The Loft on Pine

Long Beach, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Loft on Pine

A BALLROOM IN LONG BEACH, CA

While a beach venue might be attractive to some betrothed Southern California couples, others opt for an urban venue like the Loft on Pine in Long Beach. Built in 1903, this restored Masonic temple offers 10,000 sq. ft. of event space in the heart of downtown spanning four levels. The venue accommodates 250 wedding guests for a ceremony and reception, 325 for a dinner reception only and 450 for a standing cocktail reception only.

The Great Hall. Located on the second floor, the Great Hall makes an ideal space for a city-chic ceremony and reception. Design features include a spectacular barn-style ceiling, polished wood flooring, exposed brick walls, grand columns and attractive drop lighting.

The Gallerie. Situated on the loft's first floor, the Gallerie offers a spacious area for cocktails while the Great Hall makes its transition from ceremonial space to post-nuptials celebration area. A built-in bar, wood flooring, industrial light fixtures and exposed brick, beams and ducting make this room warm and comfortable.

The Bridal Suite. The height of style and elegance, the third-floor Bridal Suite makes an ideal wedding preparation and relaxation space. Ultra-feminine features include an exquisite chandelier, plush floor coverings and vintage gold-trimmed furniture, mirrors and picture frames.

The Groom's Room. The boys thoroughly enjoy lounging in their own basement space complete with a poker table and billiards table. Additional design features include a comfy leather couch and chairs and black and white tile flooring.

To host a wedding at the Loft on Pine, couples must hire a professional wedding coordinator. This person cannot be a wedding guest and must be on-site for day-of management. Event time includes four hours of delivery and setup time prior to the event, 5 1/2 hours of event time and one hour for breakdown. To-be-weds may put the venue on a complimentary hold for up to two weeks but must submit a signed rental agreement and non-refundable deposit of $3500 if another party wants to book their date. The remainder of the rental fee is due 60 days in advance of the scheduled event. A security deposit must be paid 30 days in advance to cover any potential damage.

For catering services, couples must use a vendor from the preferred list offered by The Loft on Pine. Each of the preferred vendors provides customized menus and superior cuisine. Outside caterers are only permitted for special cultural, religious or dietary reasons and use of an outside caterer incurs an additional fee. As part of the rental fee, the site provides tables and 150 chairs. All alcohol must be provided and served by one of the venue's approved bar service vendors. Wedding guests enjoy ample parking in city lots surrounding the site.

Special amenities always make a wedding venue appear more attractive to prospective clients. Extra perks offered by the Loft on Pine include:

• Exclusive use of the venue for complete privacy
  • Use of the loft's vintage furniture for lounging and photo opportunities
  • Availability of all four floors for wedding photos
  • A complimentary ceremony rehearsal
  • Allowance for candles if placed in enclosed holders
  • Availability of the bridal suite for two hours prior to the event
  • One complimentary security guard (for guest lists over 150, couples must hire another)
  • Allowance for a live band and amplified music
  • No required start time or end time as long as rental parties stay within the allotted time limit
  • ADA accessibility

Let us inspire your imagination...

Built in 1903, The Loft on Pine is a chic urban venue in the heart of historic downtown Long Beach. With over 75oo square feet of wood floors, iconic columns, old brick walls, and vaulted "barn-like" ceilings with skylights. The impeccably restored Great Hall boasts hip, unique architecture.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Museum

Food + Catering, Planning

230 Pine Avenue, Long Beach, CA (562) 888-2303
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Natasha G

I cannot agree more with those who have said HOW BAD THE PEOPLE SUCK here are. My brother got married here and my mother and I decor and flowers and Callie (the coordinator at The Loft) was zero help and needs a serious attitude adjustment. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GET... Read More MARRIED HERE. From a person who was in the wedding party AND was a vendor, below are a list of pros and cons. Pros: The space is cool Cons: -Callie is NEVER happy - she is supposed to be convincing people to get ready at the venue and she does not give two shits - The staff (bar tenders) are RUDE - a pregnant friend of mine was getting a drink for her husband and they would not serve her even when she said the drink was for her husband right behind her - Everyone over the age of 40 is carded AND is questioned multiple times on IDs (once bar tender said "there is something not right about this ID" - mind you I am 30 years old and do not need a fake ID - You need insurance for EVERYTHING - including dessert - You cannot get ready at the venue - You cannot bring ANY food or alcohol to the venue and if you so, your security deposit gets taken away - You do not have a lot of time for set up and only an hour for clean up so if you don't have a lot of help you are screwed - You have to bring in EVERYTHING except food - A wedding coordinator is mandatory - THERE IS NO TRASHCAN for clean up - we had to load a truck to put in a dumpster elsewhere - You have to provide the venue with an inventory of every single item you bring in - You pay extra for people to park in the back - There was no last call for drinks After doing flowers for a lot of weddings and being in enough weddings, I am seriously disappointed with this place. It only looks gorgeous because of all of the extra people YOU have to hire because the loft staff is no help at all. If you have any questions about my experience I am happy to talk to you about it.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Michelle G

Had such a great experience working with Calli at The Loft On Pine. From start to finish it was such a fun process planning for our big day. Calli was great about answering all of my questions (I had a lot)! She kept everything orderly and professional, which made us super... Read More confident. They also have great preferred vendors! We got soooo many compliments from our wedding guests about the beautiful venue and our food (we used their preferred vendor George's Greek Cafe). I had married friends tell me they wished they had known about this venue when they got married. I would highly recommend a wedding here. I want to go back to the venue so bad, feel free to invite us if you end up getting married there ;) lol

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 John A

5 Stars all around. Quality of Service.... you literally could not get any higher. Every single staff member from the Owner to the Event Coordinator and all of their referrals are at the peak of the Service industry. Responsiveness.... They answered every phone call and email... Read More day of with a full explanation helping in every way they could. Professionalism.... You will not find a more professional team then this team. Value...... Wow this venue plus all of the amenities are worth 2x or 3x what they are charging. From top to the bottom every aspect of this venue is amazing. Flexibility... They are extremely flexible and will 100% work with you within their guidelines. I ranked this 4.5 because they have their own preferred vendors that they want you to use. We didn't have a problem with it at all because their vendors are amazing. However, if you are looking for somewhere to have your own caterer or BYOB they don't allow that. General notes: Calli was such an amazing event coordinator with the months leading up to the venue. The Owner was there the day of the wedding helping every single second to ensure that it was the perfect day for my wife and I. The Grooms room and The Brides room are extremely unique and create a great vibe day of. The upstairs downstairs venue was amazing so that you can have a reception and ceremony in one place. In conclusion, whenever anyone asks where I was married I tell them "The Loft on Pine" with pride and gladly refer it to everyone whether they ask me or not. -John Allen

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Ashley H

My husband and I fell in love with the Loft on Pine. The venue is gorgeous and has the vintage, urban loft feel we were going for. Our guests absolutely loved the space. We had such a fantastic wedding day, and Calli (with the Loft on Pine) and Meghan (with Green Apple Event Co)... Read More were delightful to work with. Both were very responsive to email and made us feel at ease throughout the process. I only have a few complaints, and they might not even be issues for brides planning on getting married in the cooler months or with larger budgets. First, and most importantly, we picked this venue because we had to have our wedding in July. The summer weather here in Southern California is unpredictable, and we thought that choosing an indoor venue would reduce any weather-related stress. We picked the Loft over another venue because, among other things, they had air conditioning. When we arrived at the venue at 2:30 pm, the air conditioning didn't seem to be on yet, and the space never really cooled down. Second, having to use their preferred vendors for food and alcohol wasn't ideal (most were pretty expensive). However, we were really happy with the caterer that we chose. Despite those issues, I would highly recommend the Loft on Pine!! The pictures are gorgeous, and we had so much fun. The bridal and groom suites were a nice touch, and we really liked that the cocktail hour was on a different level. The Loft is lovely, and Calli the manager is great. I just wish the space would have been a comfortable temperature, so that I could give this venue 5 stars. My advice: Get married at the Loft in February. :)

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Katelynn D

Callie made everything so easy and was so great to work with!!! This venue is beautiful, it gives you that super cool old building look but has everything you need (like AC)! I loved all the photos from our wedding all thanks to The Loft on Pine, it's a stunning backdrop! I... Read More always thought I'd get married outside but eliminating the fears of wind, heat and rain was really worth it, I've heard some horror stories... especially about wind. 10 out of 10!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Kristen K

We are so glad we had our wedding at The Loft on Pine. The venue is gorgeous. We got such great photos. We loved that it is multilevel with different areas for cocktail hour and ceremony/reception. It has great bridal and groom suites. Initially I was worried about decorating... Read More such a big space but it really is so beautiful you don't have to add much. We worked with Calli and she was very helpful. She answered all my many questions and in a timely manner. She was professional and open about the whole process. She helped our day run smoothly. We would definitely recommend the loft on pine to people looking for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Alex A

No offense to normal ballroom weddings but this venue is AMAZING! People are STILL talking about our wedding and how beautiful this place was. It has character, is cozy and if you are looking for a unique place to say "i do," this is the place to be! You barely have to... Read More decorate because it has so much character. It is spacious, air circulation is good (they have AC..yay!) and guests can move around freely and not feel cramped. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they were able to accommodate most of our requests (we had a couple of free-standing installations with our decor). The location is great because it is surrounded by hotels and good places to eat. I highly recommend this place for any couple who is looking to have a unique wedding! The only thing with this place is, that you have to book all vendors--separately (although they do have a preferred vendor list) and is not an all-inclusive/one-stop-shop (which some couples may prefer). If you book this place you will not regret it. It's truly magical!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Katie B

My Husband and I recently got married at The Loft on Pine! Theres no doubt that you take one look at The Loft and it takes your breath away. You can't beat the building if you are looking for an indoor venue, it is absolutely beautiful and unique. But I was nervous about booking... Read More with The Loft due to some of their reviews and I have to say I am so glad I did! From the very beginning, Calli, who works for The Loft, was very good at communicating, professional and committed to our big day. I never felt in the dark about any of the planning process and anytime I had a question, I knew I could ask her and she responded in a timely matter. On the day of our wedding, Calli, was there the whole time, helping our coordinator to make our day perfect! I could tell how hard she was working and was so grateful! Ultimately, our day was perfect and I was so honored to get married there. Overall, I highly recommend The Loft and loved every second of having our wedding there! It will forever hold a special place in my heart!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Alisa C

The Loft on Pine was the only venue we looked at! The space WOWed us from the moment we first walked by and peered into the windows, and the fact that the team was so friendly and kind from our first meeting on only solidified this venue as our only option. Calli was so patient... Read More with my many emails, willing to answer any and all questions that came to mind. I was able to stop by the venue quite a few times and she even measured some of their shelving for me when I didn't have the time to go in. When the big day came, we received several compliments from our guests regarding how beautiful and "perfect" the venue was for my groom & I. Thank you, Loft on Pine team, for helping make this time in our lives so seamless and wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Talia S

I was in love with this place from the minute I saw pictures online. Setting up a meeting with Calli was easy, and I was sold at first step into the space. The great hall is insane; it manages to be beautiful, grand and homey all at once. It was perfect for my aesthetic. The... Read More exposed brick and wood paired with the antique furniture everywhere speaks for itself, which was perfect for me because I'm not too big on florals. They work with several catering companies as they do not have a kitchen on site (I chose Jay's and it was delicious). I didn't seem to have the issues that some others have reported in other reviews. I dealt primarily with Calli, who was awesome. She was prompt with returning emails and very helpful when I had questions. I wasn't rushed out of the space before my time was up like some others on here had mentioned. Overall the night went flawlessly, my guests loved the venue. I wish I could do it over every weekend. In my opinion, the venue was well worth the price and Calli needs a raise ;)

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Erin D

From the second we saw The Loft on Pine in pictures online, we knew that we wanted to get married there. The venue is not only beautiful, but very unique and all of the vintage furniture pieces (armoires, couches, mirrors, hutches) and chandeliers/light fixtures are perfectly... Read More curated - and included in the price of the venue! The bridal suite and the groom's suite are both amazing for pictures and were a big sell for us as well. We also found the staff very accommodating. We lived 2 hours away from the venue and on multiple occasions (for tours and to sign contracts etc.), Mary came in early or after hours to meet with us. The venue itself does not have catering but they do have a preferred list of vendors that you have to choose from with varying price ranges which actually helped simplify that aspect for us. Mary was very transparent with us from the beginning regarding the contract and what we needed so there were never any hidden fees - and she even gave us recommendations for other venues/vendors to check out and shop around before we made our final decision. Our wedding day was everything I could have ever dreamed and more and it all was centered around the perfect venue.

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Anna D

The Loft on Pine was the perfect place to get married. Here are my key reasons and differentiators that ended up making the most impact for us for picking this venue (things for any bride to think about -- I didn't even realize how important they were for us until after the... Read More wedding was over): - We had the entire building/event space to ourselves. We didn't have to share with other parties -- the entire space was only filled with the people we wanted there. This made it feel more intimate and as a bride made me feel special not having to be just another event happening. - We had the option to use all of the existing furniture. I've looked around online before and considered renting wingback chairs and couches, but that adds up really quickly. The Loft allowed us to use all of their existing furniture, and let me tell you, it is antique, ornate, and plain gorgeous. It truly makes the space feel warm, friendly, and unique. - We really had 4 event spaces in 1. All of our photos were taken on different levels of the Loft -- the bridal suite, the main event space, the cocktail hour space downstairs, and the man cave in the basement. We didn't need to make the hotel look great, or worry about where to take photos, because we had endless options throughout the entire building at the Loft. It provided diversity in the photos and allowed everyone to have comfortable spaces and areas to relax without running around to different places. Also, to reiterate -- the bridal suite is GORGEOUS. It is the perfect backdrop for photos and just felt like a really special space. Also, the brick and industrial look was exactly what we were looking for. With the Loft backdrop in my head, it was easy to plan the rest. Those key reasons made me see the huge value and special nature of The Loft on Pine. The space itself is gorgeous, and provides its own decoration alone. This is an investment worth making, and I would recommend it to any bride. Not to mention, the staff is incredibly kind and we loved working with them. Mary and Calli were helpful and quick to answer questions, it's just always nice to work with good people.

Worst Experience for me

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Tony F

This is the first time for me getting married and it is a wonderful feeling to know I get to plan out my wedding. After searching for venues I really set my eye on The Loft on Long Beach. I fell in love with it and before anything I knew this was perfect and fit what I was... Read More looking for... Of course i kept in mind that we still had to get a tour, pricing and availability but being my first time I expected better service than the one I got to experience. I called The Loft on Long Beach and they never answered, instead I had to send them an email to inquire about the venue. Up to that point it was still ok, but they took several days to reply to my first email and after sending me pricing information I really wanted to take a tour. From the time i first emailed until i was able to get them to reply with a set date for the tour almost took 2 weeks. I still didn't mind because i really loved the place (on pictures of course) so I was stilled very excited to take the tour on our first venue. Our appointment was set for 3/19/2015 at 3:00pm, when we arrived the lady I had been emailing (Mary) opened us the door and when my fiance held out his hand to greet her at that moment she said she didn't want to touch us because she was sick (she did not look sick at all). She allowed us into the venue but we didn't get far in, since she then asked when we were looking to book. We told her our date and stopped us there since she said they were already booked all through next year until July. She made us feel very uncomfortable in the way she would stare at us and suggested we try other places similar to that one, then let us out. I am not the type of person to write a review but I did not like the service that was provided to us at all. Like I mentioned before this was our first venue tour and we may know nothing of how it is supposed to be, but I don't think any first bride should feel this type of disappointment when trying to plan the wedding of her dreams. If they were booked until mid next year, I think that should have been something to mention before we did an hour drive and went out of our way to go on the so called tour. Both me and my fiance feel like we had been discriminated in the way she acted from the moment she opened us the door. We already have our second wedding venue appointment and I have to add that when we made the appointment over the phone the first question they asked was for how many and what date, and they let us know they had something available and we will be going next week. Such a difference to the way we were treated at The Loft on Long Beach. I hope my review does not get removed because I just wanted to share with others our terrible first experience.