Chicago's premier designer outlet - up to 75% off

Glamour Closet is a designer outlet for wedding gown samples with discounts up to 75% off every day. Great deals on samples from all of the leading wedding gown designers Every Day! Our gowns come from top designers and bridal salons nationwide.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100

209 W. Illinois Street, Chicago, IL (312) 245-2790

Dress

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Alexis K

Amazing place, I was a little leery of the sample dresses but all of the dresses were well kept and the place was clean. They had so many high end designers and were very reasonably priced.

Dream dress at a dream price!

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Lisa C

I saw Glamour Closet in Chicago Social Bride and had to check it out. It is relatively new to the bridal sample dress scene here in Chicago, but it is fantastic. They don't take appointments, but if you go during the day it was easy to get in. Cecilia (CiCi) helped me so much... Read More and I loved searching for my dress with her! I went back about 5 times :) Finally, I found 'the one' at their annual sample sale that takes place in October! I ended up getting a dress that was originally $5,000 for $499. It did need cleaning and of course alterations, (they recommend Davis Couture cleaners and give coupons, etc).but the dress was an almost one of a kind Anna Meier Ulla Maija, and the price of a new dress by that designer was way out of my price range. If you are looking for a unique dress that no one else will have - plus find an amazing deal and don't mind finding something that may need a bit of tweaking - this is the place for you!

Off the Rack Perfection

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Meegan A

I walked in curious about a new shop and walked out with a gorgeous, well fitting, unworn, designer wedding dress for at least 50% off! AND I'M NOT A SAMPLE SIZE!!! AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Maggie S

I found my beautiful Amsale dress there for half the list price! Nicole was a fabulous consultant, and all the other consultants ended up helping as well as I went on a weekday and ended up being the only customer there (if you're able to, I highly recommend going on a weekday... Read More so you can have a more relaxing experience when it's not crazy busy!). The store has a really diverse choice of dresses, all in great condition. Definitely go there!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Philicia M

Glamour Closet was the first bridal shop I went to and I found the perfect dress! Went late on a Saturday morning in December, only 5 months before my April wedding. There were several other people there and they told us the wait would be an hour, we walked around and looked at... Read More the dresses and picked out a few and were able to try on after about 45 min. Krystina helped me try on dresses and she was amazing! I was a little nervous and she put me at ease and pulled a few options for me to try as well. Overall I found the perfect dress and was able to take it home that day!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Anne G

This was my first, and ended up being my only stop. Lindsey was so knowledgeable and really made my experience great. I was a little wary, given that these are samples and didn't expect to buy; but I found the dress and the vail for less than my budget for the dress! They also... Read More give you their suggestions for where to take the dress to be altered which is nice.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Suzy D

They have a policy that they won't allow anyone to try on anything 90min or so before closing. I was unaware of this rule but still arrived over an hour before closing. I asked if I could try on just 1 simple separate skirt (I already had a top purchased previously). Despite no... Read More other customers in the store they very sternly told me absolutely no. I asked if they could make an exception because I had traveled 6 hours to be there and was leaving that night to go back home. I would only take 5 minutes but was told absolutely no by a rude and flippant employee who said there's no exceptions because they didn't care. Odd place. Not recommended.

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Jennifer L

Loved my experience at Glamour Closet! Lindsay (tall brunette with blonde updo) is great to work with, super positive attitude, and respected my price range, even pulling dresses that were below my range. (There was this gorgeous beaded number that was only $850!) The dress... Read More selection at the salon is is pretty varied, and conveniently separated by silhouettes (mermaid/trumpets, ballgowns, sheath/ 2-pieces, and larger dress sizes. The dresses were all in pretty good shape, and the prices I saw ranged from a handful in the $800-1000s to the $3500s for the designer dresses. Most were in the $1500 - $2500 range. I went on a whim Superbowl Sunday morning just to check the place out so i could get an idea on price ranges and stock. Much to my surprise and delight, there was only one group that was there finishing up try-ons and left soon after. I had the entire store to myself, so I ended up taking advantage of that and ended up trying on numerous dresses with the help of Lindsey. She was great! She helped me with the first selection of dresses I had clipped to try on, then based on my likes and dislikes suggested a few more rounds of dresses that I otherwise would not have tried on, most of which I liked better than my own original selection. She even let me look through their fresh stock that had just arrived that morning. Lindsey was super patient and took a lot of videos and pictures for me to send to my mom and bridal party via group text, as they are spread out all over the country. In the end I opted to purchase a beautiful dress that Lindsey had recommended that all my bridesmaids (and man) loved most. Towards the end of my session 2 other groups of brides had came in and the store and try-on area did get a little crowded; I can't imagine how it would've been if my own party had been there in person too! One of the salesgirls was a little bit short with me - when I had first walked in Lindsay and the assistant salesgirl had just told me to look around and let them know if I wanted to try dresses on. I approached the third girl when I asked her what to do if I wanted to try on dresses (note, this is after the first party left and I was the only one there) and she huffed and was 'well you were supposed to check in at the front!' When I told her that the other girls didn't tell me that, she huffed again and told me I was supposed to sign in and get a bag of clips. So I did. In the end she warmed up a bit so I'll chalk her initial attitude up to her having to work on a beautiful Sunday morning.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Aimee R

I had such a great experience here! What i loved is that i could try on as many dresses as i wanted and there was no cut-off time. At other shops, i was limited to an hour or 45 minutes before i was told that my appointment would be over, and I could only try on a certain number... Read More of dresses. It's not like that at Glamour Closet. They don't take appointments, so you may have to wait a little while to try on dresses, but it's so worth it because you can try them as long as you like and really decide if it's the right one for you. I went there not expecting to find my dress after having a hard time at other stores feeling rushed. I was able to try on and re-try on dresses and found the one that i love. 2 or 3 other brides also found their dresses that same day before i tried any on, and i can see why. I would definitely recommend it to anyone feeling rushed at other salons for a great experience and really helpful people.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elisabeth Z

I went in the morning of a day that had three bridal store appointments and ended up cancelling the last two because I found my dress right away. Even though I knew it was going to take a lot of tailoring to make it perfect, there is something to be said for being able to take... Read More your dress home with you right away. The staff were friendly and helpful and there really does seem to be something for everyone in there.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Veronica V

If you want a unique one of a kind designer dress without the designer price, I completely recommend it. Service was great and not intimidating like other salons. They let you look at everything with plenty of time and no pressure to buy. All dressers are gorgeous. Only downside... Read More is limited plus size selection. It's like the TJmax for wedding dresses.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Magdalena M

Lindsey was AMAZING. She helped me find my dress after a not so great appt some place else. She made me feel comfortable and was so helpful. She cried when I found my dress. Please go to Lindsey!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Jessica V

Highly recommend this place!! They have a fantastic selection (racks of designer dresses at affordable prices, such good quality!). Jane was super knowledgeable about the styles and designers and gave us her honest opinions instead of just trying to make a sale, we LOVED working... Read More with her. We spent about 2 hours here and never once felt rushed, everyone in the store helped to make the final decision. Cannot recommend enough, thank you thank you Glamour Closet!!

Great find for the budget bride

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Katherine M

I did not want to spend thousands on my gown! I found Glamour Closet online. they sell sample gowns at a discounted price. It was tricky to find something to fit as they are all generally the same size but I found my dream gown not expecting to. Some of the gowns look rough as... Read More they have been tried on several times. My was stained and had some pulls but most were able to be fixed by the cleaners/seamstress. They were a little pushy and annoying about not being able to hold the gown I was thinking about even overnight. But it all worked out!

very cool store

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 sandra k

So they sell designer sample gowns for cheap. I bought a $6000 Ines De Santo gown, perfect condition for $2,500. They have gowns for under $1000 too. Great variety of designer gowns it was so much fun shopping there.

Tiffany at Glamour Closet is Amazing

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Christina V

Tiffany was so helpful and integral in finding my wedding dress. She picked the right accessories, and made sure me and my friends were super comfortable. I was able to take pictures for my mom who was also unable to join. Other bridal shops were not as friendly, inviting.... Read More What's not to love about finding a recommendation out of town that you love in a bridal gown. Lastly, this shop is purchase off the rack. Great shop overall and will highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 A. J

Go to Glamour Closet!!! We got engaged only 5 months before our wedding date and I was really worried about finding a dress. All of the dress shops kept telling me that I would only be able to buy something off the rack because there wasn't time to order something. I went... Read More with my mom and sister to Glamour Closet on a Friday morning and it was empty except for one other lady trying on dresses (I hear it is packed on the weekends). We worked with Tiffany, who was so wonderful. I picked out 10-15 dresses in total but ended up not trying them all on because Tiffany helped me sort through what was looking good. The dresses were hugely discounted. There were ones I liked for as little as $600 for designer dresses. I ended up with a fantastic Victor Harper dress for almost 50% off that needed almost no tailoring. During the entire time the GC staff was super helpful, patient and supportive. I even tried on a few extra dresses just to be sure - which paid off because one of the "extra dresses" was the one I ended up buying. We were in the store for less than 90 minutes. We bought the dress and walked right out with it and GC even gave us a gift card for a fantastic tailor to do the hem and bussle for my dress. I bought a veil as well, it was very simple and I bet I could have gotten one somewhere else for much less, but I was happy to have it all done. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking. You should be mentally prepared to make a decision on the spot or you risk "your dress" being gone if you wait and come back. It is a small shop so I don't recommend coming here with a huge group as it will be tight and chaotic. Come with one or two people and there are good chances you will find an amazing dress!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Aly H

I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Glamour Closet or Judy, the wonderful woman that helped me find my dress! I went to GC not expecting to buy anything, it was my first stop and I was afraid there wasn't going to be anything within my price range. Being a fairly... Read More low-key person and not big into making things into a production, I was very intimidated by wedding dress shopping. As a matter of fact, I can't say that I was very excited (*hangs head in shame*). I picked my 8 dresses and started the daunting task of trying them on. Judy was very thorough in explaining the design of the dress and exactly what would happen with alterations and how it would lay on me. She immediately put me at ease and about 2 dresses in, I realized this wasn't going to be a horrible experience, but it was actually kind of fun! Judy was the perfect buffer between me and my mom and nana, who have a very different taste in dresses than I do. She was very encouraging to make sure I was keeping my dreams in mind. I was also surprised by how patient she was as I tried on my 8 dresses, narrowed it down to 4, then 2 and tried them on each time. I didn't feel rushed, hurried or like I was wasting her time, even when I could hear how busy it was getting in the store. I work in retail, so I am a little bit of a customer-service snob. I know how I like to treat my customers and how I like to be treated. I have read so many poor reviews and, working in the industry, heard horror stories about how woman get treated shopping for dresses. I love supporting businesses that have the same philosophy I do! I knew that I wanted to buy a dress from Glamour Closet and Judy helped me find the right one! I couldn't stop smiling the entire way home!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Jerica L

I cam to glamour closet just looking to try on some dresses and what I found was THE DRESS. I tried on a handful of dresses before stumbling across the one that was made for me. The whole experience was quick and painless and I can't recommend Glamour Closet enough. I wound up... Read More telling my friend in LA to visit the store there and she also found her dress there. Hands down a great deal!

Rude to Plus Sized Brides

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Andrea C

-1,000,000 stars for this place!!! Why? Let me tell you. My friend is a plus sized bride, and she called ahead of time to see if they carried her sizes. They said yes, that they had tons of things for her. She gets there, tells the salesperson she is looking for size 18, and... Read More (wait for it), the salesperson says "OH! We don't have anything THAT big." Yes, that actually happened. My friend promptly went outside and cried in her car. I am furious. I will NEVER shop here, and I will make sure that people I know who plan to shop here are told this story. I don't have the name of the salesperson, but if I did, I would call and request that she be fired.

Great deal

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Elena G

I adored my dress. They have an amazing selection and as everything is a designer sample, everything is 50-75% off! Highly recommended.

Great value with great style!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Kimberly M

I bought my Rivini wedding gown from Glamour Closet and had such a great experience. Glamour Closet sells all sample gowns at a great discount. They are in great quality, are from recent collections, and are presented in such a low pressure atmosphere. My Rivini gown was... Read More originally priced at $5700, I bought it for $3300. It was a lace corset boddice with tool overlay on the top and the bottom was a full a-line made entirely of silk. There is simply no way I could have afforded this dress anywhere else! It was gorgeous and I got so many compliments at the wedding. Every bride should check this place out before spending more!

awesome!

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Nina M

my dress is amazing! the only downside is there is limited quanity

I found the perfect dream dress!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Erin K

I came in with a very detailed vision in mind. This was my first time shopping for a wedding dress. I knew I loved and wanted a Vera Wang dress. I had seen a few in magazines and online, but knew they would be expensive or just not able to be found. The girls here were very... Read More helpful and made you look your best. The boutique is limited so you may have to return several times, but I found it! I was able to afford the Vera of my dreams and it was in great condition. I went on a Sunday afternoon and was the only one there.

Great for when you have to buy off-the-rack

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Andrea W

Let me start by saying that I had less than four months to plan my wedding. I got engaged in late July and my wedding was November 3. I had no choice but to look at off-the-rack dresses and Glamour Closet was my one and only shopping experience. With that said, I found my dress... Read More at Glamour Closet on the first visit. I worked with Emily, who was really nice. GC had a lot of beautiful dresses. I am a street size 2-4, so was able to fit into the size 8 samples easily, which is a bonus. I liked almost every dress I tried on. My Mom wasn't able to come with me because she lives far away, so the staff was fine with my fiance (I know...) taking photos so that I could share them with her. We narrowed it down to four dresses and I went home to email the pix to my Mom, who gave her input. I called back that afternoon and purchased my final choice over the phone and picked the dress up the next week. It was simple. Prices: Dresses I tried on ranged from $650 - $2800. Unfortunately, I have expensive taste, so I went with a dress that was $2600+ with tax. It was a Lazaro. My runner-up dress was a Maggie Sottero and was about $625. Condition of dress: My dress was fairly soiled and needed to be cleaned and altered before the wedding. Alterations and cleaning were over $1200 at Davis Imperial (the cleaner they recommended). Keep that in mind when purchasing your dress. I'm 42 and have been waiting a long time to get married, so even though it was pricey, I just went with it. That said, I don't know if I can recommend Davis Imperial... I do think it was a rip-off. Selection: Once I waded through all of the dresses (which are hung very close together), I found enough dresses that I liked to try on. Other: Most bridal salons do not let you take photos of yourself in the dress normally. It was a big plus for me that GC allowed that. I think it's worth taking a look at the Glamour Closet - especially if you have a very tight time frame. My dress was gorgeous and special.