The Stockade Inn

Schenectady, NY

Elegant, yet affordable.

The Stockade Inn located in Schenectady's Historic Stockade District is the ideal location for the wedding of your dreams. The Inn proudly offers an on site ceremony room, newly renovated ballroom, 18 elegantly appointed overnight rooms, and a fine dining restaurant.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

1 North Church Street, Schenectady, NY

Our wedding at The Stockade Inn was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Jeanne M

Our wedding was in early January 2012. We loved everything about The Stockade Inn. The staff, especially Anthony, were a pleasure to work with along the planning process and the night of the event. We got wonderful reviews from our guests about how good the food was and how much... Read More they enjoyed the open bar. Our cake from Villa Italia was included in the package and that was excellent as well. If you're looking for a beautiful, historic, and cozy setting for a wedding I highly recommend The Stockade Inn.

Stockade Inn...easy and GREAT!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 donica n

I cannot say more about the Stockade Inn...they were absolutely incredible every step of the way. We worked directly with the owner and he truly made everything easy and non stressful. The Inn is absolutely beautiful inside, rooms are so lovely. Food was amazing...price of... Read More everything was very reasonable for the quality and service given. I would recommend the Stockade Inn to any couple!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/08/2010 Aimee T

The Stockade Inn was the PERFECT place for my wedding reception! The manager personally works with you on all the details that you desire. The food was wonderful, the space is gorgeous without needing extra decorations and the staff was friendly and courteous. It is a small inn... Read More with ~20-22 rooms for guests to stay in. The rooms are perfect- historic but up-to-date at the same time. The suites are HUGE- perfect for pre-wedding pampering and with a canopy bed for a romantic wedding night. I have absolutely no regrets about having my reception at The Stockade Inn!

Unique, classy wedding venue

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jeff K

We had an outstanding experience with The Stockade Inn. We worked directly with the owner, Jeff McDonald. Jeff was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He and his staff went out of their way to make our wedding very special and unique to us. In the end, as detailed... Read More below, we got exactly the wedding we wanted at a very reasonable price. We highly recommend The Stockade Inn as a wedding venue! Venue We were looking for a venue that could "stand on its own" and not require a significant amount of decoration to achieve an elegant look. We also wanted a venue that had separate rooms for the ceremony and reception to eliminate the need for an awkward tear-down in between.The Stockade Inn met and exceeded our expectations. It is a gorgeous venue and has a storied history. It is set in the historic Stockade district of Schenectady that dates back to the Dutch colonial era. The hotel accommodations are equally gorgeous. We were able to block-out all of the rooms in the venue for the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. Our guests absolutely loved the rooms. We were also able to utilize the beautiful Billiards Room for an after-party, that was the icing on the cake to an incredible day. Food Everything was delicious and made fresh on-site. The cocktail hour appetizers were fantastic. The salads were made from scratch, including homemade dressing. We were able to choose three entrees from a substantial list of choices plus vegetarian option. We received numerous compliments from our guests on the quality of the food. Package value The packages offered by The Stockade Inn are incredibly reasonable and deliver tremendous value. We chose the base package and it included several items that would be considered premium offerings at other venues, such as name-brand liquors at the open bar, high-end entrees like beef tenderloin and sea bass, and hot hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour. Our package even included a four-tier wedding cake from one of the best bakeries in the Albany area, Villa Italia Bakery.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Marina G

We had our wedding reception here about a month ago. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and how top-notch the service was. Our guests were amazed by the display of food for our cocktail hour. Jeff and his staff are like no other!!

Great Reception

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Meghan R

The Stockade Inn is a great place for a small/medium sized (max 125 people) wedding reception. The food is amazing!

Great staff, beautiful building, good price!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Megan J

With only a 6-month engagement, we had a lot of planning to do in a short time - We worked closely with Anthony, who was very receptive to our ideas but also willing to offer his ideas when we needed help. We got so many compliments on choosing the Stockade Inn, and we were... Read More really happy with our choice too! The best price that we found among all our options and even got to have brunch! :)

Beautiful spot!

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 Kathryn K

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here and it was wonderful! The room was really pretty, the service was great, and the food was delicious! If you're having a small wedding this would be a great place, otherwise it's a terrific spot for a rehearsal dinner!

Great space

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Sara B

We had 120 people and it was cozy, a little tight but cozy!! Food was AMAZING, staff was wonderful from start to finish. The Stockade Inn is a beautiful place to have a vintage wedding in an amazing venue!!!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Moira C

We held our rehersal dinner, ceremony and reception at the stockade inn. The staff were amazing and the food was excellant. Im so glad we decided on holding our event here. They helped us create our perfect day! =)

5 Star Service

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 amanda d

I LOVE The Stockade Inn. Their service was over the top! I delt with Jeff in all the planning and he worked with my florist/stylist and my photographer to make sure we were all on the same page. The price was definetly affordable...we actually got a deal because we were... Read More married on Thanksgiving weekend. We were married in the ceremony room and it was beautiful! We had a small wedding about a total of 85 guests so it was perfect! The wait staff was amazing! The food was prepared beautifully and was hot when it was served. They did anything we needed and even when we didnt ask they were there! The bartender was also amazing! The whole staff at The Stockade exceeded my expectations and I would reccommend them to anyone! My husband and I stayed there that night and before we retired for the night they had put a bucket of champagne on our bed as a surprise! Kudos to Jeff and his staff!

TO The Stockade Inn