weddings. They played the entire time, including when people were eating, and also did not take a break. I have noticed that this is rare in the wedding band industry and so important to keep the party going!! Their music appeals to old and young alike, they are lively and entertaining, and they helped to ensure the most important day of our lives was seamless. If I could do it all over again, without a doubt I would book Janis and her team.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jamie B

When looking for a wedding band, one of my criteria was that I wanted people dancing so much that people were splitting their pants. Janis Nowlan band went one step further! I thought people were going to fall through the floor! They know the exact mixture of science and art to... Read More getting EVERYONE out on the dance floor and keeping them there, having a good time. They played for 4-5 hours straight. No band breaks! Granted it was my wedding but I have never had so much fun and I even got to sing a song with the band to my bride. It is almost a month later and the wedding is all friends and family are talking about. Kudos to Janis and her band. They are amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lucy D

We had the pleasure of having the incredible Janis nowlan band perform at our wedding on 9/25/16. After an initial phone call with Janis, we attended their showcase. They were the only band we went to see, by far the best out of all the weddings either of us have been to... so... Read More right then and there we cancelled our plans to see other bands, they were that amazing! When it comes to planning, Janis is so organized and on top of your wedding schedule, and she is so warm and cheerful on the phone it was always a pleasure to hear from her throughout the wedding planning process. We had so much fun choosing the songs we wanted for our setlist and narrowing the songs down was so hard because they have an incredible range. They even agreed to learn my husbands favorite song which is an obscure Grateful Dead song called Peggy-O... the guitarist/singer knocked it out of the park ! We had them for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They did an amazing job with our introductions and hora and kept everyone dancing all night, even my mother who I have never seen dance before. Our guests were literally looking at each other in amazement at how good the band was, and so many people commented that their songs sounded just like the originals. When they called the last song we couldn't believe it was already over, and now we wish we could have another party so we can bring Janis and her band back! We had an outdoor wedding at the waterworks which is a public space, we found out later that when they heard the music, passerbys stopped to dance in the street for hours! Do not hesitate to book the Janis Nowlan band, your guests will be so impressed when they walk in and see the 13 piece band on stage... then after the party they won't stop raving after they've heard the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Alix F

I absolutely loved working with Janis and her band! They are highly rated for a reason - they deliver talent and professionalism that equate to you and your guests having the absolute best time on the dance floor. Janis truly cares about each wedding - with several phone calls... Read More to hammer out every detail for the day of to make you (the bride) stress free! Despite our wedding weather being ridiculously hot - every single person was on that dance floor dancing (and sweating) up a storm and it made me so happy to see my guests having such a fantastic time. I hope to go to weddings in the future where Janis and her band are playing because I know it'll be nothing but a great time. If you are looking for a wedding band - you should just stop here and book The Janis Nowlan band. You won't regret it.

2017 Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame Bandleader Janis Nowlan

Live Showcase 7:30pm Wed. October 4, Crowne Plaza Phila King Of Prussia Hotel "They are in the business of making dreams come true and they are better at it than anyone!" It’s your day! Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame Bandleader Janis Nowlan helps you plan music for the Wedding Celebration of your dreams. A music and Wedding Pro, Janis gets your party started and keeps it smooth and energized with the very best live music to keep you & all your guests dancing non-stop! Unforgettable, professional, so fun! Awarded The Knot 2017 Best Of Weddings 10th Time, and NBC America's 15 Best Wedding Bands!