Hint of Shimmer: On-location Wedding Makeup

We cover Austin and all of the surrounding areas.

Austin Wedding Makeup Artists

Austin Area Makeup Artists, specialized in on-location wedding, portrait and event makeup. Wedding hairstylists are also available to complete your total bridal look!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Austin, TX We cover Austin and all of the surrounding areas. (512) 879-8440

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Maricel D

Lauren (Owner and make-up artist) and Kelly (hair) are an unstoppable pair. Lauren was incredibly responsive from the beginning. She provided detailed quotes, answered all of my questions, and sent me contracts and information quickly. I went to Lauren's studio to get my hair... Read More and make-up trial done for bridal photos, and was really pleased with the process and results. I brought inspirational photos to give them an idea of what I liked. Kelly incorporated my hair accessories into the perfect updo. Lauren created a natural yet elegant make-up look for me, and even gave me blotting papers and touch-up lipstick for later. On the wedding day, Lauren and Kelly met us at the hotel and immediately got to work. We started at 9 AM and they got through 2 moms, a flower girl, the bride, and 5 other women by 1:30 PM (this includes 2 people who decided they wanted hair and make-up that day). The make-up included false lashes which added a nice touch. Lauren and Kelly were very accommodating and professional. I highly recommend booking Hint of Shimmer! Great investment!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Allison C

I just want to say how great Lauren and her team are! I booked with Lauren about ONE month right outside of my wedding date and she saved my life!! I was so thankful for her to be available on my date and not only that....but to be available for my last minute bridal session as... Read More well! She was very accommodating as I live in Houston now and had to travel back to Austin for everything (my portraits/wedding, etc) I'm so thankful for her and her team! You will not be disappointed, I love Lauren's approach too, she starts out on the "lighter" side and if you want to make it darker, you can let her know. My bridesmaids and I loved that was how she approached her make-up, she didn't just make everything dark and you deal with it. She wants your input and she does a GREAT job executing it. I think ALL brides will enjoy working with her :) I also LOVE the airbrush!!! Not many make-up artists use it but I love that she does. :) BOOK HER!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Allan D

Lauren was my favorite vendor that I booked for my wedding! I looked forward to seeing her with each meeting (she did my makeup for my bridals too) and I was soothed by her understanding and kindness. She was a stress-free place to be on both of those days! She listened to my... Read More requests for one small change (that was actually my fiance's request) from the bridals to the wedding day and I looked stunning! I kept thinking, I just can't take any credit for how I look, she did it! The airbrush makeup stayed on like a champ and I literally had to rub it off with my hands in the shower at the end of the night to get it off. Lauren was flexible, kind, reliable, and a beauty herself - she made me confident in an area that I have no confidence at all (because I don't normally wear makeup). Thank you Lauren. You're the best. -Alex (I don't know why I'm registered under Allan's name...)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Morgan W

Lauren and Kelly did the hair and make-up for my whole bridal party and I was so impressed. We made a few tweaks to my look between the trial and day-of and both my hair and make-up turned out perfectly. I felt beautiful and it was all thanks to these two ladies. Lauren is very... Read More communicative and a real professional. They were always early and I LOVE that. Thank you ladies for making my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Nicole D

She did an amazing job on my make up and it was exactly what I wanted. She was quick and punctual!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Carly T

Lauren and Kelly were AWESOME - they were helpful and accommodating from the start! I went for my hair and makeup trial run and ended up changing my entire look multiple times and Kelly and Lauren adapted flawlessly to my requests! Without having a clear idea of what I wanted,... Read More they both put together a look that seemed effortless and made me feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicole M

I really enjoyed having the ladies from Hint of Shimmer do makeup and hair for my bridesmaids, flower girl, my mom and I! They were accommodating with our schedule and very helpful when I had a question in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We really liked our airbrush makeup!... Read More It was comfortable and lasted through all the happy tears of the ceremony and the partying of the reception! I loved my hair, too! I definitely recommend their services!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Melissa W

Lauren was AMAZING! I did not have a clear picture of what I wanted, just a vision of what I could look like on my wedding day and my reception. She got everything perfect! She not only styled me for my small family wedding, she also styled me for my reception that was 5... Read More weeks later. I had 2 different looks for both events and could not have been happier with the outcomes. Not only is she reliable, but she is incredibility sweet and accommodating and made the entire experience easy and fun! Could not recommend anyone more highly than her!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelsey C

I couldn't have asked for better make-up for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day! Lauren and her team were so great and all of my (10) bridesmaids looked stunning. I was also so happy with my makeup, and I received so many compliments! It also looked fabulous in pictures and... Read More stayed in place all night long.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Lauren P

Lauren did an amazing job with my makeup for our engagements, my bridals and especially on our wedding day! Not only did I look fantastic in all my photos but I still looked like myself! The day of my wedding she made sure everyone got their make up done according to the... Read More schedule and we were all ready to go when the photographer showed up later that afternoon. I can't say enough about how great she is at her job!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

Hint of Shimmer was a perfect choice for our wedding hair and makeup! Lauren did an absolutely beautiful job on me, my mom, and my maids of honor for our wedding make-up! We got so many compliments, and it made our photos even more beautiful! Kelly was a rock-star and handled me... Read More and my bridal party and had our hair looking the most beautiful I have ever seen it! They are so worth booking, and could easily charge more for their services! You won't regret choosing them!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kathleen L

We used Hint of Shimmer with Lauren for both my engagement photos as well as for the wedding. She was amazing! She made booking and planning super easy. I also thought the website she uses for contracts and payments was extremely handy to use since I live out of town and have a... Read More busy work schedule so it was nice to have a convenient website to access. I absolutely loved my whole wedding parties hair/makeup on the wedding day. I would highly recommend Hint of Shimmer to other brides!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessie J

I was VERY picky with most of my vendors, and we ended up with a $50,000 wedding for 80 people. Needless to say, makeup and hair were very important. I loved working with Lauren and Hint of Shimmer, they are completely reasonable price wise for the quality you're getting. (They... Read More were not AT ALL the reason we went over budget!) I definitely recommend doing the trial hair and makeup before the wedding - I'm really picky and my face is kind of awkward to put makeup on (like I look HORRIBLE with lower eyelash mascara), and Lauren immediately picked up on all of my input. Also, because I'm lazy, I left my wedding hair and makeup on for a few days (we had brunch, after parties, etc.) - completely lasted. I danced so much I was sweating at my wedding, and the departure pictures were still perfect because my hair and makeup were perfectly intact. Going with Hint of Shimmer made my wedding day much less stressful, I knew they'd make me look beautiful and they exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 jana h

I have to say , I looked Damn Good and it was all to Lauren and her team! I wish I had more reason to get air brushed!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa H

I have no doubt that Lauren does awesome makeup, but due to some scheduling circumstances I ended up only using Hint of Shimmer for hair. Roxy came to the hotel and did hair for me and my seven bridesmaids. She was AWESOME! Everyone loved her, and most importantly everyone... Read More loved their hair. Roxy is such a sweet person and she was a delight to have in the bridal suite all day. Roxy was even kind of enough to re-do my niece's hair with no complaint (it looked cute the first time too but my niece decided she'd rather wear it up than down). I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Robin F

Thank you Hint of Shimmer Team, beautiful bride and bridal party. Could not have asked for more cooperation and great results!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Chantal P

Lauren & Kelly did an amazing job! I loved the look they gave me :)

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Terra T

My wedding was in a different city than I live in so I was VERY nervous about getting someone to do my hair and makeup. I looked online and read reviews and something about Hint Of Shimmer just really stood out to me. I reached out to Lauren and she was super helpful through the... Read More whole thing. We emailed back and forth a lot and she was great with answering all my questions. I wasn’t sure I would be able to do a trail run for my hair and makeup but she was willing to work with me and I’m glad I did. Her and Kelly (I believe that was the hair lady) were really nice and quite funny. I’m a talker so they were able to put up with me for the trial run and the next day for the wedding. They showed up at our hotel room nice and early and worked their magic on my ladies and myself. They were very funny and easygoing. The makeup was wonderful. I don’t wear a lot of makeup so I always am nervous but she did a great job. Loved them both and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Stress Free and Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Lindsey T

I cannot say enough great things about these ladies. I went into my trial/bridal portrait session with just a couple of pictures of what I was going for. They both understood and made me feel beautiful. Because I had worked with them previously for my trail, the day of was nice... Read More and calm. They worked on location from my on-site cottage and provided hair and make-up for the bride, 2 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and flower girl. I loved working with them, their prices were very reasonable, and all of my pictures turned out beautiful!

Engagement pictures

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Brittany C

Lauren did my hair and makeup for my second attempt at engagement pictures and I absolutely LOVED it. I received so many compliments and felt so beautiful. The price was very reasonable and she was such a pleasure to be around. I cannot wait to have her do my hair and makeup for... Read More my bridals. You're awesome thank you so much Lauren!!!!

Wedding Experience!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Lida C

Lauren was so easy t work with! She understood what I was looking for and was definitely able to deliver. I told her that my now husband always complemented my makeup after our trials or photo shoots. My wedding party was also head over heels for her airbrush makeup. Many of... Read More my girls wanted to take her home to have their makeup done daily by Lauren. My makeup always lasted. I even learned a few tips as well as discovered a new lip color that I still use thanks to her. Lauren provided all my makeup needs through out the year leading up to our wedding. I would recommend Lauren without hesitation. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

Hint of Shimmer is Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Lauren S

Lauren Davis and Hint of Shimmer made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! Lauren is a beautiful woman, inside and out and is willing to go in any direction that her clients suggest. I am not a girl that wears a lot of makeup regularly and I LOVED the look that Lauren gave... Read More me! She did makeup for most of my bridesmaids as well and we were done with plenty of time to spare looking gorgeous! If you want to feel beautiful and relaxed on your wedding day, seriously look no further than Hint of Shimmer.

Hint of Shimmer is amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Hailey V

Lauren at Hint of Shimmer did the make up for my wedding and it was fantastic!! During my trial, she listened to what I wanted and gave me a great idea of what my wedding-day look would be like. When I asked for a change here or there, she was totally receptive and I felt like I... Read More could tell her exactly what I did and didn't want without any pressure (like you get sometimes at a makeup counter!). She also did a trial spray tan to give me an idea of what it would look like and help me decide if I wanted one closer to the wedding....which I totally did!! She also did the makeup for my mom and sister and it turned out stunning!! She is super nice and that made it even easier to work with her!! I would highly recommend hiring Hint of Shimmer for all your make-up needs!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Traci L

Lauren and Kelly were both absolutely amazing!!! They took the ideas that I had and made them even better. They were so personable and so nice throughout the entire process. I recently had a baby and was going through a funk where I didn't feel pretty for a really long time... Read More and after they worked their magic, I felt absolutely gorgeous. Along with my bridesmaids, they also made my mother look amazing. My dad cried when he saw her. I highly recommend them!

Amazing Service and Results in a Time Crunch!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

My husband and I had decided it would be a brilliant idea to run the Austin Marathon and then get married afterward. While it turned out to be a blast, we took way longer than we thought and things were a cluster at the end to say the least. Lauren did an awesome job of getting... Read More everyone's make up done beautifully and quickly, with a couple men also traipsing around the small hotel room. Not only that, she had to finish mine while I was getting my hair done at the same time. She was incredibly professional and friendly. I can't imagine anyone else turning a soggy looking runner into a pretty bride the way she did! Would wholeheartedly recommend Hint of Shimmer!

Lauren Hogenson

Hint of Shimmer is a professional airbrush makeup and event hair styling company based in Austin, Texas. We specialize in traveling to clients and providing beauty services at the their location. Since founded by Lauren Hogenson in 2010, our team has expanded to include other exceptional makeup artists and hairstylists ready to accommodate clients on-site in and around Austin.