Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

241 Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY (914) 241-3300

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Joy P

If I could give Jay and his gang 30 stars out of 5, I would! Jay and his band played our wedding on May 14th, and from Day One he was incredible to work with! He really understands not only music (him and his team are UNBELIEVABLE musicians!), but he really knows how to tailor a... Read More party to the needs of the clients. He saw that I was a huge R&B and jazz fan, and we had many conversations about my favorite band, the Average White Band. Before our reception I asked Jay if he knew a certain AWB song .. he said he didn't but he learned it, and the band played it just for us!! It was a moment I'll never forget! Every single guest I have spoken to since the wedding has all said the same thing: that the J Prince band was the *best* wedding band they've ever heard, and Jay kept the party going all night! Thank you thank you thank you SO much you guys! I will recommend you to as many people as I can!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Heather R

When I asked around for suggestions on a wedding band, I asked a TON of people. Not because I'm indecisive (actually, that's exactly what it was!) but I'm a receptionist and shmoozing is what I do! One thing was consistent--I only got one band's name. ONE! Hal Prince/Jay Prince... Read More Band. Being of the internet generation, I stalked all social media before I committed my time to a meeting. Yet, my stalking wasn't juicy enough and led me wanting more information since they were so highly recommended, and I set up a meeting in their Kisco office late after work on a weekday (very accommodating). Pat was super responsive via email! Upon meeting Jay we were floored by his energy and passion! He clearly loves music of every kind, loves what he's doing, and knows how to throw a good party. He showed us band videos and took the time to get to know us as a couple, us as music fans, our family's likes, and what WE wanted. He had questionnaires that laid everything out of us, and offered suggestions from a wide array of genres for ceremony music to the cake cutting songs so that the music reflected US and not another copy/paste wedding. He also honored a sentimental request; we had a recording of my husband's late father singing, and he was able to play it during the reception. It was such a beautiful moment, and we were so happy he came up with the idea to fold it in to the night seamlessly. To sum up the evening, everyone young and old tore up the dance floor--and they weren't just dancing to dance, they were LOVING it, and as a couple we couldn't have asked for more than that! We asked for a good blend of top 40 and classics, and we gave him 5 of our favorite artists to guide him toward our taste. He NAILED it! Thank you so much to Jay and the Band, you all made a magical night rock!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Megan D

My husband is an audio engineer and works with a lot of different bands. When it came to our own wedding there was no question we had to have Jay and his fabulous band! Extremely easy to work with, happy to fill our requests (including learning a song in Spanish :-D), and... Read More professional. They definitely made our wedding. People have not stopped talking about how great the band was!!! My uncle even tried to reserve them for his daughters future wedding- she's 11 lol. Do yourself a favor and book with Hal Prince. There are a lot of choices out there but this band is top notch. Real musicians and talent not just a karaoke band. Worth every penny. Skip the favors and the special order linens- this band is what everyone will remember from your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Dana P

Hal Prince was a joy to work with throughout the planning process, from our meeting with Jill Prince to our discussions with Jay Prince leading up to the big day. They were even accommodating when I asked to have one of my bridesmaids accompany the band to sing our first dance... Read More song. After our wedding, we had guests coming up to us saying it was by far the best wedding they've ever been to. And I'm confident a major reason was because of the live band. They brought the energy and our guests were on the dance floor the entire night. Would highly recommend Hal Prince! They are incredible!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Alexis P

Jay and his team really put on a show. They were so fun to work with, so flexible and offered amazing suggestions. Multiple guests came up to me and my husband saying it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time. We could not agree more, we had a blast. We all... Read More know music makes a wedding, look no further than Hal Prince!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Laura S

Amazing! Steve was our MC and did such a wonderful job- he really knows how to read a crowd. Everybody was up, dancing and having a great time. Not one dull moment!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Julie D

In searching for a great and energetic band to play at our August 5 wedding in Westchester County, NY our wedding venue recommended Hal Prince. We are so glad they did! Jill Prince was fabulous and extremely easy to work with. After listening to what we were looking for, she... Read More recommended Night Song as the perfect band for us. Perfect they were in every way possible! Their voices were amazing, they sang everything we asked for and had everyone dancing the entire night. Thank you Jill Prince for making our reception so memorable!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Susan P

This band is incredible. From the second song in, people were coming up to me asking who they were! Jay is not only a talented musician, his band and singers are top notch and have extreme class. We went to the "top" NYC bands, but when we met Jill and Jay we knew we were... Read More dealing with people who really cared and didn't need to "sell" you. They can play anything and know how to read the crowd. BOOK THEM NOW!! - Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Joseph S

Jay Prince & his band played at our wedding in mid-August 2017 and they were incredible. We could not have been happier from the time we selected them to the final note of the last song. They were professional, communicative, and flexible during the planning process. On the... Read More night of our wedding they played with so much enthusiasm and skill. Notably, they nailed our playlist and stuck with the overall style that we requested. We had countless guests comment on how great the band was, both during and after the wedding - and we agree! They were a major highlight and we are so happy that we chose them.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Amanda F

Jay Prince and his band made our wedding!!!! I am still getting compliments on how great the band was. Our guests were on their feet dancing the whole night which is exactly what we wanted. Jay works with you throughout the planning process to understand what type of music you... Read More like best and to find the right balance and set list. Jay is enthusiastic and professional, and such a fun, dynamic guy.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 geoff c

Jay and the band played our May 2017 wedding, and we have been getting rave reviews from all our friends and family ever since! Jay was super accommodating when it came to our song selections, and the band's ability to capture every song was spectacular. Having Jay play for us... Read More truly put our special occasion over the top, and you won't be disappointed! We codlin recommend them high enough!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Marijela P

Thank you Hal Prince and specially DJ Steve for a fantastic night! Working with Hal Prince was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Everything was beyond our expectations!!! Music was fantastic. Special thank you to DJ Steve for creating the playlist that kept everyone... Read More dancing all night long and putting up with our Serbian music requests. Once again thank you Hal Prince for helping us make our dream come true!!! Best, Marijela & Steven

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Marcy M

I attended a wedding in NYC and danced to Jay Prince's music... never wanted the night to end. Two months later my daughter got engaged and after right after I confirmed the venue I hired Jay for her wedding. Best decision ever! She was married last May and months later people... Read More are still telling me how awesome the bad was. They also send me pictures from friends and family on the dance floor. I have no doubt that years to come my fam will still be talking about the wedding and band. Kudos to Jay and his band for making my daughters wedding reception one of the best that our guests will ever attend.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jenna M

Jay Prince and his band are PHENOMENAL. First of all, Jay and his team were a complete joy to work with for our wedding last week. Jay is so cool and really offers personal attention. He listened to our wishes, provided ideas when we weren't sure what to do for certain moments... Read More during the wedding, and accommodated a few special requests to personalize the evening. And of course, the dance sets were killer - everyone was up on their feet. They truly hit it out of the park!!! Everyone was raving about the band. We had guests tell us that the band was so good that they were happy to just watch them play - but sure enough everyone was on the dance floor. Jay knows when to play the classics and when to pump up the contemporary music for the younger crowd later in the night. And for a wedding with mixed cultures, he also knew when to explain things like the hora, for example. He was also a great MC, providing announcements for speeches in a subtle, not overdone way. I am so grateful for the band - one of the best decisions we made and would do it all over again a million times over. Just the best. When can I hear the Jay Prince band again?! Someone invite me to your wedding stat!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lori P

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! – all words to describe the incredible band Nightsong from Hal Prince Music and Entertainment. We felt we struck gold when the band started playing and we saw so many people getting up to dance. We had a pretty eclectic group of people... Read More that ranged in ages from 2 to 92 and from different parts of the country and the world. The band appealed to everyone so much so that there was no coaxing anyone to get up to dance. When we met Jill from Hal Prince we told her what type of music we like and some of which we didn’t. We gave her some songs we definitely wanted played. We didn’t make a lengthy list because Jill suggested to us that we leave it up to the band. She said they would know how to read the crowd. They really did read the crowd well. As our guests were leaving many said they enjoyed the band so much that they didn’t want the evening to end. It’s almost three weeks since the wedding and we still get messages from friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the band. I thank Jill, the band and all of Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for making our wedding an absolute success.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Leah B

I can honestly say that the Jay Prince Band made our wedding! They were absolutely amazing, kept the guests (and my husband and I) dancing all night long. From the beginning stages of planning through the event Jay and Pat were responsive, helpful, flexible, and made all the... Read More right suggestions to make our wedding the best. THANK YOU!!!!! And to the reader, book them now, it will be the best and easiest decision of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsey A

Jay and his band are absolutely amazing! The planning process with Jay was very streamline and made me feel comfortable handing over the details for him to handle. We used some "interesting" songs during our ceremony and cake cutting and they nailed it! All of the vocalists... Read More are outstanding and the musicians amazed us and all of our guests. The dance floor was full all night! We were thrilled with Hal Prince Music and Entertainment! I can't even count the amount of compliments and positive feedback we received from our guests! Do yourself a favor and use Hal Prince for your wedding; you won't be disappointed! Thank you Jay and Band for everything! -Lindsey and Carl-

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alison F

Hal Prince is truly the best of the best. They are the ultimate wedding band! We had a wonderful experience working with Jay. We initially met him at his office in the city to discuss our vision for the music, as well as which performers and instruments we'd like included in our... Read More band. Hal Prince also provided us with ceremony musicians. Via email, we discussed ceremony songs, receptions songs (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) and then met again to finalize everything. The band truly rocked the house - everyone was dancing! They played a great combination of old songs and new songs. Jay was also a wonderful emcee for our event. If you are looking for the perfect wedding band - look no further than Hal Prince!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Tara V

The Jay Prince Band absolutely rocked our October 8, 2016 wedding! A live band was our nonnegotiable item for our wedding, so we did extensive research on who to select. We went to NYC showcases, met with bands, asked for recommendations, spent hours looking at videos and... Read More reviews online... we didn't make a decision lightly. When meeting with Jill and Jay in their Mt. Kisco office (also have an NYC office), they were extremely personable, professional and truly listened to what we wanted- verses simply trying to 'sell us' on the band. After meeting, we got only excellent recommendations from other couples who had used them, so we booked them! In the lead up to the wedding, Jay and his assistant Pat, answered all emails and questions promptly. My husband and I met with Jay to discuss the tempo we wanted for the night. Jay helped us come up with a good collection of old songs, new songs and traditional songs that would fit the 250 person crowd. We had songs for every generation! No one sat at our wedding, unless it was because their feet hurt from dancing. The highlight of the night was our first dance to the song 'Tennessee Whiskey.' The band learned the song for us and absolutely nailed it! It was even better than the original version! We have received countless compliments on the Jay Prince Band and they absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. If you want people dancing your entire wedding and talking about how much it rocked for years to come, the Jay Prince Band (from Hal Prince Entertainment) is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbi S

Jay and Hal Prince Music and Entertainment are INCREDIBLE!!! The dance floor at our wedding was jam-packed the entire night! The quality of their music is astounding and they play such a wide variety of songs and genres that this band is perfect for any and every occasion. In... Read More addition to being amazingly talented, Jay and his team are professional, organized, and a joy to work with. These guys are just a ton of fun, full of energy, and we could not have asked for a better band for our wedding. I would highly recommend Hal Prince Music and Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Liza I

I just got married and I have to say this was the best wedding I have ever been to. I. Not just saying that because it is my own wedding. This band is unbelievable! It is like being at a concert! They had everyone dancing all night. Best of all they were a pleasure to work with.... Read More I am truly grateful for everything they did for us. My husband and I took dance classes to get our first dance down and they played our song so beautifully. Really made our night unique! Jay! Thank you so much. You rock man! And that Zeppelin during dinner was such a surprise.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Shanna T

When the question came up, band or DJ, it was no doubt in my mind we wanted a band! And no other band came to mind than the famous Nightsong group from Hal Prince Orchestra! The band was AMAZING! Bandleader Mike did the most amazing job or seamless switching between our first... Read More dances, and made sure the party was ROCKING! We have several swing dancers in the mix and they had a blast! Almost everyone was up on the dance floor, and when the sax player is in the middle dancing with yours truly, WHILE still playing is no easy feat. Guests could not stop gushing about the wonderful band! My brother wanted to play a special song for me, and the band had no issue handing over a guitar for him to sing and play such a sweet song. We were singing, laughing and dancing up until the very last minute! The band really, really made the night memorable! It was 10,000% worth hiring a band! I would recommend any of them in a heart beat! Are we sure we cannot give them higher than 5 stars?! These guys and girls were seriously an 11!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Elizabeth N

We used Jay Prince and his band for our wedding at the Stone Mill at the NY Botanical Garden last August. We were so pleased with the service. Not only were the musicians talented but they knew what would make the party fun. Our dance floor was hopping all night, and we loved... Read More that Jay played some acoustic during food courses. In planning for the wedding Jay was pleasant and considered all of our requests while also sharing his own suggestions. We also used a keyboardist for our ceremony which was perfect. I would definitely recommend using this band for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jill F

Jay Prince and his band played at our daughter's wedding This past Saturday . I am still getting calls, texts and emails about how fabulous our party was ! Jay knew from the moment we met how important it was to keep everyone in the dance floor all Night ! My daughter and... Read More her now husband chose an unfamiliar song for their first dance and Jay and the band absolutely nailed it !! It was one of the most special moments of the night ! I cannot say enough about how wonderful The night was ! As everyone says the music is so Important and there was never a doubt in my mind from the moment we booked Jay Prince !

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Stacey K

Jay Prince and his band were fantastic! We just had them at our wedding and were so thrilled. They went above and beyond our expectations and really made our day so special! Thank you so much Jay! - Stacey K