Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

1 Pleasant Street, Claremont, NH (603) 542-3345

Reviewed on 5/20/2016

This is the only store I've ever been in that didn't honor the lowest ticketed price. The manager wouldn't budge at all, if I wanted the dress I had to pay the higher price. Total Unacceptable.

Horrible!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014

This bridal shop is HORRIBLE!!!!!! First off the owner was SO incredibly rude to me! They put me in the dressing room with a few sample dresses and left! They were up front playing on their computer and I was left in the fitting area with the people I arrived with! Thankfully I... Read More brought someone with me as they were the one to help me. Finally the owner and a young girl came back about 10 minutes later and when I asked to look at viels I was met with attitude. They completely treated me like they didnt want my business. I was able to look at only one viel because I was rudely rushed through my appointment. A few months later I made another appointment through email, and when I arrived I was told they could not see me and that they didnt think I was serious about buying a dress(since I didnt put a hold on one that day) and the young girl(the owner wasnt there) was rude again. I asked to see the clearance rack and was told there was NOT one(there is a huge sign outside that read clearance dresses) and that I had to leave because her next appointment was coming. Keep in mind she didnt look up from her phone ONCE!! I left in tears BOTH TIMES!!!

bride

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 lynn r

luv my dress and it was perfect my new husband luv it and i got alot of compliments on it all day and iwould recommend this store 2 anyone wanting formal dresses or their wedding dress

WORST Customer Service EVER!

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Jessica S

I purchased my bridesmaids dresses here. First they acted like they didn't want our business, which should have been our first clue to leave. After trying on and ordering dresses, we all felt good that we could check this off our list. That is, until the dresses came in.... Read More The dresses had an embellishment on them that was not on the dress when they tried the dresses on. Instead of admitting their mistake and just taking the embellishments off, they argued with me about whether they had told me the dresses would have to be altered upon arrival. I know myself, and my bridesmaids would NEVER have ordered a dress that had to be altered before they even thought about putting it on.... When we finally came to a conclusion, the girl at the front desk said that she would remove the offending fabric. I declined, and swore to never set foot in the store again. I emailed the owner, not knowing the front desk clerk was her daughter, and she lied, saying she heard every word that was said, except she neglected to apologize for her daughter's, "I don't know what your problem is" retort to my complaints. It isn't that this shop ordered the wrong dress, or that they messed up, it is that they REFUSED to take ANY responsibility for THEIR mistakes. There is something to be said for the fact that the only tuxedo rental in the area steers people away from this business.

Excellent Value & Service!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Happy B

I was EXTREMELY happy as were my bridesmaids with Elegant Bridals. The prices of the gowns were extremely competitive, being nearly $45 less than a local competitor for the same, identical dress. The dresses arrived ahead of schedule with minimal alterations needing to be... Read More done. My girls looked terrific!!! My only regret???? That I had gone to Elegant Bridals for my wedding gown. I would have saved over $200 for the same dress and dealing with Brittany was so much nicer than the woman i dealt with at the "other" salon. Before you ladies buy elsewhere, you REALLY should check out Elegant Bridals. You will be surprised by the cost savings as well as pleased with how well you'll be treated!!!!!

Excellent service

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Nina S

I visited several shops & searched online before going to Elegant Bridals. I met the shop owner at a local Bridal show & explained I was looking for a simple, inexpensive wedding dress for my 2nd wedding. Tracy was helpful, kind & encouraged me to come in -she was... Read More sure I would find something. I visited the shop & tried on about a dozen dresses. I ultimated bought a ivory colored bridesmaid's dress - perfect for my needs! Tracy & her daughter Brittany offered their help & their honest opinions without being pushy to have me buy or phony. The dress arrived sooner than promised & alterations were done on site. Seamstress did an excellent job, was not expensive & completed the job on time. I also purchased a veil at a close-out price & a brooch to go along & felt extremely satisfied with what I got & for what I paid. I plan to cut the dress short & re-use again for other functions - it worked out great!

great to work with

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Randi B

the ladies at elegant bridals gave me such a great deal on the perfect dress for my day! they were very easy to work with and aimed to please!

Beautiful Dresses

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 JC L

I was very happy with my gown as were my bridesmaids. Everything arrived on time and Brittany and Michelle were nice to work with. I would suggest anyone go in and check them out. There are lots of dresses and I was allowed to make payments which was wonderful as I was on a... Read More budget. Whenever there are negative things in a review, I know there are ALWAYS two sides to everything!!!

Worst Experience Ever!

Reviewed on 6/26/2011 alicia F

Very poor service Poor Cleanliness I will never recommend them to anyone. Almost everyone in our wedding party was very dissatisfied with their dresses. I have never been treated so poorly.

DANGER Willemina Robinson!

Reviewed on 5/25/2011 Erica F

My best friend is getting married in June. She and her sister went in and ordered the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses in January. The dresses came in at the end of April. The seamstress they use is apparently a "hobbyist" and only works Thursdays and Saturdays. She was very... Read More unprofessional and while fitting the maid of honor's dress, made her get off of the pedestal so she could fit a prom dress on a girl that didn't "feel" like coming back. Mind you, the bride and her bridesmaids had an appointment. With less than three weeks to the wedding my friend had to call to check on the status of the dresses. The girls on the phone impatiently told her that there were lots of weddings and proms going on, so they were very busy. It wasn't until my friend reminded them that HER wedding was in two weeks that they began scrambling to see where her dresses were. My friend and I went to get the dresses the second Saturday before the wedding and the alterations looked like a five-year-old did them. The seamstress lied about alterations that were made, trying to say that they were factory standard, and BUTCHERED the maid of honor's dress. She made mistakes at the most basic levels; did things that even someone with no knowledge of sewing would know better than to do. (You do not attach bustle ties to the center of the dress' train, go through to the uppermost level and do it with the wrong color thread!) My friend wound up paying almost $400 for the alterations; many of which have to be repaired by a REAL professional seamstress. I would not recommend that ANYONE use this bridal shop and their BUTCHER seamstress.