Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

3104 DUKE ST, ALEXANDRIA, VA (703) 370-8922

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Bethany F

My cousin found her wedding dress at Katherine's and recommended that I look there as well after I got engaged. I tried on three dresses and knew I had found the one! Katherine and her employees were amazing in making sure that I was happy with every detail of the dress which... Read More I very much appreciated being an anxious bride! Thank you all so much!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kate O

Katherines was the second place I went to and found my beautiful dress. My sister also bought her bridal gown there years ago and had a great experience. Everything turned out great and I got tons of compliments on the gown. 1 thing I would say is I wish they took in the dress a... Read More little on my stomach because it bunched a little in the stomach, but I also was coming in 2 weeks before my wedding since I live on the West Coast so that could have been why it was left alone. The owner Katherine is very nice and I appreciate how she runs the business. I would definitely recommend for future brides in the DC area.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Laura M

This was the first place I went to try on dresses. When I made the appointment i made sure to ask if they had dresses in larger sizes because I am curvy with a large bust and hips. The person I spoke to assured me they would have something for me to try on. The beginning of the... Read More appointment was fun, they had beautiful dresses. Once we got to the fitting room, the person helping me was getting frustrated because the dresses she pulled were not fitting. She even made a comment about my weight stating "One to many tacos", which ruined the whole experience. There were two dress that fit well and looked great on me, but after hearing the comment I lost all interest in buying my dress there. I suggest if you are curvier to avoid this place!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Jane N

Even if I would have found my dream dress here I wouldn't have bought it from them. My consultant was not helpful and rude. Multiple times I was left In the middle of getting dressed so my consultant could go answer the phone. It wasn't a good experience...

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Carissa M

I went in there hoping to find my wedding dress and the woman who helped me did not seem interested 90% of the visit. Every time I mentioned I wasn't feeling a particular dress she picked out for me to try on, she walked away with a passive aggressive attitude. I did not feel... Read More welcome at all!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amanda D

Katherine's Bridal is great. All of the employees are very friendly, helpful, and not at all pushy. They really made me feel comfortable and wanted to make sure I was happy every set of the way when picking out my wedding dress and making sure it fit perfectly. They did a... Read More beautiful job with the dress and also made me a custom veil and ring bearer pillow from a piece of lace my grandmother gave me. They took extreme care with the lace and did an amazing job with the veil and pillow, which created two amazing pieces that I will have for other family members to use on their big day.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Brittney R

I visited Katherine's Bridal Boutique to look at bridesmaid dresses. Although it was the middle of the day and no one was in the store, my bridesmaid and I were not helped at all. I told the woman at the desk (I'm assuming it was Katherine) the brand that I was interested in,... Read More and she pointed me to the dresses, but there was no help beyond that and her putting maybe 1 out of the 5 dresses we tried into the dressing room. She did not offer to pin the bridesmaid, although we mentioned how big the gown was on her and neither did the other woman in the store. The two employees of the store gave off a very cold, unfriendly vibe. I have never experienced such poor customer service in a bridal salon before. I would not recommend this salon to anyone due to the service. Wedding planning is a very stressful time and if you want someone's service, I would think that you would want to make them feel welcomed. I found a dress that I really liked in the store but have chosen to send my bridesmaids to a different boutique that seems to have our interest in mind (or at least pretends to).

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amanda D

I got my perfect dress here, the Sabelle, which I wore for my 10-3-15 wedding. The fittings, the staff, and getting my dress went well. I also got my veil here. My only minor complaint was that I had some confusion with the days in which I was doing a final fitting and picking... Read More up my dress, that left me unprepared for an additional on the spot fitting. It was only a minor miscommunication with me and the seamstress, that did not cause any stress or delay in my dress. I would highly recommend Katherine's Bridal. My experience was wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

I found my dream dress at another boutique and they urged me to purchase the dress right on the spot. Of course, the dress was a bit over budget and I couldn't purchase it right away. However, they told me that I wouldn't get my dress on time for the wedding if I purchased it... Read More later. Let the panic begin… In comes Katherine's Bridal. I emailed them and Katherine responded herself, she gave me wiggle room and assured me that I will receive my dress on time for the wedding. There was only one catch, they didn't have the dress in store. I ordered my dream dress through Katherine's. We found the dress (I took down the dress number and type from the previous boutique), she took my measurements, and even mailed me dress color swatches. I trusted her completely and there was no pressure. The dress came in and it fit like a glove. The boutique's staff was so kind and truly made me feel special.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Neva K

I really wanted to love this place. When you walk in, the inside of the store is gorgeous. I had received two recommendations to this store, so I was very excited when I got there with my friends to try on some gowns for my wedding. Right off the bat, the stylist that was... Read More working with us didn't appear terribly excited to be there. And she never really listened to what I wanted. I asked for a relatively simple strapless, a-line gown without excessive embellishments. I think I got to try on one dress that fit that description and the rest were just not even close. After five dresses, I asked if they had any simpler (and honestly, I wasn't feeling great at that point) strapless a-lines and she just stared at us and said there was nothing else in the store for me to try and didn't really attempt to salvage the situation. I've been shopping at a few other stores and every other stylist I have worked with has really made an effort to engage me and my guests in conversation and also make sure we had a great time in the process. I was so sad not to get that at Katherine's. We honestly felt awkward and unwelcome during 90% of the appointment. Also, they don't have any undergarments for you to wear with the dresses. This has not been the case anywhere else I have gone and I had to wear my own dingy bra on with their gowns so I never really got a proper idea of how they truly looked on me. Again, I wanted to have a great time at Katherine's and I wanted to be able to recommend it to my friends. Unfortunately, this just isn't the case.

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

This was the most AMAZING experience ever! I've been to many bridal shops in my area and this is by far the most welcoming and homey feeling you will ever get! They show you dresses YOU feel are best first. Then they gently insert their professional opinion and experiences if... Read More needed. They give you time to be in the dress and get "the feel" for it. Then when you are ready they will take you back in to try on another. I would recommend this bridal bouquet to any and everyone who wants someone that cares about them.

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Carly B

My sister and I both found our wedding dresses at Katherine's. They have a great selection of dresses under $1500. Unlike some other stores I went to, they really listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses that matched my vision. Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Chelsea L

Great shop, I felt like there were a lot of options. I found a dressed I loved but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Otherwise, great shop, definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Meghan G

Katherine's bridal was great to work with. Katherine along with another sales lady helped me find the perfect dress. The alterations they did were amazing. My experience with them was great and I would recommend shopping there for bridal dresses!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Nicole R

I was really disappointed with my visit to Katherine's. As a plus-size bride, I know many locations do not necessarily carry larger samples to try on, even for dresses that can be ordered in plus-size. Knowing this, I contacted Katherine's in advanced after seeing they were a... Read More retailer for a few designers I liked online. I was assured by Katherine that they carried samples in larger sizes and there would be options for me to try on in store. With that information, I made an appointment. My mom and I arrived right when the store opened for our 11:00am appointment. The consultant did not introduce herself and gave me the standard form to fill out while she continued to listen to voicemails. She asked a couple basic questions on what styles I was interested in, what types of embellishments I liked and if I had tried on dresses before. I told her I was interested in a ball gown or A-line dress, wanted minimal embellishments and would prefer the dress not be tulle. She proceeded to pull a couple gowns off the racks, none of which were close to being plus size or the style I was looking for. I asked her again if there were any plus size samples in the style I was looking for. She then put a plus size dress in the fitting room and told me to try it on and let her know when I'm done. The style of the dress was fit and flare and covered in lace applique, the exact opposite of what I asked for. My mom then reiterated that I was looking for a different style and again asked if there was anything I could try on. She then brought another plus size sample, again in a fit and flare style. She also showed me a tulle ballgown I could "hold up in front of me" to get an idea. When I again explained I did not really like tulle, she suggested covering the dress for more of the lace. Once again the exact opposite of what I told her. It became clear at this point she was not listening to what I wanted. It seemed she did not think we were serious about purchasing a dress that day. She also offered to allow me to look through catalogs to see if there was something to order. We spent a total of 15 minutes at the appointment as it was clear it was going to be a waste of everyone's time. The most frustrating part was that I emailed in advance to determine what samples they had available. Instead the consultant told me such samples simply do not exist. I can understand a store may have less options to try on in person, but I would have they would at least have a few different silhouettes to at least provide some idea of how dresses would fit. Sadly they also carried a line a bridesmaid dresses I liked but I will not be coming back.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Meghan G

This place was great! They found the perfect dress for me after I gave them a small description of what I wanted. they were great through the alteration process as well. I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Kelsey A

Bought my wedding dress from here. They were amazing and helped me find my dream dress! Would definitely recommend them!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015

Kathleen was the perfect assist to me finding my beautiful wedding gown and fabulous accessories!! I went to several bridal shops in the area, but their customer service could not compare! She was completely dedicated to me and only me during all of my visits! This type of... Read More commitment is rare and I am more than satisfied with my experiences here. I would recommend this bridal boutique over any other in Alexandria, hands down!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

Hi I'm Jamie George I just got married memorial day weekend to the love of my life and I bought my fabulous dress from Katherine she was the best she made my dreams come true from my dress to my hair piece she was very kind and patient with her and her whole team is amazing if... Read More your in the area shopping for a dress she's it she's got what you need I promise. Ps love it so much I wanna wear it again thanks so much love you Jamie George xoxo

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Brooke A

Katherine and her staff were quick to assist and provide honest and helpful feedback. My sisters bridal gown is amazing and the alterations were perfect and custom, up to several days before they made sure her dress fit perfectly. They are very personal in making sure you feel... Read More comfortable! I even brought in my bridesmaid dress from a different shop to have my alterations done. The prices was very competitive and the attention to detail excellent. The dress had many layers of material and each on was pinned for accuracy! Love Katherine's and recommend this to the bride that loves personal attention!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Emily F

I had a wonderful experience at Katherine’s Bridal Boutique! They have a large selection of gorgeous dresses, and I found a beautiful gown for under budget. Katherine and her staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. My family drove 9 hours on several different occasions... Read More to attend my dress fittings, and everyone at Katherine’s was very sweet and welcoming. They do alterations there, which was very convenient. My dress took a while to come in, but they were able to fit all of my alterations appointments into the month before my wedding. The alterations went smoothly, the alterations staff was very helpful and nice, and my dress ended up fitting perfectly. I LOVED my dress, and I definitely recommend Katherine’s Bridal Boutique!

Loved Katherine's Bridal

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Mary M

Katherine's Bridal was the first bridal salon I went to. I tried on 5 dresses and the 5th one was the one! It was very easy and everyone there was extremely helpful. My dress didn't come in until 2 and 1/2 weeks before the wedding (I had a 6 month engagement), but they did the... Read More alterations so quickly and everything was perfect! Definitely would recommend this bridal boutique.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Meredith S

Really disappointed....Katherine the owner is great and helpful....and then she passed us on to one of her assistants. I am shocked that I can't remember her name currently but she was pushy and rude to me and my mother. I found a dress I loved but for $2,000 and fittings to... Read More come, there is no way with the way we were disrespected. Pass on them.I wouldn't if I'd

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Stephanie L

When I began the search for my wedding dress, I decided to look in the DC area as it was a convenient place for my mother, maid of honor and I too meet up. Katherine's ended up being the first stop on our list and I couldn't be happier for how things turned out. True, this... Read More isn't the bridal salon of movies where you will be wooed with champagne and dotted on like a queen, but I felt that all of the staff were very kind, supportive, and made me feel special. I worked primarily with Azam and she did a fabulous job of listening to my interests and concerns. I got engaged in December and due to my medical school/residency schedules, my fiance and I decided on a May wedding. I also had a vague idea of what types of dresses I liked, but really wasn't sure. With such a tight timeline and vague dress interests, I had concerns about being able to find the right gown. Azam listened to my limited knowledge of gowns, my budget (max 1500) and what I thought I liked (mermaid style, lace) and quickly selected some gowns. We found the absolute perfect dress (at 1200) and I couldn't be happier. Initially I was told that the dress (ordered in Jan) would get in for April and then alterations could be done before the big day. I was surprised and excited when Azam called in late February to say the dress was in. Although it is a 4.5 hour trip to the bridal boutique to do fittings, I felt that every fitting was well worth it. I ended up going to a total of three fittings for alterations. At the last fitting I was very pleased with how the dress looked, but a little sad that I would have to travel another 9 hour round trip to pick up my gown. When Azam heard that I was traveling back and forth for fittings, she asked if I could wait two hours and come back to the store. I said I could and when I returned, the team at Katherine's had worked made sure all the sewing was complete, my dress and veil were pressed and everything was ready to bring home! This shop doesn't have a fancy façade or overly glorious interior, but I did feel that the women working there cared about me, the quality of their gowns, and ensuring I had the perfect gown for my big day.