The Ford Plantation

Richmond Hill, GA

Where your wedding dreams come true.

$$$$

Guest Capacity

Country Club, Historic Venue, Tented

Food + Catering

12511 Ford Ave, Richmond Hill, GA

Absolute Magic

Reviewed on 4/23/2012 ashleigh b

I had my wedding at the Ford Plantation last weekend and I cannot say enough about it. All of my guests said the food was the best they had ever had (not just at a wedding but anywhere) and the service was beyond incredible. Our families and wedding party all stayed on the... Read More property in different rentals which were all incredibly appointed and wonderfully comfortable. Although the Ford is not inexpensive, it is worth every penny we spent and more. Our wedding was an absolute dream at the Ford due to the sheer magic of the landscape and the unparalleled service, attention to detail and wonderful people who work there. They somehow even managed to keep the storm away until our wedding had ended!! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Beautiful Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/21/2011 Ginny J

I don't think there is a more beautiful place on earth to get married than the Ford Plantation. Unfortunately, that's reflected in the cost. It is quite pricey, and you must use their catering and bar. Our bar service got very expensive, much more than we had planned on in... Read More fact. I will say that the service we received for our reception was exceptional. The entire staff was so friendly and accommodating to our guests, and we had a ball with the bartenders. I took away a star because a little more responsiveness in the beginning (when we were trying to book the venue) would have been nice. The coordinator Erika seemed a bit aloof at first, though that changed as we got closer to the big day. The Plantation is an exclusive club that caters to their members and only recently offered the option of holding wedding for non-members, and sometimes I felt we were getting the 'non-member' treatment. For example, it took weeks to nail down our date. We were all ready to go, but b/c a board members' daughter was looking at getting married around the same time, we had to basically just be on hold until she made up her mind. She ended up picking my first choice for a date, so we went with our second choice, only to find out months later that she ended up changing her mind and picking a totally different month! Beyond annoying. The head chef Juan Carlos is amazing, his pulled pork is the best I've ever tasted and the guests are still raving about the dinner. James is also super sweet and was very attentive during our reception. Everything came together beautifully on our wedding day, and everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever seen.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/03/2010 Catherine D

The Ford Plantation made our wedding so amazing, we wish we could re-live it. The staff is so helpful, generous, and professional, the food is PHENOMENAL and the landscape and natural beauty of the plantation cannot be matched. We loved every second of that day, and the... Read More planning process was so simple for us. We have received so many compliments on how perfect everything was, how nothing went wrong, how beautiful the plantation was, and how so many of our guests would love to go back and enjoy the Ford Plantation again. It was seriously fantastic!

Wonderful weekend

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 mimi b

we had our October wedding at TFP- it was just beautiful and the whole staff was incredibly helpful and sweet. The food was great and the team really workd with us on what we wanted; the chef made special appetizers that we requested! We got married in front of the main house... Read More and had the reception in the back- all the guests thought it was a gorgeous set up.

TO The Ford Plantation