20 Heartfelt Wedding Wishes for Your Cousin
Watching friends and family members get married is a special moment, especially when it's your favorite cousin that feels more like a sibling. Before the big day, though, you need to make sure you fill out a card with some thoughtful wedding wishes for your cousin. If you're stumped on how to write a nice wedding message for your cousin, you've come to the right place, as we know exactly what to write in a wedding card—no matter who it's for. Whether they're like your best friend or you just see them during the holidays, you can create a special message just for them and their partner that might just elevate you to favorite cousin status. From funny messages to something sweet, we've got a mix of personalized thoughts you can write inside their wedding card that'll have them treasuring it for years to come (now you just need the perfect wedding gift idea).
In this article:
What to Write in a Cousin's Wedding Card
When crafting the perfect congratulations message for your cousin's wedding card, it's all about tone. If they're more sentimental, you may want to lean into a sweet message with a callout to one of your favorite memories together or characteristics you admire about them. For the cousins that love a good laugh, then sharing an inside joke or adding in a goofy pun will ensure it brings a smile to their face. You don't have to write a novel for it to be an impactful message either, just by personalizing it to your cousin's personality will make it special—even if it's just a couple sentences.
The most important thing to remember when you put pen to paper: Write from the heart. If it helps, you can even scrawl down some drafts before choosing your final message. Still in need of some inspiration? Check below for some examples on how else to say "best wishes" for your cousin's wedding.
Sweet Wedding Wishes for Cousins
If your cousin is sure to bring on the waterworks when they meet their partner at the end of the aisle, you can never go wrong with a sweet message. Focus on expressing your joy, the characteristics you think make them a great partner and how much they mean to you. Your card will totally earn you a front place spot on the mantle with these wedding wishes.
- Congratulations! I'm so thankful to know you and I am so excited to watch you embark on this new chapter in your life.
- You may be my cousin, but you're also one of my best friends. I'm so happy I get to witness your special day.
- You and your [husband/wife/partner] are the ultimate couple goals! They're so lucky to have you by their side.
- If anyone deserves a beautiful day like today, it's you and your [husband/wife/partner].
- Today is just the beginning for you and your [husband/wife/partner], I know there are even happier days to come.
- I'm so inspired by how dedicated, loving and supportive you and your [husband/wife/partner] are to each other. Here's to many more days filled with happiness and love!
- Today is such a magical moment and I'm so happy I got to stand next to you and watch it happen as your cousin and friend. Congratulations!
Funny Wedding Wishes for Cousins
Whether you were known for playing pranks on everyone at family holidays or regularly rib each other like you're siblings, funny wedding wishes for your cousin will turn their happy tears into belly laughs. Just make sure your sense of humor is on par—resist the urge to be too cringe. If you can't, you might be better off just buying a funny wedding card.
- Thank you for a beautiful ceremony and the open bar—but especially the open bar.
- Going forward, you can't say your [husband/wife/partner] has bad taste—after all, they did pick you!
- Congratulations on finally making it off the apps!
- Wishing you all the best! But also, thanks for giving the family another excuse to ask me: "When are you getting married?"
- I'm so happy for you both. And don't worry, I'll keep the aunts and uncles under control on the dance floor.
- I guess I have a new cousin-in-law. Congrats to you both!
Simple Wedding Wishes for Cousins
Short and sweet is a flawless combo, so you can't go wrong with a super simple wedding card message for your cousin. These are great if the card you chose already has a great note printed on the inside or if you're not thick-as-thieves with the relative that's getting hitched.
- Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for today and beyond.
- To a life full of love and happiness—congratulations!
- Here's to a long and happy life together!
- Still in awe over how beautiful of a ceremony you had.
- Feeling overjoyed at the thought of you two together forever.
- Sending you all the love and warmest wishes.
- Here's to a new chapter filled with love, happiness and adventure!