Janis Nowlan Band "Party With The Best!"

Philadelphia, PA New Jersey Maryland Delaware New York Conn

Award Winning Best Dance Party Band PA NJ MD DE NY

Free Live Showcase Thurs Feb 4. Knot 2016 Pick Best Of Weddings! Rock Your Wedding Day With This Extraordinary, Fun, High-Energy, Non-Stop Live Party Band! Amazing Singers, Powerhouse Horns! Janis Nowlan Band Is The Wedding & Party Professional Music Entertainment For An Unforgettable Celebration That Brides, Grooms, Parents, And Guests All Rave About! Chosen NBC America's 15 Best Wedding Bands & Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame Inaugural Honoree! “No surprise that they have won 'Best of' awards for Weddings and Dance Parties year after year–they’re UBER talented, totally engaging with their audience, and their play list melds generations together. Next time you get a wedding invitation, ask who’s doing the music. If it’s Janis Nowlan check the ‘Will Attend’ box and go party" -MainLineBiz.com

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

Philadelphia, PA New Jersey Maryland Delaware New York Conn

I couldn't walk for two days!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lydia M

Because I spent my entire wedding on the dance floor. And I would do it again! The Janis Nowlan Band hit it out of the park! The dance floor was full all night - which was exactly what we wanted. And the quality of their performance and sound was second to none. We had multiple... Read More friends inquire afterwards for the name of the band - complete hit! On a personal note, Janis was amazing. She really got what we were looking for - a complete range in music genres. Everything from old standards to Motown to some funky 70's/80's thrown in for good measure. Not every band is up to the task, but Janis and her gang of maestros carried it off!!!! And I would book them again in a heartbeat. They even learned two new songs just for us! It meant the world! Thank you Janis! If music is an important element of your celebration and you want a dynamic band, look no further!

It doesn't get any better than Janis Nowlan Band!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Just do it. You won't ever regret it. I promise. Party with the BEST! I understand now why Janis Nowlan Band has been winning awards. JNB played for my niece Crista's wedding, and I've been blessed to be an active part of Crista's life since her infancy - so this... Read More is a VERY IMPORTANT occasion for me. Not to mention, I have 40 years as a professional musician who understands how high the bar is - which makes me a VERY TOUGH critic. I don't think 3500 characters is enough to write about the level at which Janis Nowlan Band delivers the "nth" degree of incredible, professional, talented, extraordinary, energetic, fun, joyous...I can go on and on....consummate musicians, perfect sets, variety of genre (she's known for actually hearing AND doing what the bride/groom/family say they want), interaction with the audience without being intrusive or obnoxious... How does JNB do it? It's ALL there! And it starts with the alchemy of finding phenomenal musicians to fuse their collective gift, or solo, to either melt your soul just listening, or, even better, MELT YOUR SHOES DANCING! The set lists are seamless and perfect; somehow no one at the party ever felt left out of the fun. It's ALWAYS about the music and the people and she and her band must have a crystal ball to know exactly what will make it the most fun and fabulous for everyone from age 2 to 92! Important for me to say, knowing how exhausting it must be for the band members to maintain the enthusiasm and energy they do for so many hours straight, I was TOTALLY IMPRESSED by how gracious, friendly, engaging the band members were with every person who approached them. Especially when the "gig" was over, so many put their heads down, pack it up and move it out. Not this band! They gave their best until every guest had left! Their sound system was excellent, no distortion (that's saying a lot with a band that size, especially when they are rocking the party). Great music. Great fun. The dance floor was a magnet all night..and no one wanted the party to end, and we know, that's all about the band! I want to go back and do it again...every night!

Look No Further Than The Janis Nowlan Band

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Heather R

I will preface this by saying I am not someone who usually acts on hunches or gut feelings. I usually research the HELL out of things before making a decision, especially when it is a major spend. From the first time I spoke with Janis, I knew she and her band would make our... Read More wedding a personalized experience, something unique to me and my husband. We listened to a couple of videos online and read some reviews, but not a lot. And then we went to a showcase. This was the first and last showcase we attended. My now husband and I decided after their first set that the Janis Nowlan Band was the perfect band for our wedding. They are true musicians, not just wedding singers. Every single one of this 11 piece band is magnificent. Janis is both the bandleader and the clerk of the works -- she pays attention to every detail to make sure song requests are honored, the wedding party and parents announced, and the party runs smoothly. In dealing with her in the months, weeks, and days leading up to the wedding, I would have thought that ours was the only wedding on their calendar! Our wedding was just a few weeks ago and the notes from guests are still streaming in -- most of them comment on how amazing the band was! Everyone from age 8 to 85 literally danced from the get-go until the last note. So fun!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Jami E

Best band ever! We couldn't have asked for a better band for our New Years Eve wedding! Janis was amazing during our ceremony and cocktail hour but blew us away during the reception! Everything was timed perfectly and played so well! Thank you Janis and band members for... Read More helping to make our wedding day a blast!

Amazing Wedding Band

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band kept people on the dance floor throughout the night with great sound and a wide variety of music to please everyone. We never wanted to take a break!

Janis Nowlan Band

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I met Janis Nowlan and her Band nine years ago when they agreed, on short notice, to perform at my wife's 50th birthday party. They were fantastic! Since then Janis and the Band have performed at four of my children's weddings, and numerous charity and corporate events that... Read More I have been involved with. The most recent event was my daughter's wedding and Janis and the Band were phenomenal. They continue to consistently perform and entertain at the highest level. Rave reviews once again from all of our guests and family members!! John Sprandio

The Best Band!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Kate S

The Janis Nowlan Orchestra performed at our daughter's wedding on 12/04/2015. We booked them one year before the wedding because we knew if we wanted the wedding to be successful......Janis was the one to call! We have had a 9 year history with the band.......birthday... Read More celebrations, our three sons weddings, holiday office party, etc. Janis and her bandmates are fabulous! Everyone danced and had a wonderful time. They are engaging and great musicians. I believe they had as much fun as our guests! Our next celebration will definfitely include the band. It is a sure way to have a very successful celebration! Thank you Janis, you are the best!!!

Amazing band!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I have been to several events at which the Janis Nowlan Band played so there was no doubt who we wanted to play our wedding. We could not be happier! Several guest commented during and after the wedding about how great the band was. The music was great and literally everyone was... Read More dancing. They even learned our first dance song and it turned out perfect. The timing was seamless throughout the night for everything from calling up the best man and maid of honor for speeches to cake cutting and all the little in between moments we didnt think of. Even giving a thank you to my grandparents, the oldest married couple there. I can not say enough good things about this band!

Like family!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Mary R

Janis Nowland band is phenomenal! They really take the time to get to know your style and what music you like. They also know how to improvise and get the crowd going. We used them for our wedding 7 years ago and I've used them as an event planner professionally. My THREE sister... Read More in laws have used them as well. Janis has become like family! You can't go wrong, they know the latest songs, and the tried and true greatest hits!!

Wonderful Band

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 MaryKate B

Janis was wonderful to work with, very professional and covered all the details, and just a nice person. The band was perfect played all the right music had everyone up dancing. Would highly recommend them if you want to have a good time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessie M

All the while my mom was helping us plan our wedding, she kept saying that the band would make or break the reception. Janis Nowlan band *made* it. The music was spot-on; the volume was perfect for a relatively small room; and multiple people who told me ahead of time that they... Read More "don't dance at weddings" were up and moving! I feel strongly that if you need to cut something else out of your budget just to make room for a spectacular band, this one would be worth it. Thank you so much.

Look no further

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding. I spent the entire night on the dance floor with my guests. They played the perfect mix of new songs with the classics. The band actually plays all of the music, unlike the other popular wedding bands that play to backing tracks. They... Read More are extremely talented musicians and worth every penny!

Let's party

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jesse M

I grew up playing music and played through college. It is one of the most important things to me and there was no way I was going to cut corners on my wedding day. There is nothing more influential on the mood of a party than the music. My husband and I heard the Janis Nowlan... Read More band on the Internet and it was a no brainier to book them for our fall wedding. The 11 person band did not disappoint! People were raving about the performance. Not only did the party people love dancing to the great variety of music, the non dancers had a blast just watching. Almost like a mini concert. Janis was so easy to work with, took great notes so was plugged in and on top of what we wanted, was on time, and her band was fun and upbeat. You will be totally blown away with Janis and the quality of the performance of the band. It was everything I always wanted!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Bevlin C

Without a doubt, the Janis Nowlan Band was the best wedding band we have ever seen! They played such a great selection of music and had everyone out on the dance floor all night long.

Best Wedding Band

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jessica V

Having The Janis Nowlan Band for our wedding was the best decision that we made for our wedding. They were so amazing! They kept everyone dancing all night long and all our guests kept raving about what an amazing band they were. Janis was extremely professional and responsive... Read More and really made sure that the band played what we wanted and what would keep everyone dancing all night long. Our first dance was not a well known song but the band played it and it sounded almost exactly like the original. We can't thank Janis and the band enough for making our wedding the party that we only dreamed it would be!

Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Janis Nowlan Band brings the party to life! Janis brings together the best of the best with gifted talent in JNB musicians and singers – even “non –dancers” couldn’t resist the music and found themselves dancing the night away. Thanks for a great time!

Janis promised the best and delivered

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Janis and her band were great. Our guests raved about them. She gave our daughter and her husband exactly what they asked for and more. We highly recommend them.

Best wedding band!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Awesome band! We couldn't have asked for a better band to play at our wedding! Willing to learn new songs for us and played such a variety. They did an awesome job at keeping everyone out on the dance floor! Groom

The Best Band!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Caroline B

Janis and the band were so great to work with throughout the entire process. From the showcase to see them for the first time to ending our wedding night, they were fun and professional. We received so many compliments about the band saying how great they were and how fun they... Read More made the wedding. Highly recommend using them and hope to see them again at another wedding soon!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kristen M

This band played at my cousin's wedding, and they were amazing! What really impressed me is that they played popular current music that is presently being played on the radio! Their energy and sound quality were also incredible!

Danced the night away!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Erin F

We were so happy with our choice to use Janis Nowlan Band! The band was very important to us, and we listened to everyone in the Philadelphia area - Janis was our top choice by a landslide! The dance floor was packed all night, and another friend also already booked the band... Read More for her upcoming wedding!! Thank you Janis for making the night so memorable.

Simply The Best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Janis Nowlan Band is quite simply the best! From our first contact by phone, through the planning phase, to the last dance, Janis was enthusiastic, creative, fun and incredibly talented. She and her band have an extraordinary range and will keep everybody entertained...most... Read More highly recommend!

Best band ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Leigh W

The Janis Nowlan Band was outstanding!!!! I can't thank them enough for making our wedding the best we could have ever imagined! There wasn't a minute that we weren't out on the dance floor! Our 90 year old grandparents were even out dancing! All our guests wanted to book... Read More Janis for their next event! I couldn't be happier with our decision to have them be a part of our day!! Thank you so much Janis and the amazing band!!

louise

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

the band was excellent, the singers terrific - a wide variety of music, open to taking requests, very energetic, and had everyone dancing! a very personable and fun group.

So Professional

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

What an excellent band. We were so impressed. Each and every member of the band is an exceptional musician in their own right and the singers have amazing voices. They kept the fun and excitement going all night long. A very polished group with a classy delivery.

Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame Bandleader Janis Nowlan

Showcase Thurs Jan 7. It’s your day! Award Winning Bandleader Janis Nowlan helps you plan music for the celebration of your dreams! A lifelong professional in the music and wedding industries, independent and successful, experienced and savvy, Janis gets your party started and keeps it smooth and energized with the very best music that will have you and all of your guests dancing non-stop! Unforgettable, professional and fun, the Janis Nowlan Band was chosen by NBC "America's 15 Best Wedding Bands" & the very first Philadelphia - Delaware Band voted Into the Knot Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame!