Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

241 Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY (914) 241-3300

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Marcy M

I attended a wedding in NYC and danced to Jay Prince's music... never wanted the night to end. Two months later my daughter got engaged and after right after I confirmed the venue I hired Jay for her wedding. Best decision ever! She was married last May and months later people... Read More are still telling me how awesome the bad was. They also send me pictures from friends and family on the dance floor. I have no doubt that years to come my fam will still be talking about the wedding and band. Kudos to Jay and his band for making my daughters wedding reception one of the best that our guests will ever attend.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jenna M

Jay Prince and his band are PHENOMENAL. First of all, Jay and his team were a complete joy to work with for our wedding last week. Jay is so cool and really offers personal attention. He listened to our wishes, provided ideas when we weren't sure what to do for certain moments... Read More during the wedding, and accommodated a few special requests to personalize the evening. And of course, the dance sets were killer - everyone was up on their feet. They truly hit it out of the park!!! Everyone was raving about the band. We had guests tell us that the band was so good that they were happy to just watch them play - but sure enough everyone was on the dance floor. Jay knows when to play the classics and when to pump up the contemporary music for the younger crowd later in the night. And for a wedding with mixed cultures, he also knew when to explain things like the hora, for example. He was also a great MC, providing announcements for speeches in a subtle, not overdone way. I am so grateful for the band - one of the best decisions we made and would do it all over again a million times over. Just the best. When can I hear the Jay Prince band again?! Someone invite me to your wedding stat!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lori P

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! – all words to describe the incredible band Nightsong from Hal Prince Music and Entertainment. We felt we struck gold when the band started playing and we saw so many people getting up to dance. We had a pretty eclectic group of people... Read More that ranged in ages from 2 to 92 and from different parts of the country and the world. The band appealed to everyone so much so that there was no coaxing anyone to get up to dance. When we met Jill from Hal Prince we told her what type of music we like and some of which we didn’t. We gave her some songs we definitely wanted played. We didn’t make a lengthy list because Jill suggested to us that we leave it up to the band. She said they would know how to read the crowd. They really did read the crowd well. As our guests were leaving many said they enjoyed the band so much that they didn’t want the evening to end. It’s almost three weeks since the wedding and we still get messages from friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the band. I thank Jill, the band and all of Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for making our wedding an absolute success.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Liz S

Had a fantastic night with Steve, our dj, at our wedding. He was great to work with, read the crowd well and played the music that kept us all on the dance floor! Amazing-I highly recommend him and the company!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Leah B

I can honestly say that the Jay Prince Band made our wedding! They were absolutely amazing, kept the guests (and my husband and I) dancing all night long. From the beginning stages of planning through the event Jay and Pat were responsive, helpful, flexible, and made all the... Read More right suggestions to make our wedding the best. THANK YOU!!!!! And to the reader, book them now, it will be the best and easiest decision of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsey A

Jay and his band are absolutely amazing! The planning process with Jay was very streamline and made me feel comfortable handing over the details for him to handle. We used some "interesting" songs during our ceremony and cake cutting and they nailed it! All of the vocalists... Read More are outstanding and the musicians amazed us and all of our guests. The dance floor was full all night! We were thrilled with Hal Prince Music and Entertainment! I can't even count the amount of compliments and positive feedback we received from our guests! Do yourself a favor and use Hal Prince for your wedding; you won't be disappointed! Thank you Jay and Band for everything! -Lindsey and Carl-

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alison F

Hal Prince is truly the best of the best. They are the ultimate wedding band! We had a wonderful experience working with Jay. We initially met him at his office in the city to discuss our vision for the music, as well as which performers and instruments we'd like included in our... Read More band. Hal Prince also provided us with ceremony musicians. Via email, we discussed ceremony songs, receptions songs (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) and then met again to finalize everything. The band truly rocked the house - everyone was dancing! They played a great combination of old songs and new songs. Jay was also a wonderful emcee for our event. If you are looking for the perfect wedding band - look no further than Hal Prince!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Tara V

The Jay Prince Band absolutely rocked our October 8, 2016 wedding! A live band was our nonnegotiable item for our wedding, so we did extensive research on who to select. We went to NYC showcases, met with bands, asked for recommendations, spent hours looking at videos and... Read More reviews online... we didn't make a decision lightly. When meeting with Jill and Jay in their Mt. Kisco office (also have an NYC office), they were extremely personable, professional and truly listened to what we wanted- verses simply trying to 'sell us' on the band. After meeting, we got only excellent recommendations from other couples who had used them, so we booked them! In the lead up to the wedding, Jay and his assistant Pat, answered all emails and questions promptly. My husband and I met with Jay to discuss the tempo we wanted for the night. Jay helped us come up with a good collection of old songs, new songs and traditional songs that would fit the 250 person crowd. We had songs for every generation! No one sat at our wedding, unless it was because their feet hurt from dancing. The highlight of the night was our first dance to the song 'Tennessee Whiskey.' The band learned the song for us and absolutely nailed it! It was even better than the original version! We have received countless compliments on the Jay Prince Band and they absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. If you want people dancing your entire wedding and talking about how much it rocked for years to come, the Jay Prince Band (from Hal Prince Entertainment) is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbi S

Jay and Hal Prince Music and Entertainment are INCREDIBLE!!! The dance floor at our wedding was jam-packed the entire night! The quality of their music is astounding and they play such a wide variety of songs and genres that this band is perfect for any and every occasion. In... Read More addition to being amazingly talented, Jay and his team are professional, organized, and a joy to work with. These guys are just a ton of fun, full of energy, and we could not have asked for a better band for our wedding. I would highly recommend Hal Prince Music and Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Liza I

I just got married and I have to say this was the best wedding I have ever been to. I. Not just saying that because it is my own wedding. This band is unbelievable! It is like being at a concert! They had everyone dancing all night. Best of all they were a pleasure to work with.... Read More I am truly grateful for everything they did for us. My husband and I took dance classes to get our first dance down and they played our song so beautifully. Really made our night unique! Jay! Thank you so much. You rock man! And that Zeppelin during dinner was such a surprise.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Shanna T

When the question came up, band or DJ, it was no doubt in my mind we wanted a band! And no other band came to mind than the famous Nightsong group from Hal Prince Orchestra! The band was AMAZING! Bandleader Mike did the most amazing job or seamless switching between our first... Read More dances, and made sure the party was ROCKING! We have several swing dancers in the mix and they had a blast! Almost everyone was up on the dance floor, and when the sax player is in the middle dancing with yours truly, WHILE still playing is no easy feat. Guests could not stop gushing about the wonderful band! My brother wanted to play a special song for me, and the band had no issue handing over a guitar for him to sing and play such a sweet song. We were singing, laughing and dancing up until the very last minute! The band really, really made the night memorable! It was 10,000% worth hiring a band! I would recommend any of them in a heart beat! Are we sure we cannot give them higher than 5 stars?! These guys and girls were seriously an 11!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Elizabeth N

We used Jay Prince and his band for our wedding at the Stone Mill at the NY Botanical Garden last August. We were so pleased with the service. Not only were the musicians talented but they knew what would make the party fun. Our dance floor was hopping all night, and we loved... Read More that Jay played some acoustic during food courses. In planning for the wedding Jay was pleasant and considered all of our requests while also sharing his own suggestions. We also used a keyboardist for our ceremony which was perfect. I would definitely recommend using this band for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jill F

Jay Prince and his band played at our daughter's wedding This past Saturday . I am still getting calls, texts and emails about how fabulous our party was ! Jay knew from the moment we met how important it was to keep everyone in the dance floor all Night ! My daughter and... Read More her now husband chose an unfamiliar song for their first dance and Jay and the band absolutely nailed it !! It was one of the most special moments of the night ! I cannot say enough about how wonderful The night was ! As everyone says the music is so Important and there was never a doubt in my mind from the moment we booked Jay Prince !

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Stacey K

Jay Prince and his band were fantastic! We just had them at our wedding and were so thrilled. They went above and beyond our expectations and really made our day so special! Thank you so much Jay! - Stacey K

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

They Can Do Anything! Engaging the Hal Prince Orchestra for my daughter’s wedding proved to be a great choice. Not only did we get Jay Prince as our Band Leader but Jill Prince (Jay’s sister) was also part of the package. Jill will be discussed later. As for the Jay and the... Read More Band, our guests are still talking about how fabulous they were. In addition to being up-beat and talented musicians who know and love the music they are playing, the sound quality was simply fantastic. I hate going to weddings, where you can’t hear yourself think. Somehow the Hal Prince Orchestra manages to play the music at sound volumes that clearly inspire the crowd to get up and boogie but not so loud that people cannot converse. Their engineers are that good. Jay and the Band can play anything you could possibly want to hear on your special day their set list is quite extensive. Our directive to Jay was that all the music had to popular and recognizable by our guests of all ages. Every song played had to have been someone’s favorite song. Their covers are simply amazing. We went for the 12 piece band that included several singers and an incredible horn section. I wish I could listen and dance to such a great band every weekend. The music of our wedding ranged from Sinatra, Motown, Swing, to the Hora! Jay is also a great emcee. He is charisma personified. Putting your affair in Jay’s hands is a good idea. He is fun and enthusiastic. That is also important during the planning aspect of your function. The process should be fun and not an ordeal. Jay made it a joyful time for us. Now onto what you would not necessarily expect from a music company. It was my good fortune to hook up with Jill Prince, who really put together the visual embodiment of what we wanted for my daughter’s wedding. She suggested a lighting and décor package that I had not seen before. It drove home the message of summer and happiness that we wanted to convey. She arranged for fabulous furniture rentals, incredible lighting and a monogrammed white dance floor that made the room magical. She is familiar with a wide variety of venues and vendors. She is a pleasure to work with and our wedding would not have been as magnificent as it was without her!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Julia B

Jay Prince and his band were absolutely AMAZING! They were the stars of our wedding, and no one can stop talking about how excellent they were! Jay was a fabulous M.C. and everything ran smoothly! People stayed extra late that night just to keep listening to the band play, and I... Read More have never danced so hard for so long! Thank you all so much!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

Jay Prince and his band are SO fabulous. I can't recommend them highly enough. On our wedding night they kept everyone (even my 84-year-old grandmother) on their feet for hours!!! The band can recreate any song, from the Beatles to Rihanna, and it'll sound like the original... Read More recording. It was a wedding to remember and I know it's because we hired Jay Prince!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

This band brought the wedding reception such joy! With non stop dancing! Providing just the right spirit for our family and friends-- with music choices appealing to 3 generations! Guests raved and wrote us thank you letters saying "Hal Prince - that band is World Class!"

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Janet Y

Easily the best wedding band I have ever heard! We hired the Jay Prince band to play our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and wedding reception and the entire party was blown away. I have been receiving non stop compliments from guests months after the wedding about how the band... Read More was out of this world. We had many musicians as guests at the wedding, who are overly critical of bands (especially wedding bands) and they could not believe the level of musicianship of the Jay Prince Band. They nailed everything from classic rock, funk, jazz, R and B, soul, motown to even reggae and had a blast doing it. In addition, Jay and Jill were great to work with from the beginning. They were accommodating, professional, knowledgeable and patient as we changed some of our songs at the last minute. I could not recommend this band highly enough... They kept the dance floor packed all night long and really made our wedding day everything we had hoped it would be and more. BOOK THIS BAND!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Melissa H

From the moment we walked in the door, I knew this would be the band for us- fun, friendly, and a huge presence of that overall family -business mentality (my parents even had Hal and the original band at their wedding!) Jay was so easy to work with and exceeded all of our... Read More requests and expectations- whether that was changing songs 5 minutes beforehand or letting us karaoke with the band! The music was FANTASTIC -- let's put it this way -- the entire crowd was on the dance floor BEFORE salad....and no one wanted to sit down! We had a blast and I couldn't thank them enough! XO

The Best Wedding Band!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Eileen C

When I hired Hal Prince Music & Entertainment I knew exactly what I was getting...high quality, fun entertainment. I had the good fortune of seeing this band performance at another event (bar mitzvah). Jay Prince worked with me and my husband to go over the specifics, to make... Read More suggestions on timing and music options and to listen to our special wedding musical requests. He is a consummate professional, willing to work with his clients to get them the best options within their budget. This is a full service, family owned and operated entertainment company which offers live bands, DJs and other entertainment options to make your party unique and exciting. My guests raved about the music (young and old) and the dance floor was packed for the entire reception.

Great job!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa M

Jay and his team rocked! They played a great variety of music and kept our wedding guests dancing all night. They did a wonderful job!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Michelle E

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Jay Prince and Hal Prince Entertainment! Jay coordinated all the music for our wedding -- from the ceremony music (we chose strings), to cocktail hour (we had a pianist) to the reception (the Hal Prince band). The music flowed seamlessly... Read More throughout the evening, the musicians were superb and the songs were exactly what we were looking for. Our guests did not want to leave the dance floor! Not only is the Hal Prince Band quite the musical talent but Jay Prince's enthusiasm, patience and professionalism were greatly appreciated by my now husband and I during the very busy days leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day itself. He made the extra effort to make our planning a bit easier (i.e. helping us choose ceremony music) and our day even more meaningful. Even though we only decided on our First Dance song and father-daughter song a few days before the wedding, the Hal Prince band learned the two pieces for us so that they could sing it live, making these dances that much more special to us. Thank you for helping make our wedding day unforgettable!

Best Wedding music ever!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We enjoyed the musical talents of Hal Prince Entertainment this past Saturday night at the wedding of my son Robert and my now daughter in-law Nicole. Classical guitar played during the church ceremony by master guitarist Mark. Celebration continued at a wonderful... Read More reception where DJ Steve carefully selected tunes that our guests dancing the night away. He could really read the audience and see what they enjoyed to dance to. Prior to the wedding day we met with Jill and Jay, owners at Hal Prince. They helped us select the music for the ceremony. We then discussed the dance music that we wanted to hear during the night. We reviewed how we wanted the night to start with entrance songs and special dance songs for bride and groom as well as special dances. All in all it was a wonderful evening and many guests remarked to us that evening and the next day what a terrific time they had "dancing their feet off".

One word... Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan S

Hal Prince Music and Entertainment was absolutely amazing! They catered to all of our music needs and were willing to play whatever we requested! They nailed our wedding song and kept the dance floor full all night! The sax player even played out on the dance floor! Hal Prince... Read More was outstanding and we would recommend him for any occasion. The band showed their true passion for music and performed an awesome show! This group made our wedding night!!