103 Sweet Father-Daughter Dance Songs You Need for Your Wedding
Father-daughter dance songs need to hit all the right notes. That's why it's important to find the best sweet, personal and great to dance to selection. These daddy-daughter dance tunes are traditionally picked by the father or daughter, but it can also become a team effort. Just remember to choose a heartfelt song about love that doesn't dip into romantic territory. But if you find a song you adore with an iffy line (we're talking to you, "Butterfly Kisses" fans), you can work with your musicians to cut it out.
Once you've found a few of your favorites, talk with your DJ or live band (which you can book through The Knot) about creating a playlist and see if they have any input. Then prepare to dance the night away, after entrees are served, of course, to one of these sweet father-daughter wedding dance songs.
In this article:
Country Father-Daughter Dance Songs
There's no denying country songs can pull at your heartstrings. If that's your preferred music genre, you'll adore all of these daddy-daughter dance ballads.
1. "My Wish," by Rascal Flatts
Lyrics you'll love: "My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to / Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small"
2. "Don't Blink," by Kenny Chesney
Lyrics you'll love: "So I've been tryna slow it down / I've been tryna take it in / In this here today gone tomorrow world we're livin' in"
3. "Daddy's Hands," by Holly Dunn
Lyrics you'll love: "Daddy's hands / Were soft and kind when I was crying"
4. "God Gave Me You," by Blake Shelton
Lyrics you'll love: "God gave me you for the ups and downs / God gave me you for the days of doubt"
5. "I Loved Her First," by Heartland
Lyrics you'll love: "I was enough for her not long ago / I was number one, she told me so / And she stills means the world to me, just so you know"
6. "It Won't Be Like This for Long," by Darius Rucker
Lyrics you'll love: "This phase is going to fly by / If you could just hold on / It won't be like this for long"
7. "My Little Girl," by Tim McGraw
Lyrics you'll love: "Gotta hold on easy I let you go / Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know"
8. "Stealing Cinderella," by Chuck Wicks
Lyrics you'll love: "In her eyes I'm Prince Charming / But to him I'm just some fellow / Riding in and stealing Cinderella"
9. "Daughter's Wedding Song," by Dale Watson
Lyrics you'll love: "Today I'm giving my daughter away / It's her time to make a new start"
10. "Wide Open Spaces," by The Chicks
Lyrics you'll love: "She needs, wide open spaces / Room to make her big mistakes / She needs, new faces / She knows the high stakes"
11. "You Are My Sunshine," by Johnny Cash
Lyrics you'll love: "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine / You make me happy when skies are gray"
12. "I'll Be There," by Josh Turner
Lyrics you'll love: "When you need a coach or you need a fan / Need a castle built out of ocean sand / Or a rainbow chaser / I'm your man"
13. "Just Fishin'," by Trace Adkins
Lyrics you'll love: "I say, 'Daddy loves you, baby' one more time / She says, 'I know. I think I got a bite.'"
14. "I'll Be Your Man (Song for a Daughter)," by Zac Brown Band
Lyrics you'll love: "There was a time when I thought I knew love / Until you came into this world / Time keeps on flying / But you're always gonna be my baby girl"
15. "Daddy's Little Girl," by The Shires
Lyrics you'll love: "He said 'You can be anything you want to in this great big world' / But I'm always gonna be daddy's little girl, daddy's little girl"
Unique Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Want to surprise the wedding guests with non-traditional father-daughter dance songs? Then pick any of these tunes from this showstopping list.
16. "You'll Be in My Heart," by Phil Collins
Lyrics you'll love: "I will protect you / From all around you / I will be here / Don't you cry"
17. "Forever," by The Beach Boys
Lyrics you'll love: "If the song I sing to you / Could fill your heart with joy / I'd sing forever (Together, my love"
18. "To Sir With Love," by Lulu
Lyrics you'll love: "A friend who taught me right from wrong / And weak from strong, that's a lot to learn"
19. "It Had to Be You," by Ray Charles
Lyrics you'll love: "It had to be you, it had to be you / I wandered around, finally found / Somebody who could make me be true"
20. "You've Got a Friend," by James Taylor
Lyrics you'll love: "Close your eyes and think of me / And soon I will be there / To brighten up even your darkest nights"
21. "Glory," by Jay-Z (feat. Blue Ivy Carter)
Lyrics you'll love: "Words can't describe the feeling, for real / Baby, I paint the sky blue (Uh) / My greatest creation was you"
22. "To Know Him Is To Love Him," by Amy Winehouse
Lyrics you'll love: "To know, know, know him / Is to love, love, love him"
23. "Papá, Quiero Decirte," by Lali Torres
Lyrics you'll love: "Tu ejemplo seguiré / Tus consejos, yo recordaré / Pido a Dios por tu ser / Que te guarde para siempre"
24. "Not All Heroes Wear Capes," by Owl City
Lyrics you'll love: "He doesn't fight crime or wear a cape / He doesn't read minds or levitate / But every time my wold needs saving / He's my Superman"
25. "I'll Be There," by The Jackson 5
Lyrics you'll love: "Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter / Togetherness, girl, is all I'm after / Whenever you need me, I'll be there (I'll be there)"
26. "Stand By Me," by Ben E. King
Lyrics you'll love: "I won't cry, I won't cry / No, I won't shed a tear / Just as long as you stand, stand by me"
Sentimental Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If causing happy tears from the guests is on your wedding to-do list, use one of these father-daughter wedding songs. We can't promise you and your dance partner won't shed a few tears yourselves.
27. "Father's Eyes," by Amy Grant
Lyrics you'll love: "She's got her father's eyes / Her father's eyes / Eyes that find the good in things / When good is not around"
28. "Unforgettable," by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
Lyrics you'll love: "Unforgettable / In every way / And forevermore / That's how you'll stay"
29. "Wind Beneath My Wings," by Bette Midler
Lyrics you'll love: "Did you ever know that you're my hero / And everything I would like to be? / I can fly higher than an eagle / For you are the wind beneath my wings"
30. "What a Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong
Lyrics you'll love: "I see trees of green, red roses too / I see them bloom for me and you / And I think to myself / What a wonderful world"
31. "You Are So Beautiful," by Joe Crocker
Lyrics you'll love: "You are so beautiful / To me / You are so beautiful / Can't you see"
32. "Your Song," by Elton John
Lyrics you'll love: "I hope you don't mind / That I put down in the words / How wonderful life is while you're in the world"
33. "Gracie," by Ben Folds
Lyrics you'll love: "You will always have a part of me / Nobody else is ever gonna see / Gracie girl"
34. "Daughter," by Loudon Wainwright III
Lyrics you'll love: "Everything she sees / She says she wants / Everything she wants / I see she gets"
35. "Landslide," by Fleetwood Mac
Lyrics you'll love: "'Cause I've built my life around you / But time makes you bolder / Even children get older / And I'm getting older too"
36. "Over the Rainbow," by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Lyrics you'll love: "Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly / And the dream that you dare to, oh why, oh why can't I, I?"
37. "I Hope You Dance," by Lee Ann Womack
Lyrics you'll love: "Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance / And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance / I hope you dance"
Fun Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Just because it's a father-daughter dance doesn't mean the song selection has to be sentimental. Play one of these fun tunes and boogie on down with your loved one.
38. "Dance Like Yo Daddy," by Meghan Trainor
Lyrics you'll love: "Don't worry 'bout the way you look / There ain't nobody judging you (Wanna dance with you) / I want you to dance like yo daddy (Come on)"
39. "Do You Believe in Magic," by The Lovin' Spoonful
Lyrics you'll love: "Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart / How the music can free her whenever it starts?"
40. "Jump On It," by Sir Mix-a-Lot
Lyrics you'll love: "What's up Atlanta, what's up (x2) / Atlanta jump on it, jump on it, jump on it"
41. "Let's Groove," by Earth, Wind & Fire
Lyrics you'll love: "Let's groove tonight (down down, up and down) / Share the spice of life"
42. "U Can't Touch This," by M.C. Hammer
Lyrics you'll love: "Fresh new kicks, and pants / You gotta like that, now you know you wanna dance"
43. "Footloose," by Kenny Loggins
Lyrics you'll love: "So now I gotta cut loose / Footloose / Kick off the Sunday shoes"
44. "Stayin' Alive," by Bee Gees
Lyrics you'll love: "You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive / Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'"
45. "Dancing in the Moonlight," by Toploader
Lyrics you'll love: "Dancing in the moonlight / Everybody's feelin' warm and bright"
46. "You've Got a Friend in Me," by Randy Newman
Lyrics you'll love: "You've got troubles, and I've got 'em, too / There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you"
47. "You Are the Best Thing," by Ray LaMontagne
Lyrics you'll love: "You are the best thing / That ever happened to me"
48. "Tiny Dancer," by Elton John
Lyrics you'll love: "Hold me closer, tiny dancer / Count the headlights on the highway"
Rock Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Rock, roll and lose control with one of these classic rock father-daughter dance songs. We have all the greats, from Queen to Led Zeppelin.
49. "Home Sweet Home," by Mötley Crüe
Lyrics you'll love: "I'm on my way / Home sweet home / Tonight, tonight"
50. "Sweet Child O' Mine," by Guns N' Roses
Lyrics you'll love: "Woah-woah-woah / Sweet child of mine / Woah, oh-oh-oh / Sweet love of mine"
51. "Tupelo Honey," by Van Morrison
Lyrics you'll love: "She's as sweet of tupelo honey / She's an angel of the first degree"
52. "Thank You," by Led Zeppelin
Lyrics you'll love: "If the sun refused to shine / I would still be loving you / When mountains crumble to the sea / There will still be you and me"
53. "I'll Stand By You," by The Pretenders
Lyrics you'll love: "I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you / Won't let nobody hurt you / I'll stand by you"
54. "Wildflowers," by Tom Petty
Lyrics you'll love: "You belong with your love on your arm / You belong somewhere you feel free"
55. "My Darling," by Wilco
Lyrics you'll love: "Because we made you, my darling / With the love in each of our hearts / We were a family, my darling / Right from the start"
56. "Teach Your Children," by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Lyrics you'll love: "Teach your children well / Your father's hell did slowly go by / And feed them on your dreams / The one they pick's the one you'll know by"
57. "You're My Best Friend," by Queen
Lyrics you'll love: "Ooh, you make me live / Whatever this world can give to me / It's you, you're all I see"
58. "Here for You," by Neil Young
Lyrics you'll love: "Just close your eyes and I'll be there / Listen to the sound / Of this old heart beating for you"
59. "When I See You Smile," by Bad English
Lyrics you'll love: "When I see you smile / I can face the world"
Modern Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If you're a fan of chart-toppers, you'll love these father-daughter wedding songs. You've likely heard a few of these on the radio or in movies and TV shows, meaning everyone will recognize them once you start dancing.
60. "Butterfly Fly Away," by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus
Lyrics you'll love: "Don't you worry, hold on tight / I promise you there will come a day / Butterfly fly away"
61. "One Call Away," by Charlie Puth
Lyrics you'll love: "I'm only one call away / I'll be there to save the day / Superman got nothing on me"
62. "Never Grow Up," by Taylor Swift
Lyrics you'll love: "Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up / Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little"
63. "Like My Father," by Jax
Lyrics you'll love: "I need a man who loves me like / My father loves my mom"
64. "First Man," by Camila Cabello
Lyrics you'll love: "You held me so tight, now someone else can / But you were the first man that really loved me"
65. "EmmyLou," by First Aid Kit
Lyrics you'll love: "No, I'm not asking much of you / Just sing, little darling, sing with me"
66. "I Lived," by OneRepublic
Lyrics you'll love: "I, I did it all / I owned every second that this world could give / I saw so many places, the things that I did / With every broken bone I swear I lived"
67. "Ready, Set, Don't Go," by Billy Ray Cyrus
Lyrics you'll love: "She's at the starting line of the rest of her life / As ready as she's ever been"
68. "Roots and Wings," by Miranda Lambert
Lyrics you'll love: "I thank the Lord above / On my Sunday drive / For Daddy's hands"
69. "Moon River," by Frank Ocean
Lyrics you'll love: "Moon river, wider than a mile / Crossin' in style someday"
70. "Hold My Girl," by George Ezra
Lyrics you'll love: "Pick a place to rest your head / Give me a minute to hold my girl"
71. "How Long Will I Love You," by Ellie Goulding
Lyrics you'll love: "How long will I be with you? / As long as the sea is bound to / Wash up on the sand"
72. "I Turn to You," by Christina Aguilera
Lyrics you'll love: "For everything you do / For everything that's true / I turn to you"
73. "Man That Hung the Moon," by Brantley Gilbert
Lyrics you'll love: "And it won't be long / 'Til I hear, 'Daddy's home' and / Footsteps running to / The man that hung the moon"
74. "Right By You (for Luna)," by John Legend
Lyrics you'll love: "Sanctify your answer not your prayer / Oh, I will be there, yeah, I will be there"
75. "Sweetest Devotion," by Adele
Lyrics you'll love: "The sweetest devotion / Hit me like an explosion / All of my life, I've been frozen / The sweetest devotion I know"
R&B Father-Daughter Dance Songs
76. "Daddy," by Beyoncé
Lyrics you'll love: "You've given me such security / No matter what mistakes I make, you're there for me"
77. "One in a Million," by Larry Graham
Lyrics you'll love: "I was a lonely man with empty arms to fill / Then I found a piece of happiness to call my own"
78. "Dance With My Father," by Luther Vandross
Lyrics you'll love: "If I could get another chance / Another walk / Another dance with him / I'd play a song that would never ever end"
79. "Hero," by Mariah Carey
Lyrics you'll love: "And then a hero comes along / With the strength to carry on"
80. "Ballerina Girl," by Lionel Richie
Lyrics you'll love: "I'm so aware / Of how much I care for you / You are more than now / You are for always"
81. "Footprints in the Sand," by Leona Lewis
Lyrics you'll love: "I'll carry you when you need a friend / You'll find my footprints in the sand"
82. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Lyrics you'll love: "Ain't no mountain high enough / Ain't no valley low enough / Ain't no river wide enough / To keep me from gettin' to you, babe"
83. "Your Daddy Loves You," by Gil Scott-Heron
Lyrics you'll love: "Your daddy loves you / Say your daddy loves his girl, hey now"
84. "Babyfather," by Sade
Lyrics you'll love: "And so love grew a flower / A flower that is you / Your daddy knows you're a flame"
85. "You're a Big Girl Now," by The Stylistics
Lyrics you'll love: "You're a big girl now / No more daddy's little girl (Oh, ho, ho, ho)"
86. "Before I Let Go," by Beyoncé
Lyrics you'll love: "You know, I thank God sun rises and shines on you / You know there's nothing, nothin', nothin' I would not do, oh"
Upbeat Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Slow songs aren't for every father-daughter duo. Go for an upbeat song that'll get everyone on their feet. Consider a mashup of songs to surprise guests.
87. "The Way You Look Tonight," by Frank Sinatra
Lyrics you'll love: "And that laugh that wrinkles your nose / It touches my foolish heart"
88. "Isn't She Lovely," by Stevie Wonder
Lyrics you'll love: "I never thought through love, we'd be / Making one as lovely as she / But isn't she lovely? Made from love"
89. "Father and Daughter," by Paul Simon
Lyrics you'll love: "As long as one and one is two / There could never be a father who loved his daughter more than / I love you"
90. "My Girl," by The Temptations
Lyrics you'll love: "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day / When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May"
91. "She's a Rainbow," by The Rolling Stones
Lyrics you'll love: "She comes in colors everywhere / She combs her hair / She's like a rainbow"
92. "Wildflowers," by Tom Petty
Lyrics you'll love: "You belong among the wildflowers / You belong in a boat out at sea / You belong with your love on your arm"
93. "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)," by James Taylor
Lyrics you'll love: "How sweet it is to be loved by, feels so fine / How sweet it is to be loved by you"
94. "Come Fly With Me," by Frank Sinatra
Lyrics you'll love: "Once I get you up there, where the air is rarefied / We'll just glide, starry-eyed"
95. "Sweet Pea," by Amos Lee
Lyrics you'll love: "Sweet pea / Apple of my eye / Don't know when and I don't know why / You're the only reason I keep on coming home"
Slow Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If you want to keep things slow, pick a song from this list of mellow father-daughter jams. Your moment on the dance floor will shine with any of these choices—some are bittersweet, and others are iconic hits.
96. "A Song for My Daughter," by Ray Allaire
Lyrics you'll love: "I held you in my arms / You grew into a little girl / With lovely childhood charms"
97. "Butterfly Kisses," by Bob Carlisle
Lyrics you'll love: "From ribbons and curls / Trying her wings out in a great big world / But I remember"
98. "Always Be Your Baby," by Natalie Grant
Lyrics you'll love: "You are my hero / And that will never change"
99. "Because You Loved Me," by Céline Dion
Lyrics you'll love: "You were my strength when i was weak / You were my voice when I couldn't speak"
100. "When You Need Me," by Bruce Springsteen
Lyrics you'll love: "When you need me, call my name / 'Cause without you my life just wouldn't be the same"
101. "Dream," by Priscilla Ahn
Lyrics you'll love: "I had a dream / That I could fly from the highest tree / I had a dream"
102. "God Only Knows," by The Beach Boys
Lyrics you'll love: "God only knows what I'd be without you"
103. "Goodnight My Angel (Lullaby)," by Billy Joel
Lyrics you'll love: "And you should always know / Wherever you may go, no matter where you are / I never will be far away"