Fine Art Photography for Free-Spirited Romantics.

Over the years I've learned from each couple I've photographed what I love most in making pictures. It’s an unbelievably difficult question to answer, but it’s important because I want to be kindred with my couples, ensuring together we will make something amazing. As I look over my work, these ideas keep surfacing: Free-Spirited, Unencumbered Passion, Adventurous Romance. While I'm capturing a photo I find myself constantly peering through these lenses looking for - the way his hand tucks behind her hair as he holds her gaze - the way her hips softly lean into his as they embrace - the way their lips linger, almost touching, just before a kiss. These types of pictures are made possible because we "get" one another. We are of the same ilk, and that makes all the difference.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Based in Austin, Texas. Will travel anywhere! (512) 560-6922
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Courtney C

We cannot say enough great things about Steven. We stumbled across him searching instagram and instantly knew he was the right person for us. He met every expectation and more. We just received our photos and WOW, They are amazing! We really mean it when we say you would be... Read More making a mistake to not have Steven for your wedding. Thank you, Steven!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Hannah G

Steven was beyond amazing! From our very first meeting he made us feel so comfortable and assured us that he would capture the loveliest of photos-which he did! As a bride, he made me feel stunning on my big day and completely took any stress away from myself and my groom. I... Read More highly recommend Pearlsnap Photography! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Emery D

Steven did an amazing job capturing some real treasures of moments at my wedding. I also love his artistic style of shooting that made our photos one of a kind. Not only were his pictures great he also made the flow of the wedding much easier by pre planning details and being... Read More professional about his process. Couldn't have picked a better group to capture our special day.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017

We had an amazing experience with Pearlsnap Photography! They covered our wedding beautifully and were a pleasure to work with. The photos captured the fun and magic and family closeness that were present and left us with perfect photos that we will cherish forever. Thank you,... Read More Steven, and Photosnap team!

2017-01-27T17:05:11 Response from the vendor

Laura, you and Jerald were such a pleasure to work with! I love the intimacy of small weddings (all 24 of you!) and how nothing, including gale-force hill country winds, fazed your determined love. Thank you for entrusting me with your photography!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Shelley V

Pearlsnap Photography & Steven in particular were truly amazing to work with. Steven is creative, friendly, and professional. He has a great ability to corral people together and get them to follow instructions in order to take beautiful photos, all while being totally pleasant... Read More and funny (which is a rare talent that's perfect for a wedding photographer). He came to us by recommendation of another friend whose wedding he photographed, and we liked him so much that I recommended him to my best friend when she got married. I'd absolutely, without a doubt, recommend him to others getting married.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Briana N

Steven was the perfect photographer for our day. He aligned exactly to our vision of capturing the moments we want to remember forever. We can't stop looking at our pictures and reliving the emotions and wonder of that day. He was incredible to work with and made us feel... Read More comfortable and at ease at all times. He is truly a master of his craft and we loved having him as a part of our journey!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Tracy R

Steven was absolutely incredible! We cannot tell you how much we love both our engagement and wedding photos! We get so many compliments on them! He not only took those amazing photos, but he also really took the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted in our... Read More pictures. His kind, funny, and relaxed demeanor really helped us become comfortable in front of the camera! Steven has an amazing eye for raw aesthetics. His pictures are clean, classy, and artsy without being "out there." He allows you electronic access to your pictures as well, making it a terrific value. We ordered the wedding album (hand-made, high quality, and SO worth the price!) and also got electronic rights to all the pictures from the engagement shoot and wedding which made it very easy to share our photos with family and friends via email and social media. Working with Steven was a breeze. He is really friendly and fun to work with. We really appreciated the way he kept everything relaxed and down-to-earth while still being professional and always attentive to our needs. He covers both ends of the spectrum, both being discreet at the right times and providing much-needed direction and leadership when called for. We cannot speak more highly of Steven and his work. Hiring Steven was some of the best money we ever spent! We recommend him with absolutely no reservations!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Austin P

Pearlsnap Photography captured our wedding and related events beautifully, not to mention Steven is a great guy and super fun to be around! Just take a look at his work and you can tell that he loves what he does and is awesome at it. Pearlsnap doesn't disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Hannah U

My husband and I met Steven back in Summer 2014 about 4 months before our wedding (10/11/14). Steven met with us for over an hour, asking questions to ensure he would be able to meet and exceed our needs and expectations. By the end of our time with him, we knew he was the... Read More perfect person to document our big day! Steven did our engagement photos, my bridal photos, and the actual wedding. Each photo is a beautiful reminder of such a special time in our lives and he way he put the photos together tells the story of everything in such a beautiful way. During the wedding, Steven was somehow everywhere. He captured every important moment, funny moment, emotional moment, and all of those inbetween. If you're looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, you have found him. I wish I could give a 10 star review. Today is mine and my husbands 2 year anniversary and we are looking through the gorgeous album from our wedding all thanks to Steven.

2016-10-11T11:03:51 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, Hannah! Happy Anniversary!! You and Colin were so much fun to get to know. And thanks for bringing your lovely python Lucy to your Bridal Session! (My wife still can't look at those photos. :-) I'll look you up next time I'm... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Shelly M

Pearlsnap Photography is wonderful to work with from beginning to end! Steven gives you such one on one attention and really listens to what it is that you envision. He is clear about what he can do and then works with you to make the pictures that you want a reality. He is a... Read More very calming presence the day of the ceremony. He has great ideas and is very creative with shots, so that you do not end up with cookie cutter pictures! I have recommended him to many and will continue to do so! Everyone loves our pictures and most of all, WE loved our picture memories and still look at them to this day. You won't be disappointed. We even had him do our daughter's Senior pictures!

2016-10-11T09:21:58 Response from the vendor

Shelly, it was such an honor to photograph you and Todd saying, "I do" to one another! It was a whirlwind of an evening, but it was worth it. Thank you for inviting me to capture this incredible day for you!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Shelly M

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sarah S

Steven is a wonderful photographer with an strong artistic eye. I love the way our pictures came out, he managed to find beautiful natural light on an overcast day. The photos are a great mix of details, portraits and more candid shots. My absolute favorite are the photos he... Read More took of our ceremony, he captured so much joy! His package included an engagement session. I wasn't originally planning on having one but it was great and the photos were perfect for building our website and I'm so happy to have them. Steven made us and our whole family feel comfortable and was very professional every step of the way and we highly recommend his services!

2016-10-11T09:24:43 Response from the vendor

Hey there, Sarah! Hands down, you and Toto's ceremony was the best I've witnessed. I couldn't help but capture joy because that's all there was to capture! :-) Thank you so much for entrusting your photography to me!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Brenna Z

Steven did a great job with our engagement and wedding photos! His photography style is so elegant and classic, but he also includes so many fun shots of the day. He was super friendly and easy to work with, and he was definitely very experienced, which was so helpful during the... Read More craziness of the wedding day and for getting all of the shots we wanted.

2016-10-11T09:30:03 Response from the vendor

Brenna, you and Adam were such a pleasure to get to know and work with! It was such a beautiful day down by the creek. I wonder if I'll have more grooms wearing knives as part of their wardrobe? :-) Thanks for allowing me the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Christina L

Steven was a lucky find as we interviewed numerous photographers looking for the right fit for us. Not only is his pricing fair and simple, he is a kind person with a perfect combination of style and professionalism. Also, our photos turned out AMAZING! It was a pleasure having... Read More Steven as a guest at our wedding and the product he presented to us at the end will be held closely to our hearts forever and always.

2016-10-11T09:19:30 Response from the vendor

Christina, you and Jon are so wonderful! I will never forget how easy going you both were, even when the rain came crashing in and everyone crammed into the barn only to be deafened by the rain on the tin roof!! The only thing that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Whitney T

I don't even know where to begin with Steven , he is amazing!!! He really took time to get to know me and my husband and was always super professional. In addition our pictures were breathtaking from our engagement photoshoot to our actual wedding pics. LOVED them !

2016-10-11T09:31:57 Response from the vendor

I don't know what to say about Whitney! You and Aaron are a perfect compliment to one another. I couldn't ask for a sweeter more laid back couple! It has been a pleasure getting know you both and make so many wonderful photos together!

Steven Gunter

HUSBAND | FATHER | PHOTOGRAPHER First of all, I’m a hugger. (Consider yourself hugged.) I drink way to much coffee, love reading classic spy fiction, listen to vinyl records while preparing dinner with my wife (our daughter playing nearby), and never miss an opportunity to enjoy a fine cigar. I'd love to get to know you better, perhaps over coffee, pints, or both. Feel free to drop me a line, or even give me a call to see when we can make that happen.