Let us help you create your wedding cake!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

9014 Merchant Street, Charleston, SC

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Lily B

DeClare Cakes was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and I couldn't have been happier with this awesome recommendation! Chef Deb was a pleasure to work with, and was truly an artist in creating the cake I had envisioned! I wanted a "naked, scraped" cake, and it... Read More turned out beautifully! She even recommended our florist, Anna Bella Florals, and the two worked together to decorate the cake with fresh flowers. Not only did the cake look beautiful and was everything I had imagined, but it tasted amazing!!! I couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kelsey A

Chef Deb and Alison were amazing! The cake tasted so amazing and everyone loved it! I described how I wanted our cake to look and she made it look even better than I imagined - the cake turned out so beautiful. I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Meghan C

Chef Deb was a pleasure to work with and our cake was delicious!! We wanted to have a simple cake with fresh flowers - with some fun flavors! Everyone loved the chocolate cake with peanut butter filling especially!! Declare Cakes was always quick to respond to emails, and made... Read More cake tasting extremely easy for us since we were only in charleston for a few days trying to get a million wedding things done. They have an option of a tasting box which we drove with us back to Ohio to have my husbands family try out the flavors with us! I myself have a gluten sensitivity and Declare was just beginning their gluten free cake options closer to our wedding - so we did already have other arrangements for a gluten free cake. However, having this option proved even more how much we loved Declare Cakes and hopefully can try out a gluten free product during our next visit to Charleston! Would reccommend them to anyone!!

Batman cake!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Alex

Our cake was the highlight of our reception. Everyone loved it. We had a pound cake with apricot and strawberry filling. It was light and moist without being overly sweet and perfect. Chef Deb was so nice when we met with her to do our tasting, and they worked with us to include... Read More a secret batman figurine under the cake. It was adorable! Thank you guys so much!

Great Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Kristy T

We ordered around 200 cupcakes, in 3 flavors, from Declare Cakes for our wedding. Both Melanie and Deb were very responsive to my emails. When we first started working with them, they were able to get a tasting box ready for me on the same day I got in touch with them, which was... Read More very helpful. The cupcakes for the wedding looked amazing, and our families were raving about how great they were.

Beautiful cakes, and they taste amazing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Amanda K

Working with a Chef Deb was a great experience. We met her for a cake tasting where she opened her arms to my niece and nephew who came with my husband and I. She listened to our visions and suggested ideas, and we came up with a design that my husband loved! Our cake was... Read More delivered on time and set up beautifully. On our cake, Chef Deb wrote the 1 Corinthians 13 love verse around the entire three layers of our cake. It was stunning and unique. Her work is precise, clean, and professional. We received tons of compliments on the way our cake looked and even more on how it tasted. We had two tiers of red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream filling and vanilla cake with vanilla bean buttercream filling.... Heavenly. I give chef Deb my highest recommendation.

Delicious & beautiful

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I am not a fan of fondant & was adamant to not have it on my wedding cake. DeClares was able to make a beautiful design on my cake with buttercream icing. The cake was moist & flavorful & a hit with all of my guests. Highly recommend!

wedding cake for 9/13/14 event

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 M H

I asked Chef Deb to create a cake with a sweetgrass basket weave. She and her team did a fabulous job. The cake was beautiful. The flavors of the cake, one layer was chocolate with chocolate mousse and the other was pound cake with lemon curd, were spot on. The guests were... Read More asking for second servings. I have recommended DeClare Cakes to 2 brides-to-be.

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Erin J

Chef Deb created the most beautiful and delicious grooms cake for my rehearsal dinner. She took my idea and made it her own and added her own touches to make a perfect cake. My husband loved it and the cake was absolutely delicious. She is amazing and is very responsive to all... Read More questions and concerns to make her clients happy!

Great Cake, Even Better Service!

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 brittney k

DeClare Cakes was the best vendor we worked with for our wedding! Service was prompt and professional! Our emails were answered within a few hours of being sent and all of our requests were accommodated. The cake was everything we declicious and dreamed of. They even... Read More pre-packaged an "anniversary tier" for us to take home so we didn't have to worry about saving any cake to take home to freeze. I would recommend DeClare Cakes hands-down!

Amazing! Highlight of the Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Amy

Ok so let me just say that from the moment i called Declare Cakes it was a great experience! She is so nice and is very attentive to what you want to have as your cake. she is not ever pushy about trying to get you to add things into the budget. She is very low priced compared... Read More to many of the other places i called and doesn't nickel and dime you for supports etc... The cake tasted amazing we got a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and we had no leftovers! everyone loved the cake and could not stop going back for more! excellent all around! you will not be sorry if you book with Declares!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Nicole C

I heard about this baker from my Jazzercise instructor, Melanie, who is the customer care manager for DeClare. I set up a tasting and was amazed at the quality of cakes that we tried. The tasting was at the Chef Deb Reed's house and we were able to try so many options. We went... Read More with a poundcake that had buttercream frosting and our tiers alternated with lemon and key lime filling. She worked out a beautiful design for us using our wedding colors and theme. We also ordered our rehearsal dinner cake and groom's cake from her as well (chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling and fondant). Everyone loved the cake! I was very pleased with everything about DeClare. I would absolutely use them for any special occasion cakes in the future.

The very BEST wedding cake in town!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Nancy M

Chef Deb created an absolutely fabulous cake for our daughter's May 31 wedding. Not only was it beautiful--it was delicious!! Proof of this is the fact that we ordered enough cake to serve 150 guests.--We ended up with 90 guests and nearly the entire cake was eaten during the... Read More reception. Our guests couldn't get enough! She clearly loves what she does, and it shows in her finished creations. She uses quality ingredients and attends to the smallest detail to provide the perfect confection--and at an incredible value. A million thanks to DeClare Cakes for adding a very important touch to our daughter's special day. We will be singing her praises to anyone we know who is looking for the best baker in town!

Mrs. Anne Hallett

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Anne L

DeClare Cakes was the first and only bakery that my husband and I looked at for our wedding. Chef Deb's professionalism and expertise sold us at first bite. We went into our meeting without having discussed any ideas for a cake, and Chef Deb was able to create a beautiful cake... Read More design as well as a delicious flavor within minutes. Communication up until the wedding day was prompt and helpful, and everything was done beautifully. The cake itself was the most delicious cake we have ever tasted. Every wedding guest commented on the quality, and many people stated that this was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. My husband and I have decided that no other cake will ever live up to this, and we're so glad that we ordered a larger cake than the number of guests that attended because we were sent home with a huge sheet cake that we are still enjoying. We also had them create a Groom's Cake, and it was impeccable. I sent one picture, and there were no questions. The cake matched the picture perfectly, and of course was also delicious. DeClare Cakes should be your only option for a wedding cake!

Magazine worthy and delicious!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Katrina S

They know a lot about cakes! Our cake was like a piece of art. It looked absolutely stunning and tasted fantastic. We received many compliments on it. Chef Deb was great to work with. She is a true artist as well as an excellent chef. I would highly recommend DeClare Cakes to... Read More anyone!

Amazing cakes

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Kelsi W

DeClare was everything I dreamed of from the cake tasting to the the beautiful cake at our reception. Deb is very personable and has a keen eye for making your vision come true!

Very Kind

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Tricia J

These people were very kind to work with. They always answered all of my questions, and gave me the attention I needed as the bride. The European Chocolate and carrot cake were delicious! The cost was moderate.

We Couldn't Stop Eating the Cake!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Jennifer S

You will never meet someone more passionate about making cake as Chef Deb! First, she met us at her house for an 8 am cake tasting AND allowed my sister to attend last second. We.Were.Blown.Away Each taste was better than the next and we had a hard time deciding what flavor to... Read More use so we allowed Chef Deb to use her expertise and mix vanilla, chocolate, coconut, German chocolate, and key lime flavors on our 3 tier cake (each tier had a different flavor filling). By the end of the wedding, the ENTIRE cake was gone! She also expertly wrapped our anniversary cake for us! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali M

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Chef Deb and her team. From the tasting all the way to our wedding cake, we could not have asked for a better more delicious experience. After literally devouring every piece of cake at the tasting (and my husband does not have a sweet... Read More tooth), we could not decide on which flavor to choose. We ended up doing a different flavor on each tier of our three tier cake and each was absolutely to die for. It was so dense and moist, literally the best cake I've had. Our guests were raving about our cake and we didn't have any left over. My husband and I enjoyed our cake so much that we couldn't wait a year to eat our anniversary cake so we ended up devouring it that same weekend and we cannot wait to go back to Chef Deb in a year for her to create another one for us to have on our anniversary. Not only was the cake delicious, it was absolutely stunning! Chef Deb did a fantastic job creating exactly what I was looking for and so much more. It had beautiful lace detail on each tier and she even added little buttons down the back of the cake to match my dress, absolutely stunning and more than I could have imagined, her attention to detail is amazing! Thank you again Declare cakes!

Chef Deb is Great

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Katie O

loved the cake... everyone thought the idea of an iPhone was so cute and so accurate :) Service was great and cake was super yummy!

2013-10-24T14:32:00 Response from Alison, the member

Thank you!! Our design team had a good time with it!!! Good sleuthing on your part getting the screen image to us without him knowing it! Hahah! So grateful, Chef Deb

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Crystal D

I chose Declare cakes to prepare my wedding cake for my September 2013 wedding. I provided Chef Deb with a picture of a cake that I envisioned for my wedding and she replicated it perfectly. It was gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. I absolutely fell in love with the chocolate... Read More cake with peanut butter filling during the tasting and often found myself thinking of it after that. :) Unfortunately, I only got to have one piece the day of the wedding, but am looking forward to my complimentary anniversary cake next year. I definitely recommend Declare Cakes, the cake was delicious and they provided a professional and hassle free process.

2013-10-07T19:30:32 Response from Alison, the member

Crystal, it was our privilege to present your cake! We are just thrilled your expectations were met!! That makes our day! Blessings, Chef Deb

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kelly W

Let me tell you... I like cake. I was excited about getting married sure...but I was mostly excited about the cake! (only a slight exaggeration). Chef Deb was amazing to work with - quick, responsive and flexible, even when our guest list blew up at the last minute. She was able... Read More to quickly adjust our contract & order and made the stressful last minute changes as pain free as possible. Our cake was not only beautiful it was DELICIOUS. I ate two large pieces. The caterer was kind enough to wrap up a few pieces for us and my husband and I fought over them the next morning. We had the traditional white cake/buttercream but also did a layer of chocolate with peanut butter filling. It was totally unique, I don't know anyone else who has had that. And it was GONE. Not a single piece left - guests were asking if there was any more cake because they wanted seconds. A indication how good Chef Deb's cakes are - consider this: I hate carrot cake. Always have detested it. We tried Chef Deb's at our cake tasting and very nearly ended up with it as our wedding cake. Hers was that good. Could not be more pleased with our choice of DeClare Cakes!

2013-09-26T09:27:51 Response from Alison, the member

Wow! Thank you for the great report! The highest compliment is when a client claims to love a flavor they have dismissed elsewhere!! You two were a pleasure to work with!!! So humbled.... Chef Deb

Delicious and Unforgettable

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Alena F

I cannot say enough positive things about Chef Deb and her team. From the very beginning they were welcoming, accommodating and very professional. We met Deb for the first time for the cake tasting and it was the most relaxing and delicious experiences we have had. Words cannot... Read More come close to describing how perfect the cakes are that they make. Somehow the cakes are both dense but light and so incredibly moist. It literally melts in your mouth and the flavors are out of this world. We ordered a 3-tiered wedding cake along with a detailed groom’s cake. My husband is a pilot in the Air Force and I really wanted a 3D C-17 for the groom’s cake and I wanted to incorporate his favorite sports teams (there are a lot of them). Chef Deb and her team took the time through email and meeting in person to help make my idea come true. They were even very helpful with adding their own creative touch. Both cakes were so incredibly. I did a LOT of research around cake vendors, and I am not going to lie, we did at least four cake tastings. As soon as the cake tasting was over with Deb we knew she was the one. She is very passionate about what she does as she should be since she is so incredibly good at it.

2013-06-20T13:00:05 Response from Alison, the member

Alena, we are so honored by your high praise of your wedding cake project. It was such a pleasure working with you. Like you said, passion comes through you too! We were just feeding off your connection to your ideas!!! Thank you for giving us... Read Less Read More

Wonderful Cake

Reviewed on 6/07/2013 Martina F

I was lucky enough to find DeClare pretty last minute when my planned baker failed to return my calls and emails. Being from out of town, they arranged a tasting with a one day turn-around for my mother in law who was going to be in charleston for one evening. After getting her... Read More thumbs up I sent them a few inspiration images and selected flavors from their website. They did a wonderful job! The cakes (I chose to do a tiered cake and two satellite cakes in different flavors) were delicious, moist, and exactly what I had wanted.

2013-06-09T03:20:14 Response from Alison, the member

We are so honored to have your vote of confidence!! It is our pleasure to make room in the calendar when we are able!! Thank you for the privilege of serving you! Blessings!

Grooms Cake AND Wedding Cake - both AMAZING for a great deal!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Lindsey O

DeClare cakes provided both my Grooms cake and my wedding cake for our wedding weekend. Chef Deb and her staff were not only professional, but they were so much fun to work with. She was able to capture exactly what I wanted for both cakes, and they were not only fun (grooms... Read More cake) and stunning (wedding cake), but they were also DELICIOUS! My husband and I are on the adventurous side, so when Chef Deb suggested a new combination of flavors (almond spice cake with a cherry filling and butter cream frosting) we were all in, and our guests are STILL talking about it. The look was elegant and simple, just what I wanted, and incorporated my wedding colors. The grooms cake was a bit of an experiment and turned out better than I'd ever hoped. My husband is a big basketball fan, so we did a basketball themed cake, and he is still bragging about it to his friends. If I could get married again, I would do it the exact same way with the exact same cake vendor! Chef Deb and staff were PERFECT!!!

2013-06-08T17:09:49 Response from Alison, the member

Wow! Such kind words! I have to say we enjoyed the cake projects ourselves! We are at our best when clients when they have are having fun in the process!! You were a pleasure to serve! Thank you! Chef Deb