For the Wild at Heart & the Daring Dreamers

I am a sun chaser & lover of natural light which is how I capture my dreamy and whimsical style. I live for capturing those raw emotions and candid moments during each and every one of my sessions. Making sure my clients are comfortable enough with me to be playful with each other because that's how natural moments are captured. I want you to look back on your photos and said "that was us in that moment."

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

The greater Los Angeles Area (586) 604-7918
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

Every bride dreams of their wedding day and how perfect it will be. After the day is over all you have to hold on to are memories and pictures! Nicole's work will allow you to relive that moment over and over again. Her passion for what she does shows through her presence... Read More and her work. She knows how to blend in with all of the hustle and bustle of the big day capturing behind the scenes photo ops while also giving direction and ideas for that perfect shot! I know weddings can add up. The dress, venue, food, etc. The one expense I feel is TRULY worth the investment are the photos. You don't have centerpieces, linens or catering to hold onto once the day is over. But my wedding photos are something I will have forever. If there is one part of the wedding I would've even paid more for looking back it would be the amazing photos I have that captured it all! She is professional, personable and reliable. If you are looking for someone who truly loves what she does and is going to go the extra mile on your special day, look no further!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jennifer H

Best photographer EVER! My husband and I had such a great experience with Nicole! We initially contacted her about doing our engagement photos. We wanted to include my husband's son and Nicole was super accommodating doing both engagement and family pictures in one session. We... Read More fell in love with Nicole's photography style and asked her to capture our destination wedding in Jamaica. My husband and I decided to do an intimate, private wedding for just the two of us. Nicole did an amazing job capturing our day so that our families could feel like they were actually there. The pictures turned out amazing! We are so happy with our decision to have Nicole capture our wedding day. We hope to continue to use Nicole for future life events :).

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsey P

I can't say enough about Nicole. Not only is she a wonderful photographer, but she is one of the most passionate individuals I know when it comes to her work. Nicole went out of her way to fly to San Diego and accompany my fiance and I to Disneyland to photograph my fiance's... Read More proposal to me. Nicole was in on the whole surprise the entire time and helped make sure things went perfectly! I can't thank Nicole enough for helping my fiance plan one of the best days of my life and for capturing every moment of it. Not only is Nicole an absolute artist when it comes to her photography but she is also an incredible person and friend and cares about her brides and grooms so much that you can't help but feel like she is a part of your new family.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brittney G

Nicole was a pleasure to work with! We're huge fans of supporting small business owners, and upon first meeting her in February 2015, I knew she was the right photographer for our wedding. She delivered fresh, crisp, yet classic photography. You can't go wrong with Nicole! I was... Read More actually in shock at how many precious memories she was able to capture without my knowledge. I was even more thrilled to see the awesome pics shot by her second photographer of my husband and the groomsmen. Book Nicole, seriously!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle V

Having Nicole with us on our wedding day was absolutely wonderful. She was fun to have, the guests and bridal party enjoyed her presence as did we! She was also well prepared - there was a high chance of rain and she came along with more a few umbrellas for just in case. When... Read More it came time to get our pictures tho, we reached out just a little bit before the deadline on the contract to just get in touch and get an update. She updated us and gave us a certain date. It was great until that date came along and she didn't have our pictures ready. Another 1 or 2 deadlines she gave us herself had passed and we were a couple weeks past our contract deadline before I called her with concerns. She apologized and stated she had been busy but offered to keep us informed as soon as she was able to upload in a few days. Although it really didn't make us happy to get our photos after the date listed in the contract, she truly did update me all day when she uploaded the photos. From the start point, the progress and the completion which was appreciated. When we did get the pictures, all other worries or concerns were washed out. The pictures she captured were absolutely amazing! I would rather get our pictures late, than get them early and be bad. Her expert ability to capture the day and interact with us and the guest all showed thru these photos. There are also so many priceless moments I couldn't believe she had managed to get on camera! There truly are many wedding pictures we have seen through social media of others we know that have gotten married around the same time as us, but their pictures turned out blurry or mis-colored. We are thankful and so happy to have the quality of Nicole's photography skills. For this to be her true 2nd completely booked year as a wedding photographer, I can only imagine her business and skills growing from her! The reason we could not rate her 5 stars, is due to the late photos and missed deadlines with dates she had given us herself. However she is a highly skilled photographer and is a joy to have with on your wedding day. Thank you for being apart of our day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Cara K

Nicole Marie Photography is by far the best around. Personal, elegant, and modern. We are obsessed with our wedding photos! You would be crazy not to use Nicole for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Scott W

Nicole was awesome! I am very happy that my wife found her to be our photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. She had really cool locations picked out for us to take the photos at and was always very nice and professional, plus she made my wife extremely happy with... Read More the outcome of the pictures thank gosh! I loved them as well and we are very glad we picked Nicole to photograph the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kacy B

After working with Nicole for our engagement photos, my husband and I both knew we wouldn't want anyone else to shoot our wedding. She is unbelievably talented in her craft and makes you feel comfortable 100% of the way. Her guidance and fun personality make taking photos a... Read More breeze, even when you have a stubborn husband who doesn't like having his picture taken :) Not only is Nicole great at taking pictures, but she really captured the unique aspects of us as a couple by listening to every single request or idea we wanted to include in our pictures. The photos from both our engagement session and our wedding were more than we ever could have dreamed of. It's safe to say she secured us as clients for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Karol M

Our experience with Nicole was spectacular from the very start! Nicole was very responsive with emails and texts, always there to answer all of our questions. For our engagement pictures, Nicole traveled across the state to take breathtaking, personal pictures of my husband and... Read More I. We immediately knew that Nicole would turn into our friend as well as our photographer. Nicole traveled 4 hours to our wedding destination and helped make our day incredibly memorable. With her photos from our day, we are able to relive every moment. Thank you for making our day so special Nicole.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Nicole P

Nicole is so talented! She has amazing ideas where she puts together beautiful photographs. I am extremely picky about pictures, and Nicole has made me overjoyed at how our photos are turning out. She is extremely professional, sweet, fun and kind and made me feel beautiful on... Read More my wedding day with her enthusiasm about how great our photos were turning out- and she was right, because they are nothing short of amazing. I am so lucky I chose her for my big day and also my engagement photos! I couldn't be happier with the results and she made the whole picture taking process super fun along the way too! She's the best!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Alisha A

Nicole did an amazing job for our, rather big, wedding (475). She was great with taking control and doing whatever it takes to get those perfect snaps! I would highly recommend !

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Bailee B

Nicole did our engagement photos for us and I was absolutely blown away by her professionalism, creative eye and her overall skill of photography perfection. We already had our wedding vendor booked before our engagement photos (due to a short engagement), but we definitely... Read More would have included Nicole in our final decision. The dainty color of her photos and her quick return on getting them to us made the experience amazingly pleasant and I would recommend her to any of my friends or family. Thank you so much Nicole!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Chelsea D

Nicole went above and beyond all my expectations and I could not be happier with our wedding photos! When I first heard of Nicole she was just beginning her career as a photographer and in a short amount of time and a lot of dedication on her part she has sky rocketed to the... Read More top! I can't say enough good things about her. We had our wedding in Frankenmuth, MI and I had ideas of the location I wanted to have our pictures taken, but it was very sunny that day and Nicole took it upon herself to drive around town to find the PERFECT shaded spot AND asked people to move their cars to allow us to get the best shots! Nicole is so talented and is definitely passionate about her career and clients. I would recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Lindsey K

Nicole took our beach engagement photos, and they turned out better than I could have ever imagined!! She was an absolute pleasure to work with during the shoot, she helped with everything from wardrobe suggestions to offering creative ideas for poses and locations. Her use of... Read More natural lighting is INCREDIBLE and the reason I contacted her in the first place.. she definitely came through! Most importantly, my fiancé and I had never been involved in any kind of photo shoot before and Nicole made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. We had such a blast that afternoon, and she truly captured our love and personalities perfectly. We received an edited sneak-peek and our online viewing gallery a few days after the shoot, and edited photos about 4 weeks after that. I would recommend booking early and communicating your timeline, because (not surprisingly) she is gaining a lot of well-deserved attention and is busy, busy! I'm having a hard time choosing just one image for save the dates because there are so many gorgeous photos! Nicole is passionate, incredibly talented, and definitely has what it takes to become the next big thing in the wedding photography industry. We are so glad we had the opportunity to work with her!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Jessica E

The absolute best! So professional and I got the most beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Holly J

Nicole was so great to work with. She had a calm and confident demeanor that just made me feel like she had everything handled. She captured so many special moments between my husband and I in such a beautiful way. She was very creative and thoughtful to us as a couple while... Read More shooting our wedding. I highly recommend her as a photographer.

Perfect Pictures

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Christine

Wedding photos are one of the most important aspects of your wedding. Price was not an issue this is something that I would have splurged on! I wanted to make sure that I had a photographer that captured all the memories. Nicole did just that. She also did my engagement photos... Read More which were amazing. My wedding photos are phenomenal. The emotions shown in all the pictures are amazing. As I was looking at the pictures I felt like I was reliving the day. It was perfect. I got the package with the second photographer which I would highly recommend. While Nichole was with me and my bridesmaids getting ready the second shooter was with the groom and groomsmen getting ready. The second shooter was amazing as well. They captured so many great moments. I would definitely choose Nichole again for my wedding pictures. I will be using her from here on out!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Angelia G

Nicole and her team are just absolutely amazing! She is a pleasure to work with and very accommodating. She made my husband who hates his photo taken, love being in the spotlight. Our photos came our beautiful, both for our engagement session and our wedding. It was so hard to... Read More pick our favorites. Nicole takes the time to get to know he clients and what they like and what they don't like. She truly wants to capture your day exactly how you want it. Her work is impeccable. She is a complete perfectionist which I absolutely adored. Thank you so much for capturing our special day. We are so grateful for the memories and will cherish these photos!!

Excellent Pictures!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Nicole A

Nicole did our engagement and wedding pictures and she did an amazing job of capturing all of the details! She arrived at the venue ready to shoot and did her thing. She brought a few props to our engagement pictures and wedding that we were able to use that made our pictures... Read More much more special! (She even brought a thank you sign that we took a few pictures with for our thank you cards!) Things get chaotic right before the wedding and Nicole was there to help keep me calm and lend a hand if we needed it. I have looked at our pictures 100 times since we got them and am super thrilled with the way they came out! Job well done!!

Thomas Wedding

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Liz M

Amazing Job!! Its overwhelming planning a wedding and remembering every shot that you wanted. I was able to tell what shots I wanted and Nicole was so helpful during the day of to capture everything I wanted. She even remembered some of the props I forgot!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Amanda M

Nicole was amazing (so was her 2nd shooter). Nicole made sure to capture every picture that we requested as well as those special moments! My guests were even raving about her after and telling me that she was like Spider-Man crawling all over during the ceremony, making sure to... Read More get the best shots! Nicole also did our engagement photos and we absolutely loved them. Our big day was so special and we're so thrilled that Nicole was able to capture those unforgetable moments for us to treasure forever!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Keith M

Nicole is truly wonderful!! She was our photographer for my wedding a few weeks back and I can't say enough positive things about the whole experience. From start to finish, Nicole was extremely easy to work with and incredibly professional. She was always quick to answer my... Read More emails and was very patient with all my questions. The day of, she was not only my photographer, but went above and beyond by helping to keep everyone organized, touching up my lipstick, fixing my dress, etc. I was nervous about only having 45 minutes to take pictures in between my ceremony and reception. While she acknowledge that this was less time than typical, she assured me that she would get all the pictures I wanted (including the 20 "must shots" I sent her.) And she sure did deliver!! I received a link to my unedited photo last week and they are all incredible! She has such a talent. I can't even imagine what they are going to look like once she touches them up. I would HIGHLY recommend Nicole to anyone! You will not be disappointed!

Great photos...Happy Bride :)

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kylie S

I had the chance to meet Nicole and see her work when she did my sisters wedding last year. I fell in love with her energy and the way she worked with people. Once I saw the finished photos I was even more impressed! I tried to book her for my wedding but she was already booked... Read More so I chose to use her for my engagement photos. Nicole was easy to schedule with and she listened to what my fiance and I wanted for the photos. She provided us with her creative insight and let us run with our ideas. The day of the photos she arrived on time and ready to work! We took photos outdoors and roamed a local park to get the perfect shots. Nicole was patient and fun! In the end the photos were far more than we expected. We went for a boho- theme shoot and she nailed it! I am bummed we cant use her for our wedding but glad we were able to get the engagement photos with her. I would highly suggest using her for your big day! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Chelsey M

I am trying to find the words to write to say how amazing you are Nicole! From you shooting our engagement pictures almost a year ago, and then having you there for us during the biggest day of our lives! You are an amazing photographer and there are only good things I could... Read More say. You are so great & easy to work with, you also made sure everything was perfect for our wedding pictures! We hardly had a plan and you just went with the flow and took charge! I would HIGHLY recommend you to anyone! I hope in the future we can work together again...ie: family photos! :) Love ya! And again, thank you for everything!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Caitlin M

YES you should absolutely book Nicole to be your wedding photographer. The photos really do speak for themselves, but the entire experience was flawless. Nicole flew across the country for our wedding and we could not have been happier with the ease of coordinating. When... Read More she arrived at both our engagement shoot and wedding she was on time, excited to work with us, and really did put us at ease-- we felt so comfortable shooting with Nicole. Even prior to our wedding and engagement shoot she was really great and was excited to discuss ideas and locations for the engagement shoot. Her photos were creative, fun, and really captured the happiness between my husband and I. Nicole really loves what she does, and that passion is expressed in the quality of her work. She takes the time to get to know you as a couple, and that is reflected in the locations, props, and photography. On our wedding day Nicole worked so hard to make sure that she captured every thoughtful detail of our wedding. From the photos of the flowers, rings, and dresses to the candid photos of our guests-- we could not be happier. There were so many details that I couldn't fully appreciate the day of the wedding, but we are so lucky to have the photos to look back on. The guests loved Nicole as well, I received so many compliments about how friendly, caring, and welcoming she was. The photos of our guests before our wedding are some of our favorites! Even after the wedding she took the time to capture so many amazing photographs of us and our families. Again, the photos were fun, creative, and absolutely perfect. Having a great wedding photographer is so important. We have recommended Nicole to everyone we know, and I highly recommend her to you as well!

Nicole Balsamo

Nicole Balsamo is a lifestyle photographer specializing in Weddings. The moment you meet Nicole, you will immediately be put at ease by her genuine love & passion for photography.