Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3002 S Frontage Rd W, Vail, CO (815) 670-9585

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Meagan B

Absolutely the most stunning and incredible photos I have ever seen. We met David the day before our wedding this April and it was like we had been friends for years. He even made my guest feel the same! His pictures were out of this world and if I hadn't been there I would have... Read More thought the pictures weren't real. You can't go wrong with David. You will be blown away by his unbelievable talent!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016

I don’t even know where to start, Dave is absolutely perfect. From the moment I saw his website, I knew that he had an eye for great photography. My husband and I do not live in Colorado, so our first communication was via email. We set up a call and Dave is so personable and... Read More easy-going, we knew he would be the best person to capture our special day. Dave was extremely responsive during the entire wedding planning process and made a point of making himself available during the short period of time that we were in Vail in June to meet with vendors. I have heard from many of my friends that they were not happy with their photographers the day of their wedding and felt like certain shots were missed. This is far from the truth with Dave. For being one person and shooting alone, I am in awe looking at the pictures and seeing all of the amazing shots he took. The portraits and family shots were amazing but I have to admit my favorite are the candid’s he took before the ceremony and during the reception. Dave literally was everywhere at once. My husband and I have both said multiple times that he is our best decision we made for being part the wedding, without him our pictures would not have been the same. Dave told a “story” of our wedding day and it is reflected in the portfolio. After the wedding, within a week Dave sent us “highlight” pictures – I figured that he would send me 10-15 pictures but there were so many!! It was so fun to look through them and share them with our families. He finished all 1000+ of our pictures within a month of our wedding, and he even took time off for his own honeymoon. I would not recommend anyone else but Dave to capture your wedding day, he is beyond worth it and it’s his images that you will get to see for the rest of your life.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Virginia S

David exceeded all of our expectations of a wedding photographer! Not only were the photos just absolutely stunning, he was so much fun to work with. We really wanted to our photos to reflect our relationship but how do you even begin to figure out what that means?! David nailed... Read More it - taking us skiing for our engagement photos and finding the most beautiful spots to shoot on our wedding day. We barely even noticed that he was snapping away and have even reflected on how the time when we got to be off taking photos right after the ceremony was really special and memorable. He managed 4 sets of parents/families with family photos, got amazing portraits of the two of us, and all the moments in between. Thank you, David!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer at our wedding. David Gillette is a professional and creative photographer who listens and artistically responds to the emotions of the couple. We were amazed with the way he was able to capture our joy and the true happiness of... Read More our friends and family. After meeting with David to discuss the details of our wedding, he drove over 4 hours to personally inspect the sites for our first look, portrait, ceremony and reception photos...and each location was perfect. A good photographer is one of the best investments you can make in your wedding, and David is an exceptional photographer who will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Amy P

We loved working with David! He was always very quick to respond, easygoing, organized and fun to work with throughout the process. Prior to our wedding day, David visited the site to figure out the best spots for photos. I wanted to take pictures at a few locations and he... Read More scoped everything out to make sure we got the pictures that we wanted. We did not do engagement pictures so we were a little nervous to be in front of the camera at first, but David was great and made us feel very comfortable. He also worked with my MOH to ensure we kept to the timeline and that we were never rushed. Our photos turned out to be AMAZING! I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to work with David and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

David Gillette is a true pro. He helped us through just about all the unknowns for our wedding day and was integral in making the pieces come together. We absolutely love the photographs and the book he made us. His relaxed personality carried over to us leading up to the big... Read More day and during the big day. Maybe what impressed me the most was his ability to find a great photo even when it didn't seem to be there. I guess what I mean is that even if your wedding or photo shoot location doesn't have picturesque scenery he will find the shots and deliver pictures you'll love. He did for us anyway. He also dressed in black for our wedding so half the time I didn't even know he was there. He was like a ninja with a camera. Thanks David!!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

I cannot write better review on David's work than his photos do. What I can evaluate, is David's personality. He is super easy to work with, fast in communication (which went completely smoothly even though it was handled over Atlantic ocean), especially thanks to taking... Read More engagement photos a day before our wedding (on David"s proposal], we felt completely relaxed in his presence during our big day. He helped to tie my tie, he got us a jeep when a storm shut down a gondolla from the Vail mountain where we were having our ceremony. He did not only provide us amazing wedding photos, but also some great memories while being with him. Thank you again Dave.

Vail Photographer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Mary Anne M

We saw a friend's photographs from their wedding then met with David several times to discuss ideas for our wedding - we was a great choice! He knows the Vail valley and when and where to shoot. He spent most of the day shooting the preparation, ceremony, locations (golf course... Read More with views of the Gore Range mountain range), reception and a late night sparkler session that became our favorite - and used it for our Thank You cards.

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Lauren H

When searching for photographers for our wedding, we were immediately blown away by David's photos. We were very excited to use him for our big day and the photos turned out great. We were very comfortable working with him and he was great with our family as well. I felt that... Read More he took extra time to create pictures that really captured our unique venue. Definitely worth the money!