Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City

Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

We make wedding dreams come true!

You've planned this day since you were a little girl. From casual hors d'oeuvre buffets to formal plated dinners, we offer high quality food, outstanding presentation, excellent service -- all at an affordable price. With Affordable Elegance, you can rest assured that your reception will be your dre

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

407 W Pine Street, Raymore, MO Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area (816) 331-4528

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Carolann W

Words cannot even begin to express my gratitude after having Dee Dee, Greg, Camie and team cater our wedding. From the very beginning Dee Dee was amazing and made us feel very at ease. Dee Dee and Camie, were both so friendly every time I had a request and or question. They were... Read More both fantastic to work with! My family and my husband's family are both out of town, but Dee Dee and Camie were always flexible when we had adjustments and/or questions. I had experience in catering before and definitely had a vision for our wedding day. Not only did Dee Dee, Greg and team exceed our expectations but everyone that attended our event talked about the food for weeks after our wedding. The two plates that I heard the most about, was the Prime Rib and the Baked Halibut. GREG...fantastic! The food was sensational! We even had special catfish bites offered within our cocktail hour that was amazing!!!! I did not get to eat much at our cocktail hour and had only a few bites here and there but all guests could not believe how incredible it was. My one regret, was not asking for a sampling of all our passed hors' doeurves on a plate to be at our sweetheart table at the beginning of our reception. The room looked amazing at Powell Gardens as well, as that was all Affordable Elegance's responsibility. I could not have asked for a better team to have celebrated our wedding with us! If you are looking for a team that will pay attention to every detail and complete it with class....Affordable Elegance is the caterer you are looking for! Thank you for making our wedding so memorable. We will also for sure be out to visit you for brunches!

2017-07-21T11:24:38 Response from the vendor

Carolann, I know that Dee-Dee has already given you her personal response but I just wanted to thank you for the raving review; and to let you know what a pleasure it was to work with you, Eric and your families. See you soon at... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jillian C

My mom is in the catering business, so I knew we were going to struggle to find a caterer that could meet her expectations. After meeting with some other caterers and being underwhelmed by their food, we found Affordable Elegance. After enjoying brunch at Gregory's, we met with... Read More Dee Dee and looked through the menu options. To say my mom was impressed would be an understatement! Dee Dee, Camie, and team were patient with us while we debated over the entrees we wanted for the reception. It took us several months after signing the agreement and putting down the deposit to decide! Never once did the Affordable Elegance team rush us to make a decision. We opted for the brisket and supreme chicken. And then, at the last hour, we decided to have two separate buffet lines (4 serving lines total). AE knocked it out of the park. The lines were moving, food flowing, and the staff were extremely professional. They had our meal plated for us at the head table along with someone checking in on us every so often. We were so impressed! The food was amazing; we were still receiving compliments a couple weeks after the wedding. The AE team gets a 10 out of 10 for sure!

2017-10-17T13:48:22 Response from the vendor

Jillian, Thank you for such a wonderful review ~ it was our pleasure to work with you, your mom and both of your families to make you day exactly what you had always hoped for it be. Please remember to stop by Gregory's Sunday brunch... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Erin S

AE was awesome! Working with Dee Dee and Camie for our wedding was great - they were so nice and accommodating. We had a lot of guests with dietary issues and they handled everything perfectly (even late RSVPs)! We would choose AE catering again and recommend them to anyone.

2017-08-28T09:49:49 Response from the vendor

Erin and Jacob, Thank you for your kind words! It was our pleasure to serve you and to help make your day special and memorable. We wish you the best on your life together and would love to have you come visit us at Gregory's... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Lauren B

We were beyond happy with Affordable Elegance. They were amazing!! They went out of their way to make sure the day was perfect. The reception venue would not allow us to drop off cheese/fruit trays the morning of our wedding because they did not have anywhere to store them... Read More until that evening. Affordable Elegance brought the trays down for us and it was ready to go when cocktail hour started. They were so easy and friendly to work with. They service at the reception was professional and everything went smoothly. They served over 350 people at our wedding and everyone had plenty of food! I recommend AE to anyone getting married in the Kansas City area!

2017-08-25T09:03:12 Response from the vendor

Lauren, Thank you so much for your glowing review. We were more than happy to help to make your day run as smoothly as possible for all of you. Don't forget to stop by when you are around Raymore and have brunch. Camie

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Mary-Esta S

We used them to cater for our wedding reception. They went above and beyond to cater to our every need! Everything was delicious, the staff was so very friendly and helpful, and the set up looked very classy! I was very pleased and would use them again in the future.

2017-08-21T08:11:47 Response from the vendor

MaryEsta & Matt, Thank you so much for your generous review ~ we enjoyed working with both of you and your families. Your reception was beautiful & everyone had such a good time. Don't forget to come visit us for a complimentary brunch ~ I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Cheryl P

From the very first conversation to the actual execution of the event Affordable Elegance staff were extremely professional, very personable and beyond helpful. I believe that their food and service really helped make the wedding as wonderful as it could possibly be. Their... Read More services were very affordable and I received so many compliments on the food itself as well as how beautiful the buffet looked. They made my job as mother of the bride so much easier by taking a lot of worry off my shoulders and they did a stellar job all the way through the whole process. I don't think they could have possibly done anything else to make this wedding such a success.

2017-08-17T08:31:22 Response from the vendor

Cheryl, Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to work with youand both of your families. Everything was beautiful, especially Kat! Be sure and stop by and see us sometime soon and have Sunday Brunch! Kindest regards, Camie

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 kathy M

The team at Affordable Elegance was absolutely terrific. Our wedding reception was beautiful. Everything we needed and wanted to make our reception beautiful was taken care of. We rented the basement of our church and their linens and dinnerware service were stunning and... Read More complemented our decorations perfectly. The serving staff were on-time, helpful and courteous. Finally, the food was very tasty, plentiful and presented with flair. They were wonderful!

2017-08-07T08:23:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your words of kindness ~ we certainly enjoyed working with you and your families. Don't forget to come visit us at Gregory's sometime soon. Camie

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Tia D

Tia Daniels Horan · 21 hours ago I don't know where to begin. EVERYTHING was amazing from beginning to end. The tasting, the planning, the actual dinner. The entire team was a dream to work with. The food was delicious. We received so many compliments on the... Read More food and OH MY GOODNESS--the cream cheese mints, awesome!!! They even made the mints and décor match our theme. I am so happy we went with AE. Thank you so much for being part of our day and making it even more fabulous.

2017-07-17T12:44:51 Response from the vendor

Tia, Thank you for the kind words and the awesome review. It was our pleasure to serve you and to help make your day memorable! We are so glad that you enjoyed the food and especially the mints :) Best wishes to you and Robert.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lauren B

AE was great! They were very helpful when choosing our dinner options and let us try any ones we were considering. They kept in contact with us the entire time and went above and beyond to make sure our day was absolutely perfect! We would recommend them to everyone!

2017-06-26T11:10:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was our pleasure to serve you and your family & friends. Be sure to visit us at Gregory's for brunch!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 DeNae W

We were very happy with affordable elegance catering. Camie was a pleasure to work with. She was very friendly, professional, and accommodating. She was willing to change whatever we asked of her. And to top it off they will give the bride and groom a free cake on the wedding... Read More anniversary! We would like to thank them for helping our daughter and son-in-law's wedding go so smoothly.

2017-05-09T12:49:16 Response from the vendor

Awe ~ thank you so much for your kind words! You all were such a joy to work with. Please don't forget to come and see us at Gregory's Sunday Brunch. Camie

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Eric V

Outstanding catering! Easy to work with, great selections and a friendly & efficient team of servers. Very happy with our choice. Would use them again and highly recommend their services.

2017-05-05T09:10:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Eric! It was a joy to work with all of you. Don't forget to come and see us sometime soon at Gregory's. Thanks again, Camie

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Jeanné W

Everyone at Affordable Elegance worked together to have a wonderful wedding reception for our son. They provided the dinner, bar and linens. They took our color choice and accented the buffet table. We had rave reviews on the fantastic food from everyone. (We had the pecan... Read More crusted pork and the carved sirloin.) Everything was timely and went like clockwork. Many thanks to Dee-Dee, Camie and crew!

2017-02-21T13:12:43 Response from the vendor

Jeanne, Thank you so much for your kind words ~ your entire group of guests were such a pleasure to serve. We have even started talking with Joe's friend Joe at Restaurant Link. It was a pleasure, and an honor to be able to share... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Stacy M

I can't say enough good things about Dee Dee and her staff. They were able to make my menu exactly how I wanted which is hard for a picky eater like me. We had a small ceremonial cake and it was absolutely perfect. I'm still receiving compliments on how delicious the food was.... Read More At first I wasn't sold on the price, but you definitely get what you pay for (in a good way). They made me very relaxed and I never worried one bit about the day of details with Affordable. The food presentation was perfect and everything turned out just the right temperature and the flavo was amazing. I highly recommend Affordable Elegance for all future brides in the are, you will not be disappointed.

2016-12-27T08:44:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much. We really enjoyed working with you and I will definitely pass your kind compliments on to my staff. They are a great team! Best wishes to you and your family. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Rachel S

I highly recommend! They were great to work with and were very professional and organized. People commented on how much they enjoyed the dinner at our reception!

2016-12-12T08:35:09 Response from the vendor

Rachel, Thank you so much for your kind remarks! It was our pleasure to help make you and Corey's day special and memorable. Please stop by and see us at brunch again soon. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Jourdan H

Excellent value for the price! Very accommodating with our schedule both for tasting as well as serving on the wedding day. They have several options for your budget and are willing to customize within that. The staff was fantastic, they saved our decorations from the cake... Read More before we cut it and even set aside small plates of appetizers for the wedding party while we were taking pictures.

2016-11-22T09:13:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. It was our pleasure. We always enjoy getting nice comments about our staff. We're glad you noticed and appreciated the "extra" service and attention to details from our staff. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Alisa V

My husband and I hired Affordable Elegance to work our November wedding. I can not speak highly enough of this company. Not only were they responsive throughout the entire planning process, answering our many phone calls and emails within an hour or two, but they went above and... Read More beyond what I would have expected from a caterer. They met with us multiple times, let our imaginations run wild when choosing our desert flavors (we went with a combination of pies and cupcakes), and even met with us at our venue to discuss lay out and recommendations for setting up our tables. The night ran so smoothly with their help, and the room was set up beautifully! Aubrey was our head caterer and checked on us periodically to make sure we were satisfied. The servers were very friendly and helpful every step of the way throughout the night. And of course, the food was delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests on how tasty the dinner was. I couldn't be more happy with the level or professionalism and the service that was provided by Dee Dee, Cami, Aubrey, and the rest of the Affordable Elegance team. I will strongly recommend these caterers to anyone who asks in the future! Thank you for helping us pull off such a beautiful evening!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 M M

Incredible people running an amazingly sweet business! So fun and easy to work with. Food and cake were amazing! Received many compliments on the food and cake! Would recommend them to everyone!

2016-10-26T11:09:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to work with you and your families on your special day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Chrissy M

The people at Affordable Elegance were so accommodating! The food and cake were delicious. Everyone talked about how good everything was. They have a Sunday brunch at their location, and a few times my husband and I have driven the 30+ minutes out there just to enjoy their... Read More food.

2016-10-07T15:08:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to work with you. Don't forget to call us for your free anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Mandy W

Everything from planning to the actual reception was perfect in every way!!! Camie and DeeDee are so easy to work with.They listened to our requests and helped us work out details and gave us ideas to fit our budget.Everything we've asked for was taken care of.The presentation... Read More of the food and tables was excellent! The staff was on task and even helped us clean up after the reception.We really had fun and would recommend Affordable Elegance to anyone planning an event!

2016-10-07T15:10:47 Response from the vendor

WOW! "Perfect in every way!!!" is such a great compliment. It is always our goal, and we are so thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you so much - It was our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelsey W

Highly recommend! Camie helped us through our entire wedding planning and the event! She was accommodating and extremely professional! I felt taken care of from the moment we went for a food tasting, throughout the work of fittting our catering to our budget, all the way to the... Read More end of our wedding! The food was good, the service was great, and the set up and clean up was amazing. They will definitely take care of you.

2016-10-07T15:12:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks for confirming what we already know - Camie is awesome! We are so happy that you were so pleased with your food and service. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christa H

Fantastic quality and service! Our wedding was in September at the Courtyard Marriott in Briarcliff. Deedee, Camie, and the crew were very helpful in coordinating details before the event, and executed perfectly! We did not have to worry about catering at all on our wedding day.... Read More Thanks for all your help!

2016-10-07T15:13:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are so happy you were well pleased. It was truly our pleasure to work with you. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Savannah C

WOW! All I can say is WOW! Affordable Elegance was absolutely amazing. From the food to the staff I give them 10s across the board. I had so many people come up and tell us how great the food was. We had chicken parmesan, pasta, green beans and bread. We also had them make our... Read More cake which was yellow and chocolate marble with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. It was all so so so good! The staff was great from the moment we chose them as our caterer until we made our grand exit from the reception. They even set us home with all the left over food and a bottle of wine. Before the wedding they were very good about responding to my emails (and I sent A LOT of emails) and they always answered all of my questions. If you want to have wonderful food served by a kind staff, then look no further! The are amazing!

2016-09-12T14:26:19 Response from the vendor

Savannah, It was truly our pleasure to be able to serve you and Daniel, and to help make your wedding reception special and memorable! We appreciate your kind words and your excellent rating. Best wishes to you both. Please visit us at Gregory's sometime soon!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Valerie P

Highly recommended! Affordable Elegance catered our wedding in August 2016 @ 28 Event Space. Affordable Elegance was recommended by a co-worker. Simply put, my wife and I give Cami and her staff the highest marks as professionals and catering service. Cami and her staff, not... Read More only treated us as important clients, but they also treated us as if we were family. Cami took time to consider our budget, customize our menu, and personalize our table linen/napkin colors, table layout and design. They provided outstanding customer service skills, very detail oriented, and their food and services were excellent. We received many positive comments from our guests (roughly 260 in attendance). My wife and I explored many catering services in the Kansas City area, and by far Affordable Elegance ranked top of the list. I personally want to thank Cami and staff for a job well done and making everything stress free. For those seeking a quality catering service I highly recommend contacting Affordable Elegance.

2016-08-31T11:00:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind and generous review. The two of you, and you families, were such a joy to work with. I am grateful to have the opportunity to share such a wonderful day with you. Don't forget to come see us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Zach R

I tried 6 other caterers before I found this caterer. They responded to any and all of my questions within a couple hours and were very experienced and professional. They executed our full room flip perfectly, and took all worry off of me and my mom. Their prices, as their name... Read More suggests, are fair and affordable. Above all, the food was spectacular. We received numerous complements that this was the best wedding food people had ever had and that the Mexican food tasted authentic. Just wish I could get more carnitas and adobe chicken now!

2016-08-16T09:24:38 Response from the vendor

Bethany, We loved working with you and Zach your family. Thank you so much for your great review. The part that your guests deemed our food as "authentic" is a great compliment. Best wishes - we hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Maddie S

Camie and her team were wonderful! The food is amazing- we got so many compliments from our guests about the food. The baked beans are to die for! It was so easy and wonderful working with the team- they went above and beyond to make sure our reception was perfect. They are also... Read More very affordable with a good quality of food and service! Would definitely pick them again!

2016-06-29T08:13:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, We enjoyed working with you and your mom, Diana, you all were such a pleasure to work with. We pray many blessings on your new life and marriage. Don't forget to come by for brunch sometime soon!

Greg & Dee-Dee Stokes

As owners of Affordable Elegance Catering, we are fully committed to being among the best of Kansas City catering companies. Our goal is to be much more than just affordable caterers. We are a Kansas City caterer who is dedicated to delivering you an outstanding catering experience. We have a combined experience of over 40 years in the food service and catering industry. We are people of integrity who are blessed with an outstanding team of people who are equally committed to being your Kansas City caterer.