Beat Train Productions

Serving Boston, NYC, and the Tri-State Area

Dynamic DJs for your wedding....!

Beat Train Productions is a Boston and Brooklyn based boutique DJ firm. We’ve built our reputation on providing dynamic DJs that deliver style, sophistication, quality, reliability, versatility, professionalism, and experience, to help bring your event to the next level. Serving New York, New England, the Tri-State area, and beyond.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving Boston, NYC, and the Tri-State Area, Cambridge, MA Serving Boston, NYC, and the Tri-State Area (617) 453-8821

peace of mind and a kick ass time!

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Kristy T

Ari and Beat Train Productions went above and beyond to keep our party moving, set the tone ( and not a boisterous blue tuxedo top 40 tone) and set our mind at ease as our wedding entertainment. Ari has impeccable taste and an extensive knowledge of music. He had the ability... Read More to keep the party going and please a cross section of personalities and ages without having to bore you or play the predictable wedding tunes. He pleased our Sanatra loving grandparents and our snobby indie music industry friends. In addition to his skill Ari was the most professional and responsive vendor in our entire wedding process. Every phone call and email was returned without a second thought, our paperwork was in my inbox before i came home from our meetings with him and he was set up and playing our cocktail hour before i had a second to think if he was all set found the place or had electricity. What more could a bride ask for? On top of all this Ari used his crowd control skills to put out a fire at our wedding. One of our guests had an accident during the first dance song of the evening and an ambulance had to be called. There was a chance that the night could continue two ways, the vibe died and everyone settled into a morose worrisome cocktail hour, or the party could be started up again. Ari not only got the party started up again but it went so strong so long that there was literally a chant for one more song at the end of the night. Our friends and family not wanting to leave the dance floor was all the sign we needed that the night was a success, the accident was an afterthought, and everyone had a great time. I would recommend Ari and Beat Train Productions to any bride looking for a little more depth and selection in their music than the off the shelf top 40 DJ and to work with a vendor that is totally reliable, professional, self sufficient...oh yeah and a really nice guy to boot.

Great DJ's!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013 Heidi A

We worked with Seth, and he was amazing! Our planning was stress-free as we live out of town but were able to plan via email and Skype, and Seth did a wonderful job understanding the songs and styles we liked so that it really felt like OUR wedding. Great people to work with and... Read More great party!

Beat Train Production

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Jamie W

We recently got married in October and had Nick from Beat Train Productions as our DJ. Ari one of the owners sets up a call with each person as a consultation and did a great job of listening to what we wanted in a DJ and fitting us with a great DJ in our budget. Nick was also... Read More great. He was always in contact with me and set up a Skype session a month before the wedding to get all the details in line. This was especially important as we currently live in Wisconsin and were getting married outside of Boston so having a way to meet with them without heading out to Massachusetts to do it was more than important especially with me being a planner. They were more than accommodating. The day of the wedding we got nothing but complements about Nick's music choices and his professionalism. Everyone from my 92 year old grandmother to my high school friends loved him! All in all Nick helped to make our wedding day awesome! Nick was also super flexible with the schedule allowing us to visit with our guests and complete things like the father and daughter dance and cake cutting when we wanted to which was nice because we didn't need to stress about time lines. I would highly recommend Beat Train productions and especially Nick to anyone!

Best wedding DJ I have ever seen

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Mark H

Seth Isaacs is the best wedding DJ I have ever seen, hands down. Love it when a DJ plays 10 seconds of a song to see if the crowd responds, and if not, moves on. He kept the dance floor packed all night - with our 60 year old aunts and uncles and our younger friends, often... Read More at the same time. (Our wedding guests are amazingly fun people too of course - but Seth led the party.) We got him on a friends' recommendation which was spot on. The whole process was excellent - speakers and equipment he brought sounded great, he was easy to work with and was well-organized. Sign this guy up, you will be satisfied.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Caroline O

Ari and Beat Train Productions were amazing and we are so glad we chose them! They were very thorough in gaining an understanding of what type of environment we were looking for and they nailed it! Ari and the whole team is very professional and a pleasure to work with. We... Read More wish we could do it all again and would use them in a heartbeat. Thank you Ari for making our wedding the best time ever!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Eric M

We had Nick as our DJ in Boston and we couldn't have been more happy with our decision. He was friendly, helpful and responsive during the planning stage and was quite simply the best DJ we could've asked for during our reception. He is very knowledgable about all types of... Read More music and you can immediately tell that he loves music and people. He was also very accommodating and helpful with some very specific song requests and helping us find a version of our first dance song that we liked. Most importantly, he knows how to read a crowd and play the right music to get everyone dancing. Its difficult to think of a wedding that either of us have been to with a more lively dance floor - and that is all thanks to Nick. If he's available HIRE HIM. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nicole S

We had Sam T. as our DJ and he was wonderful! He made it a point to understand exactly the vibe we were going for and delivered on all of our requests. He even kept track of the timeline better than our own day of coordinator did! He was great at reading the crowd to make sure... Read More everyone was having a good time.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Alicia H

The music was one of the easiest components of the wedding planning process. Sam was great a communicating from the start. We had multiple Skype calls with Sam and were unable to meet him until the wedding day. Throughout our Skype calls, Sam was very organized, diligent and... Read More ready to help. We sent him a few of our Spotify playlists and he was able to incorporate a mix of our favorites but also took initiative to add his personal touch. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and Sam listened to all of our requests. There was a nice mix for the entire crowd (playing some classics to today’s hits) just like we asked. We have several friends getting married this year, and many have asked who our DJ was. We would highly recommend Sam.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Amanda S

Our wedding day was perfect and Beat Train was a big contribution to that. Music was a very important part of the day for us and our DJ, Seth Isaacs, delivered throughout. We read Beat Train reviews on Wedding Wire and Yelp and the thing that stood out to us the most was that... Read More the DJs had club experience and they weren’t just for weddings. We also liked that their goal was to not inject too much DJ personality into the wedding or be the center of the attention. After contacting Beat Train and getting a list of DJs available for our date, we were able to use their website to listen to sample mixes and announcement videos from each one and pick the best fit for us. Our wedding was in Rhode Island but Seth was able to meet us in the Boston area beforehand and he had no problem traveling to our venue for the day. Seth was flexible in meeting us in-person twice, once before we booked and once just before the wedding. In between, Seth was available by phone and email (and meeting if we wanted) and answered all our questions. At each meeting, Seth took notes and offered us guidance and advice. We used Seth for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had debated using a live musician for the ceremony and maybe cocktail hour, but we didn’t miss it. Beat Train provided a wedding planner document to fill out prior to the wedding, which we discussed with Seth at our second meeting. Because Seth was providing sound for so many aspects of our day, we had very specific song selections and instructions on when to play certain songs and for how long. We were worried this may have been too much detail but Seth nailed every request from the ceremony to the introductions to the official dances. For the ceremony, Seth’s sound system and microphones sounded great and everyone was able to hear clearly. He also coordinated with other vendors to ensure we had everything covered and that the videographer could get the audio they needed. We gave Seth a list of artists and songs that we liked for the cocktail hour and dinner and he created a custom genre for each. The vibe he created was exactly what we were looking for and several friends told us they loved the cocktail hour. For the dance party, he kept the music flowing and kept everyone dancing all night. An important detail for us was the song mixing and Seth did a great job. There were no gaps or lulls and he nailed all the transitions. Seth also did a great job of selecting songs from a large list of "maybe plays" we gave him while still reading the crowd and playing his own selections. Lastly, even though he DJs so many weddings, it seemed like he was still into the music and having a great time at ours. He had a very important role for us and we can’t thank him enough for contributing to our perfect day!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Michelle M

This review is dedicated to Mr. DJ Sam!!! I don't know how to put into words how amazing, talented and thankful we are for Sam Turner. Working with Sam was THE BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process. From a planning perspective, he was extremely personable, on top... Read More of his game, hilarious and reassuring. We completely trusted him and we knew we were in excellent hands. I told Sam that I wanted the music to feel like the worlds greatest jukebox and he killed it!! We danced all night long!! One song would play and we would lose our minds and then he'd follow it with another and we would lose our minds...but for the entire night! Our guests that night and still to this day talk about the music. Even the caterer asked for Sam's contact information and said how insane the music was and they attend weddings everyday, so TRUST. From the cocktail hour (which the guests came out to Chance the Rapper! SAM! amazing), to the song I danced down the aisle to, first dance, reception, every moment! Thank you, Sam for making our day so memorable. You made our day! You're very talented and we feel so lucky to have worked with you. Thank you also to Beat Train, super nice and easy to work with. But just one more time, thank you, Sam! You're the best!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016

Our DJ for our big day was Sam Turner and he definitely nailed it. He had everyone dancing and cheering the entire time of our reception. After speaking to him for the first 5 minutes of meeting with him my husband and I felt comfortable enough to say lets just wing it. Sam had... Read More a great sense in what kind of music we both wanted for our wedding day and he did an awesome job. My friends are still saying this is the best wedding they have every been too. Thank you Sam for making this day so special and I hope to do another event with you in the near future. If anyone is looking for a great DJ Sam is def your Man!!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016

Sam @ Beat Train Production -- is a great DJ, worth every penny Multiple people commented on the DJ playing great music, but also reading the room to recognize when people were loving a song or were ready for the next song Highly recommend him for your Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Max X

Our goals for the night: no trap music, keep the dance floor packed, and make sure speeches/announcements flowed seamlessly. Seth was amazing and we received many requests for our playlist (sorry y'all, you gotta hire a professional like we did!). Pre-wedding worksheet with... Read More suggested genres was super helpful, as well as "do not play" list to rule out certain songs. When your mother-in-law and college buddies are both happy with the music, you know you've found a good DJ. I highly recommend DJ Seth!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Ryan L

Our whole experience working with Beat Train was great. We picked Elissa to DJ our wedding and she was great to work with through the whole process. We had a few video conferences planning sessions with her and she was prompt to respond to all emails including giving... Read More recommendations and coordinating directly with our venue to make sure everything was perfect the day of. The day of ended up great, she ended up playing alot of our recommendations mixed with a selection of other music that matched our taste perfectly. We received many compliments on how great a mix it was and she did a great emcee as well. Highest recommendation for both Beat Train and Elissa

Reviewed on 11/21/2016

We worked with Jeff Durand from Beat Train Productions for our wedding on 9/4/2016. He was awesome! Jeff was extremely flexible and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. He also provided excellent guidance to help us plan the music and logistics for our big day.... Read More Jeff also shared some beneficial advice on all of the details such as the entrance/exit, ceremony ideas, timing, logistics, etc. The guidance he provided was invaluable. His music choices and timing on our wedding day were also spot on and he kept the party moving all night long. All of our guests were up and dancing from the jump and they all commented on how great Jeff and the music was. Jeff accommodated all suitable request and made sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Overall, he was extremely detail oriented, responsive and handled himself in a very professional manner. I would highly recommend Jeff Durand and Beat Train Productions for your wedding and/or any other type of function.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kaitlin M

We worked with Nick F. for our wedding on 8/5/2016. He was AMAZING! Extremely knowledgable about music and gave us some really great tips on entrance/exit, ceremony ideas etc. He met with us twice before the big day to go over all the details, which as a detail-obsessed,... Read More over-analyzing bride, I really appreciated. Also, he knows how to read the crowed and keep the party going all night! Thanks Nick!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Margaret L

Beat Train was fantastic. They were very easy to work with, scheduling calls and helped us pick a great DJ for our wedding. Seth was absolutely perfect. He was easy to reach via email and was very flexible scheduling a time to talk on the phone before the big day. We didn't have... Read More much of a plan for the music, except that we wanted our reception to be a fun dance party and boy did Seth deliver! Everyone (young and older) spent the entire reception on the dance floor and had a great time! Seth did a superb job playing music everyone liked, and also cut down our first dance and parent dance times just as we requested. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Michael P

We recently got married in August and my main job was finding the DJ. I am a huge music nerd so picking the right DJ was the most important thing for me. I thought it was going to be a daunting task to try and find the right DJ, especially because we had a destination wedding,... Read More until I found Beat Train Productions. I knew from the moment I saw the website that this company was legit. All of their DJ's are top notch, and after reading all of the bio's I knew that DJ Jeff Durand was the guy for us. Jeff is a serious DJ that lives and breathes music. Not only is he extremely talented, he is a wedding music expert. He truly understands how the music at a wedding should flow. He has great taste in all music genres and his level of professionalism is something that we were instantly drawn to. Since we were out of town planning this wedding, we were able to Skype with Jeff to go over the details of the music. He was such a pleasure to work with and made the planning the music such a breeze. After our very first Skype meeting, I had complete confidence that he would treat us to a truly memorable night. He could totally read what vibe we were looking for when it came to the music at the wedding. What we loved most about working with Jeff was he was a pro at getting people out of their chairs and grooving on the dance floor. He played everything from Motown classics to early hip-hop and everything in between. Everyone from the younger crowd to our grandparents were telling us how much fun they had on the dance floor. Jeff truly created a magical night for everyone at our wedding. I highly recommended working with Beat Train Productions and booking your next event with Jeff Durand.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Alexis S

Greg was the best DJ any Bride and Groom could ask for! We got married in September and people are still reaching out to us telling us it was the best music at any wedding they have ever been to! The dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! at one point my husband and I looked around... Read More and not one person was sitting down. Greg also helped keep us on schedule since we didn't have a coordinator, don't know how we would have got through the night without him. I am going to recommend him/his company to everyone I know. Working with him was great, we were able to meet with him before the wedding to discuss music and timelines which helped me feel at ease with the whole process. I could go on and on for hours about how amazing he was. I will definitely be reaching out to Beat Train in the future for any functions that I may need a DJ for! :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Meghann F

JEFFREY DURAND…that is all. Wedding planning is not only overwhelming but really difficult. You want to create an experience for your guests that will "WOW" them. At the beginning of the planning process, I thought the music was going to be the hardest part to organize. My... Read More husband and I have two very different types of taste, so I knew finding a DJ we BOTH liked would be extremely difficult. I came across Beat Train Production during my search for a DJ. Like every other bride I was on a budget. We set aside $2000 for our DJ, as the Music is one of top two most important details in a wedding. From the beginning, Beat Train Productions WOWed us! They have, hands down the best website. I was able to listen to samples of each of the DJ’s, see a promo video of them “performing” in a wedding environment and other various facts about each of them. This is where I knew Jeffrey Durand was our guy. His demo video not only stood out, but was exactly what I was looking for in our wedding DJ. DJ Jeffy D (my nickname for the best DJ ever) changed my opinions of how hard finding a DJ would be the first time I talked to him. He was literally the most exciting, most easy going "I've got this" type of guy. He explained the process from start to finish; filled us in on what works best and what doesn’t; shared stories and ideas from his past experiences, but most importantly he took time to get to know US. He asked US questions about who we are and what we like. When either of us had a concern about certain songs working together, he took time to explain how the mixing process worked, and even gave us examples. Fast forward through the easy process of getting him a list of songs (he also let us use his Spotify to coordinate songs) and payment options, to the wedding. Along with conversations leading up to the wedding, Jeff showed up to the wedding super stylish and very professional. I did not have a worry in the world. Even when my MIL changed the Mother/Groom song the morning of, everything ran so smoothly. With Jeff’s mixing style and fillers, Jeff had the dance floor packed…literally, ALL.NIGHT.LONG. His theory of “blocking” and suggestions of when to lay what genres is GENIUS. (If you don’t know what I am talking about let him sit down with you and explain it.) There was not a point during the whole reception that the dancefloor was empty! It was amazing. HE was AMAZING! And even get into a selfie stick video with me!!!  There is a saying, “You get what you pay for”. That certainly is not the case here. We got so much more. Jeff is extremely fun, cares about you and your vision, and was so easy to work with. The comments from guests at my wedding about the music and the DJ have not stopped coming! I would highly recommend Jeff Durand for any event! Truly amazing!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Laura S

We worked with Seth for our September wedding in Provincetown, MA. He was great! We are based in NYC and thus actually didn't get a chance to meet him until the day of! This would have caused much more concern if Seth hadn't been so attentive and available by phone in the... Read More weeks/months leading up to our wedding. After a fairly lengthy talk a couple weeks before the wedding day, we felt confident that everything would go smoothly. And it did. As far as the (all-important) music, Seth was extremely receptive to our expectations -- he definitely hit all our "must play" songs and stayed away from our "do not play"s. We may have gone overboard when listing our "maybe play" songs -- that is, songs that we really liked, listed with the goal of giving Seth an idea of our overall taste -- but it was clear that Seth had a great feel for our vibe and would have succeeded even without much direction. (Note: Beat Train Productions provided all sorts of helpful forms, so we weren't re-creating the wheel when conveying our preferences and vision for the day.) On the day of our wedding, Seth was a treat to work with and was very much in control (a reassuring presence, given the stress of the day). We wanted to emphasize dancing in our reception, and sure enough, the dance floor was packed for hours on end. If Seth is any indication, these people really know what they're doing! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carolyn E

Joel Ortsman DJ’d our wedding in September in Brooklyn and did an awesome job! My husband and I both enjoyed working with him so much, from the first correspondence up through to the very end of the wedding. He was prompt to respond to my emails throughout the planning process... Read More and quickly got what we wanted for our music. From the cocktail hour to the dinner to the reception, the music selection was perfect. He was super accommodating even when we decided at the last(ish) minute that we wanted a “throwback R&B” cocktail hour. Guests loved it. The reception music made for a great dance party. It was a perfect mix of throw-back pop hits, hip hop and absolutely nothing cheesy (a priority for us!). Joel had a great demeanor during the wedding, he was assertive, but not at all pushy. He did a great job announcing toasts, first dances, etc and overall kept us all on schedule. Joel was organized, timely and professional. He brought the equipment we needed (included mics and a guitar cord). Overall, he was a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Joel, and also Beat Train overall. They were easy to work with, responsive, and professional.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Halley G

Nick Ferrington came recommended to us by a co-worker and we are so glad he did!! We got married in September and Nick really made the wedding amazing. The DJ sets the tone for the entire wedding and people are still telling me how much fun they had at ours! The dance floor was... Read More packed the whole night and we really had a great time. Nick was also really easy to work with. He even offered some great suggestions in regards to our schedule for the evening, ensuring that everything ran smoothly. I cannot think of a more perfect DJ for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle H

I had such a great experience with Beat Train Productions, and I highly recommend them! Elissa was amazing from start to finish. We Face Timed a couple of times before the wedding in order to get to know her a little bit, and this allowed her to get to know our personalities and... Read More musical tastes. We submitted a complete list of the songs we wanted played for each moment of the wedding day. She totally knew how to read the crowd and select the perfect songs for each moment. The dance floor was packed all night long. I happen to think the music is the most important aspect of a good party, and you will not be disappointed if you select Beat Train. Thanks, Elissa!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Juliet M

We really enjoyed working with Elissa to throw a party that reflected us while still being very-much crowd pleasing. She was prompt and easy to communicate with, super reliable, made planning fun, and when we hit road blocks or had no idea what to do for certain things (wedding... Read More party procession music, for example) she always was able to point us in the right direction! We got many comments and compliments from our friends and family what a great mix she played throughout the night. Would highly recommend her for anyone with a range of music tastes or preferences!