Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

1101 E 54th St, Indianapolis, IN

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Kayla S

My experience with Helene and Martha was absolutely perfect! When we arrived early to our appointment, they accommodated me and my mom, and we basically had a private fitting in their shop. I tried on as many dresses as I wanted never felt rushed. Helene and Martha helped me... Read More pick accessories and even helped me choose my colors! They kept me updated on when my dress would arrive and gave me excellent suggestions for alterations. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Chasity M

I had the absoulte worst experience of my life (so far) at the so called bridal shop. I'm originally from Louisville KY and decided to shop for my dress in Indy! Unfortunately this place made my list of the first place I wanted to go, it looks so cute from the photos. I was so... Read More excited this being the first time I would try on a wedding dress. I had no idea what type of dress would look good on me with an open budget of being able to purchase ANY dress in the store. I walk in to meet the owner whom would be helping me find my dress. I told her I'd like to try on a ball gown first, she picked one out and asked if I liked it, I asked if she had anything with a little more poof to it her next response was "maybe this isn't the store for you" with extreme attitude ( you should have seen all of our faces) we were in shock!!!!Then told me I could try David's bridal! As I wasn't even set on a ball gown for my wedding I'm really not sure why those words came out of her mouth! I tired to still keep an open mind about his place thinking my dress may still be here even if I had to deal with her and another woman sitting to the side also with an attitude as well which is so crazy to me because we came in so happy and so excited! Then she shows me a brown dress and my MOH mentions that I didn't want one with color just a white one, this woman says " WE DONT HAVE WHITE DRESSES" this was the last straw for me not everyone is a wedding dress expert and I'm not sure that most brides would even use the actual color terminology anyways!! We kindly left after only being there for 15 mins! I couldn't even be rude back to the woman because I was in such shock that a OWNER in this business would ever treat someone like that! We were the only ones in the shop.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Laura H

I honestly cannot write enough good things about this salon. I had gone to four other salons from the low end to the high end, and nothing was what I wanted. I stumbled upon M.H. Pomander's online, and was able to get an appointment quickly. When I got there, I had one-on-one... Read More attention from Martha and Helene, and they asked about what I wanted in a gown. The first gown that they had me try on (an Augusta Jones Tia gown) was the gown I ultimately chose- it was what I had been looking for all along! I had no problems at all, and had a wonderful experience finding my dream gown. Thank you so much, ladies!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016

Could not have asked for a better experience than I had at MH Pomander's! Martha and Helene are so great to work with and provided a high level of personalized, one-on-one service. They were so helpful and able to guide me in finding the perfect dress, even though I came in... Read More without much of an idea of what I was looking for. I wanted to make a few alterations to the fit, and Helene knew exactly what to recommend - I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit. Martha and Helene are also SO accommodating, even coming in a couple hours before the shop opened one morning to let me pick up my veil that I had forgotten before my hair trial! Would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Mackenzie B

The perfect experience! They made me feel special, but allowed me to have this moment with my best friend and mom as well. They were very conscious of my budget while the helped me select dresses. I love that you are the only bride there during your appointment! I could not have... Read More asked for a better experience! I was deciding between two dresses and Helene talked to me and helped me come to my final dress! Thank you so much M.H. Pomander's!!

Reviewed on 2/14/2016 Lindsay Y

I had such a wonderful experience at MH Pomander's! Martha and Helene where so wonderful to work with. They picked up on my style immediately and helped me find my perfect wedding dress. I can't wait to wear my beautiful gown in April!

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Laura B

Perfect experience! I went to 2 other bridal shops before Pomander's and I felt overwhelmed. At Pomander's it was much more relaxed and personal. They made great suggestions and did not pressure me. I walked out with a great dress and can't wait to wear it!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Chloe M

Beautiful shop!! Amazing dresses!! Wonderful people!! It was an amazing experience from the moment i walked through the door!! So many different styles of dresses to pick and they absolute listened to what i asked for. I can't say enough great things about this shop!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Renee Z

I went to three different bridal shops in Indianapolis, but I found the one here at M.H. Pomander's! Martha & Helene were truly a joy to work with and made my dreams come true! It's such an intimate boutique with amazing dresses and designer to choose from that you can't find... Read More anywhere else in the area, especially for the not so average bride like me :) Simply wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Elizabeth E

Lovely shop, and wonderful people to work with. You will not leave feeling like you're just "another bride" (which is how I felt at some other places I went to). Martha and Helene really want to get to know you, and what you want out of your wedding day. I would recommend MH... Read More Pomaders to anyone for an individualized, genuine, and amazing bridal dress experience. I have already recommended to all of my newly engaged friends and family :)

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Whitney B

Truly wonderful! They were lovely to work with and I LOVE my dress. They have amazing customer service and made me feel beautiful!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Eve K

I went to three different bridal salons in Indianapolis and MH Pomander was my final stop. My experience at MH Pomander's was everything I could have hoped for. They greeted my group with champagne, immediately found a dress based on what I described (versus trying to fit me... Read More into a dress they wanted to sell me), and helped me find the perfect dress. I bought a dress off the rack that day! They connected me to Erin Young Designs who made the dress my own. I fully recommend this shop to any bride who wants a unique, beautiful dress and incredible customer service. Thank you for helping to make my day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Katie N

I cannot thank this boutique enough for helping me find my wedding dress. Helen helped me feel so comfortable, special and heard. Helen understood me and what I was looking so well that I chose the first dress I tried on. Helen not only welcomed me into the boutique so lovingly,... Read More but she and her associates welcomed my closest friends and family and helped us to enjoy such a beautiful moment. I left with a wedding dress and feeling so blessed. Thank you so much for helping me. -Katie

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Elena A

If you're looking for a special experience with personalized attention then M.H. Pondaner's is the bridal salon for you! This salon is quaint and charming and Martha and Helene, the owners, were wonderful to work with. They made me feel so special from the second I walked in... Read More until I left and even after. I found a gorgeous Lea-Ann Belter mermaid style gown but being the analytical person I am I needed time to think about the dress before I made the purchase. I did not feel any pressure to buy the dress unlike experiences I had at other salons. Two weeks later I knew that was my dress, I walked back into the salon and Martha and Helene were so excited for me! I couldn't be happier with my dress and the overall experience at M.H Pomander's and I would highly recommend this salon to any bride!

2015-12-10T08:30:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! We really can't wait for your wedding day pictures! You are going to be fabulous and we are so happy to be a part of the big day! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

Hands down the best bridal shop in Indiana (and Brides Magazine tends to agree)! I found my dress at Pomander's this summer and I can honestly say it was the most fun I've ever had. Helene, Martha, and the entire M.H. Pomander's team treated me as if I was their own daughter and... Read More welcomed my (fairly large) group with open arms! You will not find a selection of better, higher quality wedding gowns anywhere else, especially for the price. If you are searching for the perfect dress and an even better experience, look no further than this shop!

2015-12-10T08:30:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! You know that we have a special place in our hearts for you and your big day! Thank you for being a Pomander's bride! Best, Helene and Martha

Perfect bridal boutique

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Laura Beth

I found my dream wedding dress at a trunk show hosted by MH Pomanders. Martha and Helene are so sweet and made my experience with them so special. They are true professionals and have a passion for beautiful bridal gowns and accessories.

2015-12-10T08:31:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! We still can't quit looking at your pictures! You were absolutely fabulous! Thank you for being a Pomander's bride! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

I enjoyed the most incredible day, with the most amazing ladies and of course found "The Dress" !!! Helene and Martha at M.H. Pomanders are truly wonderful ladies. They sat with me,asking questions, delightfully engaged and listened to all of my details and dreams about the big... Read More day and of course the love of my life. They understood exactly what I envisioned for my special day and how important "The Dress" was to me. It is such a gift to be able to pair up a Bride with her Gown and they have it! Together, we found a very unique, sophisticated, one of a kind dress that made me feel incredible and brought tears to my eyes. The couture design and silk fabric was so beautiful. They do love what they do and it shows! You absolutely must pay them a visit because they bring such a joy to this important event. Love to you both and Thank you so much!....Cheri

2015-09-27T07:50:45 Response from the vendor

Cheri, thank you so much for your kind review! You will be an amazing bride and we are so excited to be a part of the process! Best, Helene and Matha

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Taylor T

Martha at M.H. Pomander's Bridal is an amazing woman and an even better dress consultant! She was so insightful (which was especially helpful to a bride who knew nothing about gowns) on wedding gowns, designers and weddings in general. She made my appointment so enjoyable and I... Read More love my dress!! I highly recommend them to any bride!

2015-09-27T07:52:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy that you are a Pomander's bride and we can't wait to see your pictures! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Megan K

What a special bridal boutique! The wonderful ladies at M.H. Pomander's made the search for the dress such a unique and personal experience. It was so much more than an "appointment" and something my mom and I will always remember. Thank you, Martha and Helene!

2015-09-25T07:43:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! You were an amazing bride and we are so glad that we were a part of it! Thank you for being a Pomander's bride! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Kate Z

I cannot say enough about Martha and Helene at MH Pomander's Bridal! They absolutely saved my wedding day! I had bought a dress a few months after becoming engaged while shopping in Chicago. I wasn't COMPLETELY sure that I loved the dress, but convinced myself that it just... Read More needed a few alterations and it would be the dress of my dreams. Long story short...it WASN'T! I called MH Pomanders, thinking there was no way I could get a dress in time for my wedding (in THREE WEEKS), but they promised to make it happen...and they DID! I My appointment was so wonderful, and these ladies were so supportive and kind. They had so many gorgeous options for me to try on and choose from, even given the extremely tight time frame. I found the dress of my dreams and they made sure it was PERFECT for my wedding day. I simply cannot recommend them highly enough!

2015-08-07T11:02:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review and for being a Pomander's bride! We can not wait for your pictures! We heard that you were a truly amazing bride from your photographer, and we are so happy for you! Congratulations and best wishes, Helene... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Catie L

I couldn't have asked for a better experience when picking out my wedding gown. From the minute I walked into the store, I was warmly welcomed and felt extremely comfortable. After showing Martha and Helene some of the styles I liked, they picked out a perfect selection of... Read More dresses for me. I ended up buying the very first dress I tried on, and couldn't be happier. I did not feel pressured or rushed at all through my entire visit, and felt like Martha and Helene were giving me honest opinions about their dresses. I moved out of state after buying my dress, and they even helped me find somewhere to alter my dress closer to where I am now living. Thank you so much for your expertise!

2015-08-07T11:00:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so excited to see your wedding pictures! Thanks for being a Pomander's bride and allowing us to be a part of your wedding process! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Alix B

Martha and Helene are amazing!! M.H. Pomander's was my first stop when searching for my dress. With the help of my mom, Martha, and Helene, I found the perfect dress!! I have been in multiple times since to choose my veil and accessories and have had nothing but a pleasant... Read More experience with these ladies. I would definitely recommend going to M.H. Pomander's- their gowns and accessories are absolutely beautiful, and the customer service is great! Alix Byrum

2015-08-07T10:58:09 Response from the vendor

Alix, thank you so much for your kind review! You were a truly fabulous bride and we love your pictures! Thanks for being a Pomander's bride and thanks for being such a sweet person! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Laura G

I found my wedding dress on my first trip to MH Pomander's. In fact, I found two that I loved equally well, and practically flipped a coin to make my final decision. I knew right when I walked in the salon that Pomander's would offer me a different (and better) experience than... Read More other bridal salons I had visited. It is a very intimate, relaxed environment where you don't feel rushed within your appointment time, and no one is pressuring you to make a decision. Helene and Martha both have great eyes for what styles will look best, as well as how to accessorize the dress to make it even more unique! I had heard nothing but great things about MH Pomander's, and it truly lived up to all the wonderful recommendations, and my expectations. I can't wait to wear my dress!

2015-05-30T08:18:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are glad that you are a Pomander's bride! Best, Helene and Martha

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Nicole Y

Helene & Martha and for that fact their whole staff have been phenomenal to work with and have more than catered to my every need (even things I had not even thought of yet) M H Pomanders was the first bridal store I walked into and the last!!! Helene was so lovely and patient... Read More with me when trying to nail down my style. I never felt rushed nor did I feel like just a number or that I was being sold to. I found that they helped me maneuver through the boutique without feeling overwhelmed with all of the gorgeous dresses. In the end I found my perfect dress and cannot wait to walk down the isle in it towards my perfect man on our wedding day! Thank you so much for going out of your way to make me feel so special during my whole wedding process.

2015-05-30T08:19:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review and for being a Pomander's bride! We can't wait to see your fabulous pictures from your special day! Best, Helene and Martha

Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Angela B

For several years before getting engaged, I flipped through dozens of bridal magazines and searched through hundreds of pictures of wedding dresses, dreaming of what my future dress would look like. Nothing ever really caught my eye as the perfect dress for me. When my boyfriend... Read More proposed, I thought choosing my dress would be the hardest decision of the wedding planning experience, especially since I am a horrible decision maker! In February, my mom, maid-of-honor, and I went to begin the dress hunt. We had several appointments scheduled for the day. The first stop was M.H. Pomander's. From the moment I walked into the store, I knew I wanted to find my dress there. The first dress I tried on was a beautiful Augusta Jones dress. I loved it but I wanted to try on some others just to be sure it was "the one". Then I tried on three or four more before putting on my dress. Instantly I knew. It was everything I wanted. It was fitted, lace, subtle sparkle, and a gorgeous back. As soon as the wonderful workers at M.H. Pomander's started putting veils on to pair with the dress and my mom teared up, I knew I had found my dress. The experience at M.H. Pomanders was amazing. They workers were so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. I loved how personal the experience was. The shop is small and intimate but still has a variety of dresses. Choosing my dress was one of the most special moments of wedding planning due to M.H. Pomanders.

2015-04-24T11:43:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having you in our shop and you know how much we adore your pictures! You were a fabulous bride! Best, Helene and Martha