Keep Calm and Carry on With Your First Dance

Planning a wedding can be insane. Take a moment for yourself and your partner. Dancing your first dance on your wedding day is an electrifying moment and there’s no doubt this will be a special part of your wedding journey. Learn stress-free with wedding dance experts at your pace.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

26 New Street, CAMBRIDGE, MA (617) 492-2122

Don't know where to start? Group lessons!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Linda C

It was my groom's idea to get dancing lessons and I happily agreed! Since we had time, and we didn't know which dance style we wanted to do, we took 8-week beginner ballroom group lessons with Cynthia. Doing group lessons is also easier on the wedding budget. We loved Cynthia... Read More and once we decided on our first dance song, we had a discounted private lesson with her to practice the steps to go with the song. We ended up with a really fun swing dance for our wedding! I'd highly recommend Cynthia if you're interested in group or individual lessons.

Aaron is the best!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Rani P

My fiance (now husband) was not comfortable at first with the idea of private dance lessons for our wedding- but they turned out to be the best pre-wedding decision we made. We had a blast and spent so much quality time together. Aaron really made us comfortable, let us have... Read More fun, but also took the lesson seriously and really taught to amateurs the fundamentals of ballroom dancing. We feel confident from this point forward we will be able to impress everyone at future weddings we attend thanks to Aaron and Extreme Dancesport. We had a fantastic time (and the first dance turned out great!)

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Jennifer C

We learned the american rumba for our first dance. Our teacher was so patient with us, and really helped us to LEARN the dance. We didn't just memorize choreography to go with our song, we learned the steps and were able to be spontaneous with it!! We got a lot of compliments on... Read More our first dance and I loved the whole process!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 liz and Grant G

Best.Dancing.Experience. I had signed my husband and I up for the Paso Doble as an anniversary gift. Helle welcomed us with open arms and we looked forward to dancing each week. I definitely and highly recommend couples to take classes (both private or group). My husband and I... Read More had a great time and learned the Paso Doble! Thank you Helle and your amazing staff!!!

Couldn't be more happy!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Kendra D

Volha was wonderful! She helped my husband and I learn how to dance a box step and helped us create a special first dance for our wedding. Our guests loved it and we had so much fun taking lessons together! We are now considering taking more lessons. Thanks Volha!

Patience needed for bride with 2 left feet

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 C O

My darling can dance beautifully while I occasionaly have difficulties walking. With our skill levels so mismatched, we needed an instructor with the patience to bring out what little skill that I had while hiding the many, many flaws. Due to lots of time, patience and... Read More practice, my darling husband and I pulled off an elegant foxtrot that was better than most of the routines on Dancing with the Stars. I highly recommend Extreme Dancesport and Helle for their patience and perserverance.

Not much for the money you pay

Reviewed on 8/13/2010 Maura C

These lessons are way overpriced! We paid $85 for a 45 minute lesson that didn't even start on time. We only learned a couple of steps and then of course they suggested we come back for more lessons.

first dance

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Catherine Y

Our dance was choreographed. Everyone loved it and was so surprised about our first dance.

Helle

Hi there, this is Helle, the owner of Q Ballroom. I would like to first congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. Although this is a magical time of your lives, it can also be quite hectic as you get closer to the BIG DAY. Preparing for a wedding dance is usually the last thing on the todo list and sometimes needs a little convincing to the other half. Am I right ladies? Sometimes we may settle for the high school sway. Eek! Let's make it special and let's make it yours. Start early, book your introductory private lesson, and see how easy it is with a little preparation.