The Winds Resort

Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Book Your Wedding with The Winds Resort

A BEACH IN OCEAN ISLE BEACH, NC

Get married among the sand and the surf at the Winds Resort Beach Club in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina. The beachfront property provides lots of photo opportunities both indoors and outdoors. The resort is popular for destination weddings and it also has ample reception space on-site.

Beachfront Space. When you hold your wedding at the Winds Resort Beach Club, you'll have access to beachfront space for the ceremony. Located right in front of the water, the beachfront space is complete with chairs and an altar. The bridal party walks down the sand toward the altar.

The Winds Event Tent. Hold the reception outside without worrying about the weather with the Winds Event Tent. This 1,800-square-foot tent holds up to 115 guests while leaving enough room for a dance floor. It also has space a band or DJ, along with a bar. You have the option of putting a photo booth outside of the tent as well.

Carolina Breeze Reception Venue. This tented venue accommodates up to 150 guests. It has space for dancing, live entertainment, a bar and buffet tables.

The Winds Resort Garden Room. With enough space for 40 people, this 560-square-foot room is the right choice for intimate receptions. Open the room up to walk out onto a deck and enjoy the subtropical gardens.

The Winds Resort Oleander and Palmetto Rooms. By themselves, each room accommodates up to 32 people. They share a hallway and couples often rent both spaces and then use one space for the cake and another space for the reception.

While North Carolina residents also get married at the Winds Resort Beach Club, the staff specializes in destination weddings. Staff members work directly with couples who live out of state, taking the stress out of the planning process.

You'll use an outside vendor as a caterer, but your event coordinator can arrange it. In fact, your coordinator arranges all of your outside vendors if you like, down to the DJ.

You have the option of cutting down on the number of vendors you have to use by adding extras onto your wedding package. Choose from extras that include photo booths, videographers, design services and more. In addition, you have the option of adding spa treatments and massages onto your wedding package if you desire.

Wedding packages at the Winds Resort Beach Club include extras you won't get at a lot of other venues. Some extras include the following:

• Minister
  • Marriage license filing
  • Ceremony photography
  • Flowers

Your Dream Beach Wedding Come True!

At The Winds Resort in Ocean Isle Beach we specialize in destination weddings and we ensure that your wedding will be your dream day! Our free on-site wedding planner helps with everything from planning the ceremony & reception to cakes, photography, menus, flowers, decor, ministers, music and more!

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

310 East 1st Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC (800) 334-3581

Everything We Hoped For!

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Terry S

We only had 4 months to plan our beach wedding. Mel O'Daniel, the Event Planner at The Winds, and her assistant Darlene were terrific. We got a package that included everything: venue (wedding on the beach),minister, photographer, DJ, and reception and catering. Our reception... Read More was in "The Tent". Everything was lovely! The entire staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. Mel and Darlene handled most all of the details, so we were able to enjoy our day without worrying about a million details. It was a perfect day, start to finish. I highly recommend The Winds!

Dream wedding:-)

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Lindsay D

It was absolutely beautiful. Everything went so smoothly with the help of their wedding director Mel and the photographer Darlene from timeless memories photography. We loved it. Ps they also have an awesome breakfast buffet.

Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Ginny B

We planned our wedding at the Winds Resort, never having visited the resort. We put our trust in the wedding planner, Mel. Everything was perfect: the resort, flowers, DJ, wedding cake, and reception. We had about 50 guests who all stayed at the resort, a mix of all ages from... Read More young children to older adults. Everyone had a wonderful time and there was so much to do for everyone. We are definitely planning to return someday.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Abbie G

I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in a wedding at The Winds in July and just have to say how wonderful everything was! Stephanie was present t every step of the way and made the whole process a breeze. I had the pleasure of speaking with her a few times before the wedding.... Read More The ceremony was set up very nicely and the ceremony music, played by the DJ could be heard over the light breeze and the waves. The flowers were absolutely perfect and matched everything! The reception was across the street under the tent on the deck. I couldn't believe that the tent that I had walked under just 1 day before had been transformed into this beautiful reception venue. The lights were romantic, and the pop of color which matched our bridesmaids dresses made it all come together. The flow of the night went without flaw. Joe, the DJ was amazing too! The staff was awesome! Very helpful! No issues at all. The bartenders were very efficient and fast paced. We all had a blast and can't wait to come back for a girls trip one day in the future!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017

Ceremony was beautiful, however the management was less than cooperative. Workers at the reception stole centerpieces...beautiful expensive handmade bowls...turned the lights out on guests 5 min. after they announced the reception was over...handicapped guests were left... Read More struggling in a dark venue to leave, and parents with small children were left in the dark. This was 5 minutes after they not very nicely told everyone that the permit time was now over. When the wedding coordinator was told that the bowls had been stolen, she was too busy to take care of it, and the situation still has not been resolved. The bride had planned to use the bowls as gifts for family. Not happy with the Winds...still haven't heard from the general manager, who was contacted the next day...

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Danielle B

The place was beautiful.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Josh F

I would give this place 10 stars if I could! My husband and I got married here this past April and I have been a slacker by not writing a review about how amazing Mel and Darlene were. I was super excited to marry the man of my dreams but was not one of the girls that had... Read More planned... Or for that matter ever thought of what my wedding would be like. I basically just kept telling Mel I wanted it to be laid back. Well let me tell you, our wedding was beyond perfect and more than what I could have dreamt for. Josh and I were so pleased with how smooth and effortless they made the whole process. I highly recommend checking out their venue. It is perfect if you're looking for a beautiful beach wedding were your guests can relax and have a mini vacation in honor of celebrating your big day! I still get compliments about our wedding with how much fun people had and how it felt more like a big party celebration! Plus, Darlene was our photographer which made it perfect because we already felt comfortable after working with her over a year to plan the wedding. It was perfect for us and we cannot wait to go back to visit Mel and Darlene every year to celebrate our anniversary! There is a reason this venue has sooo many good reviews, you will love it! Thanks Mel and Darlene! Xoxo Lindsay and Josh Forry... And baby, too!!

Don't overbook if you can't handle it

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Allison W

I had originally booked my wedding at another resort on Ocean Isle Beach, but lack of communication and follow up quickly nixed that resort. We actually had to fight to get our deposit back from them. Mess. We thought we had all our problems solved when we found The Winds,... Read More and they said they could be our venue. WRONG. We were the 3rd wedding of the day and it was completely rushed and unorganized. There's a noise ordinance on the beach, so the DJ had to be done by 10 (which means stop music around 9:30) and our wedding didn't even BEGIN until 7 PM. We finally got to our reception probably a little after 8. I didn't even get to eat anything. Mel was nice and had them box some food up for me, but leftovers are never as good as fresh. I didn't end up eating any of it. We didn't have many guests, maybe 25 or 30, and paid A LOT for very little. My mom brought handmade signs with her that she thought we could use down the aisle, but that was a huge issue. I had no idea she was making them, so when Mel found out about this it was an immediate argument. She actually made them take the signs down as SOON as the ceremony was over. My little brothers did more of the cleaning than any staff at the resort did. My family had to clean up after the reception as well. It was held in the breakfast room and it had to be clean for the breakfast the next morning. I do recall it being mentioned that they didn't have staff for that. I will say that Darlene is one of the nicest people I've ever met, she made up for a lot of the attitude Mel had. Her husband was the officiant and he was amazing. He did exactly what we wanted and made us feel memorable and special, same with his wife. Mel actually got rude the last few emails we exchanged, and I had mentioned it to my mom and she said not to worry about it. Very short answers and it took several days to hear anything from her. I know she also coordinates the golf courses around, so I can understand being stressed out... But if that's the case, maybe she needs to just stick to the golf courses. Moral of my story: Unless you're the 1st wedding, your money feels wasted here. It was a pretty venue, I would have loved to see what the tent looked like. Even the open bar was SUPER expensive for just two hours. I would go back here to stay for vacation, but I shouldn't have paid that much for how little we got out of it.

Horror Story

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Tracy D

Save your money!! After reading several reviews I thought this place would be great - WRONG!!! We paid for the highest level package they offer and to say we are disappointed would be an understatement. There are too many things to detail in a review, but I will hit the... Read More highlights. * Sold rooms that we reserved for our family and bridal party. We got married on a holiday weekend and the hotel released our reserved rooms and sold them. We had to wait for cancellations to recoup the rooms we originally had reserved. We didn't end up getting enough of them back and therefore my bridesmaid and maid of honor, along with several other friends and family (including my husbands mother and father!) had to stay at different hotels. My handicapped brother in law was made to climb 2 flights of stairs because they sold the handicap room we had reserved. * NO Rehearsal - Not only did our wedding planner not greet us upon arrival (no phone message, no email, no text, no note, NOTHING) we had to track down the manager the afternoon before our wedding to inquire about the rehearsal we were suppose to have as a part of our package. He then had to call the wedding planner at home and request that she come back to help conduct the rehearsal. Upon her arrival she was dressed inappropriately and informed us she was now missing the football game.... there are no words! * Lack of included signage - The wedding planner informed us we could not have the normal signage because she didn't have a letter "Z" for my husband's name (Zack). She had months to plan for this, again no excuses.... The wedding planner, Mel, was absolutely incompetent and we will NEVER return to this resort. EVER. I advise everyone considering it to really think about it.... However, her assistant, Darlene, was very pleasant and helpful the few times I spoke to her over the phone, but again she was also no where to be found on our wedding weekend and honestly I've still never seen her in person. The positives were, the officiant was great, the food at the reception was good, the cake was ok, and the DJ was good. These are all people hired by the resort, they do NOT work for the resort and were privately contracted (except for the reception food). I was disappointed in the hired photographer and was greatly relieved that my husband's step father who is also a photographer was there to also get photos.

Wedding

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Jordan B

We had the best wedding at The Winds. Mel and her team are wonderful and we could not have asked for a better wedding. It was the best day of my life and it would not have been able to be prefect with out Mel. she was fabulous! I would recommend anyone to have their wedding at... Read More the Winds just for Mel!

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Angie Y

Since we were both divorced with children, we wanted a small nice ceremony. The Winds offers packages where they take care of almost everything. The staff was so experienced, professional and great at what they do. They put us at ease even when we were worried the weather... Read More would be an issue. It helped reduce stress and the ceremony went very smoothly. I could not have asked for a better day.

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Cheryl O

I had a very small wedding, just my husband and our children. The Wind's was helpful from day one. They provide wedding packages and do all the work. They will answer even the silliest frazzled bride-to-be question without hesitation and they eased my mind. They also provide the... Read More minister, photographer and catering as well as filing of the marriage license. The resort offers a free full breakfast daily and their rooms are beautiful. The beach access was gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this place to any couple.