The Best Father-Daughter Dance Songs of All Time
Father-daughter dance songs need to hit all the right notes. The best dad-and-daughter dance song will be sweet, meaningful and great to dance to. You'll want to choose a heartfelt song about love that doesn't dip into romantic territory (although, if you do find a song you love with an iffy line, you can work with your musicians to cut it out). Whether you're looking for something emotional, upbeat or country, we promise there are tons of father-daughter wedding song picks for you. You might even find you and your dad already have a favorite song that's special to your relationship. Once you find a few of your favorite father-daughter dance songs, talk with your DJ or band about those options and see if they have any input.
To help inspire you, here are 63 beautiful father-daughter wedding songs to play for this sentimental dance, from Beyoncé to the Beatles. We've compiled timeless hits and modern chart-toppers to help you find the perfect tune. With any of these father-daughter dance songs, there won't be a dry eye in the house.
In this article:
- Slow Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- Upbeat Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- Country Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- Modern Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Slow Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If you and your dad want to keep things slow, pick a song from this list of mellow songs. Your moment on the dance floor will shine with any of these choices—some are bittersweet and others are iconic hits. Regardless of the song you choose, your dad will be thrilled to have his moment with you to the tune of any of these selections.
Editor's Pick: "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. Of all the most notable father-daughter dance songs, this one might top the list. A tear-jerker that's sure to touch everyone, this tune is a great choice to honor the moment your dad gets to share with you on your special day.
- "A Song for My Daughter" by Ray Allaire
- "Always Be Your Baby" by Natalie Grant
- "Daddy" by Beyoncé
- "Daddy's Little Girl" by Michael Bublé
- "Daughters" by John Mayer
- "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn
- "Forever" by The Beach Boys
- "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys
- "Lullaby" by Billy Joel
- "One in a Million" by Larry Graham
- "She's Leaving Home" by The Beatles
- "To Sir With Love" by Lulu
- "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
- "It Had to Be You" by Ray Charles
- "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Crocker
- "Your Song" by Elton John
- "Gracie" by Ben Folds
- "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins
- "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor
- "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright III
- "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac
Upbeat Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Slow songs aren't for every father-daughter duo. If you and your dad would rather have an exciting moment on the dance floor, go for an upbeat song that'll get everyone on their feet. (You can even consider a mashup of songs to surprise guests.) Below, we've rounded up our favorite upbeat father-daughter dance songs.
Editor's Pick: "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. It's impossible not to dance to this catchy tune. Your loved ones will have no choice but to sing and dance along with you and your dad to this classic hit. Though it may be a popular option, the meaning behind the song is endearingly touching—and it likely encompasses your dad's emotions.
- "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon
- "My Girl" by The Temptations
- "She's a Rainbow" by The Rolling Stones
- "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty
- "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor
- "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra
- "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra
- "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses
- "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee
- "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison
Country Father-Daughter Dance Songs
There's no denying some country songs pull at your heartstrings. If that's your preferred music genre, you'll adore any of these sentimental ballads. Here, find our favorite country father-daughter dance songs.
Editor's Pick: "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. You've likely heard this song before, but for good reason. This is one of the ultimate daddy-daughter songs for a number of reasons, one of which being that famed singer-songwriter Jeffrey Steele dedicated this song for his youngest daughter.
- "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney
- "Daddy Dance With Me" by Krystal Keith
- "Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn
- "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton
- "I Loved Her First" by Heartland
- "It Won't Be Like This for Long" by Darius Rucker
- "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
- "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks
- "Today I Give My Daughter Away" by Dale Watson & His Lone Stars
- "Wide Open Spaces" by the Dixie Chicks
- "You Are My Sunshine" by Johnny Cash
- "I'll Be There" by Josh Turner
- "Just Fishin'" by Trace Adkins
- "I'll Be Your Man" by Zac Brown Band
- "Daddy's Little Girl" by The Shires
Modern Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If you're a fan of chart-toppers, you'll love these current father-daughter wedding songs. You've likely heard a few of these on the radio or in movies and TV shows, meaning everyone will recognize them once you start dancing. If you've got modern music taste, these are the best father-daughter dance songs of 2020.
Editor's Pick: "Butterfly Fly Away" by Miley Cyrus. Though this ballad debuted in Hannah Montana: The Movie, there's nothing childish about it. Cyrus teamed up with her dad, Billy Ray, for this song about growing up and remembering all the small, special moments fathers and daughters share. If you want your guests to feel all the emotions during the father-daughter dance, this song is for you.
- "One Call Away" by Charlie Puth
- "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift
- "EmmyLou" by Vance Joy
- "I Lived" by OneRepublic
- "Ready Set Go" by Billy Ray Cyrus
- "Dance Like Yo Daddy" by Meghan Trainor
- "Moon River" by Frank Ocean
- "Glory" by Jay-Z ft. Blue Ivy
- "How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding