Engagement

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

Austin, TX (808) 679-6126

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Natalie U

As an artist/photographer myself, wedding photography quality was of upmost importance and our splurge. Tara is an AMAZING photographer and selecting her as was one of the reasons our wedding was so perfect! From the moment we emailed her and video chatted with her, we knew she... Read More was the person we wanted to capture the happiest day of our lives. Her personality and style of photography meshed very well with our personality: artsy, vibrant, and lively. For both our engagement and wedding photos she showed up early and scouted the area. She had a vision in mind when it came to photographing us and explained it very clearly every step of the way. Doing business with her was simple because she is easy to get a hold of and quick to respond. For anyone looking for arguably the best photographer in Austin and San Antonio, look no further! Go with Tara and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Ross P

Look No Further Entertainment had the pleasure of working with Tara Welch during a chilly, November wedding at Stonehouse Villa. Tara has a true talent for finding the fun in photography. Her photographs really capture the warmth in people and the love in the air. Aside from her... Read More photographs, Tara is a breathe of fresh air and a joy to be around.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Adrienne F

Of all the things I had on my mind when planning our wedding, our photographer was MOST important to me! After all, the photos tell the story of your whole day. I had done a ton of research, but knew right away that I wanted Tara Welch to be our photographer. Her photos are... Read More stunning. She makes everything look so HAPPY--a true testament to her amazing skill. She provided bridal portraits and wedding day portraits for me, and both are SO BEAUTIFUL! Her talents speak volumes. Not only is her skill fine tuned to perfection, but her responsiveness, professionalism, and overall demeanor (she's so fun to work with!) shine through from your very first visit with her. I would recommend her again and again. Thank you, Tara!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

I don't even know where to start. Tara is such a talented photographer and an all-around wonderful, funny, easy-going person. My husband and I felt she had a particular style that really worked for us - very easygoing, artistic but not anything too weird and she does an... Read More incredible job of capturing a moment that happens without her doing a ton to stage it - she really just brings out the natural chemistry of life. She really captured us and the energy that exists between us in our relationship. All of her images are very real. Tara did our engagement photos in Austin (in August, in 105 degree heat!) and was a total pro. Working with her was a dream. It was our first time being photographed together and she directed us really well, and let us be ourselves. The images turned out incredible, and she really gave us the looks we were after - including some cute shots in front of major Austin street art. Of course, Tara also shot our wedding for us and it honestly felt just like having a friend there. Like I said, she really is a joy to have around - she got along super well with all our guests, she does a great job of managing/directing people with enough command that they listen, but not so much that she's a drill sargent. People just like her - they were telling me how cool our photographer is! She is. We ended up with some really amazing shots of moments unfolding, particularly during the ceremony and the reception. The more staged shots (family photos, etc) turned out great, too, although those are really just for our parents. :) Towards the end of the night when we had an epic dance party during our reception, Tara was on the dance floor, sneaking in between groups of dancing drunk people, grooving a little bit, and snapping amazing photos of all the fun. She's also really professional and responsive via email and text, and she had our photos done exactly on time for both our engagement and wedding. I really can't say enough good things about her. If you love the photos on her website like we did, and you dig her laid-back, candid style, just hire her! You won't regret it for a second.

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Jessica

Tara is the best of the best.. of the best. Not only is she incredibly talented, she's everything you'd want in a photographer-- creative, punctual, communicative, funny and just an all around awesome person. I was a bit worried that I wasn't a quirky, cool Austin bride, but... Read More that didn't matter at all! She captured the real "us" at our wedding. Also, my husband isn't so great at taking photos, but she put us both at ease. Hiring her was the best decision we made regarding the wedding!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Diana C

Tara is THE BEST! She really made my husband and I feel so comfortable with our portrait session, something we are not super good at! All my bridesmaids commented about how much they liked her and how talented she is. She really did a great job directing us so that we were all... Read More in photogenic positions and still getting a very natural image. All our photos were INCREDIBLE and that is all because of Tara's talent! She's the best!

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Abby W

Tara Welch Photography is AMAZING! Tara is the kindest person and is so easy to get along with. My husband (at the time fiancé) and I used Tara for our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Meeting Tara for the first time to shoot our engagement photos could have... Read More been completely awkward, but it was not at all! She was great and got to know us in the time we spent with her, by the end of the night we were all making jokes. Not to mention she ventured out into the Austin, TX summer heat to shoot us! Now, the wedding… our photos are STUNNING and everyone I have shared them with compliments on her amazing photography skills as well. We did not provide her with a shot list and for the most part, we got all the photos we wished to get. She was very accommodating (we ran a little late with hair and makeup and had less time to shoot before the ceremony). We had talked about sneaking off to do sunset photos, which never happened, but that is ok! The assistant she brought with for the wedding was also great and you can tell she doesn't just pick any ol person to work with and trust with helping shoot such important photos. I am so pleased my husband and I chose Tara for our engagement photos and wedding photos! You will surely not be disappointed if you do the same :)

Amazing Photographer!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Ashley M

Of all of our vendors, we probably spent more time and researched a greater number of photographers than we did for any other type of vendor. After initial contacts and interviewing two of them, Tara was hands-down the clear choice for us based on her style and how well we... Read More meshed personality-wise even over Skype! If you're going to spend the better part of 8 hours with someone following you around at such a significant occasion, it's pretty important that you at least get along and Tara was someone we would want to have as a friend. (It's also important that you're comfortable with how close the photographer wants to get to your face on a regular basis. Thankfully, Tara was a good fit for us there, too as she was never "right up in there" as another photographer told us they would be. All the time.) Tara's fantastic sense of humor and general style put us at ease right away in both our engagement session and on our wedding day. She came to Houston (where we met and live) for our engagement session and did such a wonderful job that we decided to use three of her photos in a Minted minibook for our invitations. Style-wise, we got exactly what we expected based on what we had seen on her website. We also wanted some posed family portraits after the ceremony and she made sure to get all of those as well. She was always easy to work with, made us laugh throughout both the engagement session and the wedding day, never got in the way or made us uncomfortable, was generally unobtrusive, and worked well with our videographer (who she had never met). She delivered the photos right on time per what she had promised in our contract and gave us all of the files on a memory stick so that we can print/distribute to family and friends as we wish. Tara was wonderful to work with and we can't recommend her highly enough! If you enjoy the style of her photography, you will certainly enjoy working with her!

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Jade C

Really enjoyed working with Tara. She is super sweet and was so easy to work with. I have only see a couple of pics from our wedding but so far I love them!! She is so talented!!

Incredbile photos from an incredible photographer

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Sarah F

Aside from the man I married, Tara was easily the best decision we made in planning our wedding. I have seen my fair share of wedding photos, and they always look “nice,” but Tara is out of this world. She is so talented, so artistic, and so incredible – I realize I am biased,... Read More but I honestly think that our photos are some of the best wedding photos that I’ve ever seen. We received countless compliments, and family members who are usually impossible to please can’t stop gushing about how wonderful the photos are. From the bridal party, so the ceremony, to our lively reception, she captured every moment of our day in a perfect mix of portraits and editorial, and we feel so lucky to have found her. Her photos will be our favorite wedding keepsake for the rest of our lives. Aside from her incredible talent (you can see a few of our photos here: http://tarawelchphotography.com/sarah-braden-carlyle-club-wedding-sneak-peek/), she has a great personality. She is laid back, fun, and personable, and as a bride full of nerves, having her nearby calmed me down and gave me the confidence that everything was going to turn out beautifully. She handled the stress of photographing my giant blended family (parents, stepparents, cousins, siblings, etc) without batting an eye, and did not miss a single shot we wanted to capture. Another great benefit of working with Tara is that she gives you full rights to your photos – she literally sends you a thumb drive with the images, so you can make as many prints as you would like for years to come. For us, this was a huge added value. She also did very sweet things for us throughout our wedding planning process, sending us a card and a small care package that was incredibly thoughtful. I can’t say enough good things about Tara. Choosing her as your photographer will be the best decision you make in your wedding planning process.

Tara is an artist!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2012 Michelle T

Tara Welch is such an incredible photographer!!! When my husband and I were looking for photographers for our wedding we were really looking for someone who shared our sense of taste and style. We visited many photographers' websites and were blown away by Tara's aesthetic. She... Read More is just so talented and not at all generic. We absolutely loved our wedding pictures and our complimentary engagement session. Our family and friends were also so impressed with the quality and creativity Tara brought to our pictures. She's also incredibly sweet and puts everyone at ease during the whole process. Tara was our very favorite wedding vendor and we just cannot give her enough props. She is an artist and super nice and fun to be around to boot. Finally, she's very professional and gives you every confidence that your memories of the most important day of your life are in good hands.

Tara Welch rocked our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Autumn

Our photos turned out amazing! Tara did a great job at capturing our own personalities in every photo. She took the time to ask us questions and get to know us before the wedding so she knew exactly how to make us relax in front of the camera so we could have fun and be... Read More ourselves. I could not be happier with the pics or the service that we got!