Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

3104 DUKE ST, ALEXANDRIA, VA (703) 370-8922

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Candace V

I had such a great experience at Katherine's. I went to 1 other boutique before I came here. I had a horrible experience there and did not want to go back. I happened to call one Saturday to see if I'd be able to look at dresses, Katherine answered the phone and said, "of... Read More course." I then asked if they had time, would I be able to try some dresses on? Katherine said, "sure come on in." I was not expecting this. Especially since I just came from a shop hoping to try on dresses, only to be told I could come in a week later. ( I am not one to just show up wanting to be seen. But, this shop never answered the phone or responded to my emails.) I had no idea where to start with dresses. Katherine asked what I liked, took a look at me for a few moments, and said, "I know what you might like." She picked out 5 dresses that I loved. But, the first dress she picked was THE ONE. Both my mom and I knew it would be, so we saved it for last. She was spot on! We loved the dress! The whole process of scheduling fittings was easy and flexible. I am so thankful for this shop. I received so many complements on dress and veil. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Molly W

I went to Katherine's as they were having a trunk sale with the dress (and designer) that I had found in a magazine and really wanted to try on. I had a great experience with the fitting and the alterations, and they worked with the designer to add some special touches that I... Read More really wanted (I added buttons to a dress that didn't come with them). I also ordered a customized veil through them that was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. I gave only 4 stars as I had brought them a belt that I paid to have shortened and potentially tacked on to the dress, but when I went to put it on on my wedding day, nothing had been done to the belt! My sister literally had to stitch it together to get it to stay on. My actual dress shopping, ordering and alterations experience was great, though I would recommend double checking if you have them work on anything not purchased in the shop. Tip: If you are not model height ask if they can order your dress in a custom length and do a "hollow-to-hem" measurement. They were happy to do this for me, and I don't believe I was upcharged much for this. This way I didn't have to pay to hem/shorten a dress AFTER it had come in, and the proportions would stay correct. (Mine would have been much more expensive to hem than to do this measurement) You just need to have your wedding day shoes when you actually order the dress.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Clare B

This was hands down the worst experience I had in a bridal salon. We felt incredibly unwelcome the moment we walked in. I had called ahead earlier in the week to see if they had a few styles I liked (some that I had tried on previously) in stock. I was told one of the three was... Read More available so when we arrived my stylist pulled that immediately and had me go into a room to try it on. I came out to show my family and she stood there silently...until I asked if I was allowed to try on anything else. She pulled ONE more dress. As she was helping me into it I asked again about the other two styles I called about--to which she rather rudely replied "I already told you we don't have those". (Important note--turns out they had one of them; luckily the owner of the shop overheard me.) They get me into the dress I ask about and it's beautiful, definitely a contender. I mention that my mom is not there so I would like to show her pictures (which they allowed us to take) but my stylist ignores that and says "Okay, say yes to the dress". The other stylist, who we observed being rather disinterested in her own bride, says in a monotonous voice "Wow, gorgeous". My stylist keeps up with very disingenuous comments about how I look beautiful and should just buy the dress. Needless to say, I did not. I would not recommend Katherine's to any brides. They are rude, lack any genuine interest or concern for the bride, and try to pressure you into a sale you won't feel good about.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Shannon A

I bought my dress back in October 2016 for a November 2017 wedding. Katherine did an amazing job talking with me to find out just which aspects of my dress would be most important to me and not only did she pick out my wedding dress on the first try, she stayed incredibly within... Read More our budget! Ana (the seamstress) does incredible work and treats each bride like they're Queens, she was an absolute treasure to work with. I would highly suggest getting your fittings scheduled early out as to ensure enough time for Ana to work her magic!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Julie J

Katherine’s Bridal has a wide array of gorgeous wedding gowns, and choices for bridesmaids and MOB/MOG. Our experience was wonderful!! Katherine and her team are very attentive in helping you to find ‘the perfect dress’ and coordinating pieces to complete your bridal... Read More ensemble. They are respectful of your budget and truly wedding professionals to help you all the way! My daughter was stunning in an Alvina Valenta lace gown, Sara Gabriel veil and jeweled belt. Initially my daughter didn’t want to wear a veil, but after Katherine helped to show her options, it perfectly completed her bridal ensemble. Coupled with the perfect lace cowgirl boot, her bridal look was simply perfect for their rustic elegant wedding. Katherine is now helping us to have the gown professionally cleaned and the gown/veil preserved for (hopefully) a future granddaughter!! Thanks so much Katherine!! For all brides - check out Katherine's Bridal. - great selection and warm, friendly, and professional customer service!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ali W

I had an absolutely fantastic experience at Katherine's. It was the first place I went to try on dresses, and I ended up selecting the 4th dress I tried on. My appointment was with Kathleen, who was so wonderful. As we began, I told her what I did not want, and she pulled a few... Read More dresses for me. I tried a couple, and then realized I had forgotten to mention that I was having a black tie wedding. She then took the rest of the dresses she had initially pulled out of the dressing room, and went and got a few others. I tried another and although it was beautiful, I wasn't getting the feeling that it was the one. Then she told me she had one more to show me. As soon as she took the dress out of the garment bag, I said "Oh my god! That is stunning!" and she just smiled at me. As soon as I put it on and she clipped me in, I gasped, and I just knew. And as I walked out of the fitting room, I saw the look on my Mom and sister's faces change and we all knew it was the one! It was so stunning and very much my style and very black-tie-esque. I ended up getting my bridesmaids dresses from Katherine's as well, and did all of my alternations there too and worked directly with Katherine. Overall I had a really great experience and would highly recommend Katherine's to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Katie W

Absolutely fabulous! The entire staff at Katherine's Bridal Boutique is amazing. The dress purchase/fitting/alterations process handled with elegance and grace. Quick too!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jessica G

Katherine’s bridal is amazing. Very intimate and the staff is super friendly. They go above and beyond to make sure you look beautiful for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Sarah G

Katherine and her staff were so helpful! I found a dress in a different state and asked them if they could order it (they carried the designer but not this specific style). They promptly ordered it and I couldn't have been happier! Their tailoring was done perfectly and we even... Read More ordered my bridesmaids dresses through them. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Bethany F

My cousin found her wedding dress at Katherine's and recommended that I look there as well after I got engaged. I tried on three dresses and knew I had found the one! Katherine and her employees were amazing in making sure that I was happy with every detail of the dress which... Read More I very much appreciated being an anxious bride! Thank you all so much!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kate O

Katherines was the second place I went to and found my beautiful dress. My sister also bought her bridal gown there years ago and had a great experience. Everything turned out great and I got tons of compliments on the gown. 1 thing I would say is I wish they took in the dress a... Read More little on my stomach because it bunched a little in the stomach, but I also was coming in 2 weeks before my wedding since I live on the West Coast so that could have been why it was left alone. The owner Katherine is very nice and I appreciate how she runs the business. I would definitely recommend for future brides in the DC area.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Laura M

This was the first place I went to try on dresses. When I made the appointment i made sure to ask if they had dresses in larger sizes because I am curvy with a large bust and hips. The person I spoke to assured me they would have something for me to try on. The beginning of the... Read More appointment was fun, they had beautiful dresses. Once we got to the fitting room, the person helping me was getting frustrated because the dresses she pulled were not fitting. She even made a comment about my weight stating "One to many tacos", which ruined the whole experience. There were two dress that fit well and looked great on me, but after hearing the comment I lost all interest in buying my dress there. I suggest if you are curvier to avoid this place!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Jane N

Even if I would have found my dream dress here I wouldn't have bought it from them. My consultant was not helpful and rude. Multiple times I was left In the middle of getting dressed so my consultant could go answer the phone. It wasn't a good experience...

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Carissa M

I went in there hoping to find my wedding dress and the woman who helped me did not seem interested 90% of the visit. Every time I mentioned I wasn't feeling a particular dress she picked out for me to try on, she walked away with a passive aggressive attitude. I did not feel... Read More welcome at all!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amanda D

Katherine's Bridal is great. All of the employees are very friendly, helpful, and not at all pushy. They really made me feel comfortable and wanted to make sure I was happy every set of the way when picking out my wedding dress and making sure it fit perfectly. They did a... Read More beautiful job with the dress and also made me a custom veil and ring bearer pillow from a piece of lace my grandmother gave me. They took extreme care with the lace and did an amazing job with the veil and pillow, which created two amazing pieces that I will have for other family members to use on their big day.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Brittney R

I visited Katherine's Bridal Boutique to look at bridesmaid dresses. Although it was the middle of the day and no one was in the store, my bridesmaid and I were not helped at all. I told the woman at the desk (I'm assuming it was Katherine) the brand that I was interested in,... Read More and she pointed me to the dresses, but there was no help beyond that and her putting maybe 1 out of the 5 dresses we tried into the dressing room. She did not offer to pin the bridesmaid, although we mentioned how big the gown was on her and neither did the other woman in the store. The two employees of the store gave off a very cold, unfriendly vibe. I have never experienced such poor customer service in a bridal salon before. I would not recommend this salon to anyone due to the service. Wedding planning is a very stressful time and if you want someone's service, I would think that you would want to make them feel welcomed. I found a dress that I really liked in the store but have chosen to send my bridesmaids to a different boutique that seems to have our interest in mind (or at least pretends to).

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amanda D

I got my perfect dress here, the Sabelle, which I wore for my 10-3-15 wedding. The fittings, the staff, and getting my dress went well. I also got my veil here. My only minor complaint was that I had some confusion with the days in which I was doing a final fitting and picking... Read More up my dress, that left me unprepared for an additional on the spot fitting. It was only a minor miscommunication with me and the seamstress, that did not cause any stress or delay in my dress. I would highly recommend Katherine's Bridal. My experience was wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

I found my dream dress at another boutique and they urged me to purchase the dress right on the spot. Of course, the dress was a bit over budget and I couldn't purchase it right away. However, they told me that I wouldn't get my dress on time for the wedding if I purchased it... Read More later. Let the panic begin… In comes Katherine's Bridal. I emailed them and Katherine responded herself, she gave me wiggle room and assured me that I will receive my dress on time for the wedding. There was only one catch, they didn't have the dress in store. I ordered my dream dress through Katherine's. We found the dress (I took down the dress number and type from the previous boutique), she took my measurements, and even mailed me dress color swatches. I trusted her completely and there was no pressure. The dress came in and it fit like a glove. The boutique's staff was so kind and truly made me feel special.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Neva K

I really wanted to love this place. When you walk in, the inside of the store is gorgeous. I had received two recommendations to this store, so I was very excited when I got there with my friends to try on some gowns for my wedding. Right off the bat, the stylist that was... Read More working with us didn't appear terribly excited to be there. And she never really listened to what I wanted. I asked for a relatively simple strapless, a-line gown without excessive embellishments. I think I got to try on one dress that fit that description and the rest were just not even close. After five dresses, I asked if they had any simpler (and honestly, I wasn't feeling great at that point) strapless a-lines and she just stared at us and said there was nothing else in the store for me to try and didn't really attempt to salvage the situation. I've been shopping at a few other stores and every other stylist I have worked with has really made an effort to engage me and my guests in conversation and also make sure we had a great time in the process. I was so sad not to get that at Katherine's. We honestly felt awkward and unwelcome during 90% of the appointment. Also, they don't have any undergarments for you to wear with the dresses. This has not been the case anywhere else I have gone and I had to wear my own dingy bra on with their gowns so I never really got a proper idea of how they truly looked on me. Again, I wanted to have a great time at Katherine's and I wanted to be able to recommend it to my friends. Unfortunately, this just isn't the case.

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

This was the most AMAZING experience ever! I've been to many bridal shops in my area and this is by far the most welcoming and homey feeling you will ever get! They show you dresses YOU feel are best first. Then they gently insert their professional opinion and experiences if... Read More needed. They give you time to be in the dress and get "the feel" for it. Then when you are ready they will take you back in to try on another. I would recommend this bridal bouquet to any and everyone who wants someone that cares about them.

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Carly B

My sister and I both found our wedding dresses at Katherine's. They have a great selection of dresses under $1500. Unlike some other stores I went to, they really listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses that matched my vision. Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Chelsea L

Great shop, I felt like there were a lot of options. I found a dressed I loved but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Otherwise, great shop, definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Meghan G

Katherine's bridal was great to work with. Katherine along with another sales lady helped me find the perfect dress. The alterations they did were amazing. My experience with them was great and I would recommend shopping there for bridal dresses!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Nicole R

I was really disappointed with my visit to Katherine's. As a plus-size bride, I know many locations do not necessarily carry larger samples to try on, even for dresses that can be ordered in plus-size. Knowing this, I contacted Katherine's in advanced after seeing they were a... Read More retailer for a few designers I liked online. I was assured by Katherine that they carried samples in larger sizes and there would be options for me to try on in store. With that information, I made an appointment. My mom and I arrived right when the store opened for our 11:00am appointment. The consultant did not introduce herself and gave me the standard form to fill out while she continued to listen to voicemails. She asked a couple basic questions on what styles I was interested in, what types of embellishments I liked and if I had tried on dresses before. I told her I was interested in a ball gown or A-line dress, wanted minimal embellishments and would prefer the dress not be tulle. She proceeded to pull a couple gowns off the racks, none of which were close to being plus size or the style I was looking for. I asked her again if there were any plus size samples in the style I was looking for. She then put a plus size dress in the fitting room and told me to try it on and let her know when I'm done. The style of the dress was fit and flare and covered in lace applique, the exact opposite of what I asked for. My mom then reiterated that I was looking for a different style and again asked if there was anything I could try on. She then brought another plus size sample, again in a fit and flare style. She also showed me a tulle ballgown I could "hold up in front of me" to get an idea. When I again explained I did not really like tulle, she suggested covering the dress for more of the lace. Once again the exact opposite of what I told her. It became clear at this point she was not listening to what I wanted. It seemed she did not think we were serious about purchasing a dress that day. She also offered to allow me to look through catalogs to see if there was something to order. We spent a total of 15 minutes at the appointment as it was clear it was going to be a waste of everyone's time. The most frustrating part was that I emailed in advance to determine what samples they had available. Instead the consultant told me such samples simply do not exist. I can understand a store may have less options to try on in person, but I would have they would at least have a few different silhouettes to at least provide some idea of how dresses would fit. Sadly they also carried a line a bridesmaid dresses I liked but I will not be coming back.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Meghan G

This place was great! They found the perfect dress for me after I gave them a small description of what I wanted. they were great through the alteration process as well. I highly recommend them!!!