Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City

Raymore, MO

We make wedding dreams come true!

You've planned this day since you were a little girl. From casual hors d'oeuvre buffets to formal plated dinners, we offer high quality food, outstanding presentation, excellent service -- all at an affordable price. With Affordable Elegance, you can rest assured that your reception will be your dre

$$

Specialty

American Regional, Continental, Dessert Specialists, French, Fusion, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Vegetarian

407 W Pine Street, Raymore, MO

My favorite vendor!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Justina J

When I was planning for a KC wedding from Michigan, I didn't think twice about choosing Affordable Elegance to be our caterer! I grew up in the Raymore area and was not only excited about supporting the local business, but had always heard such rave reviews over the years! I was able to coordinate multiple tasting with a couple different of my family members and we went with a BBQ-themed buffet menu. Through a few emails and phone calls, everything was set-up and my expectations were exceeded when it came to the comprehensiveness of their service (e.g. tracking down the exact chair cover sash color in champagne I wanted), their value, and their ease of working with. They also had extensive experience dealing with my venue and when a few miscommunications arose in coordinating the set-up and arrangement for the reception, they told me they would make it work and not to worry about anything. Dee-Dee, Camie, Brenda, and the head caterer Jeff were wonderful to work with and with all of the stress the comes with planning, I always looked forward to communicating with them. They were very flexible in terms integrating some of my own personal pieces and touches in with their set-up and design, all I had to do was drop off some of my items I wanted for the center pieces in advance. We went non-traditional and had pie instead of cake and the pies were delicious and a fun twist, again they were very happy to work with my ideas! I heard nothing but rave reviews about the food, all of the out-of-town guests just loved the BBQ, and the locals confirmed that it was indeed delicious. If you are looking for a caterer with years of experience, that is high quality, the best value you will find, and that will actually make your planning less-stressful and enjoyable, I highly recommend AE.

3 months later and people are STILL talking about the food

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Kelley M

It is so hard to put down all the great things about the poeple at Affordable Elegance. The food was so incredible that people were going up for 2nds and 3rds and everytime we see someone who came to the wedding they bring it up. Not only was the food incredible, they matched the cake picture I brought them perfectly and it was delicious. The staff is incredible. They helped us along through everything and were so easy to communicate with. The best part is that their food is not outrageously priced. You will not find a better caterer.

9/15/2014 Response from the vendor

This is awesome Kelley! Thank you so much for choosing us to share such a wonderful day with you, Julian, both families and friends. Don't forget to come see us at Gregory's Sunday Brunch if you are out this way. Camie

Affordable Elegance - check them out!

Reviewed on 4/02/2014

I selected Affordable Elegance based on reviews through The Knot, and I have to say that my husband and I were quite impressed! We were able to do a weeknight taste test of the foods and discussed our wedding and venue with Dee-Dee, who made several great suggestions based upon her experience with catering so many events. Once we booked the event, we ran into an issue with the linens we had secured elsewhere; Cami was able to quickly contact their local linen supplier in Raymore and arranged to pick up linens and deliver them to our venue in time for decorating. The pricing was very reasonable and her efforts to promptly help us out were top notch! The day of the event, I was blown away by the setup of the cake table - the groom's cake their baker made of a tailgating grill was fantastic and so realistic-looking!! The kids absolutely loved it! We heard so many compliments on the groom's cake, that the cupcakes were the best ever, and how good the Swedish meatballs and spinach artichoke dip were on the buffet table. I was very pleased with the fruit and veggies on the buffet as well! The only suggestion we have food-wise is that the sandwiches seemed to be a bit dry with a lot of bun compared to toppings. Otherwise, we couldn't have been happier. The wait staff was very friendly, professional and accommodating, and they looked sharp in their attire. Jeff, the lead caterer, was so on top of things...he and his crew made sure my husband and I were taken care of with beverages right away, and he let us know when someone walked out with a box of our alcohol without permission after the event ended (we were able to track it down before it left the premises and grateful Jeff let us know so promptly). Jeff and his assistant handled the final walkthrough and cleanup of the venue...that was music to our ears after such a long day!! We knew we could trust him and his assistant after all they had done for the evening, and the fact they had prior experience working at that particular venue. We were able to take home leftovers and had the option of donating them to a shelter had we not taken the food with us. They also offered us a complimentary Sunday brunch at their Gregory's location! I will most definitely recommend Affordable Elegance to others. We felt like valued customers from day one, and that is very important to us. I truly believe Affordable Elegance builds its reputation on a well-rounded customer experience from beginning to end. They are very friendly, professional, timely, flexible and all around good people. You should definitely check them out!!

9/10/2014 Response from the vendor

Justina--thank you so much for your kind words!! You were a pleasure to work with and we appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. Best wishes to you and Tom!

Stress Free Reception

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

They were very friendly we were allowed to go in to the event center that they owned where we had the reception two days before the wedding. There staff checked on us all through out the night making sure we didn't have any problems or questions about anything. I really enjoyed the food so did all of our guests. We also loved the fact when the reception was over they had a lot of people to help break down the centerpieces and all the things that we had brought in. It was a stress free night and it went very smoothly.

11/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We enjoyed working with you, Courtney. Blessings on your marriage!

Overall great, but lacking attention to details

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tessa

Affordable Elegance helped us with not only our food, but also our other needs such as tent, tables and chairs, etc. They were easy to work with and got back to me quickly every time I had a question. Food quality was great; service of setting up the tent, lights, and catering was great. On the day of the wedding, things looked great but I just noticed a few details were not as planned. Nothing to make me mad, but I just noticed that some of the things we had discussed were not done the way we planned. For instance, I had green and pink napkins and was told not to place them at every other table setting as it could look circus-y; rather, do an entire table of green and an entire table of pink. A great piece of advice that I agreed with! But they placed them that way anyway. Also I was advised that the cupcake frostings should all be white so that the d├ęcor on top matched. Another great idea, as previously I wanted some to be chocolate icing! I agreed with this but then half were chocolate icing anyway. Also I wanted the linen table cloths to go to the floor/ground, and they didn't, that could have been my fault for not knowing what measurements I had agreed to -- all I knew was that I wanted floor length and since I said that, I thought it would happen. The day of the wedding they told me that they don't like to do floor length because it gets dirty in the grass. Good to know. We would have still liked to change to a longer linen but apparently the linen company they use is closed on Saturdays (???) so there was no chance to get longer ones. As you can see none of these things were deal breakers (to me) but just caused me a bit of irritation. There were a few other things like this. Also as you can see none of these things had to do with the food quality, which was great! The staff that served the meal was very professional and excellent. Also my father in law needed a heart healthy plate and they accommodated him, which I thought was very nice. I would recommend them but perhaps try to stay in contact with one person, maybe part of the problem was that I spoke with three or four people so maybe some of my comments were lost in the passing of notes.

Great planning & staff, good food

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Whitney G

Planning was so easy and stress free, they were a pleasure to work with, arrived on time and didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day.

10/22/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! It was our privilege to work with you, Bryce and your families. We pray blessings on your marriage and your futures.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Courtney A

Affordable Elegance Catering is amazing! Amazing food, amazing service and amazing people! I'm go glad we picked them! Everybody loved the food and raved about it! I will recommend them to everyone! Thank you Greg and Dee Dee!!!

10/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Courtney, It was so great working with you and Patrick. Thank you for choosing us for your special day. It's great when we have "corporate" clients cross over to personal events. Best wishes to you and Patrick - we'll look forward to working with you... Read Less Read More

Great caterer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Alice R

My now husband and I chose AE Catering to do our cocktail hour and dinner for our wedding and couldn't have been happier. They were very helpful the entire planning process and were more than happy to answer all of my questions, and I had a lot. They were always very quick to respond to emails and let me add special details, like including my favorite bbq sauce, easily. They bartended for us also and made sure the bar area looked great. Of course their food was delicious too so I highly recommend them!

10/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Alice, It was our pleasure to work with you and Vincent. You were so organized and detailed - truly a pleasure! Thank you for your compliments and great review. We'll look forward to your referrals and hope to see you again sometime. Best wishes! Dee-Dee

The Wedding Reception Of Our Dreams

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Jessica M

The minute we met with Affordable Elegance Catering, we knew they had the perfect types of food and pricing for our big day. We first met with the Dee Dee and Jeff seven months before our wedding day. They made the entire process very easy, reviewing with us our different options and corresponding with us along the way. We changed our minds numerous times and they were so easy to work with. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with. Once our day finally came, they were incredibly organized, very well planned, and everything we wanted. We are still hearing reviews from guests saying how amazing the dinner was. It was a night we will never forget.

10/21/2014 Response from the vendor

It was our privilege and pleasure to work with you and your families. Thank you for choosing us to be part of your special day.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Emily H

We had such a great experience working with Affordable Elegance for our wedding! They provided our buffet dinner, cupcakes, linens, and bartending. Their services really exceeded our expectations - things that we thought would cost extra, such as doing the room flip, were included! Dee Dee, Camie, and Brenda made sure every detail was in order before our wedding day, and Jeff and his crew made sure everything ran smoothly. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. The food and cupcakes were delicious and the value was excellent. I can't think of even one little complaint about Affordable Elegance - I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or other special event.

10/21/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review ~ It was a pleasure working with you, Brandon and your families to make your wedding everything you ever dreamed it would be. We pray God's blessing on your marriage and your future.

Delicious & Affordable

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Heather K

We worked with Camie for our wedding. She was great! We chose brisket and parm chicken and everyone loved it and went back for seconds. At our tasting we were sold by the great food, affordable price and genuine friendliness of everyone we met. At our reception the staff was great. They cut the cake for us even though we went with a different baker. They helped clear the tables, scrape food off the plates at the end of the night and packaged up left overs. I was surprised to find a complimentary bottle of wine in my car at the end of the night with a nice note from the owners. It was a very nice touch that ended the night perfectly.

10/21/2014 Response from the vendor

It was awesome to work with you, Kirk and your families to make you wedding day's dreams come true. Thank you for choosing us to share the day with you. Many blessing to your marriage and your futures.

Perfect addition to our day!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Ryan Z

We recently used Affordable Elegance to cater our wedding. They worked diligently with us to set up the perfect menu and make our day special. The food was delicious and we received several compliments throughout the evening. We also used them to rent linens, tables, chairs, china, glassware, silverware, etc. We requested little details like having the water goblets filled prior to the guest arriving, the china being placed on the tables rather than the buffet and all those details were met without hesitation. The staff at Affordable Elegance was extremely professional and wonderful to deal with throughout the entire process. I would recommend them over and over.

Amazing Catering and Service

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Megan S

For our daughter's April 2014 wedding, we selected Affordable Elegance Catering in out hometown of Raymore Missouri. We had met DeeDee at a local Bridal Fair. She was very friendly and helpful. She invited us to a tasting during their Sunday brunch. They had prepared our pre-selected items as well as a few of her suggestions. Delicious! We secured them that day for our catering needs. The planning process was very easy and stress free. We had close to 300 guests for appetizers, open bar and dinner. The presentation was beautiful and well set up in plenty of time. Affordable Elegance also provided the bartenders. Those ladies were awesome! The wedding party and guests were treated like VIP's. Our guests raved about the food and service. They were on top of everything at all times. The cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful. Clean-up was made very simple and the leftovers were packaged up for us. I highly recommend Affordable Elegance for any catering needs. They went above and beyond all expectations.

9/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was our pleasure to work with you and your families. We appreciate you taking the time to post this review, and for your referral. Working with people like you is what makes our job pleasurable. Blessings... Read Less Read More

My perfect wedding

Reviewed on 8/01/2014

The catering was amazing everything was great from the food to the service. They even matched their bow ties to my wedding colors. I would recommend them to anyone.

8/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the priviledge to be a part of your special day. We pray God's blessings on your marriage and your future!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Cassandra C

We highly recommend Affordable Elegance for any catering event you might have. Deedee, Jeff and Cammie are great to work with. They listen to your ideas, the give great advice and then they execute your plan to perfection. The food was excellent....great crabcakes! We would use them again in a heartbeat. Also, go to their Sunday brunch called Gregory's in raymore. Awesome!

Affordable elegance catering Kansas City is AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Amelia W

They truly went above and beyond to make the perfect wedding day. My guest raved about how delish the food was especially the chicken spindene...it was all fresh and hot and wonderful tasting. They use fresh herbs and ingredients. You can tell they really care about their brides day and making it special. They even did things that weren't required of them to help my day run more smoothly like set all the centerpieces up for me!!!! They were professional and personal making it super special. I truly don't know how they day would've gone without them there. They were friendly and genuine. They are affordable too. Look no further this is the caterer to use!!! I would use this vendor again in a heartbeat!!!!

10/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Justina, I was just working on The Knot and noticed that it doesn't look like we responded to your awesome review last month. Please don't let the delay minimize our extreme appreciation for your kind comments. We so enjoyed working with you and your family.... Read Less Read More

Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Lisa F

We had several different flavors and all were very good! Red Velvet was our fav! Price was great compared to bakeries!!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Leann P

Thank you so much for the fantastic job you did catering our wedding. So many of our guests complimented on how good the food and service was! Thanks again!

6/17/2014 Response from the vendor

It has been our privilege and pleasure to work with you and your families. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day. We pray God's blessing on your marriage and your future.

Perfect Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Alysha V

Affordable Elegance handled the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception of our son and new daughter-in-law and made the weekend just perfect. Friday nights rehearsal dinner was awesome from the venue to the food. The food was delicious and the staff excellent. Saturdays wedding reception surpassed our expectations. The presentation, the food and staff made the event a success. It was nice to know that everything was handled and we could enjoy the wedding without worries. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and went over and beyond for us. We look forward to using Affordable Elegance in the future.

6/05/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I was our pleasure and privilege to share such a special day with Alysha, Kyle and their families.

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed on 2/26/2014 Brianna R

If you are looking for a stress-free catering and bar experience, Affordable Elegance Catering will not disappoint! My wedding involved a tricky room flip, a cocktail hour, and a dinner, and everything went off without a hitch. The food was delicious, the cupcakes/cake were beautiful, and our full bar was a huge hit! The staff is so friendly and easy to work with; they return your calls/emails very promptly, and will provide as much or as little guidance as you need. At the end of the evening, I gave them all hugs because they were so sweet and helpful. They really know how to make your big day special! Several of my guests are still talking about how much fun they had talking with the bartender. I can't praise Affordable Elegance Catering enough!

Awesome Company

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 megan h

we were so impressed by your services from the set up, to all the food, cake, attention to detail and exceptional service. We felt that they went out of their way to make our day special and did a great job anticipating our needs during the reception; making everything happen seamlessly and effortlessly. They came and helped with table set up even when the rental company didn't do it as planned. They provide appetizers, cake and a station style meal for us and everything on the menu from Asian, BBQ, Italian, desserts etc. was outstanding. Our guests loved the options and we were able to see our vision through because they are such great people and extremely affordable. They did an amazing job and I'd recommend them to anyone for any occasion. I look forward to other opportunities to use them again in the future!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Courtney G

Deedee & Jeff were so organized and on top of everything leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself went off smoothly without a hitch. The food was great and all of their staff was so helpful and friendly! The bartender was extremely friendly and Jeff did a great job of having the food all ready and set up beautifully!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Rebecca H

This vendor was awesome! They were so easy to work with and everyone was so sweet. Even when I was changing my minds about linens every other day they were sweet about adjusting the napkin colors. The food was even better than I expected. I had heard that there is normally a difference between what the food tastes like at a testing and what it tastes like when made in large quantities for your event, but I thought it was just as good as I remembered. I seriously got compliments on how delicious the food was all night. I also ended up getting my wedding cake through them. I might be biased, but it was definitely the most delicious cake I've ever had. We almost ran out, and it was another thing I got so many compliments on! I would seriously recommend them to anyone getting married in KC, because I can't imagine a better caterer for their price. They are really the best!

Above & Beyond

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Alison V

DeeDee and her team at Affordable Elegance went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing. Not only was the food fantastic, we were treated like royalty. The minute we walked in we received a drink and anything else we needed. We chose chicken spiedini and brisket along with salad, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans almandine. Everything was so tasty and our guests absolutely loved it. We highly recommend Affordable Elegance to anyone getting married. And, if you want to get a taste of their amazing food, we encourage you to head to Gregory's Sunday Brunch in Raymore on Sundays. Try the chocolate chip bread pudding with white chocolate sauce...it's divine. Amazing food, amazing service, and all around amazing people!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Rachel R

These people are amazing! We had the best experience using Affordable Elegance. Dee Dee and her staff were very helpful and accommodating during the planning process. This was especially great since we did much of the planning from NYC, where we live. At the reception, all of the food was excellent, as was the service! Sarita attended to my husband and myself, going above & beyond by carrying and loading up my plate so I didn't spill anything on my dress! Thank you so much, AE!! You guys are wonderful!!

TO Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City