DeClare Cakes

(51)

Charleston, SC

Let us help you create your wedding cake!

Started in 2010 by mother and daughter-in-law duo - Debbie and Alison Reed, DeClare Cakes is a custom cakeshop located on Daniel Island, SC. DeClare Cakes creates wedding cakes, groom’s cakes, party cakes of all types, cupcakes and desserts.

$$

9014 Merchant Street, Charleston, SC

Beautiful cake!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Erin S

We had a white 3-layer cake with sugar flowers all on one side. The flowers were navy in the center and got lighter blue as they reached the petals. DeClare Cakes did an amazing job of giving us the exact cake that we had in mind and it tasted SO good!!

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 3/24/2013 Anna R

Deb is awesome. Most professional vender we used for the wedding by far. We wanted something simple with a fun pop of color in the middle, and had a vanilla cake with white buttercream with a layer of strawberry cake in the middle. I was blown away at how delicious she manages to make plain white cake with vanilla buttercream. It might not look like anything special, but it is DELICIOUS. All our guests kept coming back for more, good thing I got a back up sheet cake! I would recommend delare to anyone. If you think her prices are expensive, think again, it is not much more than a supermarket in the area which does weddings. After being let down by several other bakeries, we knew we were using Declare after the first bite of sample cake! Thank you for the best cake we have ever eaten!

AMAZING Cake!

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Brent P

We used DeClare for our wedding in Charleston on July 3rd, 2011. I am not a big fan of wedding cake in general so I never expected to be really impressed by a cake. The cake that DeClare made for us though was seriously the best cake I have ever tasted. I was blown away. We had strawberry with a lime curd and lemon with cherry puree. It was moist and the taste was amazing. People came up to us and said they never liked lemon cake until they tasted our wedding cake. It really was amazing. The design and appearance of the cake was also exactly what we asked for and exceeded our expectations. We can't thank DeClare enough. I'm already asking my wife if we can order a small cake from DeClare for our 2 month anniversary.

Great Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Kristy T

We ordered around 200 cupcakes, in 3 flavors, from Declare Cakes for our wedding. Both Melanie and Deb were very responsive to my emails. When we first started working with them, they were able to get a tasting box ready for me on the same day I got in touch with them, which was very helpful. The cupcakes for the wedding looked amazing, and our families were raving about how great they were.

Beautiful cakes, and they taste amazing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Amanda K

Working with a Chef Deb was a great experience. We met her for a cake tasting where she opened her arms to my niece and nephew who came with my husband and I. She listened to our visions and suggested ideas, and we came up with a design that my husband loved! Our cake was delivered on time and set up beautifully. On our cake, Chef Deb wrote the 1 Corinthians 13 love verse around the entire three layers of our cake. It was stunning and unique. Her work is precise, clean, and professional. We received tons of compliments on the way our cake looked and even more on how it tasted. We had two tiers of red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream filling and vanilla cake with vanilla bean buttercream filling.... Heavenly. I give chef Deb my highest recommendation.

Delicious & beautiful

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I am not a fan of fondant & was adamant to not have it on my wedding cake. DeClares was able to make a beautiful design on my cake with buttercream icing. The cake was moist & flavorful & a hit with all of my guests. Highly recommend!

wedding cake for 9/13/14 event

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 M H

I asked Chef Deb to create a cake with a sweetgrass basket weave. She and her team did a fabulous job. The cake was beautiful. The flavors of the cake, one layer was chocolate with chocolate mousse and the other was pound cake with lemon curd, were spot on. The guests were asking for second servings. I have recommended DeClare Cakes to 2 brides-to-be.

Ahhhmazing!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Erin J

Chef Deb created the most beautiful and delicious grooms cake for my rehearsal dinner. She took my idea and made it her own and added her own touches to make a perfect cake. My husband loved it and the cake was absolutely delicious. She is amazing and is very responsive to all questions and concerns to make her clients happy!

Great Cake, Even Better Service!

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 brittney k

DeClare Cakes was the best vendor we worked with for our wedding! Service was prompt and professional! Our emails were answered within a few hours of being sent and all of our requests were accommodated. The cake was everything we declicious and dreamed of. They even pre-packaged an "anniversary tier" for us to take home so we didn't have to worry about saving any cake to take home to freeze. I would recommend DeClare Cakes hands-down!

Amazing! Highlight of the Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amy

Ok so let me just say that from the moment i called Declare Cakes it was a great experience! She is so nice and is very attentive to what you want to have as your cake. she is not ever pushy about trying to get you to add things into the budget. She is very low priced compared to many of the other places i called and doesn't nickel and dime you for supports etc... The cake tasted amazing we got a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and we had no leftovers! everyone loved the cake and could not stop going back for more! excellent all around! you will not be sorry if you book with Declares!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Nicole C

I heard about this baker from my Jazzercise instructor, Melanie, who is the customer care manager for DeClare. I set up a tasting and was amazed at the quality of cakes that we tried. The tasting was at the Chef Deb Reed's house and we were able to try so many options. We went with a poundcake that had buttercream frosting and our tiers alternated with lemon and key lime filling. She worked out a beautiful design for us using our wedding colors and theme. We also ordered our rehearsal dinner cake and groom's cake from her as well (chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling and fondant). Everyone loved the cake! I was very pleased with everything about DeClare. I would absolutely use them for any special occasion cakes in the future.

The very BEST wedding cake in town!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Nancy M

Chef Deb created an absolutely fabulous cake for our daughter's May 31 wedding. Not only was it beautiful--it was delicious!! Proof of this is the fact that we ordered enough cake to serve 150 guests.--We ended up with 90 guests and nearly the entire cake was eaten during the reception. Our guests couldn't get enough! She clearly loves what she does, and it shows in her finished creations. She uses quality ingredients and attends to the smallest detail to provide the perfect confection--and at an incredible value. A million thanks to DeClare Cakes for adding a very important touch to our daughter's special day. We will be singing her praises to anyone we know who is looking for the best baker in town!

Mrs. Anne Hallett

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Anne L

DeClare Cakes was the first and only bakery that my husband and I looked at for our wedding. Chef Deb's professionalism and expertise sold us at first bite. We went into our meeting without having discussed any ideas for a cake, and Chef Deb was able to create a beautiful cake design as well as a delicious flavor within minutes. Communication up until the wedding day was prompt and helpful, and everything was done beautifully. The cake itself was the most delicious cake we have ever tasted. Every wedding guest commented on the quality, and many people stated that this was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. My husband and I have decided that no other cake will ever live up to this, and we're so glad that we ordered a larger cake than the number of guests that attended because we were sent home with a huge sheet cake that we are still enjoying. We also had them create a Groom's Cake, and it was impeccable. I sent one picture, and there were no questions. The cake matched the picture perfectly, and of course was also delicious. DeClare Cakes should be your only option for a wedding cake!

Magazine worthy and delicious!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Katrina S

They know a lot about cakes! Our cake was like a piece of art. It looked absolutely stunning and tasted fantastic. We received many compliments on it. Chef Deb was great to work with. She is a true artist as well as an excellent chef. I would highly recommend DeClare Cakes to anyone!

Amazing cakes

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Kelsi W

DeClare was everything I dreamed of from the cake tasting to the the beautiful cake at our reception. Deb is very personable and has a keen eye for making your vision come true!

Very Kind

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Tricia J

These people were very kind to work with. They always answered all of my questions, and gave me the attention I needed as the bride. The European Chocolate and carrot cake were delicious! The cost was moderate.

We Couldn't Stop Eating the Cake!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Jennifer S

You will never meet someone more passionate about making cake as Chef Deb! First, she met us at her house for an 8 am cake tasting AND allowed my sister to attend last second. We.Were.Blown.Away Each taste was better than the next and we had a hard time deciding what flavor to use so we allowed Chef Deb to use her expertise and mix vanilla, chocolate, coconut, German chocolate, and key lime flavors on our 3 tier cake (each tier had a different flavor filling). By the end of the wedding, the ENTIRE cake was gone! She also expertly wrapped our anniversary cake for us! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali M

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Chef Deb and her team. From the tasting all the way to our wedding cake, we could not have asked for a better more delicious experience. After literally devouring every piece of cake at the tasting (and my husband does not have a sweet tooth), we could not decide on which flavor to choose. We ended up doing a different flavor on each tier of our three tier cake and each was absolutely to die for. It was so dense and moist, literally the best cake I've had. Our guests were raving about our cake and we didn't have any left over. My husband and I enjoyed our cake so much that we couldn't wait a year to eat our anniversary cake so we ended up devouring it that same weekend and we cannot wait to go back to Chef Deb in a year for her to create another one for us to have on our anniversary. Not only was the cake delicious, it was absolutely stunning! Chef Deb did a fantastic job creating exactly what I was looking for and so much more. It had beautiful lace detail on each tier and she even added little buttons down the back of the cake to match my dress, absolutely stunning and more than I could have imagined, her attention to detail is amazing! Thank you again Declare cakes!

Chef Deb is Great

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Katie O

loved the cake... everyone thought the idea of an iPhone was so cute and so accurate :) Service was great and cake was super yummy!

Delish!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Crystal D

I chose Declare cakes to prepare my wedding cake for my September 2013 wedding. I provided Chef Deb with a picture of a cake that I envisioned for my wedding and she replicated it perfectly. It was gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. I absolutely fell in love with the chocolate cake with peanut butter filling during the tasting and often found myself thinking of it after that. :) Unfortunately, I only got to have one piece the day of the wedding, but am looking forward to my complimentary anniversary cake next year. I definitely recommend Declare Cakes, the cake was delicious and they provided a professional and hassle free process.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kelly W

Let me tell you... I like cake. I was excited about getting married sure...but I was mostly excited about the cake! (only a slight exaggeration). Chef Deb was amazing to work with - quick, responsive and flexible, even when our guest list blew up at the last minute. She was able to quickly adjust our contract & order and made the stressful last minute changes as pain free as possible. Our cake was not only beautiful it was DELICIOUS. I ate two large pieces. The caterer was kind enough to wrap up a few pieces for us and my husband and I fought over them the next morning. We had the traditional white cake/buttercream but also did a layer of chocolate with peanut butter filling. It was totally unique, I don't know anyone else who has had that. And it was GONE. Not a single piece left - guests were asking if there was any more cake because they wanted seconds. A indication how good Chef Deb's cakes are - consider this: I hate carrot cake. Always have detested it. We tried Chef Deb's at our cake tasting and very nearly ended up with it as our wedding cake. Hers was that good. Could not be more pleased with our choice of DeClare Cakes!

Delicious and Unforgettable

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Alena F

I cannot say enough positive things about Chef Deb and her team. From the very beginning they were welcoming, accommodating and very professional. We met Deb for the first time for the cake tasting and it was the most relaxing and delicious experiences we have had. Words cannot come close to describing how perfect the cakes are that they make. Somehow the cakes are both dense but light and so incredibly moist. It literally melts in your mouth and the flavors are out of this world. We ordered a 3-tiered wedding cake along with a detailed groom’s cake. My husband is a pilot in the Air Force and I really wanted a 3D C-17 for the groom’s cake and I wanted to incorporate his favorite sports teams (there are a lot of them). Chef Deb and her team took the time through email and meeting in person to help make my idea come true. They were even very helpful with adding their own creative touch. Both cakes were so incredibly. I did a LOT of research around cake vendors, and I am not going to lie, we did at least four cake tastings. As soon as the cake tasting was over with Deb we knew she was the one. She is very passionate about what she does as she should be since she is so incredibly good at it.

Wonderful Cake

Reviewed on 6/07/2013 Martina F

I was lucky enough to find DeClare pretty last minute when my planned baker failed to return my calls and emails. Being from out of town, they arranged a tasting with a one day turn-around for my mother in law who was going to be in charleston for one evening. After getting her thumbs up I sent them a few inspiration images and selected flavors from their website. They did a wonderful job! The cakes (I chose to do a tiered cake and two satellite cakes in different flavors) were delicious, moist, and exactly what I had wanted.

Grooms Cake AND Wedding Cake - both AMAZING for a great deal!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Lindsey O

DeClare cakes provided both my Grooms cake and my wedding cake for our wedding weekend. Chef Deb and her staff were not only professional, but they were so much fun to work with. She was able to capture exactly what I wanted for both cakes, and they were not only fun (grooms cake) and stunning (wedding cake), but they were also DELICIOUS! My husband and I are on the adventurous side, so when Chef Deb suggested a new combination of flavors (almond spice cake with a cherry filling and butter cream frosting) we were all in, and our guests are STILL talking about it. The look was elegant and simple, just what I wanted, and incorporated my wedding colors. The grooms cake was a bit of an experiment and turned out better than I'd ever hoped. My husband is a big basketball fan, so we did a basketball themed cake, and he is still bragging about it to his friends. If I could get married again, I would do it the exact same way with the exact same cake vendor! Chef Deb and staff were PERFECT!!!

Fabulous :-)

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Mallory S

Declare Cakes is fantastic! I used them for my wedding and was extremely pleased. The bakers do an excellent job consulting with the bride and groom, listening to the vision of the couple, and then making that vision a reality. They were easy to work with and very reliable. The bakers of Declare Cakes put their hearts and souls into their cakes. They are extremely punctual and professional. Oh yeah, not to mention...the cakes are delicious! I have referred this bakery to several of my friends and will continue to do so! Thanks Declare!

Send Email