24 Wedding Wishes for Sisters on Their Big Day
Coming up with a sentimental turn of phrase to encompass something as monumental as a wedding is no easy task—and that job gets even harder when it's your sister you're speaking to. There's a lot of life (and a lot of love) to incorporate into your wedding wishes for your sister and you want to make sure you come up with a memorable and thoughtful note to write to her and her future spouse to pair with your perfect sister wedding gift.
If you're stumped on what to write in a wedding card, you've come to the right place. We spend a lot of time thinking about all the ways to be an awesome wedding guest, so we've got a back pocket full of sweet, sentimental and downright funny wedding wishes for sisters just begging to be penned into the card you snagged last-minute from Trader Joe's (it's ok, we've all done it). These thoughtfully constructed phrases will give you a great jumping off point, so you can easily capture key moments throughout your relationship—from your first fight to your first middle-of-the-night heart-to-heart—later on in the card (you've got to have that tear-jerking moment before wishing them well in their next chapter). Check out some of our favorites below, and know this: As long as what you write comes from the heart, you can't go wrong.
Wedding wishes in this article:
To a Sister and Her New Spouse
These all-encompassing wedding card wishes for sisters work regardless of birth order or the writer's gender and can be made even more personal with small tweaks. Do your best to work in a few unique references to your relationship throughout (inside jokes are great!), while also incorporating a nod to your sister's new spouse, so they both know just how much you treasure having them in your life.
- The only thing better than having Shelley as my sister is now calling Ainsley my sister, too. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.
- Way to pick 'em, Cait! I could not be happier that you're officially bringing Sam into the family. I can't wait to stand by both of your sides as you say your "I do"s.
- To my dearest sister and her new spouse: May your life together always feel magical and filled with love. Thank you for showing us all what a true partnership looks like.
- Happy wedding day, Olivia! Here's to hoping Justin is the key to finally boosting your Turkey Trot PR. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness (and crossing the finish line after me).
For a Little Sister
Your mini me has probably looked up to you her whole life, from following you on the playground to using you as a role model in college and beyond. Pay homage to the unique relationship you two share with one of these thoughtful little sister wedding wishes.
- To my favorite shadow: I've loved spending a lifetime by your side and now it's someone else's turn. I could not be happier to call you my sister and friend.
- Jackie, I may have beaten you out of the womb, but you beat me down the aisle! I hope today is everything you've dreamed of and more—here's to happiness.
- Kristen: Life truly felt complete the minute you joined our family (and I know that's exactly how Bea is feeling today, too). I know you will bring them all the love, support and happiness you've brought me over the years.
- Happy wedding day, Jess! From a little pest that always wanted to steal my clothes to my best friend, we've had quite the glow-up over the years. I am so excited to see you as a bride and even happier that you found someone like Devon to make your dreams come true.
For a Big Sister
For many of us, big sisters are everything—mentors, teachers, role models and sometimes the scapegoat for our own blunders. Thank your big sis for all the ways she's been there for you over the years with one of these happy wedding wishes for an elder sister.
- Greer: For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be just like you. You're kind, beautiful, smart and hilarious. I'm overjoyed you've found someone who sees what I do in you.
- You're a bride, Emmy! While there were certainly times in high school when we thought this day would never come, I'm so glad we kept the faith. Mika is everything I could ever want for my big sister and I cannot wait to stand by your side today. Let's do this thing!
- You've always been the perfect example of leading with your heart and our whole family is thrilled yours led you right to Quinn. I hope this weekend is as magical as you've always dreamed it would be.
- Harper: From moody teens to best friends, we've been through it all and I am so grateful to stand next to you as you pledge for life with Nick. Thank you for being the best big sister I could ask for.
From a Brother to His Sister
Put a hold on the protectiveness and pick up the pen—it's time to tell your sister how much you care about her (trust us, she knows). These wedding notes for your sister will help you find the words for the most important day of her life—with a few ribs thrown in, of course.
- You're officially someone else's problem now, Avery! In all seriousness, I could not be happier for you. Congrats on your wedding day!
- Mia, from the moment you were born you've made my life a happier and brighter place. I could not be more proud to be your brother and wish you and Ava nothing but happiness and love in this next chapter.
- Zahra, being your protector and brother has been one of the most important roles of my life. I'm honored to be passing the torch to Blake today, but I will always be there to love and guide you. Congratulations on your wedding day.
- Parker, thanks for finally giving me the brother I always wanted in Jeff. You were a great placeholder while it lasted, though. (Just kidding, I love you).
From One Sister to Another
There is no bond like that of two sisters—even if you spent your formative years at each other's throats. Pay tribute to your built-in-BFF with a wedding message that brings on all the warm fuzzies.
- Today is the day we (yes, we!) have been dreaming about. You're not just my sister—you're my best friend and I don't know how I would do life without you. I'm so glad you've found your soulmate.
- Happy wedding day, Charlie! While no one can ever replace me as your #1 stan, I guess Hallie is a pretty good choice to give it a shot. I am so happy for you both.
- Cecilia, you make the most beautiful bride. I hope this weekend is filled with all the laughter, love and happy tears you can handle—you deserve it all!
- Congrats, Megan! I hope Dave knows he just got a two-for-one deal, because there's no way I'm going less than three days without seeing you, even if you are a married woman now.
To a New Sister-in-Law
If your sibling did you a favor and scored you an awesome sister-in-law, you definitely should pass along your gratitude with a sweet congratulations message. Welcome her into the crew with a personalized note that lets her know just how happy you are that you're officially family.
- Welcome to the family, Lucy! I am so happy to finally get to call you my sister. I hope you and Connor have the most beautiful life together.
- Congratulations, Maya! There's no one out there that could make my sister happier than you and I'm so thrilled you guys found each other.
- Happy wedding day, Abby! All those years putting up with Matty's nonsense finally paid off when they brought you home. I could not be more excited to officially count you as my sister—I love you!
- Dear Ivy: We are so excited to have you in our lives and I could not be happier for you and Mitch. You are going to be the most beautiful bride!