Cakes + Desserts

20 Jefferson Ave, West Hartford, CT (860) 586-8202

ok but not great

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

i had brought in a picture of the cake i wanted and i am not that impressed of their execution. the cake did taste wonderful and was not too dry but i don't believe it was as beautiful or detailed as a wedding cake should be. it had the basics of what i wanted but not the... Read More details. i have seen much better wedding cakes then the one they gave me. i would probably recommend people to go elsewhere.

Yummy!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jenn M

My venue incudes a cake as park of its wedding package. I had the choice of 2 vendors Classic Cakes being one of them. After doing a little research, the other vendor tended to get some not so nice reviews so I decided to go with Classic Cakes even though they were newly added... Read More as an additional option for our cake and I wasn't able to find many reviews out there. I met with Carol for our tasting and all the cakes were moist and delicious! We settled on 3 different flavors and the style/design of the cake. She even let us take the leftover tasting cakes home! The cake at our wedding was beautiful and just what I had asked for! And most importantly, it was delicious! I'm not usually a fan of wedding cake and find most to be dry, but the cake from Classic Cakes was anything but! It was moist and flavorful! I think I even ate 2 pieces!!

Delicious and Gorgeous

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Rachel F

Carol and co made an amazing cake for our wedding. She made sure that the cake reflected our personalities and tasted delicious. We got a funfetti cake and the fondant actually tasted delicious. I'm used to seeing people leave the fondant on their plates, but no one did... Read More that our wedding.

beautiful cake

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Kelly S

The cake was beautiful, looked just as I wanted. It was dry and flavorless, unfortunately.

Review for Classic Cakes

Reviewed on 9/17/2008 Kate W

the cake itself came out exactly as I pictured it and tasted great.;our cake was included in our package with the reception place (one of two bakers to choose from). I dont know that I would have chosen this bakery otherwise - they were very difficult to get ahold of and to be... Read More honest the only thing I was worried about not showing up on the day of the wedding was the cake. In the end I had nothing to worry about however their timeliness in responding to emails/calls could be much better - especially to out of state brides!!!!