Cuisine

American, Eastern European, Italian, Latin American, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Columbus Metro area (614) 425-4986

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Katie D

This review is long over-due! Sidecar Catering was amazing to work with. Megan was very professional and helpful. Wedding planning can be stressful, and instead they were so helpful in keeping prices down and also had great ideas for the entire evening. My husband and I were... Read More very thankful we chose Sidecar. The tastings made it difficult to plan a menu because everything was delicious! But all worked out because the food is so great. Also our wedding was outside, and everyone was completely blown away how well the food held up and agreed it was delicious.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Sarah

Everything about sidecar was amazing!! We had a hard time finding a caterer who could create a menu that was not just veggies & hummus. Sidecar to the rescue! Our menu was entirely vegan and it was important for my husband and I to have food that our non-vegan guests would love... Read More and we wanted everyone to have a ton of options. Even the pickiest eaters loved the food and people said it was great food, not just great wedding food! Natalie was our wedding coordinator and she made everything run so smoothly! She decorated our venue and added so many little touches that really helped pull things together-we are so grateful for her immense professionalism and attention to detail. Natalie worked so hard at our wedding and we really appreciate her and the sidecar staff for everything they did to make our wedding so special and memorable. I highly recommend Sidecar as your wedding caterer!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Audrey F

We had a perfect experience with Sidecar catering! Megan was extremely helpful and went out her way to accommodate our needs. We had our wedding on private property and wanted to do a unique menu and setup. We were able to work with Megan to make the menu suit our needs.... Read More Megan was very helpful and attentive in going over all the small details. She responded to all inquiries quickly and thoroughly. Her team was extremely professional the day of the wedding. Also, the food was delicious!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Erica S

Worst customer service experience! From the minute I first called, I had terrible service but tried to stay optimistic. When you call to schedule an appointment, you randomly receive one of their team members. I received the Director of Sales, who sounded like she was driving in... Read More a convertible when I was talking to her. I told her about my day and thought it would be best to meet to discuss the details and menu I am interested in. She could not meet with for 2 weeks and was not thrilled that I asked to meet after 5 (since I work a 9-5 like most brides). So the day of our meeting, she calls me 2 hours prior to our appointment and left me a voicemail stating that she called me numerous times in the past 2 weeks and that if I didn't return her call immediately, then she would assume our appointment was cancelled. I was in the middle of a meeting when she had called me and was puzzled when I heard her voicemail since SHE HAD NOT ONCE CALLED ME BEFORE! I returned her call within 45 min from her missed call and she didn't answer. I left her a voicemail letting her know, that I had no prior missed calls from her and I was coming to our 5:15 appointment. So after work, I drove to their office to only find an empty office. I called her again and it rang a couple times before going to voicemail. I left her voicemail letting her know I was standing out front and would be giving her 10 min and then I would assume that she was canceling on me. 10 min go by, and I did not hear from her, I called back. It went straight to voicemail. I thought, well maybe she is calling me, so I waited a couple more minutes, then called her back again. It went again straight to voicemail – SHE TURNED HER PHONE OFF! I left her voicemail letting her know I was going to wait for her any longer and thanks for canceling our appointment. You think the next day I would receive a call for any miscommunication, but I received NOTHING! THANKS SIDECAR FOR THE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WASTING MY TIME!

Owner, Wedding Planner at Devoted to Details

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Jamie R

We referred Sidecar to our client for their wedding and they did an amazing job. Ryan worked her magic to put together the most amazing look for the space, a wonderful fall themed family style menu, and all the rentals needed. The food was some of the best I have tasted at the... Read More many wedding receptions we do. Staff was courteous, friendly and extremely helpful! I would highly recommend Sidecar to any of my clients, they are awesome! Jamie M Rapavy

Thank you Sidecar Global Catering for an incredible afternoon!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Mallory

I would highly recommend Sidecar Global Catering as a wedding vendor! After having quite a few bad experiences with wedding vendor meetings, my feelings about how things would turn out were pretty grim. Thankfully I found the team at Sidecar to be incredibly open to... Read More communication and conscious of my needs. I had the great fortune to work directly with Ryan who went above and beyond what I could have ever asked for. I was one of those brides who didn't really know how to plan a wedding or what I wanted, so for Ryan to be knowledgeable, patient, and understanding, it couldn't have worked out better. I think the most important thing about the whole experience was the precise combination of offering help when needed and letting there be space when decisions were finalized. This allows you to just get things done (and trust that they will be done well) and not continue to worry about them throughout the rest of your planning. I wanted someone who would sort of represent Columbus as a cool, urban city, but also not take itself too seriously since it was late morning on a Sunday. I had a small wedding with about 50 guests at The Kelton House Museum and Garden. Since they had catered this location before, they knew exactly what to do in every situation, from meeting with Kelton House coordinator to discuss table set up, to which person to speak to at the rental vendor. We ended up with finger foods and a mimosa/bloody mary bar. I can't believe what all we got within budget! The guests all mentioned to me, during the reception, how great everything tasted. I even had several friends say how excited they were when they heard who was catering since they have a great reputation in Columbus. All in all, there was nothing bad about this experience and it was one of the better parts of my wedding. My only disappointment was that I didn't eat more during the event!

Friend and Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Dianna K

Six months ago I was asked by my Dear friends to plan their wedding...in six months. I am not a Wedding Planner by day but have done my share of events over many years. To my delight after the Bride and Groom selected the caterer I met with Sidecar and Ryan Walters, my go to and... Read More caterer/organizer extraordinaire! Ryan represented Sidecar like no other. She was approachable, always available and certainly had a sense of urgency when questions and concerns arose. I could not have pulled off the wedding without her. The wedding was an outdoor wedding. Sidecar set up in the hosts garage and worked from there. The staff were dressed professionally, had the most positive friendly attitudes they went above and beyond to make the wedding perfect. The food was amazing. All appetizers/finger foods which were passed, with the exception of a few cold tabled foods. The food presentation matched the wedding, Sidecar was able to use flowers from the wedding to enhance the tables and bars. Did I tell you we pulled off a surprise wedding for 200+ guests that thought they were coming to a pre-wedding celebration! Sidecar kept the secret and even stepped in to help the Grooms sisters navigate the Chupah. the party went over the scheduled time yet without batting an eye the entire staff carried on until the end. It was a very late night and a perfect wedding. I strongly recommend using Sidecar as a caterer for your wedding. I know they will make your day as special as they did my friends.

Excellent food and service

Reviewed on 2/01/2013 Luisa O

My husband and I were recently married in December. We had a small intimate wedding for about 25 people. I would like to note that my husband is a chef and I am a foodie so the food for our wedding was very important. We did not want typical catering food. Furthermore, I am a... Read More vegetarian and wanted a vegetarian menu that all the guests would enjoy. My husband and I had a difficult time finding a caterer until we came across sidecar. Their food is delicious, and since a large amount of their selections are Spanish and Mediterranean inspired, we were able to create a menu for our guests full of delicious vegetarian offerings that satisfied vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. We offered our guests veggie paella, stuffed shells, seasoned roasted potatoes, shaved sauteed brussels sprouts, etc. Most of our guests were not vegetarian, yet everyone raved about the food and left our wedding full and satisfied. Sidecar's staff is excellent. Ryan, who was in charge of my wedding was not only friendly and professional, but she was genuinely excited to help me with my wedding plans, so she made the planning fun. She helped me pick out my table setting and went above and beyond by also recommending an excellent hair and make up salon for me when I mentioned to her that I wasn't sure where to go for wedding hair and make up. I got married in Columbus because it is my hometown, but I no longer live there. Though much of my wedding planning had to take place long distance, Ryan made the process as easy as possible. I highly recommend Sidecar Global Catering. Their food is delicious, and their staff is friendly, helpful and extremely professional.