The 60 Best Wedding Exit Songs For Your Grand Departure
If you're looking to make a grand departure at your reception, you'll need a standout wedding exit song to play while you and your spouse leave as newlyweds. Whether you plan your departure under a bridge of sparklers or you envision something more subtle, your reception exit should be memorable and romantic.
Couples are going out of their way to make their reception exits uniquely personal. According to The Knot 2019 Real Weddings Study, which surveyed over 27,000 couples who got married in the past year, 30 percent of respondents had a "grand" reception exit. From fireworks to flashy getaway cars and even confetti tosses, there are so many ways to give your departure a personalized stamp—especially through your music. Making your reception playlist is one of the most exciting aspects of planning your nuptials. (These are the songs that define your love story, after all.) So when it comes to selecting a tune to accompany your newlywed send-off, you'll want to pick something that's unforgettable. Below, we've rounded up all of our favorite wedding exit songs to help you leave in style. From modern chart-toppers to classic wedding hits that everyone knows, these would all make excellent options for your reception departure.
In this article:
- Fun Wedding Exit Songs
- Modern Wedding Exit Songs
- Country Wedding Exit Songs
- Classic Wedding Exit Songs
Fun Wedding Exit Songs
Give your guests one last tune to enjoy with any of these fun wedding exit songs. Everyone will be dancing as you and your spouse head off into married life at the end of the night.
Editor's Pick: "Bye, Bye, Bye," *NSYNC. This hit is one of our favorite wedding exit song options because it's just as witty as it is iconic. Bonus points if you and your spouse learn the choreography to give your guests a true taste of the '90s.
- "Love on Top," Beyoncé
- "Evacuate the Dance Floor," Cascada
- "Closing Time," Semisonic
- "Countdown," Beyoncé
- "Paper Rings," Taylor Swift
- "Paradise," George Ezra
- "I Will Never Let You Down," Rita Ora
- "Sugar," Maroon 5
- "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do," ABBA
- "The Edge of Glory," Lady Gaga
- "Living on a Prayer," Bon Jovi
- "We Found Love," Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- "Love Me Like You Do," Ellie Goulding
- "We Are Young," Fun
Modern Wedding Exit Songs
Any of these chart-toppers would make for an unforgettable wedding exit song. All of your guests will sing along to the lyrics as your reception comes to a close.
Editor's Pick: "Cuz I Love You," Lizzo. This upbeat hit from Grammy Award-winner Lizzo is just as catchy as it is dramatic, making it a great option for couples who want to make an unforgettable exit. Just add a bridge of sparklers, and your reception will be one to remember.
- "Sucker," The Jonas Brothers
- "Forever," Justin Bieber and Post Malone
- "Imagine," Ariana Grande
- "What a Time," Julia Michaels and Niall Horan
- "Adore You," Harry Styles
- "Falling," Trevor Daniel
- "Somebody to You," The Vamps and Demi Lovato
- "I Can't Get Enough," Benny Blanco and Selena Gomez
- "Love Story," Taylor Swift
- "Glad You Came," The Wanted
- "End of the Day," One Direction
- "We Can't Stop," Miley Cyrus
- "Young Forever," Jay-Z
- "Faith," Galantis and Dolly Parton
Country Wedding Exit Songs
Want even more country music at your wedding? Say your goodbyes while one of these romantic ballads plays in the background. Your loved ones will cherish seeing you off to the tune of one of these country wedding exit songs.
Editor's Pick: "10,000 Hours," Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber. Pop icon Justin Bieber debuted this romantic song at his 2019 wedding to Hailey Baldwin, making it a sentimental option for any reception.
- "Love is a Wild Thing," Kacey Musgraves
- "Look What God Gave Her," Thomas Rhett
- "The Bones," Maren Morris
- "Legends," Kelsea Ballerini
- "You Make it Easy," Jason Aldean
- "The Rest of Our Life," Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
- "Millionaire," Chris Stapleton
- "Good as You," Kane Brown
- "You Look So Good in Love," George Strait
- "Greatest Love Story," LANCO
- "Gone, Gone, Gone," Phillip Phillips
- "Unforgettable," Thomas Rhett
- "I Will Always Love You," Dolly Parton
- "Bless the Broken Road," Rascal Flatts
Classic Wedding Exit Songs
Toast to the end of the evening with these classic wedding exit songs. They're no-fail options for a wedding party—some are romantic, some are upbeat—and all are excellent options to say goodbye to your wedding day.
Editor's Pick: "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)," Natalie Cole. There's no better way to end the evening than with a song that honors your love story. There won't be a dry eye in the house when you and your spouse depart with this as your wedding exit song.
- "Save the Last Dance For Me," Michael Bublé
- "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye," Steam
- "Come Fly With Me," Frank Sinatra
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," Queen
- "All My Loving," The Beatles
- "Beautiful Day," U2
- "What a Wonderful World," Louis Armstrong
- "You Shook Me All Night Long," AC/DC
- "Amazed," Lonestar
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)," Stevie Wonder
- "We Are Family," Sister Sledge
- "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)," The Proclaimers
- "Somewhere Only We Know," Keane
- "I Got You Babe," Sonny & Cher