Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 tiffany f

I am from CT and planned my entire wedding virtually. Deb did a fantastic job shipping wedding cake samples for us to try. The packaging was beautiful! She also was able to take my idea we discussed on the phone and bring it life. My cake was perfect and my guests could not... Read More stop raving about how delicious it was! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

We had a destination wedding in Charleston which made it hard to taste wedding cakes prior to the big day. Not with Declare! They sent us tasting samples in the mail and we were smitten! My husband and I are not big sweets people, but OMG our wedding cake was seriously the best... Read More cake that we have ever had, not to mention it was so pretty that I didn't want to cut it! They are even mailing us our 1 year anniversary topper so that we didn't have to transport it back after the wedding. They are seriously the best!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Rachel L

Along similar lines to prior reviews, look no further for a beautifully crafted and delicious wedding cake! Deb was an absolute pleasure to work with, responsive and sweet. Guests (and even our planner!) commented that they've never had such a delicious, gorgeous wedding cake... Read More before. We had tasted elsewhere and the cakes were dry and equally expensive. Prices are not cheap (plan on $750-1000) but you pay for true quality. Thank you for an absolutely perfect wedding cake!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Sy G

DeClare provided our wedding reception cake, which was beautifully crafted and absolutely delicious. We decided on a simple 3 tier design with flowers strategically placed. The 'strawberry lemonade' flavor was perfect for our outdoor spring wedding!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Sarah R

If you are looking for a delicious and beautiful wedding cake, look no further. It was a pleasure working with Deb throughout the entire planning process as well! I highly recommend them - best tasting (and best looking) wedding cake I've ever seen. Thank you for helping to make... Read More my wedding an amazing event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Anna Beth B

These girls make creations that are both beautiful and scrumptious! The design was simple but elegant - just what I envisioned. Some wedding cakes don't taste very good but this cake is more delicious than I can describe. We had three tiers and three flavors - and guests raved... Read More about each one. To help us decide, we were able to do a tasting of six flavors via mail (since we don't live in Charleston). They were always super responsive to emails and guided us through the decision making process. We were very pleased with our choice to go with DeClare. I just wish we had more of their cake (wait, we have the top tier in the freezer for our first anniversary!) HIGHLY RECOMMEND these ladies!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Francesca J

Deb was wonderful to work with and the wedding cake exceeded our expectations. It was so beautiful and delicious! She was able to incorporate our Pride and Prejudice theme with script writing of our favorite scene on the second tier. We had two flavors but my favorite was the... Read More Neapolitan :)

Amazing Cake at an Amazing Price!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Holly W

We hired DeClare for our wedding cake after finding her online. Sifting through cake vendors in the Charleston area is no easy task! My husband isn't a huge cake person so he was less than thrilled with various cake tastings. DeClare's setup is awesome in that you are able to... Read More take your samples home and try them on your own with no pressure or awkwardness. We fell in love (yep, even my husband loved it!) with the strawberry chocolate chip and wanted a simple cake design since it wasn't a main focal point of our day. The price was perfect for our budget and the cake was raved about by all of our guests! For the best cake in Charleston, meet with DeClare first!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Lily B

DeClare Cakes was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and I couldn't have been happier with this awesome recommendation! Chef Deb was a pleasure to work with, and was truly an artist in creating the cake I had envisioned! I wanted a "naked, scraped" cake, and it... Read More turned out beautifully! She even recommended our florist, Anna Bella Florals, and the two worked together to decorate the cake with fresh flowers. Not only did the cake look beautiful and was everything I had imagined, but it tasted amazing!!! I couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kelsey A

Chef Deb and Alison were amazing! The cake tasted so amazing and everyone loved it! I described how I wanted our cake to look and she made it look even better than I imagined - the cake turned out so beautiful. I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Meghan C

Chef Deb was a pleasure to work with and our cake was delicious!! We wanted to have a simple cake with fresh flowers - with some fun flavors! Everyone loved the chocolate cake with peanut butter filling especially!! Declare Cakes was always quick to respond to emails, and made... Read More cake tasting extremely easy for us since we were only in charleston for a few days trying to get a million wedding things done. They have an option of a tasting box which we drove with us back to Ohio to have my husbands family try out the flavors with us! I myself have a gluten sensitivity and Declare was just beginning their gluten free cake options closer to our wedding - so we did already have other arrangements for a gluten free cake. However, having this option proved even more how much we loved Declare Cakes and hopefully can try out a gluten free product during our next visit to Charleston! Would reccommend them to anyone!!

Batman cake!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Alex

Our cake was the highlight of our reception. Everyone loved it. We had a pound cake with apricot and strawberry filling. It was light and moist without being overly sweet and perfect. Chef Deb was so nice when we met with her to do our tasting, and they worked with us to include... Read More a secret batman figurine under the cake. It was adorable! Thank you guys so much!

Great Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Kristy T

We ordered around 200 cupcakes, in 3 flavors, from Declare Cakes for our wedding. Both Melanie and Deb were very responsive to my emails. When we first started working with them, they were able to get a tasting box ready for me on the same day I got in touch with them, which was... Read More very helpful. The cupcakes for the wedding looked amazing, and our families were raving about how great they were.

Beautiful cakes, and they taste amazing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Amanda K

Working with a Chef Deb was a great experience. We met her for a cake tasting where she opened her arms to my niece and nephew who came with my husband and I. She listened to our visions and suggested ideas, and we came up with a design that my husband loved! Our cake was... Read More delivered on time and set up beautifully. On our cake, Chef Deb wrote the 1 Corinthians 13 love verse around the entire three layers of our cake. It was stunning and unique. Her work is precise, clean, and professional. We received tons of compliments on the way our cake looked and even more on how it tasted. We had two tiers of red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream filling and vanilla cake with vanilla bean buttercream filling.... Heavenly. I give chef Deb my highest recommendation.

Delicious & beautiful

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I am not a fan of fondant & was adamant to not have it on my wedding cake. DeClares was able to make a beautiful design on my cake with buttercream icing. The cake was moist & flavorful & a hit with all of my guests. Highly recommend!

wedding cake for 9/13/14 event

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 M H

I asked Chef Deb to create a cake with a sweetgrass basket weave. She and her team did a fabulous job. The cake was beautiful. The flavors of the cake, one layer was chocolate with chocolate mousse and the other was pound cake with lemon curd, were spot on. The guests were... Read More asking for second servings. I have recommended DeClare Cakes to 2 brides-to-be.

Ahhhmazing!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Erin J

Chef Deb created the most beautiful and delicious grooms cake for my rehearsal dinner. She took my idea and made it her own and added her own touches to make a perfect cake. My husband loved it and the cake was absolutely delicious. She is amazing and is very responsive to all... Read More questions and concerns to make her clients happy!

Great Cake, Even Better Service!

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 brittney k

DeClare Cakes was the best vendor we worked with for our wedding! Service was prompt and professional! Our emails were answered within a few hours of being sent and all of our requests were accommodated. The cake was everything we declicious and dreamed of. They even... Read More pre-packaged an "anniversary tier" for us to take home so we didn't have to worry about saving any cake to take home to freeze. I would recommend DeClare Cakes hands-down!

Amazing! Highlight of the Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amy

Ok so let me just say that from the moment i called Declare Cakes it was a great experience! She is so nice and is very attentive to what you want to have as your cake. she is not ever pushy about trying to get you to add things into the budget. She is very low priced compared... Read More to many of the other places i called and doesn't nickel and dime you for supports etc... The cake tasted amazing we got a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and we had no leftovers! everyone loved the cake and could not stop going back for more! excellent all around! you will not be sorry if you book with Declares!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Nicole C

I heard about this baker from my Jazzercise instructor, Melanie, who is the customer care manager for DeClare. I set up a tasting and was amazed at the quality of cakes that we tried. The tasting was at the Chef Deb Reed's house and we were able to try so many options. We went... Read More with a poundcake that had buttercream frosting and our tiers alternated with lemon and key lime filling. She worked out a beautiful design for us using our wedding colors and theme. We also ordered our rehearsal dinner cake and groom's cake from her as well (chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling and fondant). Everyone loved the cake! I was very pleased with everything about DeClare. I would absolutely use them for any special occasion cakes in the future.

The very BEST wedding cake in town!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Nancy M

Chef Deb created an absolutely fabulous cake for our daughter's May 31 wedding. Not only was it beautiful--it was delicious!! Proof of this is the fact that we ordered enough cake to serve 150 guests.--We ended up with 90 guests and nearly the entire cake was eaten during the... Read More reception. Our guests couldn't get enough! She clearly loves what she does, and it shows in her finished creations. She uses quality ingredients and attends to the smallest detail to provide the perfect confection--and at an incredible value. A million thanks to DeClare Cakes for adding a very important touch to our daughter's special day. We will be singing her praises to anyone we know who is looking for the best baker in town!

Mrs. Anne Hallett

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Anne L

DeClare Cakes was the first and only bakery that my husband and I looked at for our wedding. Chef Deb's professionalism and expertise sold us at first bite. We went into our meeting without having discussed any ideas for a cake, and Chef Deb was able to create a beautiful cake... Read More design as well as a delicious flavor within minutes. Communication up until the wedding day was prompt and helpful, and everything was done beautifully. The cake itself was the most delicious cake we have ever tasted. Every wedding guest commented on the quality, and many people stated that this was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. My husband and I have decided that no other cake will ever live up to this, and we're so glad that we ordered a larger cake than the number of guests that attended because we were sent home with a huge sheet cake that we are still enjoying. We also had them create a Groom's Cake, and it was impeccable. I sent one picture, and there were no questions. The cake matched the picture perfectly, and of course was also delicious. DeClare Cakes should be your only option for a wedding cake!

Magazine worthy and delicious!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Katrina S

They know a lot about cakes! Our cake was like a piece of art. It looked absolutely stunning and tasted fantastic. We received many compliments on it. Chef Deb was great to work with. She is a true artist as well as an excellent chef. I would highly recommend DeClare Cakes to... Read More anyone!

Amazing cakes

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Kelsi W

DeClare was everything I dreamed of from the cake tasting to the the beautiful cake at our reception. Deb is very personable and has a keen eye for making your vision come true!

Very Kind

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Tricia J

These people were very kind to work with. They always answered all of my questions, and gave me the attention I needed as the bride. The European Chocolate and carrot cake were delicious! The cost was moderate.