Hint of Shimmer: On-location Wedding Makeup

We cover Austin and all of the surrounding areas.

Austin Wedding Makeup Artists

Austin Area Makeup Artists, specialized in on-location wedding, portrait and event makeup. Wedding hairstylists are also available to complete your total bridal look!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Austin, TX We cover Austin and all of the surrounding areas. (512) 879-8440

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Maricel D

Lauren (Owner and make-up artist) and Kelly (hair) are an unstoppable pair. Lauren was incredibly responsive from the beginning. She provided detailed quotes, answered all of my questions, and sent me contracts and information quickly. I went to Lauren's studio to get my hair... Read More and make-up trial done for bridal photos, and was really pleased with the process and results. I brought inspirational photos to give them an idea of what I liked. Kelly incorporated my hair accessories into the perfect updo. Lauren created a natural yet elegant make-up look for me, and even gave me blotting papers and touch-up lipstick for later. On the wedding day, Lauren and Kelly met us at the hotel and immediately got to work. We started at 9 AM and they got through 2 moms, a flower girl, the bride, and 5 other women by 1:30 PM (this includes 2 people who decided they wanted hair and make-up that day). The make-up included false lashes which added a nice touch. Lauren and Kelly were very accommodating and professional. I highly recommend booking Hint of Shimmer! Great investment!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Allison C

I just want to say how great Lauren and her team are! I booked with Lauren about ONE month right outside of my wedding date and she saved my life!! I was so thankful for her to be available on my date and not only that....but to be available for my last minute bridal session as... Read More well! She was very accommodating as I live in Houston now and had to travel back to Austin for everything (my portraits/wedding, etc) I'm so thankful for her and her team! You will not be disappointed, I love Lauren's approach too, she starts out on the "lighter" side and if you want to make it darker, you can let her know. My bridesmaids and I loved that was how she approached her make-up, she didn't just make everything dark and you deal with it. She wants your input and she does a GREAT job executing it. I think ALL brides will enjoy working with her :) I also LOVE the airbrush!!! Not many make-up artists use it but I love that she does. :) BOOK HER!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Allan D

Lauren was my favorite vendor that I booked for my wedding! I looked forward to seeing her with each meeting (she did my makeup for my bridals too) and I was soothed by her understanding and kindness. She was a stress-free place to be on both of those days! She listened to my... Read More requests for one small change (that was actually my fiance's request) from the bridals to the wedding day and I looked stunning! I kept thinking, I just can't take any credit for how I look, she did it! The airbrush makeup stayed on like a champ and I literally had to rub it off with my hands in the shower at the end of the night to get it off. Lauren was flexible, kind, reliable, and a beauty herself - she made me confident in an area that I have no confidence at all (because I don't normally wear makeup). Thank you Lauren. You're the best. -Alex (I don't know why I'm registered under Allan's name...)

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Natalie S

What an amazing day our wedding was! A large part of this was the work of Victoria (hair) and Lauren (makeup). My hair and makeup trials were handled with as much care as the day of the wedding. Both of these ladies worked to make sure that each of the bridesmaids, the mothers... Read More of the groom and bride, and the bride had their hair and makeup exactly they way we had envisioned. For example, Lauren changed my lip color at least three times! Yikes--that sounds like a crazy bride moment--and she handled it with style and finesse. Fantastic work--kudos!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Andrea C

I had such a great experience with Hint of Shimmer! It started with a quick search of wedding makeup/hair artists in Austin, where I was looking for someone with a fresh style and the flexibility to not stay totally "bride-y" in their choices. I did my first makeup trial with... Read More Lauren and found that while I had gotten exactly the look that I had asked for (and one that looked lovely) on about 2 week's reflection (I take a while to process), it wasn't really me. The hair part of the trial was a little easier because I have very short hair and we were able to work out what little kinks there were in no time. Lauren was so patient with me and we did another trial where I was better able to talk about what I liked and didn't like. She was so accommodating and managed to find a perfect look that was both very me and very polished. They also made my bridesmaid and mother feel like royalty (seriously guys, they were so happy!). I really felt so beautiful and the photos came out so well because the gals at Hint of Shimmer really know their business. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Katie H

I have only had my hair/makeup trial and am already blown away by Lauren (owner) & Kelly (hair stylist)! From day 1, Lauren has been extremely easy to work and communicate with. They have a great range of services to choose from and make the payment/decision process super... Read More easy. I went in today for my hair/makeup trial at Lauren's house & was running super late - Lauren was very understanding and remained calm & collected! Right when I got there, I could tell Lauren & Kelly make a solid team & are both super talented at what they do. They have their process down! Which is super helpful when doing a bride, 8 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and a grandma's hair/makeup on your wedding day! I sent Lauren some pictures of what I was thinking for my hair & makeup.. and then they went to work! They get to know you as a person which is why they do such a great job putting together a custom look. I'm so excited for our wedding day! Thank you Lauren & Kelly!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Miranda R

Lauren was fantastic! I found Lauren on the Knot based on reviews and she did not disappoint. I did one makeup trial at her home and it went so well that we didn't need to tweak anything for the day of. I got so many compliments on my makeup that day and it's all thanks to... Read More Lauren. Lauren also did my bridesmaids makeup and they all looked flawless. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Morgan W

Lauren and Kelly did the hair and make-up for my whole bridal party and I was so impressed. We made a few tweaks to my look between the trial and day-of and both my hair and make-up turned out perfectly. I felt beautiful and it was all thanks to these two ladies. Lauren is very... Read More communicative and a real professional. They were always early and I LOVE that. Thank you ladies for making my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Nicole D

She did an amazing job on my make up and it was exactly what I wanted. She was quick and punctual!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Carly T

Lauren and Kelly were AWESOME - they were helpful and accommodating from the start! I went for my hair and makeup trial run and ended up changing my entire look multiple times and Kelly and Lauren adapted flawlessly to my requests! Without having a clear idea of what I wanted,... Read More they both put together a look that seemed effortless and made me feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicole M

I really enjoyed having the ladies from Hint of Shimmer do makeup and hair for my bridesmaids, flower girl, my mom and I! They were accommodating with our schedule and very helpful when I had a question in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We really liked our airbrush makeup!... Read More It was comfortable and lasted through all the happy tears of the ceremony and the partying of the reception! I loved my hair, too! I definitely recommend their services!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Melissa W

Lauren was AMAZING! I did not have a clear picture of what I wanted, just a vision of what I could look like on my wedding day and my reception. She got everything perfect! She not only styled me for my small family wedding, she also styled me for my reception that was 5... Read More weeks later. I had 2 different looks for both events and could not have been happier with the outcomes. Not only is she reliable, but she is incredibility sweet and accommodating and made the entire experience easy and fun! Could not recommend anyone more highly than her!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelsey C

I couldn't have asked for better make-up for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day! Lauren and her team were so great and all of my (10) bridesmaids looked stunning. I was also so happy with my makeup, and I received so many compliments! It also looked fabulous in pictures and... Read More stayed in place all night long.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Lauren P

Lauren did an amazing job with my makeup for our engagements, my bridals and especially on our wedding day! Not only did I look fantastic in all my photos but I still looked like myself! The day of my wedding she made sure everyone got their make up done according to the... Read More schedule and we were all ready to go when the photographer showed up later that afternoon. I can't say enough about how great she is at her job!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

Hint of Shimmer was a perfect choice for our wedding hair and makeup! Lauren did an absolutely beautiful job on me, my mom, and my maids of honor for our wedding make-up! We got so many compliments, and it made our photos even more beautiful! Kelly was a rock-star and handled me... Read More and my bridal party and had our hair looking the most beautiful I have ever seen it! They are so worth booking, and could easily charge more for their services! You won't regret choosing them!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kathleen L

We used Hint of Shimmer with Lauren for both my engagement photos as well as for the wedding. She was amazing! She made booking and planning super easy. I also thought the website she uses for contracts and payments was extremely handy to use since I live out of town and have a... Read More busy work schedule so it was nice to have a convenient website to access. I absolutely loved my whole wedding parties hair/makeup on the wedding day. I would highly recommend Hint of Shimmer to other brides!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessie J

I was VERY picky with most of my vendors, and we ended up with a $50,000 wedding for 80 people. Needless to say, makeup and hair were very important. I loved working with Lauren and Hint of Shimmer, they are completely reasonable price wise for the quality you're getting. (They... Read More were not AT ALL the reason we went over budget!) I definitely recommend doing the trial hair and makeup before the wedding - I'm really picky and my face is kind of awkward to put makeup on (like I look HORRIBLE with lower eyelash mascara), and Lauren immediately picked up on all of my input. Also, because I'm lazy, I left my wedding hair and makeup on for a few days (we had brunch, after parties, etc.) - completely lasted. I danced so much I was sweating at my wedding, and the departure pictures were still perfect because my hair and makeup were perfectly intact. Going with Hint of Shimmer made my wedding day much less stressful, I knew they'd make me look beautiful and they exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 jana h

I have to say , I looked Damn Good and it was all to Lauren and her team! I wish I had more reason to get air brushed!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa H

I have no doubt that Lauren does awesome makeup, but due to some scheduling circumstances I ended up only using Hint of Shimmer for hair. Roxy came to the hotel and did hair for me and my seven bridesmaids. She was AWESOME! Everyone loved her, and most importantly everyone... Read More loved their hair. Roxy is such a sweet person and she was a delight to have in the bridal suite all day. Roxy was even kind of enough to re-do my niece's hair with no complaint (it looked cute the first time too but my niece decided she'd rather wear it up than down). I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Robin F

Thank you Hint of Shimmer Team, beautiful bride and bridal party. Could not have asked for more cooperation and great results!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Chantal P

Lauren & Kelly did an amazing job! I loved the look they gave me :)

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Terra T

My wedding was in a different city than I live in so I was VERY nervous about getting someone to do my hair and makeup. I looked online and read reviews and something about Hint Of Shimmer just really stood out to me. I reached out to Lauren and she was super helpful through the... Read More whole thing. We emailed back and forth a lot and she was great with answering all my questions. I wasn’t sure I would be able to do a trail run for my hair and makeup but she was willing to work with me and I’m glad I did. Her and Kelly (I believe that was the hair lady) were really nice and quite funny. I’m a talker so they were able to put up with me for the trial run and the next day for the wedding. They showed up at our hotel room nice and early and worked their magic on my ladies and myself. They were very funny and easygoing. The makeup was wonderful. I don’t wear a lot of makeup so I always am nervous but she did a great job. Loved them both and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Stress Free and Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Lindsey T

I cannot say enough great things about these ladies. I went into my trial/bridal portrait session with just a couple of pictures of what I was going for. They both understood and made me feel beautiful. Because I had worked with them previously for my trail, the day of was nice... Read More and calm. They worked on location from my on-site cottage and provided hair and make-up for the bride, 2 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and flower girl. I loved working with them, their prices were very reasonable, and all of my pictures turned out beautiful!

Engagement pictures

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Brittany C

Lauren did my hair and makeup for my second attempt at engagement pictures and I absolutely LOVED it. I received so many compliments and felt so beautiful. The price was very reasonable and she was such a pleasure to be around. I cannot wait to have her do my hair and makeup for... Read More my bridals. You're awesome thank you so much Lauren!!!!

Wedding Experience!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Lida C

Lauren was so easy t work with! She understood what I was looking for and was definitely able to deliver. I told her that my now husband always complemented my makeup after our trials or photo shoots. My wedding party was also head over heels for her airbrush makeup. Many of... Read More my girls wanted to take her home to have their makeup done daily by Lauren. My makeup always lasted. I even learned a few tips as well as discovered a new lip color that I still use thanks to her. Lauren provided all my makeup needs through out the year leading up to our wedding. I would recommend Lauren without hesitation. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

Lauren Hogenson

Hint of Shimmer is a professional airbrush makeup and event hair styling company based in Austin, Texas. We specialize in traveling to clients and providing beauty services at the their location. Since founded by Lauren Hogenson in 2010, our team has expanded to include other exceptional makeup artists and hairstylists ready to accommodate clients on-site in and around Austin.