Cuisine

American, Greek, Latin American

Buffet, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

35 Walker Street, PIttsburgh, PA (412) 608-8007

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Danielle D

I can't even put into words how AMAZING hazelnut catering is. Nick is the BEST. He really works with you on your wants and needs and makes sure your day is flawless. We had RAVING reviews from our guests on the amazing, delicious dinner we had at our wedding. Nick works so hard,... Read More as well as his staff, to make sure he doesn't miss a beat. He truly takes care of his clients and i HIGHLY recommend him for everyone. If you are looking for a relaxed, stress free process - BOOK HAZELNUT! If not, you are missing out!! We are so pleased and thankful for Nick & his team!!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I can honestly say that Hazelnut Catering provided us with not only a delicious meal but most importantly we found Nick and all of his staff to set the bar by which all other's should be rated. Nick and his staff catered my son's wedding and made for an evening that we'll never... Read More forget. Again I'd like this opportunity to thank Nick and his staff for all their hard work and attention to details that helped make this night so special! Give him a call, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Whitney R

Nick and his team from Hazelnut Catering did an amazing job for our wedding. Nick is so easy to work with and is such a nice person. The food was awesome and the staff was very helpful, friendly and kind. I received many compliments from guests that loved the food ! Some even... Read More commented that it was the best wedding food they have had!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 April M

Nick, the owner, is great to work with. He is super flexible and easygoing. It seemed strange that he did not require us to sign any contract, but he came through with everything he promised and more. The food at our wedding reception was amazing. Out of all details that went... Read More into planning our wedding, we got the most compliments on the food from guests. Our shuttle bus coming from the hotel to the reception was over an hour late, and Nick quickly checked in with us and came up with a new schedule. He and his staff adjusted timing for dinner etc., and everything continued to run smoothly thanks to his help.

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

This is a new caterer we started to use recently. We have tried the following: wraps, sandwiches, salads, fruit salad, drinks, hot foods: chicken, rice, veggies and fish. They were all divine and everyone at our office gave them outstanding positive comments. They have always... Read More been on time or early. They also have texting available, which makes it convenient when you have a quick question. We still use them for some of our events I would recommend them to everyone and anyone.

Fantastic Food!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Katherine M

My venue (Morning Glory Inn) had a limited list of caterers to select from - which is perfect for me, because I'm often overwhelmed when I have tons of options. Owner & chef Nick invited my mother and me to meet him at his home, which is where he does all of his cooking. It was... Read More immediately clear that he was comfortable with our venue, took a no-fuss approach to making and serving food, and was willing to work with us to create a great menu. I knew after that meeting that I wanted him to cater my wedding. Our venue is designed for food stations and informal seated/standing dining, so Nick assured us that all dishes would be "fork-friendly." We had chicken, beef filet, and scallop kebabs; two salads; grilled marinated veggies; mac & cheese with chorizo and gouda (a nod to my husband's love of mac & cheese); and a mashed potato bar (a nod to my childhood obsession with stuffed potato skins). There were also light appetizers served before the ceremony. There truly was something for everyone, and we got so many compliments on the food! For anyone that's planned events before, or who is in the thick of wedding prep, it might seem a little unsettling that Nick does not require a formal contract or down payment for his services. It certainly isn't the norm, but on our wedding day he showed up with all the staff and food that we had discussed, so we can't complain! I really enjoyed working with Nick - he was responsive to our questions and put up with a lot of phone calls from my mother in the months leading up to our wedding. And, in the end, my guests and I were wowed by his food. Thank you, Nick!

Yummy in the tummy!

Reviewed on 3/01/2013 Randi F

The food that Hazelnut Catering supplied was sooooo good! I have never been to a wedding and enjoyed the food so much! The owner, Nick, was so helpful and put up with my numerous menu changes! Two thumbs up!

more than i could ask for

Reviewed on 1/19/2012 Meghan D

i think that Nick saved my life, and my wedding. for a bride that needed to have everything planned out in advance and every penny pinched Nick was exactly the person i needed to balance and calm the storm. He was professional and delivered the most amazing food at a budget... Read More that we could afford. The food was so amazing that my guests are still talking about it months later. And to me that is the best compliment that we could have ever asked for. Good food at an event is so important to us and we feel that Nick and Hazelnut really raised the elegance of our event with a fantastic menu. thank you thank you thank you.

Our Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Vionna J

Hazelnut Catering contributed greatly to our perfect wedding. We planned our wedding in just three weeks, and Nick was able to put together a meal that everyone enjoyed and fit into our budget. I am just sorry that I moved to slow to get seconds! :)