Janis Nowlan Band "Party With The Best!"

Greater Philadelphia Maryland Delaware North & South Jersey

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2008 09

Greater Philadelphia Maryland Delaware North & South Jersey

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lucy D

We had the pleasure of having the incredible Janis nowlan band perform at our wedding on 9/25/16. After an initial phone call with Janis, we attended their showcase. They were the only band we went to see, by far the best out of all the weddings either of us have been to... so... Read More right then and there we cancelled our plans to see other bands, they were that amazing! When it comes to planning, Janis is so organized and on top of your wedding schedule, and she is so warm and cheerful on the phone it was always a pleasure to hear from her throughout the wedding planning process. We had so much fun choosing the songs we wanted for our setlist and narrowing the songs down was so hard because they have an incredible range. They even agreed to learn my husbands favorite song which is an obscure Grateful Dead song called Peggy-O... the guitarist/singer knocked it out of the park ! We had them for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They did an amazing job with our introductions and hora and kept everyone dancing all night, even my mother who I have never seen dance before. Our guests were literally looking at each other in amazement at how good the band was, and so many people commented that their songs sounded just like the originals. When they called the last song we couldn't believe it was already over, and now we wish we could have another party so we can bring Janis and her band back! We had an outdoor wedding at the waterworks which is a public space, we found out later that when they heard the music, passerbys stopped to dance in the street for hours! Do not hesitate to book the Janis Nowlan band, your guests will be so impressed when they walk in and see the 13 piece band on stage... then after the party they won't stop raving after they've heard the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Tory G

When my husband and I started planning our wedding we agreed that there were three main things that make a wedding great: good food, free alcohol and great music. To say that the Janis Nowlan Band was great is a major understatement. These guys were phenomenal from day one.... Read More Janis is thorough and gets to know the bride and the groom and is sure to make everything is unique and special for the big day. She made sure of every detail. At the wedding, everything was just how we imagined it. They played for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. At the reception our guests (grandparent included) were on the dance floor from start to finish. Throughout the night I had guests asking about the band so they could recommend them to other couples. We are so pleased with their performance. I would recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to any Bride and Groom who are looking to dance the night away!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Dan L

I argued with my wife about a band vs a DJ - I've been to weddings where the band just wasn't "on" and it just kills the mood of a party. I was even more skeptical when I was reading reviews of Janis - "Nobody can be THAT good", I thought to myself. I was wrong. Janis and the... Read More rest of her band were amazing. You don't need to worry with Janis, she does all that for you! But in truth, what she does is put on a show with a personal touch and class/grace that's a step beyond what anyone would expect. We have been getting compliments all week from her show and I couldn't be happier with our decision. Her piano playing for the ceremony brought me to tears. Her guitarist ripped off a rock solo that literally stopped the room in its tracks, listening to him shred until they transitioned into AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long". Find me another band that can do that! This isn't a "wedding band". It's not even a band that plays weddings. Janis and the crew are an experience. Book them and you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Paige S

AMAZING. Everyone danced the entire night. They really are the best. Janis is so great to work with! Have to been to multiple weddings where they have played and they are always amazing.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Devin W

Hands down the BEST wedding band in the area! We were fortunate enough to see Janis Nowlan and the band live at a friend's wedding and when my husband and I got engaged, there was no question about who we were going to call first. Janis works with you directly and is the epitome... Read More of professional. She also is genuinely excited about making your wedding day special and getting your guests on the dance floor. We worked together to plan the day-of-schedule, so it was tailored to our needs and wants (like getting people dancing right away, when to do the special dances, speeches, cake cutting, etc). She and the band also learned some special song requests we had and did a dance-off, which our guests loved. So many guests commented on how great the band was and that it was the BEST that they have ever heard. I may be bias but I agree!!! Thank you Janis, Rick, & band!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lane C

One of the best decisions of our September 24, 2016 wedding was having The Janis Nolan Band. We are now about a month out and have had time to reflect on our perfect day and hear guests feedback, and every single person I talk to has said what an incredible band we had. We are... Read More going through a time where we are back-to-back weekends with weddings, so we notice details about other weddings. They played the entire time, including when people were eating, and also did not take a break. I have noticed that this is rare in the wedding band industry and so important to keep the party going!! Their music appeals to old and young alike, they are lively and entertaining, and they helped to ensure the most important day of our lives was seamless. If I could do it all over again, without a doubt I would book Janis and her team.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jamie B

When looking for a wedding band, one of my criteria was that I wanted people dancing so much that people were splitting their pants. Janis Nowlan band went one step further! I thought people were going to fall through the floor! They know the exact mixture of science and art to... Read More getting EVERYONE out on the dance floor and keeping them there, having a good time. They played for 4-5 hours straight. No band breaks! Granted it was my wedding but I have never had so much fun and I even got to sing a song with the band to my bride. It is almost a month later and the wedding is all friends and family are talking about. Kudos to Janis and her band. They are amazing!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Alix F

I absolutely loved working with Janis and her band! They are highly rated for a reason - they deliver talent and professionalism that equate to you and your guests having the absolute best time on the dance floor. Janis truly cares about each wedding - with several phone calls... Read More to hammer out every detail for the day of to make you (the bride) stress free! Despite our wedding weather being ridiculously hot - every single person was on that dance floor dancing (and sweating) up a storm and it made me so happy to see my guests having such a fantastic time. I hope to go to weddings in the future where Janis and her band are playing because I know it'll be nothing but a great time. If you are looking for a wedding band - you should just stop here and book The Janis Nowlan band. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Stacy S

My husband and I are so glad we chose to have Janis and her band celebrate with us on our very special day. They are a group of vibrant and talented people that had all of our guests in awe. The dance floor was full throughout the whole night. Our friends and family cannot stop... Read More talking about how amazing the band was and how sore they were the next day! Bandleader Janis was such a delight to work with. She was so very professional and organized, and did not hesitate to give us feedback/recommendations that we as a couple greatly appreciated. Janis and her band truly are the best and no one can compare. Thank you for making our day extra special and memorable!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Karen T

I am the mother of the bride and want to give the highest possible recommendation to Janis Nowlan and her band. They blew me away at their showcase and they were absolutely incredible at my daughters wedding in August 2016. Janis was wonderful to work with. She is very... Read More personable, professional, and organized. She runs the event beautifully. The music she provided for the prelude, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were A+++++. She and the band learned two very important songs for our event and did an incredible job. Once the dancing started, the dance floor was packed all night. We didn't want the party to end they were so great! Don't hesitate to book this fantastic band!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

We don't even know where to begin to express our gratitude to Janis and the Band for the wonderful performance they put on at our daughter and son in laws wedding. Our guests are still raving about it. We knew the first time we heard them we had to have this band at our wedding... Read More and we now know we picked the BEST band around. The energy in the room that nitght was phenomenal and we owe it all to the Janis Nowlan Band. Alyssa and Tom had the time of their lives as did all of us. Janis and her band were terrific to work with during the whole planning process. We will highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band and hope to see them again. Thank you Janis from the bottom of our hearts. Jackie &Jeff Koscelansky

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Alyssa K

Janis Nowlan and her band are truly the best of the best!!! Janis Nowlan Band was the 1st band I went to see at a showcase during my wedding planning process and the only band I saw. After the first time meeting Janis and her band and hearing them perform, I knew this was the... Read More band I wanted to play at my wedding and I booked them the next morning after the showcase! Janis is WONDERFUL to work with and makes sure to take care of all requests as best as she can. I even asked if her band knew how to play the new Justin Timberlake song a few weeks before my wedding and she said they were going to do their best to learn it and she did make sure to play it and I was blown away with how good everyone sounded! I want to go back to my wedding just to relive the dancing and partying that Janis Nowlan Band provided. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish and everyone is still talking about how great the band was and how much fun they had! If you are looking for a band who is fun, energetic, interactive, professional, and upbeat then this is the band you need to get to make your wedding unforgettable! Thank you Janis and the Janis Nowlan Band- we had a BLAST!!!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016

WOW! What a fantastic time we had at our son and daughter-in-law's wedding! It wouldn't have been the same without the Janis Nowlan Band. From the cocktail hour to the last song of the night, our reception guests couldn't say enough about how awesome, fantastic, wonderful, and... Read More "out-of -this-world" the band was! We were all under the spell of the magical, musical masterpiece performance of the Janis Nowlan Band. No one could resist the urge to dance. Even guests who "never dance", couldn't stay off the dance floor. And so... we all just danced the night away!! Kudos to all of you for your superb talent, perfect personalization, and ultimate professionalism! Your energy was contagious, your timing impeccable, and your entertainment was exhilarating!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this event the "wedding of the decade"!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

I don't know even where to begin: we LOVED everything about the Janis Nowlan Band for our wedding at the Constitution Center. Definitely go to one of their music showcases to check them out, and you'll get chills! We wanted a very Philly-themed wedding, and they helped us do... Read More just that with everything from Philadelphia Freedom to Fly Eagles Fly. They can play just about any song from any era! EVERYONE was dancing, and we are still receiving compliments on how great this band was at our wedding! The whole band is super nice and friendly and they have so much fun doing what they're good at, and it shows! Janis was super professional and easy-going. I loved working with her to plan my wedding and hope that we can work together again in the future.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Jami L

Best band ever! We couldn't have asked for a better band for our New Years Eve wedding! Janis was amazing during our ceremony and cocktail hour but blew us away during the reception! Everything was timed perfectly and played so well! Thank you Janis and band members for... Read More helping to make our wedding day a blast!

Amazing Wedding Band

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band kept people on the dance floor throughout the night with great sound and a wide variety of music to please everyone. We never wanted to take a break!

Janis Nowlan Band

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I met Janis Nowlan and her Band nine years ago when they agreed, on short notice, to perform at my wife's 50th birthday party. They were fantastic! Since then Janis and the Band have performed at four of my children's weddings, and numerous charity and corporate events that... Read More I have been involved with. The most recent event was my daughter's wedding and Janis and the Band were phenomenal. They continue to consistently perform and entertain at the highest level. Rave reviews once again from all of our guests and family members!! John Sprandio

The Best Band!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Kate S

The Janis Nowlan Orchestra performed at our daughter's wedding on 12/04/2015. We booked them one year before the wedding because we knew if we wanted the wedding to be successful......Janis was the one to call! We have had a 9 year history with the band.......birthday... Read More celebrations, our three sons weddings, holiday office party, etc. Janis and her bandmates are fabulous! Everyone danced and had a wonderful time. They are engaging and great musicians. I believe they had as much fun as our guests! Our next celebration will definfitely include the band. It is a sure way to have a very successful celebration! Thank you Janis, you are the best!!!

Amazing band!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I have been to several events at which the Janis Nowlan Band played so there was no doubt who we wanted to play our wedding. We could not be happier! Several guest commented during and after the wedding about how great the band was. The music was great and literally everyone was... Read More dancing. They even learned our first dance song and it turned out perfect. The timing was seamless throughout the night for everything from calling up the best man and maid of honor for speeches to cake cutting and all the little in between moments we didnt think of. Even giving a thank you to my grandparents, the oldest married couple there. I can not say enough good things about this band!

Like family!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Mary R

Janis Nowland band is phenomenal! They really take the time to get to know your style and what music you like. They also know how to improvise and get the crowd going. We used them for our wedding 7 years ago and I've used them as an event planner professionally. My THREE sister... Read More in laws have used them as well. Janis has become like family! You can't go wrong, they know the latest songs, and the tried and true greatest hits!!

Wonderful Band

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 MaryKate B

Janis was wonderful to work with, very professional and covered all the details, and just a nice person. The band was perfect played all the right music had everyone up dancing. Would highly recommend them if you want to have a good time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessie M

All the while my mom was helping us plan our wedding, she kept saying that the band would make or break the reception. Janis Nowlan band *made* it. The music was spot-on; the volume was perfect for a relatively small room; and multiple people who told me ahead of time that they... Read More "don't dance at weddings" were up and moving! I feel strongly that if you need to cut something else out of your budget just to make room for a spectacular band, this one would be worth it. Thank you so much.

Look no further

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding. I spent the entire night on the dance floor with my guests. They played the perfect mix of new songs with the classics. The band actually plays all of the music, unlike the other popular wedding bands that play to backing tracks. They... Read More are extremely talented musicians and worth every penny!

Let's party

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jesse M

I grew up playing music and played through college. It is one of the most important things to me and there was no way I was going to cut corners on my wedding day. There is nothing more influential on the mood of a party than the music. My husband and I heard the Janis Nowlan... Read More band on the Internet and it was a no brainier to book them for our fall wedding. The 11 person band did not disappoint! People were raving about the performance. Not only did the party people love dancing to the great variety of music, the non dancers had a blast just watching. Almost like a mini concert. Janis was so easy to work with, took great notes so was plugged in and on top of what we wanted, was on time, and her band was fun and upbeat. You will be totally blown away with Janis and the quality of the performance of the band. It was everything I always wanted!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Bevlin C

Without a doubt, the Janis Nowlan Band was the best wedding band we have ever seen! They played such a great selection of music and had everyone out on the dance floor all night long.

Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame Bandleader Janis Nowlan

Showcase 4pm Sun Nov 13 http://JanisNowlan.com It’s your day! Award Winning Bandleader Janis Nowlan helps you plan music for the celebration of your dreams. A music and wedding industry professional, Janis gets your party started and keeps it smooth and energized with the very best live music to keep you and all of your guests dancing non-stop! Unforgettable, Professional, So Fun! Janis Nowlan Band, The Knot 2016 Pick Best Of Weddings 9th Year, First Philadelphia - Delaware Band Voted Into the Knot Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame, Chosen NBC America's 15 Best Wedding Bands. [email protected]

Start a Conversation!