Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

1631 Southridge Trail, Algonquin, TX (210) 598-5252

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sunny C

We are glad that we found Cornerstone Photography to make memories of our special day. Laura always answer my questions timely, and our photographer, Charis, who is young but very experienced. She's patient and nice. The best part of Cornerstone Photography is they are... Read More Christians, and this made us feel that they are trustworthy. All in all, thank God.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Isabell S

Out of my whole wedding budget, pictures were the most important to me. Matt did an amazing job on my wedding day! He captured all the moments that my husband and I were too busy to soak in. Looking back at the pictures brought back so much emotion. He truly went above and... Read More beyond and we couldn't be happier. We will definitely use cornerstone again!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Julie V

Our photographer was Matt. We hadn't met him until the day of the wedding, but truly feel we lucked out. He was awesome and seemed to be having as much of fun time as we had. Everyone loves the pictures. He wasn't afraid to crawl in the bushes for the perfect picture framing.... Read More He's top notch. Cornerstone in general was very easy to work with. Mark responds promptly to most emails of voicemails. We received our USB & DVD within 5 weeks of our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah F

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Laura is so friendly and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She captured the perfect combo of candid, posed and artsy type of photos! We would definitely recommend her to any of our friends or family!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Tricia K

We had Matt and he was fantastic! We aren't a couple who's comfortable in front of a camera, but he made it very easy and Fun! It was terribly hot and humid out which we typically aren't very tolerable of but he was right there keeping us motivated to get great photos. When your... Read More family members and guests approach you during the reception to say how much they liked your photographer, that means something! Can't wait to see all the photos!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Martha O

I am a little obsessive over photographs. I researched tons of photographers in the Chicagoland area and after looking at many portfolios and having multiple conversations with different photographers and photography companies, we decided on Cornerstone Photography. It was... Read More definitely the right decision. We met with Mark, the owner, for our first meeting. He was very informative and wonderful to talk with. He was able to walk us through what they would be providing as well as any post-wedding details (albums, etc.) that we may have in mind. They had several options (adding hours, extra photographers, videographers, etc.) and we ultimately decided on adding two extra hours and having one photographer. Our photographer was Matt. He was absolutely fantastic to work with. We had a few conversations before the wedding to make sure we were on the same page, and the photos we received showed that he heard every word. On the day-of, Matt showed up with plenty of time and was very good at getting us set up and into the right "mood" for different shots. For the ceremony, he got some beautiful pictures, even though the church was a bit restrictive on where he would be allowed to stand and/or using flash. The photos from after the ceremony at the church are just stunning. And when we moved on to a different location for bridal party photos, even though it was raining, we had so much fun! The pictures also turned out beautifully. At the reception, he did a wonderful job of getting both candid and planned shots of so many people and moments, it was perfect. We received the photos about 2 weeks after the wedding and they have been gorgeous. We shared them with our immediate family and the wedding party (before narrowing down the selection to show others), and all everyone could say was, "wow." I would hands-down and with complete confidence recommend Cornerstone to anyone considering a photographer for their wedding.

Perfect fit

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Rebekah K

Our experience with Cornerstone was excellent from the beginning. Although based in Illinois, Mark Humpa came to Milwaukee to meet with me at a time and location of my choosing. He was highly professional and was able to answer all of my questions thoroughly. He also provided... Read More samples of how pictures are returned to customers: DVD/CD, USB, and online account. He also had samples of the album options which can purchased after the event and are of a very impressive quality. I was shocked when we talked pricing and I saw how affordable the services were compared to companies that have the same or lesser quality. Additionally, customers have the rights to all their photos, which keeps costs down on the backend. Because I had engagement pictures done by family friend, I like the a-la-carte options offered by Cornerstones and took the 6-hour wedding day package and added on 5 additional hours. Our photographer, Matt, contacted me a few weeks before the wedding and again the Monday before. I was able to provide my own list of shots and locations I had in mind and he provided helpful feedback on what we would have time for to help guide my list. We have not yet received access to our photos (2 weeks past event), but I have no doubts they will be exactly what I wanted. Mark was very professional and definitely has an artistic eye. He was able to capture the "forced candids" I was hoping for. If I hadn't been actively looking for him in the church during the ceremony I wouldn't have even known he was there. Guests even commented on how professional he was.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Karen J

We loved our photographer Laura, she did such a great job!

Great photographers, poor customer service

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Ashley L

My husband and I were married July 13th 2013 and I have chosen to wait a year to review their services in order to write a less unhappy comment, but I'm still mad. To me and my now husband we wanted to spare no expense to get the best and we are all about customer service! We... Read More had spoken with several other photographers that were rather rude, so when we first spoke with Mark he was very nice and wanted to work with us. He drove to Lake Geneva to meet us, which we really appreciated. I first met with Mark the CEO of Cornerstone photography and after looking through the portfolios of his photographers had picked out his wife Laura Humpa to photograph our wedding. Due to her expertise we had to pay more money for Laura, which was fine with us. Laura and I had talked on the phone several times with the inability for us to actually meet up but I had been emailing her ideas throughout the next few months so we were ok with not meeting her even though that was one of Cornerstone's "Red Flags." About 3 weeks before our wedding Mark called to inform us that Laura would no longer be photographing our wedding because her friend had decided to get married that same day and she wanted to do her wedding instead. To me this shows just how little we meant to their company to give up our scheduled wedding for somebody else's. They refused to give us a full refund of our money and release of the contract, instead appointing us their own choice for a photographer out of the ones still available that day to shoot without any input from us. They did give us another photographer for free and gave us a small refund but calling me approximately 3 weeks before the big day to pull our "award winning" photographer to give us their random pick, whom we had never met or seen the work of, was not ok with us. Also you have to pay in full with their company 1 month before the wedding, which we did, not saying that has anything to do with the timing but we find it ironic that they notified us of this shortly after our checks were cashed saying it was a sudden decision and they had just found out about the friend's wedding 3 weeks away. Our new photographers and ourselves had a short time frame to talk, so when they arrived the day of the wedding there was no connection established and it was awkward for the first few hours. Our photographers did a great job, and were very sweet, considering they were just thrown in last minute and were most likely still unsure of what style of pictures we even wanted. I (personally) would never go with this company given the headaches and the stress and tears they caused me and my husband. Other people have had success but this to me is horrible customer service, and all around bad business. I am satisfied in the end by some of my pictures (even though we sent picture ideas via email and very few were taken, but we did get some rather unique ones).

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kate S

I can't say enough great things about Cornerstone. From our first meeting with Mark, to working with both Laura and Matt, we were in great hands the entire time. Mark gave a very professional presentation about all they have to offer and we knew from the moment we walked out of... Read More the meeting that we were going with Cornerstone. Laura and Matt were both wonderful! Our pictures look amazing and we received them within 2 weeks of our wedding. They each brought something unique to the pictures and it is clear how much they love their job. You would be missing out if you don't consider using Cornerstone for your wedding.

Great Ladies

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 carrie k

We had Kaia (for 6 hours) and Nicole (for 8 hours) come to our wedding they both did a great job. Kaia sends a great question sheet to a few weeks prior to see what you want. I loaded her up with things on pinterest but I don’t think any of those photos were taken. To be fair I... Read More also didn’t speak up and ask her to take them. Nicole has a super great and outgoing personality she was super easy to work with and felt more like a guest at the reception (We only had Kaia for the getting ready and the ceremony I’m sure she would have been the same.) Over all from what I saw in the online photo album the photos came out great. We were able to see the photos in around three weeks. I was advised our flash drive should be in the mail and on it’s way to us. This was all with in one month. I should also point out how easy it was working with Mark. He helped us pick out our photographers and answering all our questions in a timely manner. They all did and outstanding job. I would highly recommend them!

SO happy with our photos!

Reviewed on 1/23/2014 Jill J

Cornerstone Photography was excellent. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with. Our photographers Laura and Nicole were amazing on the day of our wedding. A joy to work with, they made everything run smoothly and captured some excellent moments. They were wonderful... Read More to work with and our pictures are absolutely beautiful! We were thrilled with how our pictures have turned out. We also had Laura do our Engagement photographs and loved them. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for great customer service and beautiful pictures!!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Sara K

It was a pleasure to work with the Cornerstone Photography team and my husband and I are glad we chose them from among the many wedding photographers out there. Working with Cornerstone was one of the easiest parts of the planning process. Nicole Blair, our photographer, was... Read More great at capturing all the little details of our wedding day so beautifully. At times she felt more like a part of the family than one of our vendors, which was an added bonus!

fine, not great

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Jami G

My positives about Cornerstone Photography is that they give you the rights to all your photos. Plus my photographer arrived on time and stayed for the full 12 hours which is a nice package to offer. I also got my pictures back quickly. My negatives are that they are not good... Read More with communication. They basically wouldn't discuss my wedding with me until 1 week before my wedding. That can be stressful for a bride. Also the professionalism just wasn't there. Overall, I was very easy going about my photography and didnt have many demands. So I am happy with my photos and how the day went. But if you are looking for outstanding photos and they are the most important to you and you are particular about what you want, then you may not want to go with this company.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Jessica M

Mark Humpa was excellent to work with. He helped us select Millicent (Millie) Wong as our photographer, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We haven't even seen the full final product yet, but Millie sent us a few teaser photos that are absolutely gorgeous. During... Read More the wedding, Millie was not at all intrusive. In fact, I don't even remember where she was during the ceremony. :) She was efficient, friendly, creative, and patient. We can't wait to see the photos. Thank you, Cornerstone!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Angela C

We used Cornerstone Photography out of Chicago and were very pleased! We booked the 12-hour package and we just love our photos! Christina did a fantastic job getting everybody in and out of the family pictures at church and she captured a lot of great moments that you miss as... Read More the bride and groom. Their prices are some of the best in the area!

Beyond Pleased Bride

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Cayla L

I could not be more grateful for the service cornerstone photography provided. Mark was easy to work with as far as being quick to respond to emails and flexible in setting up an appointment to meet. He really listened to what we were looking for in a photographer to give us the... Read More best match in his staff. We chose to work with Matt and are incredibly pleased with that choice. My husband and I found out just how uncomfortable we are in front of a camera during our engagement session which was held with a non-professional photographer. However, Matt made posing for a camera easy and natural for us. He was great at giving instruction and moving things along quickly to get as many shots as possible in short time periods. Matt has a vision for great photos; you can see the wheels turning as all times as he plans his next approach. He certainly has an excitement for this job! We were able to preview a few images as they were taken, and are very excited to see how all of the pictures turned out.

beautiful photos and wonderful photographers!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Beth M

we used cornerstone for our wedding and they were wonderful! we talked before the wedding to discuss the wedding day schedule and the photographers were on time and got right into taking photos. all the photos turned out beautiful! they were very reasonably priced and well worth... Read More the money. they were also able to tack on an extra hour of photography at the end without any issues. i would HIGHLY recommend them!

Love our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Lauren B

I am so glad that we chose Cornerstone Photography! The owner, Mark, was wonderful to work with on the business end of things. He was always quick to respond to any questions that we had and was always so helpful. Our photographer, Nicole, did such a great job! Not only was she... Read More an amazing photographer, but she was friendly and personable, and a joy to have around on the day of the wedding. She was very accommodating to any of our requests and made sure to get all the photos that we wanted. Our bridal party even commented on how great she was. Our photos were just posted online today and we could not be happier with them. Nicole was very creative and got a nice mixture of photos that were posed, candid, fun, etc. She was also so attentive to all the details. We would highly recommend Cornerstone and Nicole to anyone!

Professional, Creative, Accommodating, AWESOME

Reviewed on 6/21/2013 Sarah

The folks at Cornerstone Photography were amazing! Our wedding was a little unorthodox. We had a morning wedding a "break" in the afternoon, a dinner in the evening, then ventured into Downtown Chicago. Cornerstone offered two photographers -- one captured all of the... Read More morning events: the ceremony, reception and all of the tradition pictures. In the evening, another photographer joined us at dinner then met us in Downtown Chicago and captured all of our memories from a cityscape backdrop to the Hancock Building to Wrigley Field. The entire team was incredibly professional and very creative. I received a thumb drive and CD with ALL of the digital prints within 3 weeks. They release all copyright to the bride and groom so I'm able to upload and print wherever. They also offer print services. Highly recommended!

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Allison H

I cannot say enough great things about Cornerstone! Mark was wonderful on our initial consultation and super accomodating. Our photographer Nicole was just perfect. She took beautiful photos and was so fun.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/08/2012 Megan E

I feel so blessed to have had Morgan & Paul as our photographers. I did not expect the pictures to be one of my favorite parts from our wedding day but thanks to Cornerstone & Morgan & Paul it definitely was! Having them as our photographers was like having our friends with us... Read More all day. They made us feel very comfortable, kept us on schedule without ever making us feel rushed & we haven't even seen all of the pictures yet but I love everything i have seen. If you want to just relax & know your photographers are capturing everything you would have ever wanted, give Morgan &/or Paul a call, you won't be disappointed!

Great

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Hadar H

Cornerstone photographers are amazing! we used 2 photographers at the my wedding, and they were great, fun to work with, GREAT quality,and I revived the pictures after only 2.5 week

Meh

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Brett K

Like everything else with our wedding, we did a lot of research and arranged a lot of interviews when it came to our photographer. These images are supposed to last forever, so it's not something you want to mess up. The owner was nice enough to drive up from the Chicago area to... Read More meet us in Milwaukee, and we were very impressed with the photos he showed us, especially considering their very reasonable prices. He was very helpful right through the wedding day, as was the photographer we selected. But in the end, I think we got what we paid for. The photos were fine, but there were a LOT of opportunities the photographer missed, and in many of the photos, you couldn't see someone's face, or they were brushing hair out of the way, or there was some other detail that basically made it unusable. We managed to crop our way to a decent number of photos, but I'm not sure we'd use Cornerstone again if we had to do it over.

Very Happy

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Ashley F

We chose Cornerstone because they had the best pricing we could find. They met with us and selected photographers that went along with our personalities, and I was VERY pleased with who they suggested for us. Paul did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and our wedding... Read More day with the help of Revi. Early on in the process, something happened at the local Houston office, so we were redirected to work directly with the people at the headquarters. But as our main photographer, I pretty much dealt directly with Paul who kept me updated at all times, and was very flexible when it rained on the day of my bridal shoot. My only complaint would be that I didn't receive my bridal pictures until the week of the wedding, which didn't leave me much time to have any of them printed. Overall, I am very happy with my experience.

Start a Conversation!