Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City

Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

We make wedding dreams come true!

You've planned this day since you were a little girl. From casual hors d'oeuvre buffets to formal plated dinners, we offer high quality food, outstanding presentation, excellent service -- all at an affordable price. With Affordable Elegance, you can rest assured that your reception will be your dre

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

407 W Pine Street, Raymore, MO
Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Amy W

Don’t be fooled by their unassuming manner and restaurant, Affordable Elegance has truly awesome food! Perhaps because they have “affordable” in their name, you might get the impression that they are a “make-do” option, but that would be a mistake! We went to all the fancy... Read More tasting rooms of many of their competitors in the area – and we unanimously agreed – Affordable Elegance’s food was the best! Great food doesn’t need fancy surroundings and eager salespersons – it speaks for itself. Just because you might pay more doesn’t mean you will get better food or service. Dee-Dee and Greg own their business & they are intimately involved in it. Their somewhat modest business location means they avoid a lot of unnecessary overhead – so the money you pay translates directly into good food and service! At our recent wedding for about 200, every guest raved about the food & we heard not one single complaint. When we started this, we didn’t realize how important good service would be. Dee-Dee and Camie showed us by example what a difference it makes. They responded to our every question quickly & kindly - & I asked a lot of questions! They have 30 plus years of experience & their answers reflected that. They gave us good common sense advice & helped us avoid expensive mistakes. They were the rock we could always count on. Each time we talked with them, we came away calm & confident that everything was under control and our choices were good ones. It was like having a best friend or favorite aunt looking out for you to make sure your day would turn out perfect (& that you would still have some money left over to spend on a fabulous honeymoon)! How nice that – on our day which was all about celebrating love with friends & family – we had people from Affordable Elegance working with us who felt like friends and family. In turn, they looked out for us like we were their own friends and family. My advice: if they have your date free - don't wait too long - book them!

2016-06-28T13:27:53 Response from the vendor

WOW! I am so proud of this review. You and your family were a joy to work with and I couldn't be happier that you were so well-pleased. Best wishes to you and your family, and I hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Anna R

Affordable Elegance came to me as a word of mouth recommendation from a co-worker. I was having a really difficult time finding a caterer who would do a brunch reception with the kinds of items we wanted for our price point. Affordable Elegance exceeded all our expectations! The... Read More food was delicious, and all our guests raved about how great it was. Some of them went back for 2nds and 3rds! They also were able to work with us to get special linens that they themselves didn't offer, and we got them at a reasonable price without having to engage another vendor. They were patient with all of our questions and put our minds at ease about concerns we had that we might not have enough food. Would absolutely use them again! They also gave us a sweet note to wish us well and thank us for the business! Personal touches make all the difference!

2016-06-28T13:29:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed serving you and so appreciate your kindness. Best wishes!

Excellent Service from Affordable Elegance Catering

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

We were totally pleased with the service from Affordable Elegance Catering and they exceeded our expectations! This company stood out from all of the other caterers that we had explored. They had very strong customer service skills, were detail oriented, and their food and... Read More services were excellent! They took time to customize the menu and personalize our wishes down to the napkin design that my daughter wanted. The reception was outstanding and the food excellent! They responded to all of my requests down to my daughters's choice of icecream brand! My guests commented on how good the staff was to work with and how nice everyone was. The night of the reception, two of them rapidly helped me get the glow sticks ready for my daughter and her husband's send off. The staff was a pleasure to work with from planning with Deedee and Cami to the actual event. If I have another need for a caterer, I will always call Affordable Elegance!

2015-06-12T14:56:16 Response from the vendor

Carmen ~ Thank you so much for your raving review and for choosing us to share this very special day with all of you. It was our pleasure to help Jasmine to create the Wedding day she had always dreamed of. The pictures from the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Maddie S

Camie and her team were wonderful! The food is amazing- we got so many compliments from our guests about the food. The baked beans are to die for! It was so easy and wonderful working with the team- they went above and beyond to make sure our reception was perfect. They are also... Read More very affordable with a good quality of food and service! Would definitely pick them again!

2016-06-29T08:13:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, We enjoyed working with you and your mom, Diana, you all were such a pleasure to work with. We pray many blessings on your new life and marriage. Don't forget to come by for brunch sometime soon!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Kathryn

The service, display, and promptness was fabulous. A little disappointed with the taste of a few of the appetizers and seemed a little pricey for what we requested. Otherwise, they were very dependable and professional staff!

2016-05-10T15:25:08 Response from the vendor

We take great pride in high quality food and service at an affordable price. Most of our reviews show that our customers are very well satisfied with our food and service. I would like to be able to discuss your event but since there is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/31/2016

We used Affordable Elegance Catering for my son's wedding. Everything was perfect. The food was service was amazing. Thank you Aubrey for doing an outstanding job. We were able to enjoy our company and not worry about a thing because Aubrey and her crew took care of every... Read More little detail. I highly recommend Affordable Elegance Catering and will be using them for an future events.

2016-03-31T13:06:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Krista. It was a pleaure working with you to help plan David & Julia's reception. Don't forget to stop by Gregory's for Sunday Brunch; Aubrey will be working the next two Sunday's. Kindest regards, Camie

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Micaela F

Affordable Elegance was a preferred caterer choice at our venue. We went to a tasting and were blown away by how delicious the food was! The Apple Jack Pork Loin and Chicken Cordon Bleu were so delicious! We also opted for the Italian Green Beans and the Twice Baked Potato. Our... Read More guests complimented our buffet all night! They were such a great help in setting up for our reception, and the staff was so friendly at our reception too!

2016-02-24T15:40:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your words of kindness. It was a pleasure to share your day with you, Cole and both of your families. We look forward to having you visit us for burnch sometime. Kindest regards, Camie

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Danna

Affordable Elegance provided catering and bar services for our wedding reception on 11/14/15. They were outstanding to work with and graciously responsive to all our needs. The food was delicious and the presentation lovely. Our guests commented how great the food was!! We... Read More certainly would use their services again!

2015-11-19T08:24:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a complete pleassure to work with you and Danna to make thi s day everything you ever imagined it would be. Don't forget to come by and see us at Gregory's Sunday Brunch sometime soon!... Read Less Read More

Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Kristin K

Affordable Elegance catered my husband and I's wedding in October 2015. I have only wonderful things to say about this company. They worked with us to find a menu and price that worked with our budget. They followed up promptly when we were shopping for a caterer and after we'd... Read More booked them up until the actual wedding. The staff that worked the wedding was friendly, professional, and accommodating to the bridal party, family, and friends. My mother raved and raved about how great the entire staff was. Oh yeah. The food is good too! Would highly recommend this caterer. You will not be disappointed.

2015-11-16T08:36:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kristin, for giving us the opportunity to share such an amazing day with you, Ryan and both of your families. Don't forget to come by and see us at Gregory's Sunday Brunch sometime soon! Camie

Wedding catering

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

Affordable Elegance is a great choice. They catered my daughter and son-in-law's wedding on 11/7/15. Menu consisted of salad, rolls, chicken cordon bleu, carved top sirloin, garlic mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots. Everything was good, but the carved beef and carrots were... Read More better than good - they were deliciously awesome!! We received a lot of compliments! The service was professional, and the meat carver was super friendly and accommodating! They did a great job, didn't charge extra for the carver, and even gave the newlyweds a nice bottle of wine! They are an approved caterer thru the venue we used, and the price of the meal was included in the venue cost, (280 people) Overall, we are very happy!

2015-11-11T08:01:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much. What an awesome review! Your family chose a great menu and we are so pleased that everyone enjoyed it. I'm also always glad to hear great reviews of our staff. I'll pass your kind comments along. Best wishes, and we hope... Read Less Read More

Wedding Catering

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alisha K

We used Affordable Elegance Catering for our 10/10/15 wedding and it was such a wonderful and stress-free experience! From beginning to end, Dee Dee, Camie and staff at AE provided amazing service. AE catered our wedding reception meal as well as provided desserts and everything... Read More was absolutely delicious - we got so many compliments from our wedding guests. The staff is professional, prompt and a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough wonderful things about Affordable Elegance Catering!!

2015-10-16T12:52:03 Response from the vendor

And we can't say enough wonderful things about you. It was our privilege and pleasure to work with you and Jordan. Thank you so much for your kind words and for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We loved seeing your... Read Less Read More

Amazing Value

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Christina A

Their name really says it all! Working with Dee Dee and her husband was smooth sailing. Everything was absolutely delicious, the portions were generous, and we got an amazing bang for our buck. Our wedding coordinator even said "They made the best wedding cake I've ever... Read More had". Highly recommended!

2015-10-06T15:32:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much - what an awesome review. It was our pleasure to work with you. We certainly appreciate your kind words of support and referrals. Best wishes! We hope to see you again sometime - don't forget to call us for your free... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Rebecca B

I was just married on 09/19/2015 and Affordable Elegance made our reception so wonderful! The company not only provides delicious food but exceptional service!!! From our first tasting until my wedding, I never once was concerned, worried or frustrated. You can definitely trust... Read More Dee-Dee and her team for all of your catering needs and they even offer suggestions for decor and logistics too! Affordable Elegance takes pride in what they do and genuinely care about each one of their clients which is evident in how they run thier business! I will tell everyone I know about how AWESOME you are and hope to be able to use you again some day! Thanks for all you did the past year to make our wedding day so special! You were a pleasure to work with. Love, Rebecca and Christopher!

2015-10-06T15:26:13 Response from the vendor

Becca, Thank you so very much. You and your family were a pleasure to work with. Everything in your review is exactly what we strive for. We don't only say, "We Make Wedding Dreams Come True", we actually do it. Best wishes to you and... Read Less Read More

AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

My parents used Affordable Elegance Catering for their 50th wedding anniversary several years ago. So for my wedding this year in August, Affordable Elegance Catering was it. Again, they did an outstanding job with everything! The service and food was amazing! I highly... Read More recommend them. We used their china and had the silverware wrapped in the napkin. Makes a big difference. They are wonderful people and easy to work with! Affordable Elegance Catering, you are AWESOME!!-SS

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

My daughter was married 9/19/15 and Dee Dee Brenda and staff we fabulous from the beginning of the process to the day of the event. What a beautiful day. They are professional and personable. They paid attention to details and the service was excellent the day of the event.... Read More They served the parents was an extra surprise as we did not discus this and assumed we would go tithe buffet as our guests. Thank you for making the day beautiful and taking care of everything so we could sit back and enjoy the event. We will recommend you to everyone we know. Many of our guests came up to us and complimented on how tender and delicious the food was and that is what we wanted to hear. Thank you:

2015-09-22T07:33:36 Response from the vendor

Nancy, Thank you so much for the awesome review. It was truly our pleasure. Your family was wonderful to work with. Best wishes to all of you - hope to see you again! Dee-Dee

Wonderful Rehearsal Dinner!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Affordable Elegance Catering did a fantastic job grilling steaks and catering all of the side items for our 80-person rehearsal dinner. They helped us plan a memorable dinner and were on time for prep; flexible when I had a few changes the week of the dinner; brought lovely... Read More decorations for the buffet table; and were extremely professional. They even created a gorgeous groom's cake that everyone ate -- to the last crumb! I highly recommend their services.

2015-09-21T11:29:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tracey for you kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Megan R

We were married in July and we couldn't have been happier with Affordable Elegance. The food was great and we got multiple compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed it. We were also very happy with the service provided leading up to and on the day of the wedding.... Read More They were always very responsive and helpful when planning the menu. We would recommend Affordable Elegance to anyone we know having a wedding.

2015-09-01T08:31:11 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and Paul. Thank you for allowing us to share this wonderful day with the two of you; and your families. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon at Gregory's Sunday Brunch! Camie

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Ashley M

My husband and I are so glad we chose Affordable Elegance as our caterer for our wedding day! They were so kind and helpful through out the entire planning process and they do so much more than just provide food for guests. The girls in the office took time to understand my... Read More vision and ensured every last detail was perfect. Affordable Elegance also did my wedding cake and it was one of the most BEAUTIFUL cakes I have ever seen. We can not thank them enough for everything they did to ensure our day was smooth and stress free!

2015-08-17T08:11:56 Response from the vendor

Ashley, It was truly a pleasure to serve you! Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your kind words. We were delighted to help in making your reception a beautiful day to remember. Blessings on you both and your marriage. Brenda

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Erica B

AE catered my wedding reception which took place on July 18, 2015. I can't say enough about how helpful they were in the planning process. I was so worried about making sure I had enough food. They provided not only great professional advice, but they even helped with... Read More alternatives so that I would feel comfortable in my decision, but also meet my concern. Dee Dee, Camie and Brenda were great. The menu tasting was well put together and very professional. We were sold on just how friendly they were, not to mention the good food. Wedding planning is stressful and when you have vendors who love what they do and are genuinely there to help, it makes a huge difference. Thank you all for providing such great service and food. My guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how there was plenty! You guys were such an intricate part in the success of my wedding reception. Thank you so much!

2015-08-07T14:28:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were delighted to serve you and to help make your reception a memorable experience. Blessings on your marriage!

Perfect

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Becky B

From start to finish, everything was amazing. We worked mainly with Dee Dee the entire time and she was always professional and genuine. I loved working with her every step of the way. Anything we would miss or forget about she would always have suggestions and recommendations.... Read More I definitely recommend them!

2015-06-16T14:21:08 Response from the vendor

What an awesome review! We absolutely loved working with you. Your family was already special to us - and even more now!! Best wishes!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Cayleigh G

Affordable Elegance made my wedding so easy! Anything that I need they were right there ready to do it. The food was amazing I am still getting compliments from guests. A big thing to me was communication I work all day and only really have access to e-mail and they were so... Read More responsive to all of my contact! The only negative thing I would have to say is that a lot of my guests did not get any cake because when they took it back to cut they never brought it back in the reception room they just left it in the entry. Other then that minor detail everyone of their staff is professional, food is great, and they are great to work with! I highly recommend them!!

2015-06-16T14:18:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words & recommendation. We enjoyed working with you. Best wishes!

Affordable Awesomeness

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Don't even know where to begin other than to say everything was absolutely perfect. We used Affordable Elegance for our outdoor/tent wedding reception for 80 people, which can be a daunting task for most caterers. Dee-Dee, Greg, and the entire staff created a beautiful space... Read More that blended seamlessly with the natural outdoors. We had special requests (coconut shrimp) and wanted the sauce on the pasta dish tweaked just so...and each request was met with ease. Many guests commented on how good the food was, particularly the carved sirloin of beef and the chicken spiedini. We also wanted one of our wedding cakes to be a very specific flavor (chocolate mocha) and it was unbelievably delicious. Their 'basic' white on white wedding cake is also rich, moist, and to die for. The AE team was very attentive to us throughout the evening, keeping us hydrated and making sure we had plates of all the foods we had selected for the dinner. One of the things we chose to do for our reception was a candy buffet. Even though this was not part of our catering contract, Dee-Dee was so helpful in bringing glass blocks/risers as well as matching linens for us to use on the buffet. We could not have asked for a better caterer and would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks again to everyone at Affordable Elegance for making our wedding day exactly what we had envisioned!

2015-06-16T14:17:08 Response from the vendor

While I always say it is "our pleasure" - this one couldn't be any more true. This was such a delightful experience - and my delight, is only magnified by your kind comments. Thank you so very much! We'll look forward to seeing you again.

May 30th Bride

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Whitney B

Affordable Elegance Catering was excellent! Professional and timely! They were also right within our budget!!! Our guests enjoyed every bit of the meal!! Thanks so much!!!!

2015-06-03T09:05:38 Response from the vendor

Whitney, Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to learn that we have met our brides expectations. Camie

Stress Free Reception

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

They were very friendly we were allowed to go in to the event center that they owned where we had the reception two days before the wedding. There staff checked on us all through out the night making sure we didn't have any problems or questions about anything. I really enjoyed... Read More the food so did all of our guests. We also loved the fact when the reception was over they had a lot of people to help break down the centerpieces and all the things that we had brought in. It was a stress free night and it went very smoothly.

2014-11-12T14:55:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We enjoyed working with you, Courtney. Blessings on your marriage!

Overall great, but lacking attention to details

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tessa

Affordable Elegance helped us with not only our food, but also our other needs such as tent, tables and chairs, etc. They were easy to work with and got back to me quickly every time I had a question. Food quality was great; service of setting up the tent, lights, and catering... Read More was great. On the day of the wedding, things looked great but I just noticed a few details were not as planned. Nothing to make me mad, but I just noticed that some of the things we had discussed were not done the way we planned. For instance, I had green and pink napkins and was told not to place them at every other table setting as it could look circus-y; rather, do an entire table of green and an entire table of pink. A great piece of advice that I agreed with! But they placed them that way anyway. Also I was advised that the cupcake frostings should all be white so that the décor on top matched. Another great idea, as previously I wanted some to be chocolate icing! I agreed with this but then half were chocolate icing anyway. Also I wanted the linen table cloths to go to the floor/ground, and they didn't, that could have been my fault for not knowing what measurements I had agreed to -- all I knew was that I wanted floor length and since I said that, I thought it would happen. The day of the wedding they told me that they don't like to do floor length because it gets dirty in the grass. Good to know. We would have still liked to change to a longer linen but apparently the linen company they use is closed on Saturdays (???) so there was no chance to get longer ones. As you can see none of these things were deal breakers (to me) but just caused me a bit of irritation. There were a few other things like this. Also as you can see none of these things had to do with the food quality, which was great! The staff that served the meal was very professional and excellent. Also my father in law needed a heart healthy plate and they accommodated him, which I thought was very nice. I would recommend them but perhaps try to stay in contact with one person, maybe part of the problem was that I spoke with three or four people so maybe some of my comments were lost in the passing of notes.