Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City

Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

We make wedding dreams come true!

You've planned this day since you were a little girl. From casual hors d'oeuvre buffets to formal plated dinners, we offer high quality food, outstanding presentation, excellent service -- all at an affordable price. With Affordable Elegance, you can rest assured that your reception will be your dre

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

407 W Pine Street, Raymore, MO
Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

My favorite vendor!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Justina J

When I was planning for a KC wedding from Michigan, I didn't think twice about choosing Affordable Elegance to be our caterer! I grew up in the Raymore area and was not only excited about supporting the local business, but had always heard such rave reviews over the years! I was... Read More able to coordinate multiple tasting with a couple different of my family members and we went with a BBQ-themed buffet menu. Through a few emails and phone calls, everything was set-up and my expectations were exceeded when it came to the comprehensiveness of their service (e.g. tracking down the exact chair cover sash color in champagne I wanted), their value, and their ease of working with. They also had extensive experience dealing with my venue and when a few miscommunications arose in coordinating the set-up and arrangement for the reception, they told me they would make it work and not to worry about anything. Dee-Dee, Camie, Brenda, and the head caterer Jeff were wonderful to work with and with all of the stress the comes with planning, I always looked forward to communicating with them. They were very flexible in terms integrating some of my own personal pieces and touches in with their set-up and design, all I had to do was drop off some of my items I wanted for the center pieces in advance. We went non-traditional and had pie instead of cake and the pies were delicious and a fun twist, again they were very happy to work with my ideas! I heard nothing but rave reviews about the food, all of the out-of-town guests just loved the BBQ, and the locals confirmed that it was indeed delicious. If you are looking for a caterer with years of experience, that is high quality, the best value you will find, and that will actually make your planning less-stressful and enjoyable, I highly recommend AE.

Excellent Service from Affordable Elegance Catering

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

We were totally pleased with the service from Affordable Elegance Catering and they exceeded our expectations! This company stood out from all of the other caterers that we had explored. They had very strong customer service skills, were detail oriented, and their food and... Read More services were excellent! They took time to customize the menu and personalize our wishes down to the napkin design that my daughter wanted. The reception was outstanding and the food excellent! They responded to all of my requests down to my daughters's choice of icecream brand! My guests commented on how good the staff was to work with and how nice everyone was. The night of the reception, two of them rapidly helped me get the glow sticks ready for my daughter and her husband's send off. The staff was a pleasure to work with from planning with Deedee and Cami to the actual event. If I have another need for a caterer, I will always call Affordable Elegance!

2015-06-12T14:56:16 Response from the vendor

Carmen ~ Thank you so much for your raving review and for choosing us to share this very special day with all of you. It was our pleasure to help Jasmine to create the Wedding day she had always dreamed of. The pictures from the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Rebecca B

I was just married on 09/19/2015 and Affordable Elegance made our reception so wonderful! The company not only provides delicious food but exceptional service!!! From our first tasting until my wedding, I never once was concerned, worried or frustrated. You can definitely trust... Read More Dee-Dee and her team for all of your catering needs and they even offer suggestions for decor and logistics too! Affordable Elegance takes pride in what they do and genuinely care about each one of their clients which is evident in how they run thier business! I will tell everyone I know about how AWESOME you are and hope to be able to use you again some day! Thanks for all you did the past year to make our wedding day so special! You were a pleasure to work with. Love, Rebecca and Christopher!

2015-10-06T15:26:13 Response from the vendor

Becca, Thank you so very much. You and your family were a pleasure to work with. Everything in your review is exactly what we strive for. We don't only say, "We Make Wedding Dreams Come True", we actually do it. Best wishes to you and... Read Less Read More

Amazing Value

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Christina A

Their name really says it all! Working with Dee Dee and her husband was smooth sailing. Everything was absolutely delicious, the portions were generous, and we got an amazing bang for our buck. Our wedding coordinator even said "They made the best wedding cake I've ever... Read More had". Highly recommended!

2015-10-06T15:32:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much - what an awesome review. It was our pleasure to work with you. We certainly appreciate your kind words of support and referrals. Best wishes! We hope to see you again sometime - don't forget to call us for your free... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

My parents used Affordable Elegance Catering for their 50th wedding anniversary several years ago. So for my wedding this year in August, Affordable Elegance Catering was it. Again, they did an outstanding job with everything! The service and food was amazing! I highly... Read More recommend them. We used their china and had the silverware wrapped in the napkin. Makes a big difference. They are wonderful people and easy to work with! Affordable Elegance Catering, you are AWESOME!!-SS

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

My daughter was married 9/19/15 and Dee Dee Brenda and staff we fabulous from the beginning of the process to the day of the event. What a beautiful day. They are professional and personable. They paid attention to details and the service was excellent the day of the event.... Read More They served the parents was an extra surprise as we did not discus this and assumed we would go tithe buffet as our guests. Thank you for making the day beautiful and taking care of everything so we could sit back and enjoy the event. We will recommend you to everyone we know. Many of our guests came up to us and complimented on how tender and delicious the food was and that is what we wanted to hear. Thank you:

2015-09-22T07:33:36 Response from the vendor

Nancy, Thank you so much for the awesome review. It was truly our pleasure. Your family was wonderful to work with. Best wishes to all of you - hope to see you again! Dee-Dee

Wonderful Rehearsal Dinner!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Affordable Elegance Catering did a fantastic job grilling steaks and catering all of the side items for our 80-person rehearsal dinner. They helped us plan a memorable dinner and were on time for prep; flexible when I had a few changes the week of the dinner; brought lovely... Read More decorations for the buffet table; and were extremely professional. They even created a gorgeous groom's cake that everyone ate -- to the last crumb! I highly recommend their services.

2015-09-21T11:29:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tracey for you kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Megan R

We were married in July and we couldn't have been happier with Affordable Elegance. The food was great and we got multiple compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed it. We were also very happy with the service provided leading up to and on the day of the wedding.... Read More They were always very responsive and helpful when planning the menu. We would recommend Affordable Elegance to anyone we know having a wedding.

2015-09-01T08:31:11 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and Paul. Thank you for allowing us to share this wonderful day with the two of you; and your families. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon at Gregory's Sunday Brunch! Camie

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Ashley M

My husband and I are so glad we chose Affordable Elegance as our caterer for our wedding day! They were so kind and helpful through out the entire planning process and they do so much more than just provide food for guests. The girls in the office took time to understand my... Read More vision and ensured every last detail was perfect. Affordable Elegance also did my wedding cake and it was one of the most BEAUTIFUL cakes I have ever seen. We can not thank them enough for everything they did to ensure our day was smooth and stress free!

2015-08-17T08:11:56 Response from the vendor

Ashley, It was truly a pleasure to serve you! Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your kind words. We were delighted to help in making your reception a beautiful day to remember. Blessings on you both and your marriage. Brenda

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Erica B

AE catered my wedding reception which took place on July 18, 2015. I can't say enough about how helpful they were in the planning process. I was so worried about making sure I had enough food. They provided not only great professional advice, but they even helped with... Read More alternatives so that I would feel comfortable in my decision, but also meet my concern. Dee Dee, Camie and Brenda were great. The menu tasting was well put together and very professional. We were sold on just how friendly they were, not to mention the good food. Wedding planning is stressful and when you have vendors who love what they do and are genuinely there to help, it makes a huge difference. Thank you all for providing such great service and food. My guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how there was plenty! You guys were such an intricate part in the success of my wedding reception. Thank you so much!

2015-08-07T14:28:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were delighted to serve you and to help make your reception a memorable experience. Blessings on your marriage!

Affordable Awesomeness

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Don't even know where to begin other than to say everything was absolutely perfect. We used Affordable Elegance for our outdoor/tent wedding reception for 80 people, which can be a daunting task for most caterers. Dee-Dee, Greg, and the entire staff created a beautiful space... Read More that blended seamlessly with the natural outdoors. We had special requests (coconut shrimp) and wanted the sauce on the pasta dish tweaked just so...and each request was met with ease. Many guests commented on how good the food was, particularly the carved sirloin of beef and the chicken spiedini. We also wanted one of our wedding cakes to be a very specific flavor (chocolate mocha) and it was unbelievably delicious. Their 'basic' white on white wedding cake is also rich, moist, and to die for. The AE team was very attentive to us throughout the evening, keeping us hydrated and making sure we had plates of all the foods we had selected for the dinner. One of the things we chose to do for our reception was a candy buffet. Even though this was not part of our catering contract, Dee-Dee was so helpful in bringing glass blocks/risers as well as matching linens for us to use on the buffet. We could not have asked for a better caterer and would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks again to everyone at Affordable Elegance for making our wedding day exactly what we had envisioned!

2015-06-16T14:17:08 Response from the vendor

While I always say it is "our pleasure" - this one couldn't be any more true. This was such a delightful experience - and my delight, is only magnified by your kind comments. Thank you so very much! We'll look forward to seeing you again.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Cayleigh G

Affordable Elegance made my wedding so easy! Anything that I need they were right there ready to do it. The food was amazing I am still getting compliments from guests. A big thing to me was communication I work all day and only really have access to e-mail and they were so... Read More responsive to all of my contact! The only negative thing I would have to say is that a lot of my guests did not get any cake because when they took it back to cut they never brought it back in the reception room they just left it in the entry. Other then that minor detail everyone of their staff is professional, food is great, and they are great to work with! I highly recommend them!!

2015-06-16T14:18:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words & recommendation. We enjoyed working with you. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Becky B

From start to finish, everything was amazing. We worked mainly with Dee Dee the entire time and she was always professional and genuine. I loved working with her every step of the way. Anything we would miss or forget about she would always have suggestions and recommendations.... Read More I definitely recommend them!

2015-06-16T14:21:08 Response from the vendor

What an awesome review! We absolutely loved working with you. Your family was already special to us - and even more now!! Best wishes!

May 30th Bride

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Whitney B

Affordable Elegance Catering was excellent! Professional and timely! They were also right within our budget!!! Our guests enjoyed every bit of the meal!! Thanks so much!!!!

2015-06-03T09:05:38 Response from the vendor

Whitney, Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to learn that we have met our brides expectations. Camie

Stress Free Reception

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

They were very friendly we were allowed to go in to the event center that they owned where we had the reception two days before the wedding. There staff checked on us all through out the night making sure we didn't have any problems or questions about anything. I really enjoyed... Read More the food so did all of our guests. We also loved the fact when the reception was over they had a lot of people to help break down the centerpieces and all the things that we had brought in. It was a stress free night and it went very smoothly.

2014-11-12T14:55:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We enjoyed working with you, Courtney. Blessings on your marriage!

Overall great, but lacking attention to details

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tessa

Affordable Elegance helped us with not only our food, but also our other needs such as tent, tables and chairs, etc. They were easy to work with and got back to me quickly every time I had a question. Food quality was great; service of setting up the tent, lights, and catering... Read More was great. On the day of the wedding, things looked great but I just noticed a few details were not as planned. Nothing to make me mad, but I just noticed that some of the things we had discussed were not done the way we planned. For instance, I had green and pink napkins and was told not to place them at every other table setting as it could look circus-y; rather, do an entire table of green and an entire table of pink. A great piece of advice that I agreed with! But they placed them that way anyway. Also I was advised that the cupcake frostings should all be white so that the décor on top matched. Another great idea, as previously I wanted some to be chocolate icing! I agreed with this but then half were chocolate icing anyway. Also I wanted the linen table cloths to go to the floor/ground, and they didn't, that could have been my fault for not knowing what measurements I had agreed to -- all I knew was that I wanted floor length and since I said that, I thought it would happen. The day of the wedding they told me that they don't like to do floor length because it gets dirty in the grass. Good to know. We would have still liked to change to a longer linen but apparently the linen company they use is closed on Saturdays (???) so there was no chance to get longer ones. As you can see none of these things were deal breakers (to me) but just caused me a bit of irritation. There were a few other things like this. Also as you can see none of these things had to do with the food quality, which was great! The staff that served the meal was very professional and excellent. Also my father in law needed a heart healthy plate and they accommodated him, which I thought was very nice. I would recommend them but perhaps try to stay in contact with one person, maybe part of the problem was that I spoke with three or four people so maybe some of my comments were lost in the passing of notes.

Great planning & staff, good food

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Whitney G

Planning was so easy and stress free, they were a pleasure to work with, arrived on time and didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day.

2014-10-22T13:53:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! It was our privilege to work with you, Bryce and your families. We pray blessings on your marriage and your futures.

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Courtney A

Affordable Elegance Catering is amazing! Amazing food, amazing service and amazing people! I'm go glad we picked them! Everybody loved the food and raved about it! I will recommend them to everyone! Thank you Greg and Dee Dee!!!

2014-10-23T12:37:48 Response from the vendor

Courtney, It was so great working with you and Patrick. Thank you for choosing us for your special day. It's great when we have "corporate" clients cross over to personal events. Best wishes to you and Patrick - we'll look forward to working with you... Read Less Read More

Great caterer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Alice R

My now husband and I chose AE Catering to do our cocktail hour and dinner for our wedding and couldn't have been happier. They were very helpful the entire planning process and were more than happy to answer all of my questions, and I had a lot. They were always very quick to... Read More respond to emails and let me add special details, like including my favorite bbq sauce, easily. They bartended for us also and made sure the bar area looked great. Of course their food was delicious too so I highly recommend them!

2014-10-23T12:39:58 Response from the vendor

Alice, It was our pleasure to work with you and Vincent. You were so organized and detailed - truly a pleasure! Thank you for your compliments and great review. We'll look forward to your referrals and hope to see you again sometime. Best wishes! Dee-Dee

The Wedding Reception Of Our Dreams

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Jessica M

The minute we met with Affordable Elegance Catering, we knew they had the perfect types of food and pricing for our big day. We first met with the Dee Dee and Jeff seven months before our wedding day. They made the entire process very easy, reviewing with us our different... Read More options and corresponding with us along the way. We changed our minds numerous times and they were so easy to work with. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with. Once our day finally came, they were incredibly organized, very well planned, and everything we wanted. We are still hearing reviews from guests saying how amazing the dinner was. It was a night we will never forget.

2014-10-21T09:57:13 Response from the vendor

It was our privilege and pleasure to work with you and your families. Thank you for choosing us to be part of your special day.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Emily H

We had such a great experience working with Affordable Elegance for our wedding! They provided our buffet dinner, cupcakes, linens, and bartending. Their services really exceeded our expectations - things that we thought would cost extra, such as doing the room flip, were... Read More included! Dee Dee, Camie, and Brenda made sure every detail was in order before our wedding day, and Jeff and his crew made sure everything ran smoothly. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. The food and cupcakes were delicious and the value was excellent. I can't think of even one little complaint about Affordable Elegance - I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or other special event.

2014-10-21T10:01:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review ~ It was a pleasure working with you, Brandon and your families to make your wedding everything you ever dreamed it would be. We pray God's blessing on your marriage and your future.

Delicious & Affordable

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Heather K

We worked with Camie for our wedding. She was great! We chose brisket and parm chicken and everyone loved it and went back for seconds. At our tasting we were sold by the great food, affordable price and genuine friendliness of everyone we met. At our reception the staff was... Read More great. They cut the cake for us even though we went with a different baker. They helped clear the tables, scrape food off the plates at the end of the night and packaged up left overs. I was surprised to find a complimentary bottle of wine in my car at the end of the night with a nice note from the owners. It was a very nice touch that ended the night perfectly.

2014-10-21T10:05:04 Response from the vendor

It was awesome to work with you, Kirk and your families to make you wedding day's dreams come true. Thank you for choosing us to share the day with you. Many blessing to your marriage and your futures.

Perfect addition to our day!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Ryan Z

We recently used Affordable Elegance to cater our wedding. They worked diligently with us to set up the perfect menu and make our day special. The food was delicious and we received several compliments throughout the evening. We also used them to rent linens, tables, chairs,... Read More china, glassware, silverware, etc. We requested little details like having the water goblets filled prior to the guest arriving, the china being placed on the tables rather than the buffet and all those details were met without hesitation. The staff at Affordable Elegance was extremely professional and wonderful to deal with throughout the entire process. I would recommend them over and over.

3 months later and people are STILL talking about the food

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Kelley M

It is so hard to put down all the great things about the poeple at Affordable Elegance. The food was so incredible that people were going up for 2nds and 3rds and everytime we see someone who came to the wedding they bring it up. Not only was the food incredible, they matched... Read More the cake picture I brought them perfectly and it was delicious. The staff is incredible. They helped us along through everything and were so easy to communicate with. The best part is that their food is not outrageously priced. You will not find a better caterer.

2014-09-15T09:01:32 Response from the vendor

This is awesome Kelley! Thank you so much for choosing us to share such a wonderful day with you, Julian, both families and friends. Don't forget to come see us at Gregory's Sunday Brunch if you are out this way. Camie

Amazing Catering and Service

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Megan S

For our daughter's April 2014 wedding, we selected Affordable Elegance Catering in out hometown of Raymore Missouri. We had met DeeDee at a local Bridal Fair. She was very friendly and helpful. She invited us to a tasting during their Sunday brunch. They had prepared our... Read More pre-selected items as well as a few of her suggestions. Delicious! We secured them that day for our catering needs. The planning process was very easy and stress free. We had close to 300 guests for appetizers, open bar and dinner. The presentation was beautiful and well set up in plenty of time. Affordable Elegance also provided the bartenders. Those ladies were awesome! The wedding party and guests were treated like VIP's. Our guests raved about the food and service. They were on top of everything at all times. The cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful. Clean-up was made very simple and the leftovers were packaged up for us. I highly recommend Affordable Elegance for any catering needs. They went above and beyond all expectations.

2014-09-02T10:19:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was our pleasure to work with you and your families. We appreciate you taking the time to post this review, and for your referral. Working with people like you is what makes our job pleasurable. Blessings... Read Less Read More

TO Affordable Elegance Catering in Kansas City