Is this your business? claim it now

The Tea Barn at Fair Hill

Elkton, MD

Capacity: 101-150 PHONE

$ – Inexpensive

101-150, 300+

Barn, Loft

300 Tawes Drive, Elkton, MD (410) 398-1246

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 MacKenzie P

The Tea Barn at Fair Hill was PERFECT. Besides the anxiety of trying to book the venue, it was amazing. It had everything we needed for an unbeatable price. We had our ceremony in the Paddock Area, Cocktail Hour downstairs and Reception upstairs. We even had our rehearsal... Read More dinner here since we had the venue for the whole weekend.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Amanda R

My husband and I were married at the Tea Barn in Fair Hill 6/25/16. We held the ceremony outside and the reception inside the barn. I cannot tell you how absolutely perfect it was. If you enjoy having a hand in all the small details and don't mind putting in the extra work this... Read More is the place for you. You rent for the whole weekend which allowed us Friday to set up and have a rehearsal (we even catered the rehearsal dinner and held it there to save money) Saturday we had the wedding and Sunday we had to go and cleanup our decor. You cannot beat the price and the atmosphere. The only reason I didn't give it the 5th star is because you are not allowed to use their dumpsters and therefore the trash removal was a bit of a pain. I would have paid a little more for access to the dumpsters. Overall fantastic. Staff in the office are kind and helpful. So glad we hosted our wedding at the Tea Barn.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Ivelisse M

The Tea Barn is a very unique vendor opportunity for a bride. The venue has two stories, both accessible by ramps from the outside. The first floor has a clean male and female latrine, large bar area, and broom closet with a mop sink and various cleaning supplies. The second... Read More floor is an open floor plan with no rooms, accompanied by a balcony on one end overlooking the old horse race track. The venue comes with access to over 100 chairs (I recommend renting/making seat covers), two round tables (seat maybe 4 people) and about 18-20 8-ft banquet tables. Outside of the venue is a paddock that is also available for rental. There are horse stables on site that seemed to be used regularly, which make a nice picture opportunity, as well as the race track itself which I took advantage of for photos. When rented, you are securing the venue for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. ALL DAY. You pick up the keys when they open on Friday (8AM) and keep them until YOU turn them in at the drop-off box when you’re done on Sunday. So you’re paying less than $400 for access to your venue for three full days. If you need an extra day you can add Thursday for a $100. I don’t think anyone can find a better DIY option then this venue. The staff is extremely friendly and allow you to access the venue from Monday-Thursday (unless someone has rented the site on Thursday) for planning purposes, like measuring the venue or attempting to practice a certain aspect of set-up to ensure it’ll work the weekend of. You can also add the paddock for outdoor ceremonies and/or activities for another small fee which I can’t recall at the moment. You have to pay a small fee (I think it was $35) for the liquor license, as well. If you love to DIY and live within driving distance of Elkton, MD, this is your venue.

Wedding

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Terri H

Track ,barn ,liquor license ,and a small Fence yard little house can't use needs fix yet no changing area other then a stable barn

March Wedding

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Christina B

This is a great venue for budget conscious brides looking for a rustic venue. Be aware though that there is no staff included with the rental so it's a true DIY location. That was great for me as I wanted to control costs and have control over my decor, etc... the rental staff... Read More is super friendly and the rangers checked on us several times throughout the weekend.

The Hidden Gem of Cecil County

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Jen U

What a great place to hold your wedding reception! We used the barn on Friday for our rehearsal dinner, as we put up our decorations and got our tables and chairs set up and in place. On Saturday we had our reception, with the cocktail hour held downstairs, dinner and dancing... Read More upstairs (the barn has two levels), and on Sunday we came back to clean it all up! We did have to rent heaters (adds about $200-$300 to your overall costs), and there is no working kitchen, luckily our amazing Dean & Brown caterers were able to make it all work! The lighting in the barn has been recently upgraded and it's the perfect romantic glow for your evening. Another great aspect about this facility is we could hang, staple, string, or post anything we wanted to (as long as we took it down). Feel free to email me directly: [email protected] if you need any photos, as they are hard to find online.

Tea Barn at Fair Hill - Fantastic Spot and inexpensive

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Angie w

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Tea Barn in Fair hill. It is a two story barn at an older horse track. The site also allows couples to use the paddock area for outside ceremonies. The rental of the barn is super cheap ($450 for the entire weekend) and... Read More easy to work with. They allow you to bring in all your own vendors and allowed us to book it an extra day (thursday through sunday) which really let us put our DIY skills to work. The upstairs of the barn is very rustic and beautiful while the downstairs is completely finished with bathrooms and a cement floor. It gives you a lot to work with when setting up your event. We had our ceremony outside in the paddock area, the girls got ready in the nearby stables. Our cocktail hour was downstairs in the barn and then the rest of the reception was upstairs. It was a great place to have our wedding!