Carrie Bradshaw started a movement.Updated Feb 10, 2023
You Won't Believe How Much It Costs to Propose at a Major League Baseball Stadium
And the prices at each stadium completely vary.
Not all public proposals are created equally. In fact, according to a recent article by Deadspin, the cost of proposing at Major League Baseball stadiums around the country may surprise you—primarily because of how much the price varies from city to city.
For example, if you or your partner is a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, you're in luck—it'll only set you back about $39 to display your proposal message on the scoreboard. Compare that to what it would cost a Dodgers fan to propose to their partner—a whopping $2,500 (which, mind you, includes add-ons like getting your proposal shown live on the scoreboard) at Dodger Stadium.
Find all of the ballparks and prices below, from least to most expensive.
- Pittsburgh Pirates (PNC Park): $39
- Atlanta Braves (SunTrust Park): $50
- Cincinnati Reds (Great American Ballpark): $50
- Colorado Rockies (Coors Field): $50
- Chicago White Sox (Guaranteed Rate Field): $55
- San Diego Padres (Petco Park): $55
- Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park): $75
- Oakland Athletics (Oakland Alameda Coliseum): $85
- New York Yankees (Yankee Stadium): $100
- Seattle Mariners (Safeco Field): $115
- Chicago Cubs (Wrigley Field): $175
- San Francisco Giants (AT&T Park): $175
- Texas Rangers (Globe Life Park in Arlington): $200
- Minnesota Twins (Target Field): $209
- Arizona Diamondbacks (Chase Field): $250
- Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park): $350
- Cleveland Indians (Progressive Field): $400
- Philadelphia Phillies (Citizens Bank Park): $450
- Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park): $500
- Miami Marlins (Marlins Park): $500
- St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium): $500
- Tampa Bay Rays (Tropicana Field): $500
- Washington Nationals (Nationals Park): $1,500
- Los Angeles Dodgers (Dodger Stadium): $2,500