How to Plan a Permanent Jewelry Party for a Bonding Bachelorette Moment
Searching for a unique bachelorette party idea for your upcoming celebration? Include a permanent jewelry party in your weekend activities. Permanent jewelry is available in bracelets, anklets, necklaces and more. The piece is welded together and is designed to last for as long as you want to wear it. Whether you go for matching styles or individual designs, this fun bachelorette party craft is a sweet way to bring you and your crew together. Every time you look at your jewelry you'll remember the fun you had during your bachelorette party. Plus, you can show it off together at the to-be-wed's upcoming wedding. Find out more about this popular jewelry trend, where to book your appointment and how to throw a permanent jewelry party your bachelorette guests will love.
In this story:
What Is Permanent Jewelry?
Permanent jewelry is jewelry you can't take off and put back on. The custom piece has no clasp and is instead welded shut for a seamless look. Meant for everyday wear, many retailers also offer the option of adding personalization with charms, initials and gems. Host a permanent jewelry party as a sweet way to commemorate your bachelorette party and bond with your guests.
How Does Permanent Jewelry Work?
Book an appointment for your permanent jewelry party, then browse the selection and pick out your jewelry and charms. Once you're professionally measured for the perfect fit the jewelry is placed on your body and welded together. This quick and painless process takes just a few minutes and then you're all done.
Types of Permanent Jewelry
Permanent jewelry isn't limited to bracelets, which is the most popular option. You and your bachelorette party guests have a choice of several jewelry types.
- Ear Accessories
Where to Find Permanent Jewelry Near You
Search for retailers that offer permanent jewelry near you or your bachelorette party location. Browse the online selection to make sure they carry the type of jewelry you and your guests want before booking an appointment.
- Link x Lou: Link x Lou's permanent jewelry business is available via pop-up shops and private parties in more than 60 cities across the US. Options include permanent bracelets, necklaces, anklets and rings. The custom-fit jewelry is available in 14k white and yellow gold.
- Catbird: Catbird permanent bracelets come in a variety of chains in yellow or white gold. Add up to three charms or diamonds for a personalized look. Located in New York, Massachusetts and California, the business has worked with permanent jewelry since 2017.
- Claire's: Host your permanent jewelry party at one of the most well-known retailers for jewelry. You'll find Claire's permanent jewelry at more than 30 select stores across the country. Choose from nine chain styles and several charm options.
- Banter: Banter by Piercing Pagoda offers permanent jewelry for your bachelorette crew at more than 150 locations. Select your permanent bracelet from eight chain styles and 12 charm options in 14k gold.
- Astrid & Miyu: Though this brand is based in the UK, Astrid & Miyu has options near you for US-based brides. The jeweler, who's renowned for its commitment to sustainability, bracelet welding studio in NYC's Nolita neighborhood.
How Much Is Permanent Jewelry?
Permanent jewelry cost ranges from around $55 to more than $300. Jewelry type, quality of the metal and embellishments all play a factor in the cost. Don't forget to include these prices into your bachelorette party cost if you plan to foot the bill, or pass the pricing information along to your guests ahead of time. On average price ranges include:
- Rings: $55 - $80
- Bracelets: $75 - $350
- Anklets: $175 - $230
- Necklaces: $175 - $375
How Long Does Permanent Jewelry Last?
Permanent jewelry lasts for as long as you want to wear it. Usually made of 10k or 14k gold, the durable material can withstand everyday wear. When you're ready to remove it, a pair of scissors will usually do the trick. You can always have it rewelded later for a small fee.
How to Plan a Permanent Jewelry Party for Your Bachelorette
From planning your budget to receiving your jewelry, add these steps to your bachelorette party planning checklist. Here's what you need to know to plan a successful permanent jewelry party.
Plan Your Budget and Discuss with Guests
Before booking your permanent jewelry party, decide if you'll pay for the jewelry as the party host, or if each guest will pay for their own. If your bachelorette party guests are purchasing their jewelry themselves, discuss the cost of this service to make sure everyone is on board. You may also choose to partially pay for the service to help offset the cost.
Book Your Appointment
Once you have your final headcount, book the appointment for your permanent jewelry party. Depending on the retailer, you have the option to host your event in the store or book a private party. Update your guest count as soon as possible if there are any changes before your appointment.
Choose Your Jewelry Type
Decide as a group if you'll each get matching permanent bracelets, permanent anklets, or another jewelry type. Or if you'll each choose your own piece independently. Make this decision before you arrive at your party location so everyone is on the same page and the appointment goes smoothly.
Relax and Bond With Your Guests
When you arrive at your permanent jewelry party location all that's left to do is relax. Have fun with your best friends as you pick out jewelry, receive your custom fit and take turns at the welding station. Don't forget to get a few photos of everyone with their new bling.