Janis Nowlan Band "Party With The Best!"

Pennsylvania New Jersey Delaware Maryland New York Conn. RI

Award Winning Best Dance Party Band PA NJ MD DE NY

Live Showcase Wednesday October 14. Rock Your Wedding Reception With The Janis Nowlan Band. Amazing Singers, Powerhouse Horns! 5 Star Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame High Energy Non-Stop Dance Party Band Chosen NBC America's 15 Best Wedding Bands! Pennsylvania Delaware Maryland New Jersey NY Connecticut

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

Bow2008 09

Pennsylvania New Jersey Delaware Maryland New York Conn. RI

Look No Further Than The Janis Nowlan Band

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Heather R

I will preface this by saying I am not someone who usually acts on hunches or gut feelings. I usually research the HELL out of things before making a decision, especially when it is a major spend. From the first time I spoke with Janis, I knew she and her band would make our... Read More wedding a personalized experience, something unique to me and my husband. We listened to a couple of videos online and read some reviews, but not a lot. And then we went to a showcase. This was the first and last showcase we attended. My now husband and I decided after their first set that the Janis Nowlan Band was the perfect band for our wedding. They are true musicians, not just wedding singers. Every single one of this 11 piece band is magnificent. Janis is both the bandleader and the clerk of the works -- she pays attention to every detail to make sure song requests are honored, the wedding party and parents announced, and the party runs smoothly. In dealing with her in the months, weeks, and days leading up to the wedding, I would have thought that ours was the only wedding on their calendar! Our wedding was just a few weeks ago and the notes from guests are still streaming in -- most of them comment on how amazing the band was! Everyone from age 8 to 85 literally danced from the get-go until the last note. So fun!

What a party!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Katie K

Having attended a best friend's wedding shortly after we got engaged where Janis Nowlan Band was performing, Zach and I knew we just had to have them at ours! It was our first wedding planning decision! Their band is the real deal and runs deep in instruments! Because of... Read More this, they are able to play continuously all night long with the size of their band and are wonderful entertainers! A couple of the members played for our reception cocktail hour, then the full band during dinner with lighter sounds then really turned it up for the dancing after dinner! They know how to gauge a party and keep it going all night. This is the reason why I trusted Janis so much, especially since we love the "oldies" which JNB does SO well but they are just as good, if not better, with the through the ages and newer stuff and depending on the crowd, they know exactly what to play and when. I cannot say enough about JNB's musical talent but what made the planning process and night all the more meaningful was the dedication and passion for excellence that Janis exudes. Her detailed attention and planning for our date made me feel in such good hands and her passion made it all the more fun and exciting!! A friend in London that could not make our wedding in Philadelphia emailed me the week after the wedding saying how amazing she heard the band was and already booked them for her wedding next summer in 2016!! Thank you Janis Nowlan Band for making our wedding celebration all the more sweet and FUN!!!

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Jennifer J

First of all, I inquired with multiple bands in the Philadelphia region, and I ultimately chose the Janis Nowlan Band (Mainly because Janis was so fantastic to deal with and extremely professional). Every time I had an sort of question big or small she would get back to me right... Read More away. Moreover, when it came to going over the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, Janis was very open and had extremely helpful suggestions if I ever wasn't sure of what song I wanted where. My father also wanted to plan something special and he dealt directly with Janis. The surprise was absolutely perfect, and my parents were so happy to have such a kind and professional person to handle our wedding reception! As far as our reception, she managed the night flawlessly. It was absolutely perfect. All of the guests are still raving about the band! They were just great! I would highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Cassie H

We had the first Janis Nowlan Band wedding in our family... for a reason! After seeing them twice before, my groom was so excited to have them at our wedding. I chatted with Janis for months because I had a specific song that I wanted for my walk down the aisle. We worked... Read More together to find the perfect arrangement and on the day of, it was exactly what I wanted. We also spent hours going over every detail from order of events to name pronunciation. It was so nice feeling like she was putting so much effort into our big day. The band kept the party going so well. They helped each part of the reception flow nicely so that there was no downtime. They had the dance floor packed with "Uptown Funk" and "Shut Up and Dance With Me." It was so nice to have such recent music and it definitely got the party started! Janis Nowlan Band is an amazing choice if you want to have a great party!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 lauren S

Janis Nowlan Band was by far the best wedding band Chris and I could have ever imagined! They were absolutely fantastic! The music was non stop and I did not leave the dance floor once! Every song they played was even better than the one before. We were married at the... Read More Atrium at Curtis Center and I was worried about the acoustics inside the building, but sure enough the sound was perfect. Janis and her members were perfectionists and it showed throughout their performance. Music is one of the most important pieces to making a great wedding! Chris & Lauren Houser

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Caitlin S

I can not say enough good things about Janis Nowlan Band. Janis' attention to detail is unmatched, which helped our day go off without a hitch. The band learned our first dance song, as well as my sorority song and they were perfect. The jazz trio performed at the cocktail hour... Read More and set the perfect ambiance. After speeches, they got the party started immediately. They had people up who NEVER dance, myself included, up and dancing the whole night. My dad even got down and did the curly shuffle. Their energy is incredible and they love to include guests in the singing. I received so many compliments on this band and still have people asking me other places they can go see them. At the end of the night, we chanted for one more song and the band complied. It was perfect and I can not thank them enough for making our day exactly how we wanted it...a big party with non-stop dancing. If you want to have a fabulous time, Janis Nowlan Band is without a doubt your choice!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Lindsey F

Thanks to the Janis Nowlan Band the dance floor was hot at our wedding reception on June 13, 2015. We had such an amazing time dancing the night away and we did not want it to ever end. The band put on a wonderful performance that our guests are still raving about. I appreciate... Read More how Janis personalized the evening for us from discussing song selections to making sure she had all the details just right. My husband and I will always remember our family and friends who were smiling, singing and dancing along with us all night long. The energy and love was electric on that dance floor and we owe it to this phenomenal band. The Janis Nowlan Band did an excellent job and we highly recommend them for your wedding entertainment! Lindsey & Matt

Best Band!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Brittany R

The best band! Our wedding was dancing the entire night!

Classy Fun!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Michelle K

Janis Nowlan Band is a band that goes the extra mile. As the bride, I never once hesitated that the band would be a problem. Janis is so personal and remembers every detail! Hands down I would recommend this band to anyone who is looking for great music, dancing, and an... Read More enjoyable time!

Amazing band that treats you like family!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Tee B

My husband and I saw the Janis Nowlan Band play at a friends wedding a few weeks after we got engaged. We hadn't started planning yet, but he said, "I don't care what else you plan, but we have to have this band!" We very soon after hired the band to play at our reception and a... Read More jazz trio to play at cocktail hour. Throughout the entire year of planning, Janis was so easy to work with. She responded to my many emails about how things worked, offered advice, and went above and beyond with accommodating us to make our day perfect. Janis learned three new songs for us to make our day absolutely perfect! She even calmed my fears about doing a choreographed dance with a live band having never heard the song performed by them. Everything went perfectly and our guests (many of them musicians themselves) all were raving about the band! The dance floor never cleared or thinned out. People were dancing all night long! Janis even allowed us to have a special guest performer use her keyboard, which was amazingly generous! We can't say enough great things about this group. If you want a full dance floor all night, this is the band to pick!!!!

"It sounded so real, I thought it a live recording"

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kate H

I live in Seattle and hadn't heard or met Janis until our wedding, but she was perfect! My parents INSISTED on having a band (they are old school) and I didn't really care either way, but I'm glad we did it! We had so fun and people I thought wouldn't be dancing were! She... Read More honored every special request we had, including "Luckiest" for our wedding song, playing the Monday Night Football theme song for all of our intros (best idea EVER, thanks hubby), and allowed us to bring in a CD for our first dance per our request. I'll leave the rest of my review to the compliments I recieved after the wedding: 1. "It sounded so real, I thought it a live recording" 2. "Every time I looked up, I was thinking 'this is too good, it can't be the band'. I was shocked everytime that it was them singing!" 3. One husband about his wife, "Oh my god, my wife is dancing like a 20 year old. I don't even know who she is anymore! This is great!" In general, we recieved the most compliments about the food (important to me) and the band. I was on the dance floor the entire night! I barely had a voice for my honeymoon!

Amazing Band

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Joanna M

Everyone still talks about my wedding and highlights the amazing Janis Nowlan Band. They play fun music, have a way of engaging everyone, and got everyone up to dance. Janis was very easy to work with. She spent hours with me on several phone conversations to plan and make sure... Read More everything would go perfectly. On my wedding day, I had no anxiety and knew everything would go smoothly. You must have this band!!!!

Your guests will rave about this band!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

There are some reviews that give 5 stars to bands for showing up on time and playing recognizable music. This review is not one of those. Janis Nowlan and her band are simply superb. She had the entire party dancing from start to finish with a great mix of old and new... Read More songs. With barely any recommendations, Janis ran the whole night by herself and even adjusted to the songs that got most people dancing. She is a wonderful person to work with and even worked with the best men to sing an introduction to the first dance - and idea that was created less than a week before the wedding. If you hire Janis, you don't just get a great band, you get the assurance that your friends and family will remark on how great your band was for years to come. P.S. We hire Janis for three Bar Mitzvahs 10 years ago and hired her again because she was so fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Leyla M

Have you ever been to a wedding where, at the end of the night, when the lights are turned up, the guests scream the band into an encore??? This is that band, and it happened at our wedding. They are worth every penny, and we consider ourselves SO lucky that we were able to book... Read More them. Janis and band, thank you so very much for everything. You were amazing.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amy D

I've been a guest at two weddings with Janis and her band and they are AMAZING! Tons of variety, really well performed, great dancing, interacts well with the crowd while ensuring the bride and groom are the star of the show. The music and singing are top quality and fun, fun,... Read More fun. You will not regret signing this band for your event. :)

Incredible Band!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lisa Y

The Janis Nowlan band played at my wedding in October 2014. This party band is unbelievable. They had a great mix of newer and classic songs that set the tone for the entire wedding. They had everyone - young and old - on the dance floor the entire night. The compliments... Read More were overwhelming from our guests – everyone couldn’t rave enough about their energy and incredible sound. Aside from talent, the bandleader, Janis is amazing. She is helpful, patient and goes above and beyond in terms of servicing her clients. She answered all of my (many!) questions and had really great recommendations to make our wedding special and memorable. Her and the band are true professionals – highly, highly recommend!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Elizabeth S

Janis did a wonderful job, our guests didn't want to stop dancing!! She was so helpful, from crafting an entrance song for us, to learning the song we wanted to end the night with - she was fabulous!

We will never have another wedding without Janis Nowlan Band!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Janis Nowland Band is the best wedding band ever! You couldnt ask for a more professional group of people....and so nice! The band rocked our party from beginning to end and to be honest....made the wedding of our daughter and her groom - the happiest day of our lives. They are... Read More worth every penny you have to borrow for this wonderful band! You will not regret hiring the Janis Nowlan Band!!

The greatest band EVER!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Carina P

When The Janis Nowlan Band played at my cousin's wedding in the spring of 2012, I knew that they were eventually going to play at my own wedding (although I wasn't even engaged at the time). The whole process leading up to my wedding was seamless and Janis really took the... Read More time (you have her direct cell phone number and always speak with her directly) to go over every single wish and detail of the day. She sent me suggestions for some music selections and even learned a new song for my ceremony processional. ("Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band...and it was incredible...just blew my mind!) Janis played the keyboard for the ceremony and then the cocktail hour (fabulous jazz music) and the whole band joined her for the reception. They played beautiful classics, like Frank Sinatra, during dinner and then completely exploded into a 5 star party band for dancing. They have an awesome mix of classic and new hits and really know how to get a party started (and keep it going and going). They don't cop-out and let a DJ play the newer songs (like most other bands do) and most of the time, they actually sound BETTER than the originals! I can't say enough of The Janis Nowlan Band! From beginning to end, they were a dream! Our guests STILL talk about how fantastic the band was and how amazed they were at their pure talent. If you, or someone you know is planning a wedding, you HAVE to call The Janis Nowlan Band!!

The BEST band ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Michele M

I have been to so many weddings recently and Janis and her band were by far the best of them all! Janis was so easy to work with and was able to accommodate all our song requests! The dance floor was so crowded people were dancing on the grass of our outdoor tent wedding! The... Read More variety of songs her band can play is remarkable and it was a great mix for both the younger and older crowd. I would recommend Janis and her band to anyone!

Janis Nowlan Band is the Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Allison P

The Janis Nowlan Band was amazing! They were so professional and accommodating. It 's been over a month since my daughter and her husband were married. Guests are still raving about how fantastic the band performed. They really rocked the house. I had the time of my life.... Read More The band really helped make the wedding reception one of the best ever. It was a party the bride and groom, friends and family will never forget. The band deserves every award that can be given to a band. They can do it all!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

The Janis Nowlan Orchestra has been our band of choice for 8 years! Three weddings, special birthday celebrations, and an office party have all been made more memorable because of the wonderful music offered by these great musicians. Our son was married on 10/10 and the music... Read More was fabulous! We danced all night to many music genres. Janis is the absolute best! This is the band for you!!

If you want to party ALL NIGHT LONNNNG...

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Shannon Q

Janis Nowlan Band was AMAZING!!! I know I'm biased... but my wedding seriously was the BEST and it was mostly due to the band. The energy was high all night and they seriously played non stop dance music. They even included my two new favorite songs... "Shake it off" and "All... Read More about that Bass" :) I feel like most bands couldn't pull them off but they sure did!! All of the songs I asked to be included that night were and then they just added their own wonderful suggestions to the mix. I could not be happier about my experience with them. DEFINITELY a MUST for your big day!!

Best wedding band!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Alissa p

The best decision we made was choosing the janis nowlan band! My wife and I could not have made a better decision! We had the time of our lives dancing! Thank you for everything! Our guest keep telling us that they had an amazing time and loved the music! We can't thank you... Read More enough! If your looking for a band- this is your band!!!

The band brings the party to life!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Kerry V

From start to finish, we had a wonderful experience with the Janis Nowlan Band. Janis did our ceremony music and the entire band performed at our reception. Janis was a complete delight to plan with throughout the entire process - she is very detail-oriented, which made me... Read More know that everything would run smoothly on the day of. Our guests came ready to dance and the band really got everyone moving! We are so happy that Janis Nowlan Band was our wedding band and cannot thank Janis and the band enough for helping to make our wedding the best night of our lives!

Bandleader Janis Nowlan

It’s your day! Award Winning Bandleader Janis Nowlan helps you plan music for the celebration of your dreams! A lifelong professional in the music and wedding industries, independent and successful, experienced and savvy, Janis knows how to get your party started and keep it energized with the very best of music that will have you and all of your guests dancing non-stop! Unforgettable, professional and fun, the Janis Nowlan Band was chosen by NBC "America's 15 Best Wedding Bands" & the very first Philadelphia - Delaware Band voted Into the Knot Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame! Call 610-296-2626

TO Janis Nowlan Band "Party With The Best!"