The Barn at High Point Farms - Wedding Venue

Flintstone, GA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For certain engaged couples looking for a wedding venue, only a big barn will do. Couples in Tennessee and Georgia appreciate the authenticity and charming atmosphere offered by The Barn at High Point Farms. Located in the northwest corner of Georgia, roughly 20 miles south of downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, this working family farm transforms into a magical celebration space with ease. With capacity for up to 200 guests, the farm's grounds and barn fulfill the wedding-day fantasies of many couples.

Outdoor Ceremony Sites. The lawn behind the barn offers sweeping pasture and animal views. When the bride makes her entrance through the large barn doors, all eyes are on her. With sunlight peeking through a canopy of branches, the grove makes another storybook ceremonial setting. Different configurations for seating in this area offer views of the stately pecan tree or pasture.

The Barn. Weathered wood, trolley-style tin doors and a natural stone patio give the exterior of the barn unique rustic appeal. Inside, couples and their guests enjoy exposed posts and beams, filmy draped curtains, romantic string lighting and a smattering of antique props. Wedding participants kick up their heels in the Dance Hall, a room adjacent to the original barn. Windows along every wall bring abundant natural light to this space during the day and a Mason jar chandelier and string lights offer a romantic glow in the evening.

While many couples choose to have an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception, others prefer the opposite. Fortunately, The Barn at High Point Farms offers flexibility for the ideal wedding celebration.

Prenuptial pairs may rent The Barn at High Point Farms from March through November with a rental window from noon until 11:30 p.m. Couples hire their own caterer and the site provides up to 200 tables and chairs and a variety of other accent furniture pieces if desired. The venue also supplies all set up and breakdown of furniture.

The Barn at High Point Farms does not have a kitchen on site but does provide a work station for caterers complete with two refrigerators and a chest freezer for ice storage. If couples wish to include adult beverages in their wedding celebration, they may bring beer, wine and champagne only.

The site offers several service packages for an additional charge. These include decorating, a day-of coordinator, reception staff and more. Couples can call The Barn at High Point Farms directly or access the venue's website to get more information about available wedding services.

To-be-weds looking for wedding venues often find those that offer extra amenities more attractive. Special perks provided by The Barn at High Point Farms include:

• A list of recommended vendors for convenience
  • Use of the barn, pasture, pecan trees, farm animals and more for photos
  • Access to the old farm house until 8 PM for bridal party preparation
  • A milk house-turned-man cave for groomsmen preparation
  • Availability of drop-off or self-parking
  • Some decor pieces available for no extra charge
  • Some decor pieces available for rent (vintage china, hay bales, Mason jars, old quilts or linens)
  • A handicap-accessible restroom and changing station for parents with infants
  • Availability of Mimi's Guest House for honeymoon lodging at an additional fee
  • Temperature control in the Dance Hall

Barn & Outdoor Weddings and Receptions at the Farm

The Barn at High Point Farms is a family farm located in NW Georgia. We host authentic farm and barn weddings. We have the skyline of Lookout Mountain above us, the hay fields and pastures around us, and the Southern charm of an old farmhouse that accents the beauty of our old weather barn and farm.

Barn

Service Staff

263 Parrish Ln, Flintstone, GA (423) 280-3238

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Caroline S

After my husband and I got engaged, we scheduled multiple venue visits and planned to visit them all in a weekend to get some kind of idea of what we really wanted for our wedding. We visited The Barn first, and cancelled all of our appointments and booked it. After our wedding... Read More on June 25, 2016, we could not be more happy with our choice! Not only is everything about the venue so perfect, but I was so impressed with how helpful Margie was and how easy it was to keep in touch with her. In the months before our wedding, I was emailing her constantly, and she always responded so quickly and helped me make decisions that I wasn't sure about. Everything about the venue was absolutely perfect. The scenery is gorgeous. They have everything that you could ever imagine / need / want for decorations, and Margie's expertise was so helpful. I felt like I had the freedom to make the decisions I wanted to make, but we trusted Margie to do all of the things we weren't exactly sure about, and everything turned out amazing. I would one thousand percent recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Allie P

I cannot say enough great things about this place! The owners are just lovely people. There are so many options when it comes to your wedding day. They have TONs of decor to offer that's included in the price, and they have onsite accommodations - my bridesmaids and I stayed... Read More there the night before the wedding, which made for a stress-free wedding day. If you're looking for a beautiful venue to host any special event, I would definitely recommend them.

2017-05-09T21:15:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for being a part of our farm history and for taking the time to write such a sweet review for us. Come visit us on your anniversary.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Amy M

The Barn at High Points Farms was the absolute best place in the world to get married! The venue is just amazing, the cost was reasonable, the gals who own/run the place both Margie and Jill are absolutely wonderful and easy going. The atmosphere down at the barn is purely... Read More amazing and stress free. I HIGHLY recommend this venue, we traveled all the way from Chicago and we could not have found a better place in the world to tie the knot! The best part about this place are the comments we received about how fantastic this venue was from our family and friends was worth it's weight in gold. It is truly an experience to get married here!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Brooke D

This venue is spectacular. It was everything I ever imagined for my wedding day venue. Our woodland fairytale theme went beautifully with the rustic setting and Margie, the most accommodating host you'll ever encounter, made the whole day come to life from our shared Pinterest... Read More board. I knew exactly what I wanted and she worked with me on how we'd do it, set it up, and what I couldn't live without. From the books and teacups decorated with succulents and mini ferns, to the string lights that dot every tree, my husband and I were definitely in a fairytale. My wedding day was more beautiful than I ever imagined and while that's due to the tireless efforts of all my incredible vendors, it starts and ends with Margie and this incredible space.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Patrice D

From the moment my daughter saw the Grove of trees just outside the barn doors, we were hooked. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous and it was her dream to be married under a big tree. The woodland fairy-tale wedding began there. We viewed the property with Jill as our... Read More guide and decided to book it. I started wondering how we were going to go about decorating and read through all the information on their website and realized that the solution was right in front of me. Margie was the answer. She planned a perfectly stunning decor taking into account all of Brooke's ideas of what she and Jared had in mind and then she made it come to life on Brooke's wedding day. Margie was a wizard special touches she put in that made it Brooke were just awesome. I loved the fact that she was able to use so many of her teacups, teapots and vintage books that are exactly what Brooke wanted. The outdoor ceremony was perfect, then the quests moved to a different side of the barn where they had set up a refreshment station, a feed the goats area along with several corn hole games for the guests entertainment while the staff moved the chairs inside so everyone was able to be seated for the first dances and then dinner. This was flawlessly achieved by Margie and her crew . After dinner there were toasts and then dancing in the dance hall, smores by the bonfire, followed by a sparkler sendoff to close the nights festivities. The wedding couple along with several other relatives stayed on site that night in Mimi's House which can be rented for the night and will house 8 guests which was an added blessing for us. Our guest 's complimented everything about the Barn and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. If you are looking for the perfect Barn wedding this is the place.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sabrina T

They were absolutely amazing!! It was affordable and they worked with us to get exactly what we wanted. Such a beautiful venue; they truly made my day go very smoothly. Everything was just perfect !!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Aubree C

My wedding venue was perfect! I could not have picked a better place. I heard from many of my guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to and I agree I have never seen a more stunning venue. They were very helpful and very affordable!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Megan D

I was lucky enough to have my wedding ceremony and reception at The Barn at High Point Farms on May 14, 2016. I honestly could not have ever imagined a more perfect venue or a better staff to work with throughout the wedding-planning process. Margie and Jill are incredible. I... Read More worked with both of them to plan the wedding from several states away. Though this could have been extremely stressful, I always received responses to my emails and questions within hours, if not minutes, and Margie and Jill had great suggestions for decorations, layouts, vendors, and timelines. I was attempting to write my thesis for graduate school at the same time that I was planning my wedding and I know that I never could have put it all together without the help of Margie and Jill. The venue is beautiful on its own, but they managed to turn it into a breathtaking location for our ceremony and reception. I wholeheartedly recommend The Barn at High Point Farms for anyone who is looking to have a fun, unique, and memorable venue for their wedding. My husband and I had a great time on our special day and simply can't thank Margie and Jill enough. Get ready to be wonderfully surprised with this amazing venue.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

My wedding was exactly what I wanted. The staff was so friendly and available to make it however I wanted. The scenery was beautiful. There is lots of space to get ready. I couldn't have had a better experience.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Bradley A

The Barn at High Point Farms is spectacular! The venue is beautiful, the scenery is breathtaking, and the staff are genuinely kind. From start to finish everyone was patient, very thorough with details, and very flexible with our vision. Walking into the barn the day of the... Read More wedding brought so much emotion into all of us because the staff literally make it picture-perfect! The landscaping was lovely and bright, the barn was organized and decorated perfectly to reflect a balance of character and beauty. We are so grateful to have found this venue and had such a remarkable wedding experience with everyone involved at the barn. It was honestly better than anything we ever imagined it could be - all expectations and hopes were far exceeded!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Wow. Such a magical wedding day for my husband and I. Many of our family members and friends described it as 'The Best Wedding they have ever attended'. Beautiful scenery and warm atmosphere. Margie went above and beyond making sure all details were covered in decorating and... Read More coordinating. The entire staff made us and all our attendees feel so special. The activities (corn hole, hayride, bonfire, petting the goats) gave our guests lots to do while we were having pictures taken. We wouldn't change a single thing. Our day was PERFECT!

Wedding at the Barn at High Point Farms

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Emily A

I planned my wedding from out of town about seven hours away. From the beginning Jill and Margie worked with me to make my experience easy and enjoyable. I ended up booking the venue before I ever saw it in person, but could not have been happier from the moment I drove up and... Read More saw the barn for the first time to the moment when I drove away with my new husband after our beautiful ceremony under the trees and hours of dancing in the barn. The grounds have been so well kept, they have great lighting in place already, and they provide a long list of add on decorations to really personalize your day how you want it without having to go buy 100 mason jars yourself. Everything about my experience was perfect and I could not have asked for a better venue!

Best Decision Ever

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Autumn H

The Barn at High Point Farms was better than I could have ever dreamed of. Being a wedding coordinator, I knew my expectations would be hard to fulfill. the owners were extremely sweet and sincere and very easy to work with! It is a family run business, & that love really... Read More shows through in their efforts to make each brides dream day come true. Everything could not have turned out more perfect and it wasnt without the help of Jill & Margie. The character of the barn speaks for itself and you'll absolutely go crazy when you see everything they have to offer. Too cute to pass up, and I'm glad I didn't because it was the best decision I've ever made!

Wedding of Our Dreams!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Krista S

We knew the moment we first visited The Barn at High Point Farms that it was our wedding venue. There are so many charming details here that you won't get anywhere else. Beautiful landscaping and decor, and it is always well maintained. The photo opportunities are endless and... Read More breathtaking. My guests all raved over how gorgeous it was! The goats are precious! Margie and Jill are so sweet and helpful. They answered every question quickly. We had an absolutely perfect wedding day at the venue of our dreams! So highly recommended!!

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Haley S

My daughter's wedding at the Barn at Highpoint was perfect. I really wanted the wedding to be something people remembered as fun and relaxed as well as beautiful and it certainly was. We had corn hole, smores, music, the goats, and a beautiful evening under the stars. The... Read More house where the brides got ready was charming and relaxing. It was one of our favorite things about the day! You can't ask for a better venue.

The Best Wedding Venu EVER!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jennifer S

Margie and Jill with The Barn at High Point Farms are simply amazing! They took care of all the little details for me on my wedding day, they knew what I had envisioned and ran with it. That was a big deal to me, I didn't want to worry on my wedding day, I wanted to sit back,... Read More relaxe and fully enjoy the day. The atomospher at The Barn is very welocoming and peacful, not to mention visually stunning. I wish I could re-live my wedding day everyday and thats all in thanks to Margie and Jill.

Best Wedding Venue in TN!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Jenny B

The Barn at Highpoint Farms was the perfect setting for our wedding - we wanted something that was laid back and embraced being outdoors, while still having an elegant and classy barn setting for dinner and dancing. They provide a very easy going, relaxed atmosphere and are... Read More able to help cater to the exact image you have for your wedding. Margie, the owner, helped us with so much - from decorating ideas to the day-of-coordination, she easily understood the feel and atmosphere we wanted while providing assistance and advice at the perfect time. The setting was simply stunning, the barn and decor perfect... it was simply wonderful. I'd recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor barn setting.

Beautiful Barn Venue

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Kate P

The Barn at High Point is the most gorgeous barn venue with a scenic setting in the countryside. The owners are super friendly and really go out of their way to make sure your wedding goes smoothly.I can't even express how perfect my wedding was and how amazing this venue is!

Breathtaking Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

The Barn at High Point Farms was everything we were looking for- it's beautiful, unique, charming, whimsical and rad. Hard to find a place like this! We reserved it, as soon as we layed eyes on it. The owners are professional, courteous and helpful. They made our day go off... Read More without incident. There attention to detail is insane; everywhere we looked took our breath away. We can't thank them enough for everything they did to make sure my husband and I had a day we will never forget. The Barn at High Point Farms is a wedding venue that gets it right! Just can't say enough about how happy we are about having our wedding at The Barn at High Point Farms. If you want a breathtaking dream wedding this is the place for you!

Great Family Owned Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Shayla V

My wedding at The Barn was an amazing experience. Margie and Jill are great to work with and will do whatever it takes to make your wedding how you want it. I would reccomend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic and authentic experience.

Exactly what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jennifer L

The Barn at High Point Farms was the exact atmosphere we were looking for- somewhere outside, laid back and casual, but still elegant. The Farm is located at the foot of the mountains, which provided a great scenic backdrop to the open fields, grove of trees and barn. We had a... Read More great time and our guests absolutely loved being there! They were able to dance the night away, play lawn games or just sit and mingle under the trees at the reception. Margie and Jill were so great to work with and willing to help or answer any questions we had. We were looking for a place where we could use our own vendors and have creative freedom and this was perfect for that. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

2014-10-20T20:24:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We have these foundational goals for our business and one of them is trying to make it a wonderful night for all....for the bride and groom - yes...but also a memorable time for your guests. Thank you for taking... Read Less Read More

Simply Spectacular

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Crystal S

If you're looking for an amazing outdoor venue with that rustic touch, look no further than The Barn at High Point Farms! From the beautifully decorated barn, to the vintage bride's room, to the curious little goats, this place was a dream. Margie and her family worked extra... Read More hard to ensure that every touch was absolutely perfect, and I'm STILL getting texts and phone calls about how gorgeous the venue was and "how on Earth did you find this place?!". I had an idea of what I wanted, but not great direction. Margie was able to help me focus my vision and then offered up more suggestions to help tie it all in. Vintage church pews in the grove, antique quilts, mason jars on shephard's crooks, sparklers, s'mores station, bonfire.... and that's just the beginning. She worked with a local florist to create the bouquets and gathered extra matching flowers to use as decoration around the barn and for the cake. If you want a different type of decor, no problem, this venue is remarkably functional and versatile. Just ask. Margie and her family are exceptionally professional and easy to work with. I could go on for days, but alas, no one wants to read all that. Take a look at their website, and then shoot an email or give them a call. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

2014-10-20T20:20:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review...it is all music to my ears. Each bride feels like one of my own....and it was our pleasure to help you!

Everything I wanted and MORE!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Tina F

From the beginning Jill and Margie were a pleasure to work with. I had an extremely hard time finding the venue I wanted. I didn’t want a stuffy traditional wedding. I wanted something fun, laid back, and with a bon fire! This barn was exactly the setting I wanted. One good... Read More thing about this place is the bride can make it what she wants. You aren’t forced to have a certain caterer or ceremony site, you can have it how you want it. What drew me at first were the beautiful pictures on their website. I was a bride on a budget so viewing the pictures I was thinking this place would be out of my price range, but it wasn’t! I would recommend the barn to everyone. Honestly, it is hard for me to write this review and tell you all the good things about this place because I was satisfied with everything, the people, the service, the atmosphere, the animals, everything. If you have any doubts watch the video on their website!

2014-10-20T20:22:04 Response from the vendor

We relish when a bride feels like she was able to make it her own....and yours certainly was.....very beautiful! We try to make it easy for our brides....with all of these decor here and there that sets the stage...we are pleased that you were so... Read Less Read More

Barn Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Allison L

The Barn at High Point Farms is an amazing wedding venue! Whether you are looking for country charm or rustic elegance, they have what you need. They provided the perfect setting for the wedding of my dreams! They were super easy to work with and took the best care of me as the... Read More bride. They provide a multitude of services and go beyond expectations. My wedding went off without hitch in great part to them. I will be forever grateful to this wonderful family. I highly recommend using them! Allison

Beautiful and Perfect

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Catherine O

I cannot tell you the number of compliments I got on how beautiful and fun my wedding here was. It was absolutely perfect and I could not have imagined a better place. The people here are very down to earth and easy to work with. They are very accommodating to whatever needs... Read More you have. The pictures from my wedding here are breathtaking and I could not have imagined a more beautiful place to hold an outdoor ceremony. It is very rustic but has the most fun and charming atmosphere.

2014-10-20T20:25:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review for us and our farm. We strive to be very accommodating so this is all music to our ears.

Jillian

I live on our family farm raising my own kids here just as I was fortunate enough to. There is nothing like living out in the country, enjoying the simple things of life, having horses, goats, and chickens to raise, being able to pick wildflowers in the fields and let my kids play in the creek. This farm wedding business is a family affair and I partner with my parents. I, myself, got married here many years ago when nobody was even talking about barn weddings. Our approach comes from my own experience. We are fully involved in all aspects of the business and I look forward to meeting you.