Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

1828 7th St, Charlotte, NC Charlotte & Beyond (704) 281-1998

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Richie H

She's not only a blast but our pictures were better than I could of imagined.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Alyssa S

Lauren is so incredibly talented. Every picture she takes is a work of art and I could not of imagined a better photographer for my wedding!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Brittney M

Lauren is so incredibly talented and an absolute joy to work with!!!! Our photos are amazing and she captured every special moment and detail and thought of so many creative, personal shots for us. I am also quite sure that after we were running behind schedule, she stayed... Read More long after she was obligated to in order to catch a few more special moments. She is without a doubt worth EVERY penny, and I am so grateful our wedding planner recommended her! She is super fun but bossy when we needed her to be. She and her awesome assistant handled our large family, my stubborn mother :) and my long photo list with grace and professionalism. There were some delays due to an issue with her gallery host and she's offered to give us a framed print to make it up to us.

Seriously... Lauren is the best!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Megan R

Choosing Lauren is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I knew from the start that I wanted a really talented photographer to capture the day. I had seen so many wedding photos in the past that scared me… they looked cheap, staged, corny, and not magical at all.... Read More With Lauren, you can rest assured this will NOT be the outcome of your photos. She was the only photographer we met with because we knew right away there was no need to look elsewhere. Her work and personality spoke for itself. She does not take thousands of photos and pray that just a few turn out okay. Instead, she puts thought and care into each shot to ensure you end up with a collection of perfect photos. Her personality is stellar and she is very down to earth. During the entire process she made us feel comfortable and relaxed. We went into our wedding day completely trusting her and I cannot express how much peace of mind that provided! Lauren worked her photography magic and gave us photos that are timeless, gorgeous, and one of a kind. We have received SO many compliments and I could not be happier with the final product. I wish I could keep hiring her to photograph more things in my life! Do yourself a favor and choose Lauren. You will not be disappointed!

Captured our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Shelby N

Lauren Rosenau Photography went above and beyond as our wedding photographer. She captured our day perfectly and couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She constantly kept in touch, responded to my emails and questions quickly, and never made me feel like my... Read More wants and needs were unreasonable or silly. She shoots with real film which takes a true artist to execute flawlessly. This is not a feature all brides are looking for, but I tell you, it is the most unique and worth while. It did take awhile for us to get our proofs back, but that is the process with film and worth the wait. Something you must understand before going into it. I planned my wedding myself and wasn't able to write down all the details I wanted or totally forgot about. No worries, as that is what Lauren does best, captures the details. She will make sure that everything is documented that day. Getting the proofs back, seeing as such (her catching all the little and big details) was so fun and relieving to see! That is an added plus that I didn't have to ask for, she just does. I highly suggest Lauren to any wedding couple and hope you are just as pleased as I was!

Great photographer

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Megan H

Lauren is phenomenal! Not only did she treat us with great respect she took the most beautiful photos. If you want timeless, flawless photos Lauren is the photographer for you!

2015-10-20T17:54:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having us share in your beautiful wedding in Charleston! We love you both and appreciate your kind words!

Lauren Rosenau Photography - Near perfect!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kim P

Nothing in life is perfect, right, so that's why I say near perfect. My hubby and I met Lauren at church and so she was our only option as far as photographers go. Lauren made me laugh so the process was fun we look so natural in the photos. Wedding days are cray cray so I don't... Read More blame her that a couple family shots I wanted were missing, and the shots we do have beautifully capture the perfect fall colors and details. Mostly, I'm so, so thrilled with the ceremony photos because let's face it, marriage has it's sucky days, so whenever I feel icky, I look at the photo of him seeing me for the first time on our wedding day and I get butterflies all over again. The wedding is NOT all about the bride, and my fave shots are of my handsome husband. Lauren is a pro, she won't do you wrong!

2015-10-20T17:57:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you both so much for having us there! Our apologies if any group shots were missed. We work from specific lists so desired group shots are taken, and often family members aren't notified of the location or the fact that they will be in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Lindsay D

Lauren has an unbelievable eye! Our pictures are absolutely amazing and we have had person after person comment on how beautiful our wedding album turned out! She does work of exceptional quality and it will make picking your favorites difficult :)

2015-10-20T17:59:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys so much! I'll never forget your sweet, heartfelt vows and the special performance Kevin prepared for you! I completely teared up several times that day. Your love for each other is overwhelmingly beautiful xoxo

Best Wedding Photographer I've Seen

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sarah Z

Yes, I was the bride, so you may assume I'm biased when I call Lauren the best wedding photographer I've seen, but let me preface that statement with the confession that prior to my wedding I was a bridesmaid 8 times. As an 8 times over bridesmaid, I've encountered a WIDE... Read More range of wedding photographers, and Lauren stood out for all the right reasons. Her prices are not cheap, but they are reasonable. You get HIGH quality work; everyone who has seen our photos remarks that they look like they're from a magazine. In addition to the high-quality, hard work Lauren put into our wedding pictures, she also took our engagement pictures and my bridal portraits. In all 3 sessions, Lauren captured both traditional portrait style photographs as well as the more contemporary candid photographs, all of which help better preserve memories of our engagement and our wedding day. Finally, and most importantly, Lauren stood out because she is, well...Lauren. She is a wonderful person who is easy to get along with. She was prompt with communication; if I had any questions or concerns all it took was an email or a text to her, and I got my answer back. However, the biggest bonus was how comfortable I, and my husband, felt with Lauren. We genuinely laughed our way through the engagement photo session, which meant that the resulting pictures featured sincere smiles and laugher, but it also meant our wedding day was a breeze. There are no awkward stiff smiles because Lauren captured our genuine smiles or, if our faces were tired, she managed to make us laugh. Use Lauren Rosenau Photography if you want high quality photographs which capture the nuances of your wedding day, engagement, and bridal portrait. I have experienced the range of wedding photographers, and I am so thankful that my fastidious research for my own wedding lead me to Lauren. She documented our wedding, but more than that, she contributed to the joy of our wedding.

2015-10-20T18:00:07 Response from the vendor

Oh my word- thank you so much. This is why I do what I do. We do appreciate your kind words and are so honored to have been there to share in your beautiful day. We love you guys!

Natural Talent, The BEST photos you'll ever receive!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Sheryl P

Lauren Rosenau is a true, natural talent. Not only is she amazingly sweet and down to earth; she has a GREAT eye and captures photos and moments that you will not think of or not even know you wanted so much until you see the photos! The thing that REALLY stands out about... Read More Lauren is that she chooses to shoot on film. What some photographers see as an outdated medium because of the invention and ease of digital photography, she sees as a lost art form that should still be used for a variety of aesthetic reasons. The pictures shot on film look so totally different than the cookie cutter digital images you typically see. She doesn't believe in churning out thousands and thousands of pictures, she gives you gems, real gems that you will treasure for the rest of your lives together. For all these reasons and so many more Lauren Rosenau is the best photographer in Charlotte. Hands down.

2015-10-20T18:00:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you a guys so much! You two are so much fun and we loved being there on your big day! xo

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Courtney B

Let me start by saying, Lauren is the BEST photographer I could have ever hoped for to capture our wedding day and engagement pictures. No need to look anywhere else, because she is IT!! We just got our wedding pictures back last week and I can't get over how great they turned... Read More out. I've always felt like I wasn't photogenic, but she made me (and everyone else) look and feel gorgeous in all of our pics. She is so easy to work with and feel comfortable around, my husband and I still talk about how awesome and easy-going she is. She is quick to get pictures back, and the way she uses film and light is just beyond words amazing. I literally can't write enough good things about Lauren, and I am so thankful we chose to use her for our wedding day.

2015-10-20T18:01:57 Response from the vendor

Love you guys to pieces- thank you so much for having us there! xo

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 4/06/2015 Diana H

Talented, personable, professional, and hilarious with such an amazing eye for beauty. That's who Lauren Rosenau is. Not only was she our first choice, but the chemistry we had with her during our first meeting made it such an easy decision. During our entire experience Lauren... Read More (and Ted, too!) made us feel comfortable and relaxed. The photos captured the happiest day of our lives with such love, elegance and beauty that we will treasure for many many years to come. If you are looking for a photographer, pray that Lauren is available because you definitely won't be disappointed! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for telling our story, Lauren. We love you!

2015-04-07T18:07:36 Response from the vendor

We LOVED being a part of your day. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for letting us share in and capture those moments. We love you guys, and congrats! xoxo

Couldn't ask for anything better...

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

Lauren, Ted and their assistant were absolutely amazing. They were so upbeat and fun and seriously were like friends on our big day. Lauren made me feel so relaxed while I was getting ready and they did such a good job when it came to rounding up the family for group pics. You... Read More have no idea how stressful that can get and they made it into a fun event. And of course our pictures.. they are just perfect. I love their style and the pictures turned out better then I imagined. They are seriously a great team and will recommend them to friends in the future for their big day. A big thanks again to you guys!

2015-04-07T18:07:00 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for your kind words xoxo

Magical

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Taylor F

In the time leading up to the wedding, Lauren was always there to answer questions and bounce ideas off of. She really listened to what my family and I wanted and we could not have asked for a better experience. Most guys don't like taking pictures, but my husband takes that... Read More to a whole new level. I on the other hand, really love photographs and It was so important to me to get at least some formal group and couples shots. Lauren completely understood and worked so quickly! She was beyond prepared and knew exactly what poses we should do and were we should stand. She was so patient and energetic that it was contagious. Her sense of humor and adaptability made it possible for me to get my pictures that I wanted, and both my husband and I to enjoy every moment of our ceremony, reception, and everything in between! My husband even admitted afterwards that the pictures were definitely worth it (a huge admission for him)! Lauren prides herself on being a storyteller... a beautiful story is exactly what we saw when we received our photos. The way she uses lighting is absolutely magical. There are so many photographers out there who have talent... but Lauren is on a whole other level. She is a charismatic photo-nerd and true master of her craft. Her photos speak for themselves - she is a true artist and one of a kind!

2015-04-07T18:06:47 Response from the vendor

Outstanding Photographer! LOVE our photos!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Allison L

What really caught my eye when searching for a photographer in the Charlotte area was Lauren Rosenau and her ability to capture such breathtaking moments. The way she catches those shots with the perfect lighting was one of the many reasons why we chose Lauren as our... Read More photographer. It was like Christmas when my husband and I received our wedding photos and going through them made us feel like we were reliving the moments… the best moments of our lives. When I chose my colors for my wedding I was thinking the colors would really pop and go together in pictures and our photos validated that and exceeded my expectations. There was an 80% chance of rain on our wedding day (our ceremony was held outside) and my fear was that the rain would prevent her from getting those amazing photos outside at our venue that I was dreaming about. Lauren and Ted kicked it into gear with the threat of rain coming our way. We got hundreds of photos in a matter of 30 minutes trying to beat the rain! You can't even tell that the sky was dark and lightning was threatening our day in our pictures!!! My husband and I really enjoyed having Lauren Rosenau as our photographer for our wedding day. She captured such intimate moments between us and I was so thankful to have everyone in our families there. Our Nana smiling so bright, my Dad and I dancing as I cried my eyes out, and seeing my mom laugh at my dad while dancing are just a few of the many moments I will be forever grateful for. I can't wait to decorate our house with her work…. the thing is, I will have to narrow our favorites down because we love them all!

2014-11-09T01:48:38 Response from the vendor

In our 6 years of business, our goal has always been to focus on our couples, and capture the moments they have explained to us are most important, as values of every couple differ greatly. We approach every wedding day with excitement and organization. In... Read Less Read More

Lauren Rosenau Photography

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We couldn't have made a better choice of wedding photographer when we chose Lauren. From the very first meeting we felt a personal connection with Lauren and that helped us stay relaxed on our big day. She and her husband made a great team and captured our wedding and reception... Read More in a way that makes it seem even more magical looking back.

2014-11-09T01:40:09 Response from the vendor

we love you guys! we are honored to be your photographers xo

LOVE Lauren, LOVE our photos!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Christina B

As soon as we stumbled upon Lauren’s website, we knew she was our girl. She’s incredibly talented and her work obviously speaks for itself. But you don’t just get an awesome photographer with Lauren – you get a super fun person who is full of life and positive energy. She truly... Read More cares about her work and making sure you have photos you’ll love forever. I was nervous about picking the right photographer because I’m that person whose eyes are closed in EVERY picture, but our photos are amazing. Both of us and our families and friends were blown away! She captured our personalities perfectly, and I love that we have so many options to choose from. Color, black and white, serious, goofy, NoDa, Fourth Ward, digital, film (seriously, how awesome is it that she uses film?!). Lauren can do it all! Wedding planning can be super stressful, and it’s an overwhelming amount of decisions to make. We absolutely made the right decision with Lauren though! The groom also wanted to share a few thoughts: From a guy’s standpoint, I didn’t want to have my photo taken. I don’t know what to do with my hands. I have a goofy smile. It is just something that makes me uncomfortable. However, Lauren was able to capture my personality, coached me on my hand etiquette, and eventually made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. In the end, she took one of my favorite photos I’ve seen of me. I really appreciate how laid back she made the process.

2014-11-09T01:41:13 Response from the vendor

You two are incredible. Thank you so much for inviting us to join in your day- we are truly honored (and what a fun day!!) And, props for a bride AND a groom sharing! xo

Great experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I must admit I was the typical groom. I went into the wedding completely ignorant to everything that's involved. My wife is a successful small business owner, so she was on top of everything and a lot of the time I was along for the ride. I stayed involved but essentially... Read More wanted to ensure my wife was happy and had the wedding of her dreams. With that being said we went on multiple interviews to pick her "dream team" vendors. When we were lucky enough to meet with Lauren Rosenau she immediately put us at ease. Her infectious smile and great personality made us feel comfortable in our initial consultation. We both knew immediately we wanted to work with her. During each photo session she shined with an uncanny skill. A skill to help someone like myself who isn't too comfy behind a camera, feel comfortable and confident at the same time. She also has a unique gift to capture those timeless moments you will always be able to talk about for years to come. Lastly during the wedding when the pressure is high and there is no bigger moment she delivered! She made it fun and memorable at the same time! Lauren is incredible!

2014-11-09T01:41:30 Response from the vendor

thank you, thank you! xo

Fantastic Charlotte Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Emily Breeze R

I met with several photographers in Charlotte when I got engaged trying to find "the best," and I knew from the moment I walked into her office that I had found her. She has so much energy and her personality clicked with mine. She made me feel comfortable which I think is... Read More important when you are in front of a camera. I love how she was responsive with any questions or concerns that I had. We love all the pictures she has took from several engagement sessions, bridal portraits, and the wedding day. Our family and friends are very complementary of our pictures and I credit that to her. She is helpful with getting the best look. She takes the time to get to know YOU and what YOU want from the pictures. Now, I will try to convince her to take my maternity pictures when the time comes!!

2014-11-09T01:42:05 Response from the vendor

haha- maternity! Girl- we love you so much, and are so honored to have been there for you on such an important day. xoxo

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Cindy D

Lauren was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional and made sure to get all the shots important to us. She helped the day run smoothly and I'm so thankful she was our photographer. I would recommend her to anybody!!

2014-11-09T01:42:28 Response from the vendor

We hope you guys are well! Still dreaming of your beautiful purple and gray wedding! xo L

Always pleased

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Laura C

Lauren and Ted took our engagement and wedding photos. Our engagement photos were exactly what we wanted and more. They ended up being featured in Carolina Bride, which of course made us feel special. They took our wedding photos as well, and they turned out wonderful, even for... Read More a backyard wedding on a budget. We had to downsize our wedding from the original plan and move locations but they were more than willing to work with us and travel to our new location and on our new date. They both have a great eye for photo opportunities that you might wonder what they see, but always turns out absolutely beautiful. All of my friends are obsessed with our photos and compliment both sessions all the time..they are always just as eager as I am to see photos taken with Lauren because we know they are going to be wonderful. Lauren has a fun and playful personality that makes you feel comfortable while taking photos and helps you relax so the pictures show your true emotions and feelings at that time. I would definitely recommend Lauren, and know that any one looking for a very talented photographer will not be disappointed!

2014-11-09T01:44:21 Response from the vendor

You two are such an amazing couple- from your engagement session in Charleston, to your beautiful, Summer backyard wedding, to your dreamy maternity portraits (that I still cannot WAIT to get my scans from!), I am honored to not have only been there for you... Read Less Read More

Great Photos!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Katie H

Lauren did a great job at capturing quality and timeless photos for our wedding. She really took advantage of the natural light and the surroundings...the pictures came out beautifully!

2014-10-23T13:14:20 Response from the vendor

xoxo

Lauren is the Best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Ashley M

Lauren did our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos and was absolutely wonderful and easy to work with. She is so creative and has such a fun personality which made the photo sessions really relaxed and comfortable for my husband and me. It's important that your photographer... Read More is someone you enjoy being around since you'll be spending so much time with them on your wedding day, and Lauren definitely is! We LOVE our wedding photos! Lauren and her team are experts at capturing all the perfect and special moments that really tell the story of your day. I highly recommend her!

2014-11-09T01:44:55 Response from the vendor

gah- we love you guys! Let's do it all again!! xo

Memories lasting forever...

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Kate C

Lauren came highly recommended from our wedding planner. My husband and I were happy to choose Lauren as our photographer. After meeting with her our decision was that much easier to decide that we wanted her as our wedding photographer, realizing how enthusiastic she was about... Read More what she was doing and looking at her 'story-telling' style. Lauren was an absolute professional, we were absolutely under a time crunch with our church after the ceremony and she still managed to get our pictures done. Long story short, she was accommodating to our schedule, our pictures could not have been better, one of the most outgoing and easy to work with photographers that we met. We would hire her over and over again.

2014-11-09T01:45:49 Response from the vendor

thank you guys so much- we loved every minute of it, and are so thankful that our friendship now continues after the wedding! xo-L

Bride

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Contessa S

Lauren was so sweet and my entire family LOVED her work!

2014-10-24T11:35:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much for having us there! xoxo