Austin's Best All-Inclusive Wedding Photographers!

Congratulations on your engagement! Weddings are the best thing ever and we love being a part of a couple's celebration. Winner of KVUE's "Best Wedding Photographer in Austin" and 4 time Best of the Knot, we have proven ourselves the hardest working shooters in the industry. We're obsessed with not just capturing you looking awesome, but BEING awesome on your big day. Take the stress out of photos and enjoy your moments, we'll make the art. Our limited dates book quickly so contact us for availability as early as you can. Have a wonderful day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

2203 Pompton, Austin, TX Central Texas (512) 632-9688

Loved J. Bell! So great to work with!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Mycah H

I found J. Bell photography online and after reading reviews and a phone conversation I booked him. He got great reviews and he had a great package deal I couldn't pass up. Our package came with all day photographer coverage (2 photographers) on our wedding day (which started at... Read More 11am and went past 11pm), an engagement photo session, and then a choice of another photo session (bridals, boudoir, rehearsal dinner) AND on top of those 3 photo sessions, it also came with a photobooth set up for the wedding, all photo booth props included. I had completely forgotten about my 3rd photo session until a month before the wedding and I wanted to do a mixture of bridal boudoir, but I had two problems, 1.) I wasn't going to have my wedding dress ready early enough for bridals, and 2.) We live in Houston so the only weekend I had free, J. Bell had prior commitments for another photo session (which is understandable given my one week notice) so I decided to book the last photo session for the rehearsal dinner, which was GREAT! But what was even better is that the day of the wedding, J. Bell made it a point to carve out time for a little boudoir and bridal session. During our engagement photo session my husband and I voiced how we weren't good at being cheesy for good candid shot, but he made us feel so comfortable and made us laugh constantly naturally for some great shots. His wife was his partner on our wedding day and oh my gosh, they make the BEST team. They are hysterical and made it so enjoyable. They work so well together and can put a smile on anyone's face. Loved working with them!

More Than We Asked For

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

J and his team went above and beyond at every stage. In planning, he asked us a lot of questions that we didn't know we needed to have an answer to. It saved us a lot of headache. At the wedding, he surprised us with a gorgeous print from our engagement session. The album he... Read More gave us was so awesome- he over-delivered since the day we met. A lot of stuff goes way wrong on your wedding day and I think a lot of ours was saved by our photographer. He's that good, hire him.

2013-10-18T14:49:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We love what we do because we get to meet new friends like you guys.

Professional and Fun

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

J is great! We didn't have a game plan for what we were really looking for so we let him do what he wanted and it turned out to be a great idea. We love our first look shots and the sillier stuff they caught with our friends at the reception. Awesome photo booth, professional... Read More as they get and incredibly talented with a camera. Thumbs up-

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Christie W

J and Hannah make a great team and were wonderful to work with! My husband and I really wanted to have our engagement pictures done in College Station and J was more than happy to travel there for us. He did an amazing job with capturing the beauty of A&M's campus to create the... Read More most perfect background for our photos! On the day of, J and Hannah were amazing! They moved throughout the venue capturing all of the details of the reception hall as well as were in the suites with us to make sure to get pictures of us getting ready. Their attention to detail was stunning! I am a very type A person and they graciously followed my plans as well as helped me relax and be flexible with the schedule. Hannah was wonderful with calming my nerves leading up to walking down the aisle! They captured so many beautiful ceremony pictures and a lot of fun candid moments from the reception and the photo booth was a hit! I am so in love with my sneak peek and I cannot wait to get the rest!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Julie D

Do you ever look at wedding pictures and get jealous because you want yours to look like that too? Thanks to J and Hannah, my new husband and I have those pictures. This power couple is incredible. J did our engagement pictures a year before the wedding and was very easy to work... Read More with and really helped make the process easier. They are very reasonably priced and include everything, even their photo booth. For the wedding, both Hannah and J showed up before 10am and stayed with us until the party ended at midnight. Hannah was a blast to hang out with during hair and makeup and the boys had a great time with J as well. They captured every moment, even down to the cake in my eyelashes. We have started to get the pictures back and they are more than incredible. I can’t stop looking at them.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Kelley S

It doesn't get any better than this folks. Top notch service, quality and an overall amazing experience. J and his wife make a great duo, they're both extremely passionate about what they do and it shows in all of their work. They go beyond the call of duty to make sure that... Read More you not only get amazing photos but also that you have an amazing time at your wedding. Our initial meeting with J lasted roughly an hour, J spent that time getting to know us as well as understanding exactly what we were looking for in our engagement and wedding photos. Don't worry though, if you're not sure what you want J is full of helpful suggestions. During our engagement photo's J spent hours with us in the 100+ degree heat (my wife insisted on engagement photos in August). During that time we never felt rushed or pressured, instead we found ourselves feeling very relaxed - the focus was definitely on us and on what we wanted. Having J and his wife on our wedding day was more like having a couple of long time friends around rather than just another wedding vendor. Their awesome personalities and extreme helpfulness put us at ease during an otherwise stressful occasion. Hannah (J's wife) even sewed a button back onto my wife's dress after it popped off and J was helping out where needed (for example he helped put material on the wedding arch to make sure it would be perfect for photos). These two are very experienced, the price is amazing considering everything that you get. All of J's responses to my wife's many emails were very thorough and thoughtfully written out. We could not have asked for a better photographer (if you couldn't tell by this long review). We highly recommend J. Bell's Photography service, 5 stars all the way!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Stephanie P

J and Hannah are so awesome! I got lucky with them. Not only was their price in my budget, but they included a photo booth (which was a huge hit,) and the pictures look AMAZING! They went above and beyond what we asked for on our shot list, and came up with some creative shots... Read More that are very Pinterest worthy, if you will. They were fun to work with and even sacrificed shooting in the rain to get some epic and memorable photos. Hannah also helped with me with little day of emergencies, like getting lipstick on my dress before the ceremony. J knows what he is doing esthetically, creatively, and professionally, which is exactly what we needed. Even though I haven’t gotten all of the photos back, I already know each one will be beautiful. They deserve 10 stars for their work!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Laura T

The dynamic duo of J and Hannah Bell did our engagement photos, bridal portrait and wedding day photos, and the experience was amazing! They are so easy and pleasant to work with. Our photographs are beyond gorgeous. I can't recommend them highly enough - they are... Read More outstanding!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Milonie P

J. and Hannah are a good husband/wife team - great working chemistry, outgoing, and friendly. We chose them as our photographers for our fusion Indian-American wedding which took place 6 months ago. When I met J. he had not photographed an Indian wedding like ours, but I liked... Read More his photography style and met him a couple times before the wedding to go over the day-of timeline and photo expectations. He also photographed our meet and greet party the night before our wedding. J. included a third photographer last minute to make sure that all of the moments at our events would be captured. That being said, the three stars is for the personality, being flexible the day-of, and *quality* of culled images that we received. We were very disappointed with J's services for a number of reasons: First and foremost, J. was late in producing our photos within the given timeframe established in our contract. 4 weeks late. And the communication was unprofessional, mostly excuses being given about flash drives that were sent (but not received) with no tracking number, etc. He was not proactive in giving updates unless asked. We also didn't receive a preview until over a month after the wedding (we were supposed to receive a preview a week after the wedding). Second, the first round of photos that J. sent us looked like a "drag and drop" culling effort, with no time taken to choose special moments (i.e. no wedding sari photo, no father/daughter or mother/son photos, no shots of my DIY tables, cookie bar, and centerpieces, barely any shots of groom getting ready, etc). A lot was missing (and still is), and we were so disappointed. We eventually requested and received all of the raw images. And it is a shame that were there THREE photographers and not one bothered to take any photos of my wedding sari (I wore my mom's wedding sari!) or any of the DIY tables. Third, the entire meet and greet album is garbage. The photos are unmemorable, and considering there were THREE photographers, there should have been some awesome photos in the collection. It's mostly really unattractive, embarrassing candid photos of friends and family that we would never share with them. What a waste. If you're planning a traditional American wedding, J. is probably a good choice for the price. They know all the right poses and shots to take, and will make you feel comfortable the day-of like so many other reviews have mentioned. If you're planning a big, unique wedding with other types of events, I highly recommend choosing a photographer who has significant experience with your type of wedding, and the time/bandwidth to cull the right photos.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Ali H

We used J Bell as our wedding photographer and could not have been happier with the experience. If there was an option for a 6th star - I'd use it. The best part is that we got engagement photos, bridal photos, and wedding photography for one flat fee - no add on's or hidden... Read More costs. J and his wife Hannah were excellent every step of the way. Both were super friendly and accommodating. We felt at ease the whole time and actually had a good time. Not what you would expect posing for a ton of photos. They spent hours driving us around Austin for our engagement pictures. They were with us the entire wedding day - morning to midnight - taking photos. What's more...all of them have turned out awesome.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Salina J

I use J. Bell Photography and this was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day!! Hannah and J arrived early and stayed till the end with huge smiles the entire time. You can tell they really love to be a part of your wedding day. When my dress zipper broke during... Read More the reception Hannah was there to sew it up. Talk about being a full service team. They were so much fun to work with and on to of that my pictures were amazing! Do yourself a favor and choose these guys for you special day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Heather C

J. Bell photography is the best in the business. J.'s commitment to his craft and his professionalism shine in everything he does. He really knows his stuff. We couldn't be happier with how fun and upbeat he and Hannah wereon our special day, while still managing to get all the... Read More important shots we were after. Everything turned out incredible! We plan to recommend J. to everyone we know for years to come. He doesn't know how to disappoint! Thank you J. and team!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

If you are looking for a wedding photographer look no further! J. is your man. He took amazing wedding photos of our special day - and a LOT of them. We had so many exquisite pictures to choose from at the end of the day and they all beautifully captured the emotions, moments,... Read More and memories of our wedding. When we look back at our collection of photos that J. took for us we feel the same love for each other that we had the day we got married. Sounds cheesy but it's true. Even my husband feels that way! He was flexible and worked with us to help us understand what we wanted to capture out of our wedding day. Not only did he work well with us, but he also worked well with all of our family and guests. He really knew how to put everyone at ease and capture the best side of everyone. Last, but not least, he was affordable for the quality of his work. We interviewed several photographers all over Austin for our wedding day. J. really stood out above the rest. He was personable, creative, energetic, and a true artist at what he does.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Laura M

Couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures from J. Bell and his staff. His creativity and love of photography is seen through each and every picture he took for us! Not a moment was missed and he added his personal touch to each photo. Our day was captured from the tiny... Read More details in our flowers to the crazy dancing well into the night! Spending the day with J. and Hannah was so easy to do and we thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment of our day, relived every time we look through the pictures! Thank you guys for being a part of our day! We have now used J. for more than 1 family wedding and hope to continue to pass his name to future bride and grooms!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Candice R

Jay was a great photographer for our wedding day! It was easy to meet with him beforehand and go through all the event details (he clearly knows what he's doing). Then, on the day of, he was easy to work with and knew all of the shots to take. He was there to capture every... Read More moment. And finally, our pictures turned out gorgeous! We are so happy with how everything turned out and so glad we chose Jay as our wedding photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amber A

So before you read this review, do yourself a favor and email J. to see if he's available for your day and if so, definitely set up a meeting with him. If you are anything like me, you are going through millions of reviews for a wedding photographer for your big day. I know... Read More because finding a great photographer in Austin was a top priority for our Wedding. Luckily we found J. and we couldn't have been happier. He's easy going, relaxed, and knows exactly what to do and where to be to capture the essence of your day as you want it. I met with a lot of photographers and beyond the scope of the contract (ie owning the rights to your pictures which is soooo important), what you need to keep in mind is that your photographer is going to be with you for the duration of your big day. So while talent and price are important, it's probably just as or more important to feel comfortable with him or her. Being that my husband is seriously allergic to the camera- finding the right person to be there with us for 10+ hours wasn't easy. My husband and I both knew right away J. was the right person for the job after meeting with him and seeing his work. Working with J. and Hannah was like working with that friend you haven't seen in a while. And as far as the final product goes, the actual pictures were beautiful and we have so many different beautiful options to choose from. We couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Steph M

J and Hannah were so much fun and supportive! Hannah kept me calm and helped me get over my nerves right before I walked down the Isle. We loved having them with us the entire day! We 100% recommend using them for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelly J

Pictures are everything. So when choosing a photographer we were very picky. After meeting with numerous companies, J. Bell stole our heart. He's extremely professional and their work is absolutely beautiful and top notch. They hold your hand throughout the whole process and... Read More never leave you feeling lost which is every brides dream. They didn't give me much stress and handled any bumps in the road with utmost respect and professionalism. He and Hannah listen well and they try to meet your every need. As a photographer, she was also amazing. She captured all the other moments we couldn't see. Even after the wedding, the process to get our photos was smooth. They don't let go of your hand until you have everything they promised and more. I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelly P

J. and Hannah are THE BEST! We were blown away by their skills and demeanor on our wedding day. They are artists with a clear vision and direction for the entire wedding day. Their sense of humor and clear experience made all the difference in the world in the midst of such an... Read More amazing, stressful and chaotic day ;) Before our wedding mass, we knew we were running behind on time. Everyone was a bit stressed, but they never showed any concern. He was the calm in that storm and I can't thank him enough for that. Their flexibility in adding a second location to our shoot day off was greatly appreciated. Thanks to her suggestions and subtle cues for poses and expressions, our final photos are PHENOMENAL! We'd recommend J. and Hannah to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

We both highly reccommend J. and Hannah! They were super helpful every step of the way. They answer emails immediately, show up early, and are a lot of fun to work with. We've gotten so many compliments on our engagement photos and we've officially run out of space on our... Read More walls! BEst vendors we dealt with. period.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Greg B

J.Bell shot our wedding in July 2016. He comes highly recommended. He is a true professional and he knows how to run a business. After having worked with all the typical wedding vendors over the past year like the venue, dress, cake, flowers....no one's customer service... Read More stood close to J.Bell. He's nice, punctual and he knows weddings. What stood out most to my wife and I is how quick he was to respond to emails, phone calls, etc. He doesn't leave you hanging for days. He truly cares. He wanted to meet us at our venue which was in Dripping Springs a few weeks before the wedding. We walked around the site, looking for potential shooting locations and he took notes on every detail. We finished about 5pm and he actually stayed afterwards by himself to watch the sun go down and find where the best light was. He truly loves his job and it shows in his work. The photo booth was absolutely amazing! Never have I seen so many people at a wedding photo booth. You will receive your images in a timely manner as well. Can't say enough great things about J.Bell and his wife--maybe they'll still be around for our kids wedding.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Mari F

J is the BEST photographer!!! I found J on this website and after reading the reviews, I just had to meet him. From the beginning, J was very friendly, professional, and such a pleasure to work with. He deserves more than 5 stars in my opinion. I, along with my mom and sister,... Read More had a BLAST at my bridal session with J and Hannah. Hannah definitely knows poses that will look amazing for the picture. They both made me feel comfortable and made the session so much fun! My bridal portraits came out gorgeous!!! We had the pleasure to have J for the entire wedding day - from the time I got ready with my mom/bridesmaids/wedding party at the hotel, to the ceremony, and all the way until the end when my husband and I exited the venue. Don't look for another photographer because J is the one you want - trust me!! He will be our photographer from now on to capture all of our family's memories. -Mari

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Jessica O

Wedding Date: 4/9/2016 J. Bell photography is truly amazing! My husband and I did our engagement photos with them along with my bridal portraits and of course our wedding day. All of the pictures came out AMAZING! J and his wife do a great job capturing all of our special... Read More moments! I would recommend them to any Bride!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Allison G

Great experience all the way around! They did a great job with our hastily thrown together wedding and dealt with a lot of curveballs. You'd never know it from the pics we got back. WE love all of them! Hannah is a huge help on the wedding day, make sure she's available!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Emily D

J. shot our engagement photos and he and his wonderful wife shot our wedding and we can't recommend them enough. Beautiful work, especially making the venue look much better than it did. They helped us print an album and a ton of prints for the house too. 5 stars!