Harmony Hall Estate

Serving Central PA, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Harmony Hall is a wedding venue serving couples from central Pennsylvania. Located on over 18 acres of landscaped property the venue has indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception spaces that have the flexibility to host everything from rustic to romantic to regal wedding celebrations. The location is convenient to Harrisburg, Scranton and other central Pennsylvania towns and is also easy to reach from New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh via I-76 and other interstates.

Harmony Hall has many outdoor locations for a ceremony or reception. You may survey the grounds and find the ideal spot for you as a couple or use one of the popular spots on the grounds:

Waterfall Pond. A serene pond with a three-tier waterfall spilling into it allows you to have your ceremony with the pond and waterfall in the background. Up to 200 guests comfortably fit here.

Rose Garden. A row of beautiful pink and red roses are your setting here. This space allows up to 150 people to be seated.

Foundation Wall Site. The historic stone wall full of character and texture becomes the vows exchange backdrop for up to 250 guests.

Indoor/outdoor spaces include:

Grand Ballroom. This spot is made to party with white lounge chairs, bar, draped ceilings and LED lighting. The hardwood floor is dance-ready and windows bring in light and views. The walls are a light neutral shade and the floor is lightly stained wood so the room can handle any wedding colors. Up to 300 guests are accommodated for a sit-down dinner.

Ballroom Patio. Step outside of the ballroom to a paved patio and furniture to add extra space to your ballroom rental or rent the patio in conjunction with the lawn area for an outdoor reception. The patio fits 15 to 50 for a dinner or reception.

Outdoor Lounge. A covered pavilion makes a great bar spot and is usable with the adjacent lawn for a ceremony or reception spot. There's no guest limit here, since Harmony Hall has hosted large events with up to 1,500 guests using the grounds.

Stone House. This 1700s-era farmhouse has been recently renovated. The front steps are wide and ample enough for a ceremony with 100 guests watching on the facing lawn. Inside is a first floor that may be used for the groomsmen, used for a small dinner for 60 or a reception for up to 150. The home is decorated in neutral tones to mix and match any color scheme.

Although Harmony Hall is owned by a caterer you may bring in the caterer of your choice as well as a wedding cake from an outside baker. Your catering team and bakery must be licensed and insured. No outside bartending is allowed, but the venue has licensed and fully trained bartending staff.

There is only one event per day at Harmony Hall, so you have the entire grounds for your wedding celebrations. They also do not do site visits while events are taking place on the property.

You may rent the venues for a package deal or do an a la carte wedding. The house catering crew also offers an all-in-one catering package for the venue. They have up to 400 chairs and plenty of assorted tables to furnish your event and setup and tear down of chairs is standard for ceremony packages.

Events must end by 11:00 p.m. and any outdoor music must stop by 9:00 p.m.

Harmony Hall has a renovated bridal suite on the top floor of the Stone House that is well-equipped for the bridal party to do their pre-wedding hair and makeup. The bridal suite has the following features:

• Professional salon chairs
  • Twelve feet of counter space and mirror
  • Dressing area with wall of mirrors
  • Bridal dining area
  • Special wedding and bridesmaid dress hangers
  • Lovely chaise lounge for pictures
  • Big windows for natural light

FREE Venue Rental + FREE Honeymoon Accommodations!

Harmony Hall Estate is a short drive from Hershey, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York. Whether you are planning a rustic chic wedding, a formal black tie affair or something in between Harmony Hall Estate's team of wedding professionals will help you create your dream wedding. Experience the endless possibilities at Harmony Hall Estate! **FREE Venue Rental *FREE Caribbean 7 Night Honeymoon Accommodations *FREE 0% Interest Payment Plans Now Offering Destination Wedding Planning & Honeymoons! Call today to discover the Endless Possibilities at Harmony Hall Estate! 717.985.9300 ex 1

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1400 Fulling Mill Road, Serving Central PA, PA (717) 985-9300

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Julie H

My husband and I just got married last Saturday and had our reception at Harmony Hall. We could not have asked for a better venue! We wanted something that would have the feeling of both an indoor and outdoor wedding and that is definitely what we got! Karen, Jill, and Lexi were... Read More so helpful in putting together a beautiful wedding for us! The guests complimented how beautiful the venue was, how awesome the food was, and how much fun our wedding was! Jill was amazingly helpful to work with...whenever we needed her, she was there to talk and answer our questions! She made us feel calm and relaxed, and took all of the stress out of wedding planning! She gave us helpful suggestions, and has a vast knowledge of what will work and will look good! During the wedding, she took care of everything so that we could enjoy our special day! If we could get married again, we would pick Harmony Hall in a heartbeat! It is such a great value for the price you pay! There aren't any hidden fees. They are very honest and upfront! If you have any other venue in mind, take a tour here first!!!

2016-07-25T07:59:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Julie & Kurt for the great review for allowing Harmony Hall to be a part of your wedding day. It was a pleasure helping you bring your dream wedding inspirations to life. Congratulations,we wish you all the happiness in the world,

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Angie S

My husband and I had a dreamy wedding at Harmony Hall Estate on 9/10/16. WWe could not have asked for a more friendly, organized, and professional staff!!! We loved being able to have everything all on one property. And so many unique places on site to have the ceremony!!! I... Read More appreciate all the little things that Harmony Hall does thay we didn't find with other places. Preferred vendors contacted us; we didn't need to do endless searches for the right photographer, dj, etc. And the little things they have that we didn't need to purchase: like centerpieces, draperies already on the ceiling, etc. Thank you so very much and we truly had a blast working with you!!!

2016-10-01T12:23:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Angela and Matthew for the lovely review. It was our pleasure helping you make your wedding day dreams come true!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Jessica A

Harmony Hall was the first place that I looked at for a venue. I immediately fell in love with the farmhouse. We ended up booking it and had our wedding ceremony right on the farmhouse steps. There are many other places to have the ceremony as well which makes Harmony Hall an... Read More even better choice. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and responsiveness by both Karen and Jill. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I can't thank them enough for all of their help. I would definitely recommend Harmony Hall to future brides to be.

2016-05-19T15:00:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica and Adam for such a lovely review. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding day. We wish you both endless years of happiness!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Morgan S

Harmony Hall was such a great venue for our wedding reception. The staff is so helpful and available at any time. The venue was beautiful, it was the most stress free part of my wedding :)

2017-03-12T18:27:53 Response from the vendor

Morgan and Craig, Thank you for the lovely review. It was our pleasure working with you and your family. We loved the Super Jill costume your mom made for Jill

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Kristina H

Amazing place to get married and have your reception! Every single person raved about Harmony Hall on how beautiful it was and the amazing job they did! The food was amazing and everyone also raved about it! No complaints at all! GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jill and... Read More Lexi were so amazing and so helpful!!!!!!!

2017-03-12T18:29:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. It was our pleasure working with you both! Best wishes

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kirsten H

Karen, Jill, and Lexi were a great team to work with at HH. They were so friendly and responsive. Any odd questions I had, they were there to answer. The venue was beautifully set up by them on our wedding day. I could not be happier. Props to the chef, Ashley, the food was sooo... Read More good! Our server checked on us continually and made sure our drinks were never empty. All around perfect experience, I had the wedding of my dreams!

2017-03-12T18:30:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. There is never an odd question when it comes to planning a wedding :, we are always glad to help. It was our pleasure helping you plan your dream wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Andrea P

My husband and I got married at Harmony Hall in July. I am the type of person that does a lot of research and number crunching before I make a decision – and this decision was easy. There was no other venue that I explored (and I looked at a lot) that could provide the... Read More quality, service, and amenities that Harmony Hall could for a comparable price. Before I even started working with the folks at Harmony Hall I concluded that this was the best “bang” for my “buck”. Throughout the entire process, Jill and Karen were very helpful and accommodating. They worked with me through all of my visions and changes of visions and new ideas and tossing out old ideas without hesitation. When the day of my wedding arrived, I was completely relaxed because I felt comfortable that the staff at Harmony Hall had everything taken care of, and they did. The plan was to get married around the pond, but of course it poured down buckets of rain that day (good luck??) The rain was off and on so I had to make a last minute decision. With 10 minutes to spare, Jill and her team were able to move everything to the rain back up plan and it was more beautiful getting married inside than I had imagined. The wait staff and bar tenders were amazing. There was not a moment when I didn’t have some Gin in my hand. I got so many complements from guests on the service, drinks and food and several that commented on how smoothly everything went. The following are a list of my top “selling points” when I decided on Harmony and all were delivered: The opportunity for pictures, the bridal suite, the assistance from the wedding coordinator, the organization of the operation, the price, and the food options. Highly recommend.

2016-10-27T17:35:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. Nothing makes us happier than when we are able to help make our couples wedding day dreams come true! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Whitney S

From our very first tour of Harmony Hall all the way up to our wedding day, the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding the best day ever. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, and there are so many places on the property to hold your ceremony and have pictures taken... Read More (which was pretty important to me). From the stone wall/ruins to the farm house we were wowed by every aspect of the venue. From the beginning, the staff were willing to accommodate our requests. We weren't interested in a formal sit down dinner, so Karen helped us craft the perfect menu for our guests, a pizza bar, pasta bar, and slider bar (our guests loved it). Along the way, Jill was always super responsive to any questions we had, and helped ease the stress of wedding planning. On the day of, Jill and Lexi made sure everything went off smoothly and on time, allowing us to have a good time and not worry about anything. I truly can't express how amazing this venue and all the staff are! They helped us have a perfect wedding day!

2016-10-26T00:59:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing review, it means a lot to all of us at Harmony Hall Estate that we were able help you make your wedding day dreams come true.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Stefanie R

We love Harmony Hall! We were married there on 9-3-16 and it was the best day ever :) Karen, Jill & Lexi were all so helpful and so responsive when I had any questions or silly ideas about anything. The venue itself is gorgeous. We were married outside around the pond and had... Read More our reception in the ball room. The convenience of using Harmony Hall is just incredible. We dropped all of our wedding decorations off the Wednesday before the wedding, and it was all set up for us by our wedding day and after the last dance, the staff at Harmony Hall had everything packed up and was helping to load my dads car in a matter of 10 minutes. Sherry, a server at Harmony Hall was amazing. She tended to us in the Farm House prior to our ceremony and then again during our cock tail hour. She was so great and so attentive. During the reception, she came to find my husband and I when our food was ready and ensured we got a break and sat down to eat. She also made sure everyone always had a full glass that wanted one :) Sherry was just fantastic. Jill was amazing with her fast responses and her ease of just knowing what to do. I would like to mention that during the year process (from time of booking until our wedding day) Karen and Jill had a word document that they maintained and sent to my husband and I after each meeting with all of the notes and arrangements that were discussed. During our rehearsal, we had a lot of questions in regards to timing of couples walking out etc, and during the rehearsal and during our actual ceremony, Jill and Lexi were there and made sure everyone walked out at the exact right time. We did not have a videographer so I am forever grateful to Lexi for capturing the moment we were announced as Mr. and Mrs. and sending it to me :) I can't say enough good things about Harmony Hall. I highly recommend them for your wedding or any event. My work Christmas party was there a few years in a row and they do wonderful catering for events as well as weddings.

2016-10-26T01:00:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the great review, it means a great deal to all of us at Harmony Hall Estate that we had the honor of being a part of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Stacy T

We cannot say enough about how wonderful this venue is. Karen, Jill, and their staff were absolutely amazing to work with and made our wedding day a breeze...even on the hottest day of the year! Everything was stunningly perfect and I'm so happy that we chose Harmony Hall as... Read More the venue for our ceremony and reception. The farmhouse was the perfect place to relax and get ready for the wedding, and the steps made a gorgeous ceremony location. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed, and everyone had an amazing time. Thank you, Harmony Hall, for making our wedding day the most perfect day for us!!

2016-10-26T01:01:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day and sharing your experience with other brides. It was our pleasure!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Jessica W

Thank you so much Harmony Hall for making my wedding day so wonderful. Everything was perfect even though it was HOT outside. Karen, Jill, and Lexi are fantastic! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

2016-10-26T01:02:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review, we can't thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Paula M

5.0 Harmony Hall was great. They were there to help planning process. The room was set-up perfect. Jill and Karen were so personable and easy to talk too, and work with. They answered all my questions in a timely manner. The staff was amazing and provided wonderful service.... Read More Many of our guest commented on how great the staff was. We as the bride and groom had personal service which was so nice. The food also tasted great and also got many compliments of how wonderful the food was. They took of care of our special diet request. We had a custom menu which was outstanding!! The whole property is so beautiful, and amazing for lots of pictures. The bridal suite is so perfect to get ready. My hair and make-up crew said that there was a lot of room and space was best place they ever did on-site make-up and hair. The whole day was just perfect, and exactly what I wanted. Thank you for being apart of my special day and making it so perfect and wonderful. You made my dreams come true!!

2016-10-26T01:02:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review and allowing us to help you make your wedding day dreams come true!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Alvin T

We had an amazing time! Thank you for being a huge help and part of our special day! You were so easy to work with!

2016-10-26T01:03:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review and sharing your experience with other brides. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016

Harmony Hall is a beautiful place for your wedding or reception. They will meet with you several times to fine tune your event. Karen and Jill are great to work with and seek to make you happy. They have an inventory of items to use for decorating and are organized and... Read More flexible. Our food was delicious and served hot! (Make sure to get the artichoke dip!) The grounds are beautiful with lots of space for guests to move around and enjoy. The staff was pleasant throughout and a minor incident with an elderly guest was handled extremely well and discreetly. Thanks to all!

2016-10-26T01:04:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review, it means a great deal to all of us at Harmony Hall Estate that we were able to help you make your wedding day dreams come true.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jessica M

Karen, Jill and the rest of the team at Harmony Hall are a long distance bride's dream! My fiance and I live in Wisconsin and decided to get married back in my home town. We chose Harmony Hall for it's all-inclusive feel. Meaning, everything we needed they were able to either do... Read More themselves or direct us to their preferred vendors that could help us. This made wedding planning from over 800 miles away SO EASY. On the day of my wedding my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and I all used the upstairs bridal suite in the farm house to get ready. We had a team come to us and do all of our hair and makeup. The suite is so spacious and even had a fridge, microwave and champagne bucket for us to use! The fact that nobody had to drive around from place to place made the day go smoothly and stress free. And, once the photographer arrived I had the most beautiful setting for pictures. When we arrived for the reception we were treated so well. The team had set up a special cocktail hour area for the bridal party to use in the farm house and even had all of our requested drinks waiting. During the entire event the wait staff checked in with both my husband and I to ensure we were happy. They even boxed up some extra cake for us since we didn't have time to eat any! I can't recommend Harmony Hall, Karen, Jill and their team enough! They will make your wedding day into whatever you want it to be. The service you receive far exceeds the price that you pay. You won't regret using them!!

Harmony Hall did a wonderful job!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We chose Harmony Hall as the venue for our daughter's wedding, and we were extremely satisfied with the choice. The food, the decor, the service, and the hospitality were top notch, and the Harmony Hall crew's help with the planning was invaluable. We used some of their... Read More recommended vendors as well, and all of them came through for us in a big way! Our guests loved the setting and commented on how roomy yet intimate the hall is. Jill and Karen were great to work with and were always available to answer any questions. We would definitely choose Harmony Hall again for any similar event. Rich and Joette Swartz

2015-10-20T18:06:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the lovely review. It has been our pleasure working you and your family.

Harmony Hall Review

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My daughter's wedding was held @ Harmony Hall this summer. The venue was beautiful, the service was exceptional, the food very good, and everything a good value. Relatives are still talking about how nice it was. Jill was so organized and anticipated EVERYTHING that we needed.... Read More We checked out a lot of different venues and were extremely pleased w/ Harmony Hall.

Awesome Reception

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

The planning of the reception was professionally handled with a timeline that was approprite and timely. Karen and Jill listened to our requests and the final result was perfect! Having access to the Hall all day was comforting. The bridal party utilized the farm house for... Read More pre wedding preparation. There is plenty of space and a relaxing atmosphere. The reception was flawless! The staff took care of everything and frequently checked with me to be sure that there were no needs overlooked. I enjoyed every moment of interaction with the Harmony Hall staff!

Reviewed on 5/02/2015

Searching for a venue has been the most difficult part of process, and I have appreciated all the vendors who have been pleasant and more than helpful on giving us any and all information through email. Based on customer service alone, I am disappointed in this venue. Their... Read More email was automatic and referred me to the website more than once when I had questions. I've also read other not-so-great reviews on different websites. My suggestion would be to acquire more interpersonal skills so you don't miss opportunities with future clients like us.

2015-05-03T18:57:15 Response from the vendor

I do not make it a practice to reply to public post unless they are incorrect. One of the things we hear most often is that we are prompt with our responses and give couples more information than most venues/caterers. We do not use automated... Read Less Read More

Great venue great service!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Laurie M

We loved working with Karen's, especially with Jill. The service, food, venue and decor were fantastic! They really made the event tailored to us and we felt very special.

Beautiful venue, great value

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Abbey F

I am so grateful to Karen, Jill and the entire staff at Harmony Hall for giving my husband and me the wedding of our dreams! The venue is unlike others in the area in that it provides unique settings inside and outside which can easily be transformed to fit any bride's theme.... Read More Karen and Jill worked closely with me from day one, returned my calls and emails quickly and answered all of my questions. While we chose this venue for many reasons, one of the greatest perks was the package pricing where all of the food/alcohol/décor is included. We were very overwhelmed when looking at other venues that required you to contract separately for catering (everything down to the silverware) plus vendors, décor, etc. Harmony Hall offers all of these services together, along with great recommendations for preferred vendors. The catering/service staff went out of their way to ensure our guests had nothing but the best experience the entire night. Overall, our wedding came together perfectly and went off without a hitch. We received nothing but rave reviews from guests about the food, service staff and venue. I would highly recommend Harmony Hall to any bride!

Not a great experience

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 MaryKate B

I will start of by saying that this is a beautiful venue and they made sure our wedding reception went smoothly. However, we did not have a good experience with this vendor. When my husband and I initially met with Harmony Hall to look at this venue, we met with a really nice... Read More lady who seemed great to work with. We felt comfortable after that initial meeting with Harmony Hall and wanted to book the venue. However, we met the owner, Karen Taylor, at our second meeting (after we had already booked with them) and regretted deciding to go with Harmony Hall for our wedding reception. We felt that Karen was very unkind and inappropriate. She made negative comments about past clients and tried very hard to convince us to go with their 'in-house' florist and 'in-house' DJ who conveniently were her daughter and son (her son worked with this particular DJ). We were planning our wedding from out of town (due to our careers but we are from the area) and if we wanted to try food from the menu; we had to make a seperate trip back to the venue during one of their open houses. Their bar options are very expensive and their top option did not even include a good variety of quality alcohol. I know this is a business and they have to make money, however we felt like they were trying to 'nickel & dime' us the whole time. I also received complaints from some of our other vendors and my husband that they were not easy to get in touch with when you wanted to talk with an actual person. Fast forward to the wedding and I received complaints from guests and some of our other vendors that the staff was very unfriendly. This is a beautiful venue and our wedding reception did turn out really nice, however it wasn't worth the unfriendliness we experienced especially with the price we paid to have our reception there. I know if we had met with the owner the very first time we looked at Harmony Hall, we would not have booked with them.

JP

Reviewed on 3/13/2014 Jessica B

The Civic Club of Harrisburg is an excellent location to have a wedding and/or a reception. We had our reception here and all of our guests complimented on the building, historic charm and view. The fee to have our reception here was comparable to most of the other reception... Read More sites in the area. There venue offers two floors with the building rental. Our cocktail hour was one the first floor of the building, which had ample space for our wedding (60 guests). The ballroom is located on the second floor. Guests are allowed to move freely throughout the building for a majority of the reception. The only issue we ran into is the parking. Once you figure out the parking or transportation, the rest is smooth sailing.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Susie S

We recently had our wedding reception at the Civic Club and were very satisfied. The historic building offered the originality and character that local hotels didn't offer. The venue is beautiful itself and even more scenic with the lights along the bridges, onsite gardens and... Read More riverfront setting, which can easily be enjoyed through the large windows surrounding the banquet hall. Jill, Karen and the rest of the staff were amazing. They catered to my vegetarian needs, which was very important on my wedding day. All of the small personal details that we wanted turned out exactly as planned. Jill was on top of everything and seemed to be local whenever we needed something, but never intrusive. Jill, Karen and the staff consistently responded promptly to any questions we had, which was extremely useful since we did not have a wedding planner and both worked full time. I found everyone to be very pleasant to work with and extremely professional and efficient. Our only drawback was having to pack up all that we brought immediately after the wedding when you've had a long day and want to continue celebrating with your guests. It would be much easier if this could have been done Sunday morning. However, Jill and the staff were great at packing the items back into the boxes from which they came and were labeled.

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Anna E

My reception was held at Harmony Hall - we were married 11/5/11. It was beautiful. Karen & Jill are both so easy to work with. They make the whole planning process so easy! The day went smoothly and all our guests had a blast. Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. To... Read More this day, our friends still talk about how fun our wedding was. Harmony Hall is a beautiful venue and the staff go above and beyond to make your special day perfect.

Karen Taylor

Karen Taylor, owner of Karen’s Catering, started her business in 1987 and soon realized that Central PA did not have private event venues to host weddings, business and social events. In 1999,Karen purchased the property from Easter Seals and has spent the last 17 years renovating, restoring and adding new features to the property. Harmony Hall Estate features acres of manicured lawn, a natural wooded setting, a serene pond with a waterfall, multiple outdoor ceremony sites, a grand ballroom and a newly restored farm house with salon area, bridal suite and groomsmen gathering area.