Chagrin Valley Athletic Club

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

17260 Snyder Rd., Chagrin Falls, OH

Great venue, great service, great people!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My wife and I decided to have both the ceremony and the reception at CVAC, and it was the easiest of decisions! We wanted a summer wedding and a natural environment for our ceremony decorations. The gardens at CVAC are so gorgeous and they made the ceremony absolutely... Read More stunning! The reception hall is a great size and the food is amazing! My wife has Celiac's disease at it runs in her family so we wanted to make sure that everyone would be able to eat anything that was served. CVAC went through the process of ensuring nothing was cooked with gluten and there was no additional cost! Not one guest knew that the bread, the pasta, the crackers, etc. were gluten free! The staff at CVAC are awesome and they make the big day so special yet easy to plan. There are dressing rooms for the bride and groom and their wedding party, which made our experience very unique. Overall, the grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is very helpful and wonderful to work with. The price can't be beat for what you are receiving in service and quality.

Very impressed

Reviewed on 8/10/2013 Jacquelyn W

I found this venue on my search on The Knot, and figured I would give it a shot since it was one of the few places that had an outdoor area for the ceremony. When we actually went to visit, the events coordinator showed us around and made it very clear that they were willing... Read More to work with our limited budget, and they truly pulled through. The food was excellent, everyone we talked too really enjoyed it and they worked with the DJ to make the day as smooth as possible. They were easy to contact and get a hold of with our many questions and did their best to explain the contract so we knew exactly what we were getting into. Could not have chosen a better venue for my ceremony and reception.

I love this place.

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Conisha W

I think everyone who goes to Chagrin Valley Athletic Club to get married has a great experience....I did. I had an intimate fall wedding here everything from the space to the food was perfect. The best part to me was the knowledgeable and friendly staff stemming from the Event... Read More Planner Clay. With Clay's years of experience and confidence I knew that my wedding would be nothing but perfect. I suggest this venue for the bride who wants an all in one venue with great food and beautiful ambiance at a great price. Love this place!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Amy P

Our July 2016 wedding at CVAC was beautiful! Jane is very easy to work with, attentive, and has an eye for detail. Dealing with a new staff member while organizing the rehearsal dinner was challenging, but Jane stepped in to make sure our wedding went on without a hitch, (which... Read More it did!). I would reccommend this venue to anyone looking to book a wedding in the Cleveland / Chagrin Falls area.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Sarah C

Chagrin Valley Athletic Club allowed me to have my absolute dream wedding on June 24,2016. My husband and I loved the indoor-outdoor aspects of the venue. We had a beautiful outdoor garden ceremony, cocktail hour indoors in a comfy living room setting or outside overlooking the... Read More lake on the balcony area called the verandah (both allowed to us! so guests mingled nicely), a formal sit-down dinner inside the dining room, and dancing on the deck overlooking the lake outside. I have the most amazing pictures because of the many areas allotted with booking a wedding with them. Every area and room is absolutely beautiful. And that is only attesting to appearance. Behind the scenes, we received the most amazing customer service from start to finish. Jane, the wedding coordinator allowed us to book a wedding with them that fit perfectly to our vision and our budget. She was extremely available through email. The staff took care of even the littlest details and were a "Bride's dream" to work with. We also decided to have only vegetarian food served at our wedding as my husband and I are long-time vegetarians. We thought this would be met with resistance with our guests, however, the food was so good at CVAC, that is all anyone noticed! In fact, we still get compliments on how great it tasted, and only now, a month later are people noticing that no meat was served!! I have over and over been told how much fun every guest had, and most frequently I hear that this was the "best wedding venue" they have ever been to. I would strongly agree with this! CVAC allows you to use so much of their beautiful property and it is such a fun and awesome contrast to the traditional dark 1-room reception hall. I have nothing but compliments for the service and experience I received at CVAC! It truly was an all-inclusive experience working with them!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Shana G

CVAC was the perfect venue for my wedding. The outdoor ceremony space is amazing, and Jane in Sales was very supportive and one of the nicest people that I worked with in all of our wedding planning. The food was FANTASTIC (honestly was my one of my must haves for our... Read More wedding), and they fit really well with our budget. The wedding planner I worked with for the majority of the time, Kate, was beyond amazing, however she has moved on to another job so there are some pretty big shoes to fill. My only negative comments are that some of the spaces are outdated, and the bathroom in one of the dressing rooms didn't work, however, having our own personal space for both the bride and groom to get ready outweighed the dated space. Also, I was disappointed when Kate left, and the management didn't inform me (she left the week of my wedding). These things are so small in the overall scheme of things, and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who's looking for a great venue with beautiful views, and excellent staff.

Friendly but oudated

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Erin H

Very helpful and nice staff. We did not choose to work with them since the interior needed an update. We wanted to have a band but the ceiling was low and it seemed cramped.

Very Nice Place

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Karin C

This is a very nice venue for a small wedding. The onsite coordinator was very helpful and it was very easy to set up appointments to meet with him. The food is excellent, much better than I expected. There are many choices from the menu. Moreover, the chef can accomodate... Read More special dietary needs, such as gluten free. My guests with special diets were quite impressed with choices and the chef's understanding of their needs. Definitely a good value withou compromising on quality.

Meet The Manager

Jane Clarke

I'm looking forward to meeting you! I have 18 years of experience in private clubs.Chagrin Valley Athletic Club is a great venue for you: outdoor Gardens for your Ceremony with back-up indoor space; a large dining room with neutral décor and clean lines means you can keep it simple or make it very elegant and it works! CVAC is all about YOU!