The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Relax and let Festivities of Norwalk, Connecticut handle all of the details for your wedding day. The staff can arrange for your venue, catering, beverage service and event rentals to accommodate your unique wedding vision. Whether you need ready-made seasonal party food delivered to a private wedding or you wish to celebrate in either of Festivities' preferred venues, the crew provides exceptional ingredients and impeccable presentation. Put the firm's 30 years of experience to work for your event.

Festivities coordinates huge upscale wedding galas and small home wedding receptions alike. Meet with the wedding coordinator to begin firming up details and floor plans for your ceremony and banquet. The two preferred venues offer strikingly different marriage settings. The first is geared toward traditional or glamorous nuptials, while the second offers a modern setting for contemporary celebrations.

Meadowlands. This historic property was once a private estate that held parties for elite guests including the Astors, du Ponts and Fords. Elegant weddings have been hosted here for 60 years, owing to the classic beauty of the grounds. The formal gardens give you amazing ceremony and reception backdrops with water features and heirloom plantings. Host 350 people for cocktails and up to 200 for seated dining with an adjacent event tent. The venue includes a bridal suite with ensuite bathroom. Private parking is secure and on-site for convenience.

Leclerc Contemporary Gallery. Couples who imagine a minimalist or alternative wedding ceremony and celebration choose the Leclerc gallery with its capacity for 200 standing or 75 seated attendees. Walls are pure white and lined with modern art. European contemporary furnishings and bold room accents make this a sophisticated yet lighthearted space for a wedding day party or banquet.

Festivities' menus are created in three tiers—traditional, classical and premium—with many choices available in each tier. Festivities selects fresh, local and seasonal ingredients wherever possible to create a menu that's as formal or as informal as you please. Choose from buffet, family-style and plated service with many action station and appetizer options.

Catering packages for Meadowlands have a 100-guest minimum and include menu choices like Peking duck in Asian pancakes and formal-plated New York sirloin. You may bring your own wedding cake or let the culinary team expertly create one for you.

Service is as attentive or as hands-off as you desire. French, white-gloved service is available for more elegant events. If you want ready-made foods delivered to your casual reception, choose from Party Express menu selections including heat-and-serve appetizers and main dishes as well as cold appetizer platters and ready-to-eat salads, sandwiches and desserts.

Staff at Festivities offer a number of perks to couples that choose its team for their wedding festivities. They go the extra mile to accommodate diverse ethnic cuisine and customs and they're happy to provide menus that are Kosher or gluten-free or that adhere to dietary restrictions. Additional extras include:

• Firm dedication to eco-friendly practices
  • Special relationships with upscale vendors
  • Double, military, civil and destination weddings
  • Setup and cleanup included in fee
  • Chocolate fountain and ice bar possible

The Festivities Portfolio- Seaside to Countryside

Welcome to The Festivities Portfolio! Brought to you by the award wining Event Design and Catering Team at Festivities. The Festivities Portfolio is a curated collection of distinctive destinations -Seaside to Countryside. Our Portfolio brings you a custom vision for your day with the efficiencies of a venue. From Rehearsal Dinners to the Big Day to the Afterglow Brunch, we invite you to enjoy the festivities!! Select from our catering packages or create your own. As custom caterers, our passion is to create menus that are inventive, creative and reflective of you and your vision. We look forward to hearing from you and to being part of your wedding celebration! Warmly, Roe and the Team at Festivities

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Estate, Library, Museum, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Temple, Religious Setting, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

2 Wilton Avenue, Norwalk, CT (203) 847-7774

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susie G

We can't wait for wedding with Festivities!! Our engagement party was an amazing taste of what's to come. We loved every hors d'oeuvre and as we love Asian food, the dim sum cart and Korean barbecue were crazy great!! We so love working with kathyrn on every detail. Thank... Read More you,Festivities, for a great start to our wedding planning!

2016-11-03T07:43:41 Response from the vendor

I don't know who's more excited for your wedding - you or us? We are so honored to be on this journey with you and look forward to a really fun time planning your very special celebration. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Vanessa R

What a dynamic du0! Roe and Bill and their team at Festivities. They gave us everything we wanted and more. From sitting down with Bill to plan the perfect menu (I am very picking with my food) to working with Roe and Kathy to plan every detail made our celebration perfect for... Read More us. Thanks

2016-11-03T07:46:26 Response from the vendor

How much fun did we have? I think you love food as much as we do!! Thank you for your kind words to all of our team at the end of a very special evening! Everyone was so thrilled when you came into the cook... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Will K

we have been married now for almost a year and still our guests and families are raving about our reception this past New Year's Day... the Festivities team made it happen...and make it happen they did from Chef Bill's remarkable foods to Roe and Kathryn's patient, kind and... Read More warming counsel through thick and thin and with blended families there was more thick than thin... whenever we needed help making decisions on how best to organize our 175 guests Mike came to the rescue... we told Festivities we wanted a signature drink that reminded our guests of where we met... the we met on the boardwalk in Atlantic City and then Festivities birthed the "Boardwalk Bubble" ... we asked Festivities and they gave us the recipe...Claire and I make this amazing cocktail once a week...its now a ritual ... my wife and I are both in customer relations for separate financial institutions in NYC... service was critical... service and detail were achieved !

2016-11-03T07:49:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you! "Boardwalk Bubble" was born with you in mind! Weddings are all about our couples and what will make you smile the most on your wedding day. We wish you every happiness and lots and lots of Boardwalk Bubble!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lizzie M

I work very full time, and I needed someone to really have my back. Roe and her team at Festivities were there for me in every way. We wanted to get married at our beach house, and Festivities made it happen. We love food, and we knew we had come to the right place when we... Read More met with Bill Kaliff, Roe's brother, and Festivities Executive Chef. He created a menu that was exactly us..so when our guests started eating hors d'oeuvres and saw the incredibly fun food stations, their first comment was, "YES, this is Lizzie and Ted!" Thank you, Festivities, for bringing it all to life and keeping me sane. You told me you would "tell our story", and you did!

2016-11-03T07:51:13 Response from the vendor

I really think it was "hand in hand"! We made quite the duo or trio or quad or whatever we needed to create and produce your magical day. You were awesome, sharing all the fun memories of your lives together that allowed us to create... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lucy R

I know that all weddings are special.. but I have to say that I think ours was the MOST special! The wedding team at Festivities, starting with Roe and Kathryn, really had me at "hello". I really felt that they could see our vision. Home, delicious, different, easy and so... Read More much fun! We love to have fun and our event team, headed up by Meghan, made our fun possible. Our timeline ran so smoothly... even when it started to rain a bit .. we had a plan. Thank you SO MUCH for an incredible night. We are married now.. the most important part, and it was a perfect way to send us off!!

2016-11-03T07:52:58 Response from the vendor

I remember the day we met! You just looked at me, and we both knew that I could see your vision. I call those our "ah-ah" moments!! Thank you for the pleasure and honorof being part of your amazing day. We wish you every happiness.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Laurie O

Festivities made my dream a reality. While I thought I knew what I wanted in my head, the team at Festivities was able to bring it to life and surpass my vision! Not only did they make the entire process seamless, they did all of the heavy lifting, which was huge for me since I... Read More work full time. They kept the entire planning of the wedding on schedule and also mapped out our wedding day perfectly. The day flowed beautifully, with no lulls or any drama! On top of precise planning and execution, Roe Chlala, our Wedding Planner, navigated my large family effortlessly. Emotions ran high during the planning of our wedding, and Roe was able to keep everyone at bay. The fact that the whole process was so easy made getting married just as fun being married. Thank you, Roe and team - you are all amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michael G

What an awesome time we had at our wedding! The best part is that my NEW wife and our families got exactly what we wanted and more, a great party. Roe and her team made our experience so effortless, beautiful, and so much fun that we never wanted it to end. Meghan, who was our... Read More coordinator, kept us in her line of site. Whatever we needed, she was right there a step ahead of us and working hard. The Photography was with someone there to give us champagne and hors d’oeuvres. From there it was clear sailing. Everything just kept happening the way we planned, and we just looked at each other and smiled from ear to ear. Thank you Roe and Festivities for a memory we will always have.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Charlotte W

Getting married at the home I grew up in was always my dream! Roe and her team at Festivities made it happen in every way, even in ways I hadn't thought of. From helping us figure out the right tent to our special craft cocktail bar, it was all we had hoped for and so much... Read More more! Thank you to Meghan for being right there with us every step of the evening, gently finding us when it was our turn to make a speech, have a dance or check out something happening that was unexpected and not to be missed. Thank you, thank you! We can't wait to work together again soon.. lots of parties in our future. Fondly, Charlotte

2016-11-03T08:15:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We so loved working with you. Wedding planning is really a process..one step at a time.. it's all good. Meghan filled us in on the entire evening, and we were all smiling and happy that you all had such special evening. We wish... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

I live across the country but I felt I was right there in Connecticut the whole time. Planning a wedding long distance can be a challenge, but not with Roe and her team! Between Skype and phone calls, we were always able to communicate and talk about all the details that made... Read More our day truly ours. When the day came.. at my family's home on the water, I knew everything would be just as we had planned it, and it was! Kathryn was amazing.. so calm and smiling. The mantra of the day was "it's all good"! and it was.. the flow of the day was so easy, the smiling, friendly staff were right there before we even knew we needed something. The food was so delicious and interesting. So many of our friends commented on how every hour or so, a new food was presented. Thank you SO MUCH for an unforgettable start to our lives together. Fondly, Kat

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Susie A

I really don't know where to begin.. maybe at the beginning.. We had planned a whole day of visiting caterers and started at Festivities. They work in so many wonderful venues that we thought we could get a great overview. From the moment we met with Roe we knew we had... Read More arrived! She was so excited to meet us and learn all about us and what we wanted for our wedding. Working with her and her team was so easy and fun. The best part .. the day of our wedding everything we had planned from the way the ceremony chairs were set (lots of conversation!) to the special family moments that came just at the right time were just what we had planned. The food was beyond delicious and our family and friends commented all night about how great the Festivities staff was in making each of them feel welcome. Thank you again to Roe and Kathryn and the entire team at Festivities! We love you!! Susie and Glenn xo

2016-11-03T08:20:08 Response from the vendor

How many conversations did we have about the ceremony chairs? It's all good.. they were exactly where they belonged, and you looked AMAZING coming down the aisle with those trees just behind you. Thank you both for the opportunity to be part of this very... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Natasha L

I can't say enough wonderful things about Roe and the rest of the Festivities staff! Within minutes of first meeting with Roe, my husband and I both knew she was the right person for the job. Her vision for beauty and excellence is devine. No matter what our questions or... Read More concerns were, Roe and her staff were right there to answer and put my mind at ease. My husband and I were married at the Gallaher Mansion in Norwalk, CT. Working with Festivities was such an amazing experience. They were on top of every detail to ensure our day was absolutely perfect, and it was! And the food.... DELICIOUS!!! Bill is such an incredibly talented chef. He produced the best tasting food we've ever had! It was so creative and different from the typical wedding food you'd usually see.Our guests were very pleased and are still talking bragging about how awesome the delicious is all!! Festivities was one of the best choices we made and we look forward to working with them again in the future!!

Thank you Kelly and Roe!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Janet F

As a mother of a bride that just celebrated her daughter's wedding (10/22/11), I am delighted to have a chance to share with future brides and their families what a very lovely and professional job Festivities did for our family under the care and guidance of Kelly Arias. Our... Read More budget was small and their hearts were big and full of kindness. From phone calls to emails, meetings, food tastings, etc. our journey with Festivities was an easy and professional one. I felt so confident in their guidance and suggestions and will always be grateful that we were lucky enough to have them organizing one of the biggest days in our family's lives. Our guests were all so complimentary of the staff and food. The presentation and service were absolutely the best. I could only wish for all other brides and their families the same wonderful time. Calling Festivities and working with Kelly Arias and Rosinne Chlala is certainly the only way to start!!

fabulous

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Holly L

My dream wedding was given to me. Everything I wanted, everything I needed was provided. Roe, is amazing and has been doing this for many many years, she knows her stuff, listen to her! The food was amazing, and The Meadowlands, breathe taking...couldn't be happier with the end... Read More result, thank you!

Bad, bad, bad

Reviewed on 3/21/2011 Nicole O

I feel in love with The Meadowlands but after working with Festivities for 6 months, the poor service, quality and value for what we were getting could not be overlooked any further. We finally lost trust that they could even handle our wedding and found a new venue at the cost... Read More of losing our deposit. These comments to do not come lightly and I would not recommend the venue or the caterer to anyone I know.

2016-10-31T16:47:41 Response from the vendor

I am so very sorry that this bride is posting such a review. After six months, I do believe she chose to have her wedding in another location due to private constraints including budget. In our 32 years in business, we have always done our... Read Less Read More

Impeccable Wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Kelly A

“We have been overwhelmed with phone calls and letters as to how splendid the wedding ceremony was. I agree: it was a splendid and distinguished ceremony and your organization was a critical part of that success…you participated from the very beginning in the overall planning... Read More and were of great comfort to us…I believe the time you invested(and it was considerable) paid back in excellent results on March 6. The food, the service and overall catering were nothing short of outstanding and as one guest remarked, “impeccable”.”

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Pam V

“…thank you for helping to create a beautiful wedding for our daughter and her new husband…to have a vision and then find a team that can not only fulfill that vision but go beyond is truly a gift. The continued comments we receive; it was seamless, magical and the most... Read More beautiful, joyful wedding most have ever been to…it could not have happened as it did without all of you… our heart felt thanks"

Fabulous Festivities

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Alison F

I just want to let you know that everything was PERFECT on my wedding night. Brian and I had the best night ever - it was truly amazing, so thank you and Roe and Bill for all your help. It was spectacular! I absolutely love sharing my wedding pictures because my wedding was... Read More amazing - thanks to all of you!

Right out of a fairy tale

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Mary Kate M

I can't thank you enough for all of your help with our wedding day! We had the greatest day and we love reliving it and looking at pics and everything!! Festivities, you were so wonderful to work with!! Guests still tell me that they felt like they were on the set of The Great... Read More Gatsby when they were in the courtyard. It truly was a magical place with a warm and helpful staff!

The perfect place and caterer for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Kate M

The Meadowlands and Festivities catering are the perfect combination for a great wedding! We had our wedding at the Meadowlands in Darien, CT on September 18th 2010 and it was absolutely a dream! The food (by Festivities) has been raved about by all of our guests and the... Read More coordination and planning done by Roe and Kelly and their team was phenomenal! We could not have asked for a better wedding day or reception!! The team worked so hard to make sure all of our needs were met and took the time to make sure everything was absolutely perfect. A special thanks to Kelly (and Jennifer) who were more than helpful on the actual wedding day and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed :-) THANK YOU!LOVE,Kate and John Matis

Beautiful location at a great price

Reviewed on 10/25/2010 Aylin K

The minute I visited the Meadowlands, I knew I had to have my wedding there. It was exactly what I was looking for - a beautiful, private backyard for an intimate ceremony with a large room for a reception indoors. Plus, the home had multiple wings for the cocktail hour where we... Read More set up other activities and guests could easily mingle without feeling crowded. I received a ton of compliments about the site, and I have a bunch of great pictures as well. It had many settings for great photos.

Best of the Gold Coast Wedding Reception Location

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 Viviane M

About a month before my wedding, I ran into Festivities at the Meadowlands at the Best of the Gold Coast gala where they had won best place to have a wedding reception. I was so excited and had my fingers crossed that it would live up to its title. Our reception was incredible... Read More thanks largely in part to the quality and service of Festivities. Roe and Kelly were so helpful throughout the whole wedding process and always wanted to go the extra mile to help our day go exactly the way we wanted it to. Great people, a beautiful mansion with an amazing English garden, tasty food, what else could you ask for!?

Roe Chlala and Bill Kaliff

2011-2015 Best of The Gold Coast Best Wedding Planner "Since 1984 Festivities co-founder, Roe Chlala has wow-ed guests and clients.She's known as an outstanding caterer and event planner which is why brides turn to her and her dynamic team .. for their big day. Everything has to be perfect - with Festivities and it is! From big picture to the smallest detail, Roe infuses her natural love of giving, providing, and showering others in love. She is a romantic with an unmatched talent for spectular events. Let the bride and groom love each other, your guests will fall in love with Roe."