27 Proposal Worthy Quotes You Can Use for Your Engagement
Finding the string of words to express yourself can be challenging, especially when preparing to pop the question. After all, this is your moment, and you want to get it right! But fear not, we've collected some of the best proposal quotes to help you capture the essence of your love and commitment.
From classic literature and modern-day romance books to funny quotes and cute lines, these expressions of love serve as the perfect centerpiece for one of the most significant milestones in your life. All you have to do is set the stage, bring along a proposal photographer to hide in the shadows, pick a quote and customize as needed, get down on bended knee and add your question to the end. Your intimate moment will create the jumping point that begins the rest of your life together, using the simple power of words.
The Best Marriage Proposal Quotes
The best marriage proposal quotes are bound to capture the essence of your love and leave your partner speechless. These quotes will help you set the stage for a proposal you both will cherish.
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." —J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- "Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning." —Paulo Coelho
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." —Maya Angelou
- "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." —Leo Christopher
- "You are the best thing that's ever been mine." —"Mine (Taylor's Version)," by Taylor Swift
Romantic Proposal Quotes
Calling all hopeless romantics! These romantic proposal quotes will surely melt your partner's heart and make it impossible for them to give you anything but a yes. Use these as a springboard, adding your question at the end and adjusting any pronouns as needed.
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." —Hermann Hesse
- "Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be." —Robert Browning
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." —Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." —Nora Ephron
- "Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure. —"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing," by Aerosmith
- "I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." —Noah Calhoun, The Notebook
Cute Proposal Quotes
Cute proposal quotes can be romantic in their own right. Remember, you want to pop the question in a way that fits your relationship. Here are some adorable quotes to use that will make them say, "Awww!"
- "You're my lobster." —Ross Geller, Friends
- "You're my person. You will always be my person." —Cristina Yang, Grey's Anatomy
- "You're the one that I want. Ooh, ooh, ooh." —Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson, Grease
- "We go together like peanut butter and jelly." —Unknown
- "For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be." —Jack Skellington, The Nightmare Before Christmas
- "You had me at hello." —Dorothy Boyd, Jerry Maguire
Beautiful Proposal Quotes
Asking your person for their hand is a lovely gesture all on its own, but these beautiful proposal quotes will bring the moment to a whole other level. While simple, these quotes will help you express your feelings and make a memory that will last forever.
- "You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars." —E.E. Cummings
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." —A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- "Life with you is like a dream, and I never want to wake up." —Unknown
- "You are my today and all of my tomorrows." —Leo Christopher
- "All that you are is all that I'll ever need." —"Tenerife Sea," by Ed Sheeran
Funny Proposal Quotes
So, you want to propose, but humor is more your style than sappy romance or cutesy quips—we've got you. Here are some funny proposal quotes sure to get a laugh and bring a certain unique quality to the moment.
- "Will you be my partner in crime?" —Unknown
- "You're the only one I want to annoy for the rest of my life." —Mindy Lahiri, The Mindy Project
- "I promise not to keep score in our arguments, even though I'm totally winning. Marry me?" —Unknown
- "We go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong." —Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs, Grease
- "You're my density. I mean, my destiny." —George McFly, Back to the Future